或者发明了什么好东西
country or invent something great
或者谋杀了某个人?
or murder someone?
你知道要多努力才让自己被写进歌♥里吗?
Do you know how hard it is to get yourself in a song?

Jesus.
你还是吃你的饭吧
You going to eat the rest of those?
一首歌♥是怎么把她变成一个传奇的?
How could a song make her a legend?
她已经是一个传奇了
She’d have been a legend
不管有没有那首该死的歌♥
with or without that goddamn song,
还是他献给她的专辑
or the album he devoted to her,
又或者是那些他对她的采访
or all those interviews he did about her.
你要知道 他把从这首歌♥里挣的每个子儿都给了她
You know, he gave her every cent he made on that song,
而那首歌♥霸榜了23周
and it played for 23 weeks.
她有那首歌♥的版权
She owns the rights.
我听说是终身的
I hear she’s set for life.
只要这首歌♥还在播放她就能赚钱
Still makes money off it whenever it plays.
我有天还在电梯里
Hell, I even heard a wimpy version of it
听过一个有气无力的版本
in the elevator the other day.
那她为什么离开他?
So why did she leave him?
因为她很聪明
Because she’s smart.
她知道在他们还恋爱的时候离开他
She knew that if she left him while they were still in love,
能让他们变得更加传奇
it would make them more of a legend.
你想 就像罗密欧和朱丽叶
You know, like Romeo and Juliet.
或者我和她
Or me and her.
那孩子怎么办
What about the baby?
我是说 有其他人知道她怀孕了吗?
I mean, did anybody else know about her being pregnant?
不 没人
No, no one.
她掩盖得很好
She hid it real well.
你的意思是我是除你们之外唯一知情的人
So you mean I’m the only other person who knows.
对 我想是的
Yeah, I guess you are.
她爱它吗
Did she love it?
她爱那个孩子吗?
I mean, did she love that baby?
是的 她爱
Yes, she did.
她怀着它的时候说过
She said, while it was growing inside her,
“真是个特别的孩子”
that it was a real special child.
那你呢
Well, what about you?
你就不好奇那个孩子后来怎么样了吗?
I mean, don’t you ever wonder about that baby?
有吗
Don’t you?
你算什么父亲
What kind of father are you, anyway?
你就从不想知道你的第一个孩子经历了什么吗?
Don’t you ever wonder what happened to your first born?
现在是早晨7点15分
It’s 7:15 a.m.
早上好 克莱德镇
Good morning, Clyde,
这里是朱迪·杜兰
This is Judy Duran coming to you
在我们的洛克希归来的这一天向你问好
on the day our Roxy returns.
丹琪 你醒了吗?
Dinky, are you awake?

No.
我能进来吗
May I come in?
我现在很忙 真的
I’m doing stuff, really.
要这个家容得下我们三个人的话
There are some things we’re going to have to work out
有些事我们必须得解决
if this house is going to hold the three of us.
听着 我上学要迟到了
Look, I’m late for school.
那我们今晚再谈 好吗?
Then we’ll talk about it tonight, missy?
我的名字叫丹琪
The name’s Dinky.
出什么事了?
What’s the matter, hm?
是关于我们的吗?
Is it something about us?
学校里没人知道
Nobody on the faculty knows.
没人
Nobody.
不 我才不在乎那个
No, I don’t care about that.
是 好吧
It’s, well.
什么
What?
你能跟我说的
You can tell me.
是关于丹琪
It’s Dinky.
你以前可不这么想
You never thought so before.
[Dinky 除了用作人名,也有“小的、小巧的、极小的(adj.)”的意思]
听着 贝丝
Look, Beth.
我想知道我们的关系会怎么发展
I want to know where we’re going.
我们在一起也差不多半年了
I mean, we’ve been together for almost half a fiscal year.
我只是想知道我们能否走到一起
I’d just like to know what direction we’re headed in.
你要考虑一下吗?
You want to think about it?
丹琪
Dinky.
我需要帮助
I need a favor.
帮忙?
A favor?
是的 谢谢
Yes, please.
你知道吗 我真的很感激
You know, I really appreciate this.
我已经一年没去购物了
I haven’t been shopping in years.
我觉得看起来挺明显的 是吧?
I guess that’s kind of obvious, huh?
在克利夫兰打出租车会很贵
Cleveland would have been a very expensive cab ride.
你跟你父母讲过了 对吧?
And you told your parents about this, right?
是的
Right.
我以前从不跟他们说
Well, I didn’t tell mine.
你说我们要怎么度过这一天?
What do you say we make a day of it?
只要我们来得及回来找我妈妈
Just as long as we’re back in time for my mother.
她会在九点到那
She’s going to get there at nine.
了解了
Right.
我觉得我可能合不了群
Well, I don’t think I can make it.
我不是很喜欢派对
I’m not big on parties.
好吧 那你想谈谈你和斯科蒂·桑霍尔策吗?
So, you want to talk about you and Scotty Sandholtzer?
不 丹琪 我不想
No, Dinky, I don’t.
你想谈谈你和杰拉德·豪尔斯吗?
You want to talk about you and Gerald Howells?
我受够男人了
I’m beyond men.
所以你以前在纽约
So you were a counselor
也是个心理顾问 是吗?
when you lived in New York, too, then, huh?
不 我只是想抽身休息一会
No, I just took a rest from that for a while.
这件太老土了
Mother of the bride.
你怎么不试穿点什么?
Why don’t you try something on?
我在努力了
I’m working on it.
好吧 我在纽约已经没前途了
Well, I burnt out in New York, too.
然后 有一天 我就打包行李离开了
Then, one day, I just packed up everything and I left.
好吧 那你是怎么到了克莱德的?
Well, how did you end up in Clyde?
你想听真心话?
You want to know the truth?
这样最好了
It’s usually the best thing.
我开车开累了
I got tired of driving.
这 不是我的风格
This is not me.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
你觉得我该试穿下?
You think I should try it?
当然
Yeah.
它们真漂亮
They’re nice.
谁?
Who?
它们
Them.

Oh.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 我觉得我该去试试我的了
Well, I guess I’m going to try my stuff on now.
好的 丹琪
Okay, Dinky.
你觉得我的有天能像你的一样漂亮吗?
Think mine will be as nice as yours someday?
我觉得它们现在就和我的一样漂亮
I think they’re as nice as mine right now.
是啊
Yeah.
你是第一个见到它们的人
You’re the first person who’s ever seen them.
我就是不理解
I just don’t understand
居然会发生这种事
how something like this could have happened.
摆正你的头
Straighten your head.
我爸觉得我应该告她
My father thinks that I should sue,
但我说 不 我就等着看她能不能处理好
but I said, no, I’ll just wait and see if she can fix it.
谢谢 伊芙琳 -啊哦!
Thank you, Evelyn. – Ow!
对不起
Pardon me.
吃点小点心?
Care for some fiddle faddle?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
学校刚刚打电♥话♥来
That was the high school.
丹琪今天没去学校
Dinky never showed up there today.
嗯…
Um.
我是这样想的
Look, here’s a thought.
不如我几周后再来
Why don’t I come back in a couple of weeks
然后我们可以重新评估她的情况

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!