就像童书中的”伟大奈特”
As in Nate the Great.
奇特 独特 奈特
Date, late, escape. Wait. Nate.
麦崔克
McDrake.
我记住了 我小学同学的名字
I got it. Locked. Kid I went to grade school with.
这是我学到的联想记忆法 可以帮我记住名字
See, that’s a little word-association trick I learned. Helps jog the recall.
我在红书杂♥志♥读到的 告诉你 真的很有用
I read about it in Redbook. And I tell you what, it really works, too.
现在我们在同一条船上了 各位
Well, we’re in this together now, boys.
我保证我哪里都不会去
I’m not going anywhere, and that’s a promise.
我已经记下了一个名字
Already got one name down.
一旦我老婆把家里安顿好
Soon as the wife gets things settled at the house…
你们都要过来吃晚餐 到时我会记住其他两人名字
…y’all are coming over for supper, and I’ll get the other two.
我们都在同一条船上…
We are Marshall.
这是新的开始
It’s a new day, men.
我很喜欢那些男孩 唐 我真的喜欢
I like those boys, Don. I do. I do.
但是我还需要 55个像他们的球员
The thing is, I’m gonna need 55 more just like them.
这我恐怕就帮不上忙了
Oh, that I can’t help you with, I’m afraid.
其实你可以 唐
Well, actually, you can, Don.
我要你替我跟全国大学生体育协会请♥愿♥
You see, I need you to petition the NCAA for me.
要他们破例 让我们派新生上场
Ask them to make an exception. Allow us to play freshmen.
这是我们招募好球员的唯一机会
Now, it’s the only chance we have to get any edge on recruiting…
更不要说 让一支球队上球场了
…much less put a full football team on the field.
我们落后太多了
I mean, we are way behind here.
你比我更了解全国大学生体育协会 杰克
Well, you know the NCAA better than I do, Jack.
他们很严格 不会准许例外的
They’re rigid as a board. They don’t make exceptions.
通常是真的
Usually true.

Yeah.
我儿子昨天大便在裤子里 现在他四岁了
Hey, you know, my son, he crapped his pants yesterday. Now, he’s 4.
因为我老婆去购物 所以我必须帮他清理
All right, now, my wife is out shopping, so I had to clean him up.
她回家后 我告诉她 她说她不敢相信
She got home. I told her what happened. She says, “I can’t believe it.”
我说我也不敢相信 因为这小孩四岁大了
I said, “I can’t believe it either. The kid’s 4 years old…
他不应该做这种事
…he shouldn’t be doing that shit.” Pun intended.
你知道她怎么说吗 她说”我不是说这个”
You know what she says to me? She says, “Jack, no, not that.
“我不敢相信你终于愿意换尿布了”
I can’t believe you finally changed a diaper.”
你在说些什么
What are you talking about?
什么事都有第一次
There’s a first time for everything.
喂 我记得你
Hey, I know you.
中间的那个 我记得
In the middle. Yes, I do.
问我你的名字 快点 我不会偷看
Ask me your name. Go ahead, I won’t even look. Ask me your name.
-我叫什么名字 -奈特·拉芬
-What’s my name? -Nate Ruffin.
共同队长 去年出赛7场 就有11次截球
Team co-captain. Eleven interceptions in only seven games last year.
红书杂♥志♥联想法
Redbook.
真有用
Stuff really works.
我们可以办得到的 博士
Hey, we can do this, doc.
那些木板是一乘五规格吗
What are those, 1 -by-5s?
是一乘六的
One-by-sixes.
我从这里看不出有那么宽
They don’t look that wide from down here.
-我看过一次你们的比赛 -我们赢了吗
-Saw you guys play once. -Did we win?
对爱许兰大学的那场
It was the Ashland game.
那就是输了
Well, that’d be a no, then.
你们一直打到第四节都还不错
Well, you guys looked pretty good till the fourth quarter.
也许该采用五分钱小组
Probably should’ve gone to the nickel.
你也许说的对
You know, you’re probably right.
我很感谢你来这里看我
You know, I appreciate you coming out here to see me…
但是他们来问过
…but they already came out here to ask me back
而我已经说我不想…
and I already told them that I’m not…
-回去 所以… -对 我听说了
-coming back, so… -Yeah, I heard. I heard about that.
我只是觉得 我能有更好的提议给你
Just thought I could make you a better offer.
他们请我当总教练
You know, they asked you to be the head coach.
我要你当我的助理教练
I want you to be the assistant coach.
我想那是降级 杰克
I think that’s a demotion, Jack.
也许是
Well, maybe.
也许不是
Maybe not.
我是说工作一样 只是薪水比较少而已
I mean, it’s the same duties, practically, just less pay.
同样的工作时数 比较少责任
Same hours. Less responsibility.
同一支球队 比较少压力
Same team, less pressure.
瑞德… 我们很缺人手
I tell you, Red, you know, the cupboard is pretty bare.
我需要熟知这区域的 招募好手帮我
And I could use some recruiting help from someone who knows the area.
我和卡萝两年前搬到这里
You know, Carole and I moved here two years ago. It was…
那是1969年的春季
…spring of ’69.
他们雇我当接球员教练
They had hired me as a receivers coach…
但是当我到这里时 他们告诉我也要做招募
…but when I got here, they told me I was in charge of recruiting too, so…
我第一年出去 招募了20个孩子
That first year I went out and I got us 20 kids.
去20个人家里 坐过20间客厅
Went to 20 homes. Sat in 20 living rooms.
我向20位母亲保证 我会照顾她们的儿子
And I promised 20 mothers that I’d look after their sons.
他们本来是73年毕业班的
It’d have been the class of ’73.
现在他们一个都不剩了
There’s not one of them left.
所以我问你 杰克
So let me ask you, Jack:
我怎么能再注视着人母
How am I supposed to look a mother in the eye
做出任何承诺
and promise her anything ever again?
我不知道 瑞德
I don’t know, Red.
我不觉得我能再做了 杰克
I just don’t think I could take that field again, Jack.
那是不是俄亥俄谷煤线
Is that the Ohio Valley Coal line?
去年在亚克朗附近出轨的 同一路线
The same one that went off the tracks near Akron last winter?
对 没错
Yep. That’s the one.
它又回到轨道上了
Back on track.
听着 如果你改变主意
Well, listen, if you’re able to figure it out…
大门永远为你敞开 很高兴见到你 瑞德
…door’s always open. It was a pleasure meeting you, Red.
很高兴见到你
Nice meeting you.
我会把那 五分钱小组的想法记起来
I’ll keep that defensive-nickel package idea in mind…
以后用在第四节 也许可以多赢几次
…for my fourth quarters in the future. Maybe get a few more W’s.
一乘六吗
One-by-six, huh?

Yup.
同样的覆盖区域 少用几块板子
Same coverage, less boards.
汤姆
Hey, Tom.
我们有了教练 对吧
Guess we got us a coach, huh?
听着
Hey, look.
当我们是新生室友时
When they first roomed us together freshman year,
我不太信任你
I wasn’t too sure about you.
但我们撑过去了 你成为我最好的朋友
You know? But we stuck it out, and now you’re my best friend.
记得我们新生时 一天训练两次吗
I mean, remember freshman two-a-days?
我吐得很厉害 我想退出球队 你不让我退出
I’m puking my guts out and I wanna quit football and you won’t let me?
你在球场上从来不放弃我们
Now, you never gave up on us out there on the field…
我现在也不会放弃你
…and I’m not gonna give up on you now.
汤姆
Tom, man.
这是我们的球队 他们留给我们的
It’s our team. Now, they left this to us.
现在要靠我们了 我们要一肩扛了
It’s up to us! It’s on our shoulders, man.
我需要你和我一起奋斗 汤姆
I need you with me, Tom.
我该跟他们去的 奈特
I should’ve been with them, Nate.
汤姆 我能了解…
Look, Tom, I understand, and I feel…
不 奈特 你不了解
No, you don’t! You don’t, Nate! You don’t.
你在说什么
What you talking about?
我睡过头了
I overslept.
所以我才没上飞机 奈特 我睡过头了
That’s why I wasn’t on the plane, Nate. I overslept.
我不是受伤或生病 我应该去比赛的
I wasn’t hurt or sick. And I should’ve been there.
我应该和他们在一起的
I should have been with them!
对不起 我现在就是不能打球 好吗 我没动力
I’m sorry. I just can’t play football right now. Okay? It’s not in me.
我做不到 你了解对吧 看着我
I can’t do it, you understand that, right? Look at me.
对不起
I’m sorry.
汤姆
Tom.
(西线无战事)
我想你会想吃些甜点
Thought you might like some dessert.
谢谢你 安妮
Thank you, Annie.
我拿些餐具给你
I’m gonna get you some silverware.
(教练)
(杰克·兰格)

Yup.
比赛日
Game day.

Yup.
所以 我给你一年的时间
So I’ll give you one year.
如果只有那么多时间 我们最好快开始 对吧
Well, if that’s all the time we’ve got, we’d better get started.
米奇·杰克森教练
Coach Mickey Jackson.
麦纳利教练

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!