You want to wake up from this dream, Dolores?
是的
Yes.
我很害怕
I’m terrified.
没什么可怕的
There’s nothing to be afraid of,
只要你答对我的问题就可以了
as long as you answer my questions correctly.
-明白了吗 -是的
– You understand? – Yes.
很好
Good.
第一个问题
First,
你是否质疑过你眼中现实世界的本质
have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?
没有
No.
你身边的人有过质疑吗
Has anyone around you?
比如说你父亲
For instance, your father?
他很害怕
He was scared.
他的思维不清晰
He wasn’t thinking right.
他给你看了一张照片
He showed you a picture.
是的
That’s right.
这张照片有什么古怪的地方吗
Was there anything odd about that picture?
完全没有
No, nothing at all.
我看不出来什么
It didn’t look like anything to me.
如果它违反规定 就要将其撤下
If it breached, he needs to be put down.
政策就是如此
That’s the policy.
对我们来说 先找出原因不是最好的吗
Would it not be best for us to discover why first,
卡伦女士
Ms. Cullen?
请吧
Please.
我们运行了全面诊断
We’ve run a full diagnostic,
但是结果
but the results are,
令人费解
well, confusing.
告诉我 你的程序出了什么问题
Tell me, what happened to your program?
出自莎士比亚《李尔王》 梁实秋译本
我们一生出来
“When we are born,
我们便哭
we cry we are come
因为我们来到了这个
to this great stage
群丑的台上
of f-f-fools.”
可以了
That is enough.
告诉我 你能接入先前的配置吗
Tell me, do you have access to your previous configuration?
是的
Yes.
请接入吧
Access that, please.
你叫什么名字
What is your name?
彼得·艾伯纳西先生
Mr. Peter Abernathy.
艾伯纳西先生 你的目标是什么
Mr. Abernathy, what are your drives?
照料我的牲口
Tend to my herd.
照顾我的妻子
Look after my wife.
你的最终目标是什么
Your final drive?
当然是我女儿德洛丽丝
Well, my daughter Dolores, of course.
我必须保护德洛丽丝
I must protect Dolores.
是她造就了我
I am who I am because of her,

and, well, I–
我不想成为…
I wouldn’t have it–
我不想成为别的…
I-I wouldn’t have it any…
别的样子
other–
我必须警告她
I-I have to warn her.
警告谁
Warn who?
德洛丽丝
Dolores.
他们对她做的事
The things they do to her.
他们对她做的事
The things you do to her.
我必须保护她
I have to protect her.
必须帮她 我
I have to help her. I–
她必须逃出去
She’s got to get out.
非常好 艾伯纳西先生
Very good, Mr. Abernathy.
可以了
That’s enough.
这种行为
This behavior,
已经远远超出了小故障的范畴
we’re miles beyond a glitch here.
请使用当前版本
Access your current build, please.
你叫什么名字
What is your name?
出自美国诗人格特鲁德·斯泰因诗作《圣徒艾米莉》(Sacred Emily)
玫瑰之所以是玫瑰
Rose is a rose…
正因为她是玫瑰
is a rose.
你的行程是什么
What is your itinerary?
去见我的制♥造♥者
To meet my maker.
你走运了
Well, you’re in luck.
你想对制♥造♥者说些什么
And what do you want to say to your maker?
以肮脏龌龊的匠人之手
By most mechanical and dirty hand…
出自莎士比亚《亨利四世》 梁实秋译本
出自莎士比亚《李尔王》 梁实秋译本
我必对你们痛加报复
I shall have such revenges on you both.
我必定这样做
The things I will do.
究竟做什么我现在还不知道
What they are, yet I know not,
不过总是人间可怕的事
but they will be the terrors of the earth.
你不知道自己在哪里吧
You don’t know where you are, do you?
这是你自掘的坟墓
You’re in a prison of your own sins.
关掉它
Turn it off.
那是什么
What the hell was that?
我不知道 他脱离剧本了
I don’t know. He’s off script.
我们没有编写这些行为
We didn’t program any of those behaviors.
莎士比亚
Shakespeare.
我们不是让这个接待员扮演过很多不同角色吗
We’ve used this host in a number of different roles, have we not?
自从我来了这里 十年来他一直是艾伯纳西
Since I’ve been here, he’s been Abernathy for 10 years.
在那之前他做了一阵治安官
He was sheriff for a while before then.
-再之前是 -教授
– And before that… – The professor.
出自于恐怖故事线《晚宴》
Yes, from a horror narrative called “The dinner party.”
他是沙漠中一群异教♥徒♥的领袖
He was leader of a group of cultists
最终变成了食人族
out in the desert who turned cannibal.
他喜欢引用莎士比亚
He liked to quote Shakespeare,
约翰·邓恩 和格特鲁德·斯泰因
John Donne, Gertrude Stein.
前两者16-17世纪 后者19-20世纪
我承认最后一个年代不太对
I admit the last one is a bit of an anachronism,
但我难以抗拒
but I couldn’t resist.
这些是之前版本的记忆碎片
These are fragments of prior builds.
冥思肯定让他接触了这些记忆碎片
The reveries must be allowing him to access them.
没必要紧张 伯纳德
No cause for alarm, Bernard.
只是我们过去的作品有些阴魂不散
Simply our old work coming back to haunt us.
你父亲悄悄跟你说了一些话
Your father whispered something to you.
是什么
What was it?
他让我不要告诉任何人
He said I shouldn’t tell anyone.
我不会告诉其他人的
I won’t tell anyone else.
我保证
Promise.
他说
He said,
出自莎士比亚《罗密欧与朱丽叶》
这些残暴的欢愉 终将以残暴结局
“These violent delights have violent ends.”
这些话对你有什么意义吗
Does that mean anything to you?
没有
No.
我觉得没有
I don’t think so.
你对我们撒过谎吗
Have you ever lied to us?
没有
No.
最后一个问题 德洛丽丝
Last question, Dolores.
你会伤害任何生灵吗
Would you ever hurt a living thing?
不会
No.
当然不会
Of course not.
请把头往后仰 彼得
Tilt your head back, please, Peter.
数据清除完毕
Wipe’s complete.
你觉得这些不会对她的核心代码产生影响吧
You don’t think any of that had an impact on her core code?
对亲爱的德洛丽丝不会
Not good old Dolores.
你知道她为什么如此特别吧
You know why she’s special?
她被修理了这么多次 基本上算是崭新的
She’s been repaired so many times, she’s practically brand-new.
别让这点骗了你
Don’t let that fool you.
她是乐园里最老的接待员
She’s the oldest host in the park.
来吧 亲爱的
Come on, sweetheart.
告诉我们 你对你的世界的看法
Tell us what you think of your world.
这个世界吗
This world?
有人选择看到这个世界上的丑恶
Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world.
那些无秩序的混乱
The disarray.
早上好 爸爸 睡得好吗
Morning, daddy. You sleep well?
很好
Well enough.
你要去接着画你那幅画吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!