Coach McNally.
莱里教练
Coach Riley.
第一行是 全国大学生体育协会
First line: NCAA, address…
我想你知道地址 露安
I assume you have it, Luann.
它在堪萨斯城某处
It’s somewhere in Kansas City.
开头称呼是 敬启者
Salutation: To whom it may concern.
我相信你们都很清楚 我们…
As I am sure you are aware, we…
我要开车去东南方一趟
I’m gonna take a road trip southeast of here…
把马丁斯维尔 这个姓萧的孩子找来
…and go get this Shaw kid down in Martinsville.
我要试试看找吉伯斯
I’m gonna take a shot at Gibbs.
去找个四分卫吧 教练
Go get us a quarterback, coach.
(西维吉尼亚大学)
-杰克 我是瑞德道森 -是的 先生
-Jake. Red Dawson. -Yes, sir?
(拒绝)
我知道有一些学校的教练 已经来谈过…
I know coaches from quite a few schools have already come to talk…
希望你儿子为他们打球
…about your son playing football for them.
我希望他还没下决定
I hope that he hasn’t made his mind up.
他绝对还没下决定
Ain’t no way he’s made up his mind yet.
等等 他就在那里
Wait, there he is, right there.
(西维吉尼亚大学 美式足球队)
有好消息吗 教练
Oh, what’s the good word, coach?
没有 该死
No? Shit.
楚门·安德鲁 我们来了
Truman Andrews. Here we come.
(拒绝)
(拒绝)
可恶
Shit.
露安
Luann?
先生
Sir?
全国大学生体育协会 回我电♥话♥了吗
Has the NCAA returned any of my calls yet?
没有
No.
6 7 8 9 10 11个在西维吉尼亚
Six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11 at West Virginia.
我们现在要的球员现在都在西维吉尼亚 那是谁
Kids that we wanted who are now in West Virginia. Who’s that?
鲍布兰伯特 在西维吉尼亚
Bob Lambert. West Virginia.
可恶
Shit.
12个球员在西维吉尼亚
Twelve. West Virginia.
瑞德 我们必须… 拓展招募的范围
Red, we gotta broaden our recruiting base or something.
我们必须更有创意的…
We gotta get creative about…
思考要找谁 要去哪里找
…who we’re going after, where we’re going after them…
以及如何找 对吧博士
…and how we’re going after them. Isn’t that right, doc?
早安 瑞德
Good morning, Red.
我们进展得怎么样
Well, how are we doing?
西维吉尼亚明年会很强
West Virginia will be competitive next year.
对 非常强 你呢
Yeah, very. How about you?
杰克 我还没听到任何正面的回应
Well, Jack, I haven’t heard anything positive back yet.
我想我已用尽方法了
And I think I’ve done everything I can.
也许我们需要更多时间 我不知道
Maybe we need more time. I don’t know.
我们唯一缺少的就是时间
Time’s the only thing we don’t have, Don.
现在已经是四月了 时间愈来愈紧迫了
I mean, hell, it’s already April. Time is not our friend.
让我问你一个问题 你结婚了吗
Let me ask you a question. Now, are you married?
对 到五月就25年了
Yes, I am. 25 years in May.
25年 我敢说…
Twenty-five years. I am willing to bet…
你不是在电♥话♥上求婚的
…that you didn’t propose over the phone.
对 我不是
No, I didn’t.
好 我非常清楚 她不是写信答应的
Okay. And I know damn well that she didn’t say yes in a letter.
-杰克 -博士
-Jack? -Doc?
-杰克 我知道… -博士
-No, Jack. I know… -Yes. Doc?
你办得到的
You can do it.
你是亡命之徒 开拓者
You’re an outlaw. Pioneer.
枪手 这是新的局面 博士
Gunslinger. This is a whole new game, doc.
你…
You…

You.
凡事都有第一次 唐
There’s a first time for everything, Don.
如果我们要生存 就必须要做那第一次
If we’re gonna survive, this has to be one of those times.
而你是唯一可以办得到的人
And you’re the only man that can do it.
(全国大学生体育协会)
对不起 先生 我很抱歉这样打扰你 但…
Excuse me, sir? Excuse me, I’m sorry to bother you like this…
我的名字是唐·戴蒙 马歇尔大学的校长
…but my name is Don Dedmon, I’m president of Marshall University.
我能不能和你谈一下
May I speak with you for a moment, please?
你在堪萨斯城做什么 唐
What are you doing in Kansas City, Don?
我的城镇和学校都受了伤害
My town, my school, we’re hurting.
我们想打美式足球 若没有你们的协助 我们办不到
We want to play football, and we cannot do it without your help.
拜托
Please.
猜猜谁要帮我们换尿布
Guess who’s going to change our diaper.
(获准)
太好了
Yeah!
抬起他
Get him!
快来帮忙 瑞德 他其实还挺重的
Need a little help here, Red. He’s heavier than you think.
他全湿了…
He’s all wet. He’s all wet.
获准了
Approved.
“马歇尔大学将可派新生球员上场”
“You will be allowed to play freshmen at Marshall University.”
-那里写什么 -把我放下来
-What’s that right there? What’s that? -Here, put me down.
协会会长签了名 还盖了章
That is signed by the president right there. There he is. Stamped.
博士 我们就要有一支美式足球队了
Doc, we’re gonna get us a football team.
这就是为什么我们要 提供给你儿子一些…
And that is why we are offering your son something…
全国任何学校都没有的待遇
…that no other school in the country can.
新生时就能直接上场 而且有大量上场的时间
Immediate and substantial playing time as a freshman.
(路卡斯·布斯)
暂停 我喜欢带球上篮的那个孩子
Time! I like the kid who made the lay-up.
但我想问的是这位 你叫什么名字 小子
This is the one I wanna talk to, right here. What’s your name, son?
传球过来…
Ball, ball, ball!
-打得真好 -谢谢你
-That was a hell of a hit. -Thank you.
-我是足球队教练道森 -我是巴比·乔丹
-Coach Dawson, from the football club. -Bobby Jordan.
-曾打过美式足球吗 -没有
-Ever play any football? None at all? -No, sir.
-没参加过青少年橄榄球赛 -没有 只打过棒球
-No Pop Warner, no high school? -No. Just baseball.
古维 过来
Groovy. Come on, man.
我要跟你谈谈
Hey, let me rap to you.
你好吗
Hey, how you doing?
你好吗
Hey. What’s up, man?
(瀑布市啤酒)
大功告成了 这名单看起来不错
Strong finish. That’s a good-looking board.
这名单看起来不错 我飞累了
Good-looking board. I’m tired of flying.
马歇尔大学迅雷队全新生队 由四分卫约翰·凯迪领军
Marshall Thundering Herd all-freshmen team, led by quarterback John Cady…
把球传给天才球员 路卡斯·布斯
…handing the ball off to the ever-talented Lucas Booth!
他跑进里面 但谁在外翼
He runs to the inside, and who’s on the outsider wing?
泰瑞·嘉德纳接到球 把它传给坦尼斯·瑞斯
Terry Gardner catches it, pitches to Tennis Rice…
他又把球传给边锋 山姆·波塔克
…who’s going downfield to tight end Sam Boteck.
我从没参加过
I’ve never been.
-不会吧 四年都没有 -对
-Crazy. In four years? -Yeah.
-营火晚会耶 -我从没去过
-The bonfire. -I’ve never been.
-每个人都参加过营火晚会 -我没参加过
-Everyone’s been to the bonfire. -I haven’t.
-你吃棉花糖吗 -我爱棉花糖
-Do you eat marshmallows? -I love marshmallows.
-你一定要参加营火晚会 -安妮 餐点好了
-You’ve gotta come to the bonfire. -Annie, order’s up.
-邀她来 -我会的
-Ask her to come. -I will, I will.
-拿去吧 -谢谢
-Here you go. -Thanks.
-能给我们餐具吗 -当然
-Can we have some silverware? -Sure.
-有人运气真好 -什么
-Some guys have all the luck. -Sorry?
你的未婚夫 他真幸运
Your fiance. He’s a lucky guy.
-你能开车吗 -我们八点左右离开
-Can you drive? Yeah. -Yeah. We’ll leave about 8?
凯斯 轮到你摆餐桌了
Keith? It’s your turn to set the table!
他不在这里 妈
He’s not here, Mom.
-他在哪里 -我不知道
-Where is he? -I don’t know.
好 各位 有些事情要先做
Okay, guys. First things first.
感觉与身边球员有联♥系♥
Feel a connection to the guy next to you.
手放膝盖上 手臂弯曲
Hand on a knee, hook an arm, whatever it is.
加油 迅雷队
Come on, Herd.
看看你的四周 这些都是你的队友
Look around, because these are your teammates, young men.
包括三位前校队队员
They’re made up of three returning varsity members.
兰迪·林登 乔治·欧森 奈特·拉芬
Randy Linden, George Olson, Nate Ruffin.
15位刚升2年级的球员
Fifteen freshmen turning sophomores.
其他人都是新生
And the rest of you, true freshmen…
第一次参与大学美式足球
…very first time in college football and walk-ons.
你也要上场吗 汤姆
Are you gonna play too, Tom?
记得这运动叫美式足球 开始训练吧
Remember, this is a game called football, let’s get to work. Let’s go.
我们要练习强力I阵式
We are going to be running the Power I, gentlemen…
它显然要由四分卫开始
…which obviously starts with a quarterback.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!