and we can re-evaluate the situation then.
她会回来的 对吧 莱斯?
She’ll be back, won’t she, Les?
这不像丹琪的作风
This isn’t like Dinky.
这对她来说不正常
It’s not normal for her.
当事情和她扯上关系就谈不上正常了
Well, there’s nothing normal when it comes to Dinky.
她只是有点特别 谢尔 仅此而已
She’s just different, Chelle, that’s all.
那不一定是坏事
That doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
又来了 还在给她辩护
There you go defending her again.
我现在就打报♥警♥电♥话♥
I’m calling the police right now.
你在开玩笑对吧 关于丹琪?
You’re kidding about Dinky, right?
你不是认真的 对吧?
You’re not serious, right?
我不知道 她就是有一种很好的幽默感
I don’t know, she’s got a real good sense of humor.
好吧 罗德尼·丹杰菲尔德也有啊
Well, so does Rodney Dangerfield,
但我不会和他结婚
but I wouldn’t marry him.
到底为什么大家都这么讨厌丹琪?
What’s everyone got against Dinky, anyway?
其中一点 是因为她算个新人
Well, for one thing, she’s new, kind of.
我是说
I mean.
她夏天什么的都在这里
She’s been here in the summers and all
但总是因为她的古怪
but she’s always getting sent off somewhere
被送到别的地方
on account of her weirdness.
你知道当新人刚来学校的时候
So you know how when someone’s new in school,
就该取笑他们一段时间
you gotta make fun of them for a while
好让他们适应这里
to break them in?
轮到丹琪 你就真得取笑她
Well, with Dinky Bossetti, you really got to make fun of her
因为她是丹琪
’cause she’s Dinky.
再说了 她很臭
Furthermore, she stinks.
她才不臭
She doesn’t stink.
她之前还很臭
Well, she did the other day.
再说了 她很丑
Furthermore, she’s ugly.
她才不丑
She’s not ugly!
她没劳拉·科利尔漂亮
Well, she ain’t beautiful like Laura Collier,
劳拉喜欢你 会直接答应你的求婚
who likes you and would wear your ring again in a minute.
你好 杰尔德
Hello, Gerald.
你好 比林斯先生
Hi, Mr. Billings.
比林斯 警官
Officer Billings.
对 是的 本尼 看
Yeah, right. Beannie, look.
哦 嗨 爸爸
Oh, hi, Dad.
来吧 你妈让你回家
Come on, your mom wants you home.
她在做通心粉和奶酪
She’s making macaroni and cheese.
奶酪是瑞士的还是丝绒牌的?
With Swiss or Velveeta?
我想那不重要
I guess it doesn’t matter.
把那该死的糖果丢掉
Put that goddamn candy away.
顺带问一句 你没在附近见过丹琪·波塞蒂吧?
By the way, you haven’t seen Dinky Bossetti around,
有吗?
have you?
没有 为什么这么问?
No, why?
她失踪了
She’s missing.
嘿 杰尔德 你要搭个便车吗?
Hey, Gerald, you want a ride?
比尼 拿上你该死的滑板
Beannie, get your goddamn skateboard.
杰尔德
Gerald?
我对此不是很担心
I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
不管怎么说 她还是个小孩
After all, she’s just a kid.
他们通常过会就回来了
They usually turn up.
好吧 但我很担心 好吗
Well, I’m very worried, thank you.
你就不能做点什么吗?
Can’t you do anything?
莱斯 叫他们做点事啊
Les, tell him to do something.
我很抱歉 我必须要离开了
I’m really sorry, I have to be going.
不 不 我刚刚泡了一壶热咖啡
No, no, I just made a fresh pot of coffee.
莱斯 请让里姆斯先生留下
Les, please tell Mr. Reems to stay.
莱斯 你要去哪?
Les, where are you going?
出去找丹琪
Out to look for Dinky.
为什么 我是说 为了什么?
But why, I mean, what for?
因为她是我们的女儿
Because she’s our daughter.
我们今天四点关门
Um, we close at four today.
有洛克希舞会
The Roxy Ball.
给我点时间
I got time.
就一会会
Not a lot.
我男朋友随时会过来
And my boyfriend’s gonna be here any minute.
他一定要我在那里等他
And he’s got this thing about me being there for him.
他是真的占有欲超强
I mean, he’s really possessive.
别告诉他我这么说他 好吧
Don’t tell him I said that, okay?
这件不错 对吧?
This is nice, isn’t it?
别告诉我男朋友我说的话 可以吗?
Don’t tell my boyfriend I said that, okay?
你今晚能把这些边缝好吗?
Can you have these hemmed by tonight?
我们正式下班了 你明白吗?
We are officially closed, you know?
好的 但我今晚能拿到它 对吧
Yeah, but I can have them by tonight, right?
好吧 我会把它钉住 但不会缝起来 可以吗?
All right, I’ll pin them, but I won’t hem them, okay?
来吧 宝贝 该走了
Come on, babycakes, let’s go!
不 你必须做
No, you gotta.
好吧 我试试 可以吗
Well, I’ll try, okay?
算我求求你了
I’m begging you, please!
这样 这怎么样?
Here, how’s this?
你到时候也穿这双鞋吗?
Are you going to wear these shoes with it?
不
No.
答应我 好吗?
Promise me, okay?
你真该早点来的
You really should have thought of this earlier.
答应我 求你了 你必须帮帮我
Promise me, please, you got to do this.
我会尽力的 好吗
I’ll do my best, okay?
加急得加钱
It is extra for the hurry.
好吧
All right.
给你 给你 给你 给你
Here, here, here, here.
不够
Extra.
够了吗?
Okay?
好了 继续吧
All right, go.
吉姆
Jim!
又来了
Not again.
嘿 丹东
Hi, Denton.
杰尔德
Gerald.
你想谈谈吗?
You wanna talk?
聊什么?
About what?
女人
Women.
它们都是从哪来的?
Where do they all come from?
没人要它们
Well, nobody else wanted them,
除了大卫
except for Dave here,
他差点被做成红肠三明治
he was on his way to becoming a bologna sandwich.
我们这有点家庭的氛围
We got kind of a family thing going here.
我们有时会吵架 不过大部分时候都很尊敬彼此
We argue sometimes, but basically, we respect each other.
所以你会帮我的忙 对吧?
So, you’re gonna do this for me, right?
你会在放学后来这里帮我喂它们吧?
You’re gonna come here after school and feed them for me?
丹琪 你真的确定吗?
Dinky, are you sure?
我是说 你真的确定洛克希是…
I mean, are you absolutely sure that Roxy’s.
是的
Yes.
我确定
I am.
《无帘之窗》哈
Uncurtained Window, huh?
你知道吗 我觉得如果你不再写书
You know, I think it would be a big mistake
那真是犯了个大错误
if you stopped writing.
你从哪拿到这个的?
Where did you get that?
克莱德图书馆
Clyde library.
不过找到它还挺难的
I had a tough time finding it, though,
因为它们把它放在了家庭装♥修♥区
’cause they put it under the home improvement section.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
你是唯五个读过这本书的人
You’re one of the five people who ever read it.
我喜欢这本书
I liked it.
它就是个彻底的灾难
Well, it was a complete disaster.
这就是你躲到克莱德来的原因吗?
Is that why you’re hiding out in Clyde?
我迷茫了
I lost it.
我再也不想写书了
I don’t want to write anymore.
那才真是一场灾难
That’s a disaster.
我尝试过了
I’ve tried.
一次吗?
Once?
我喜欢我们今天聊的
This is a good talk we had.
是啊