If you’re this bad at writing small talk,
到底是怎么得到这份工作的
How the fuck did you get your job?
说重点
Get to the point.
如果之前多有冒犯 我向你道歉
I wanted to apologize if I came across as aggressive.
还有我想跟你谈谈更新的事
And I wanted to talk to you about the update.
问题已经解决了
The problem’s been resolved.
根本就不该有什么更新
There should never have been an update in the first place.
福特和伯纳德一直想把他们弄得更像人类
Ford and Bernard keep making the things more lifelike.
但真的有人想要这样吗
But does anyone truly want that?
你想觉得
Do you want to think that your
你丈夫真的在上某个漂亮女人吗
husband is really fucking that beautiful girl
还是你真的射杀了某个人
or that you really just shot someone?
正因为游客知道接待员不是真人
This place works because the guests
这里才这么受欢迎
know the hosts aren’t real.
你到底想说什么
So what exactly are you suggesting?
不要再升级了
Stop the updates altogether.
也许还可以滚回一点
Maybe even roll them back a bit.
让接待员更可控一些
Make the hosts more manageable.
额叶切除手术可以做到
Lobotomies tend to do that.
想想这样的好处吧
Well, think of the benefits
在设计时间 维护 成本上
In terms of design time, maintenance, costs.
就更不用提福特博士了
Not to mention the dr. Ford factor.
这个人会追随他内心的恶魔直至地狱的深渊
The guy’s gonna chase his demons right over the deep end.
我比谁都要敬重他 但是在这点上…
I mean, no one respects him more than me, but at some point–
我 没人比我更敬重他
I. No one respects him more than I.
你的代词是第二个分句的主语
Your pronoun is the subject of the second clause.
我是说
I was saying– –
你说的是我们那个无所畏惧的头儿垮了
you were saying should our fearless leader have a breakdown,
你想利用这个往上爬
you want to leverage it for your career.
听我说 早就应该换人了
Listen, a changing of the guard is long overdue.
我想你知道 我站在你这边
I just wanted you to know that you have my support
而且我知道
and that I know that the
公♥司♥对这里的真正兴趣
corporation’s real interest in this place
远不止是满足那些
goes way beyond gratifying
想扮演牛仔的有钱混♥蛋♥
some rich assholes who want to play cowboy.
我原以为你只擅长
And here I thought you were only good
写写下流的幻想剧情
For writing depraved little fantasies.
没错
You’re right.
这个地方对客人是一回事
This place is one thing to the guests,
对股东来说又是另一回事
another thing to the shareholders,
在管理上又是完全不同的
and something completely different to management.
启发启发我
So enlighten me.
你觉得管理层真正的兴趣是什么
What do you think management’s real interests are?
你够聪明 能看到存在远景
You’re smart enough to guess there’s a bigger picture,
但又不够聪明 看不清楚是什么
but not smart enough to see what it is.
所以你知道你的支持对我来说有什么用吗
You know how much use that makes your support to me?
什么用都没有
Fuck all.
去睡个好觉吧 希斯摩尔先生
Get some sleep, Mr. Sizemore.
你明天还要讨好更多的有钱混♥蛋♥呢
You’ll have more rich assholes to gratify tomorrow.
这么早睡吗 梅芙
Early night, maeve?
身体有点不适
Feeling a bit out of sorts.
克莱门汀可以接我的活
Clementine can pick up the slack.
晚安
Night.
忘了什么吗 基西
Forgetting something, Kissy?
我开始觉得你对我有意思了
I’m beginning to think you’re getting sweet on me.
那是因为你身上流着一半乡巴佬的血
Well, on account of you being half cornhusker.
告诉我哪一半是
Tell me which half is which
我来搜搜那一半
and I’ll search that half.
那一半会切断你的喉咙的
Yeah, the half that’s gonna cut your fucking throat.
我告诉过你 我没…
I told you, I didn’t take–
又和新的一样了 是吗
Good as new again, huh?
有时候我很羡慕你能忘记从前
Sometimes I envy your forgetfulness.
有一个接待员出现了严重故障
We’ve got a serious problem with one of the hosts.
这个人还没喝够呢
Thinking this one’s still thirsty.
这次不会死了 阿诺德
Not gonna die this time, Arnold.
没什么能杀得了我
Ain’t nothing gonna kill me.
你们喝不了 这不是给你们的
You can’t have none. Ain’t for you.
又找到一瓶
Found me another bottle.
你在长个 要多喝奶
You’re a growing boy.
你在长个
A growing boy.
在长个
Growing boy!
里面有两个客人
We got two guests inside.
我去跟他们谈
We’ll go talk to them,
你们搞定这个烂摊子
you sort this mess out.
他们本就该相互攻击的
You know, they’re supposed to turn on each other,
但只有在客人把他们带到高能故事情节上的时候
but only if a guest takes them on the high sierra storyline,
沃尔特总会配合
and Walter always buys it.
看来沃尔特已经厌倦了
Well, I guess Walter got tired of buying it.
这说明治安官的事不是个别事件
I suppose this means the sheriff wasn’t an isolated incident.
其实这是个好消息 真的
It’s good news, really.
证实了问题就是出自于升级
Confirms the problem was part of the update.
我们可以把他们进行滚回操作
We can roll them back,
清理干净 再重新上线
clean them up, put them back in service.
你觉得我会同意
You think I’m gonna sign off
让这个谋杀犯重新上线吗
on this fucking homicidal thing going back into service?
本来的设计就是谋杀犯
It’s homicidal by design.
沃尔特一直都杀其他的接待员
Walter kills other hosts all the time.
我承认这个模式
I’ll admit the method here
有点打破常规
is a little unconventional,
但是它没有伤害到客人
but it didn’t hurt a guest.
接待员理应待在自己的循环中
The hosts are supposed to stay within their loops,
按剧本行事
stick to their scripts
只能有极小的即兴发挥
with minor improvisations.
但这可不是极小的即兴发挥
This isn’t a minor improvisation.
这他妈简直是场大灾难
This is a fucking shitstorm.
我们明天必须召回所有被更新的接待员
We recall all remaining updated hosts tomorrow.
一个个检查 废弃掉残次品
Examine them one by one, decommission the faulty ones.
那整个故事线怎么办
What about narrative?
如此大规模的召回 会引发极大的混乱
A recall of that size will be disruptive.
我已经让那位狂暴的朋友
I’ve told our overstimulated friend
提前一周去洗劫酒吧
to advance the saloon heist a week
并让血腥程度翻倍
and make it twice as bloody.
那应该可以帮我们掩盖召回剩余接待员的行动
Should give us cover to recall the remaining hosts.
客人们一定会很喜欢的
And the guests will love it.
我觉得福特恐怕不会同意吧
I’m not sure Ford will approve.
我也担心他不会同意
I’m not sure either,
因此就由你去告诉他吧
which is why you get to be the one to tell him.
这是你搞出的烂摊子 伯尼
This is your fuckup, Bernie.
只有这样才公平
Only seems fair.
我们的造物似乎有些行为失常
So our creatures have been misbehaving,
你到现在还没把程序错误筛选出来吗
and you haven’t yet isolated the bug?
那可真不像你的风格 伯纳德
That’s so unlike you, Bernard.
当然 除非你已经解决了
Unless, of course, you have
只不过是结果让你感到很丢人
and are simply embarrassed by the result.
是您添加的代码出了问题 先生
It’s the code you added, sir.
冥思
The reveries.
它有一些…
It has some…
“错误”
“Mistakes”
你觉得很丢人 不想用这个词
Is the word you’re too embarrassed to use.
不必觉得丢人
You ought not to be.
你就是千万亿个错误的产物
You’re a product of a trillion of them.
进化形成了这个星球上有情感和知觉的生命体
Evolution forged the entirety of sentient life on this planet
用的唯一的工具 就是错误
using only one tool–the mistake.
我自认为
I flattered myself
我们现在采取的是更专业成熟的做法
we were taking a more disciplined approach here.
我猜”自欺”也是自然选择的结果吧
I suppose self-delusion is a gift of natural selection as well.
确实如此
Indeed it is.
不过 当然了 我们已经成功地
But, of course, we’ve managed to
摆脱了进化的束缚 对吧
slip evolution’s leash now, haven’t we?
我们可以治愈任何疾病
We can cure any disease,
让我们当中最弱的人也能活命

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!