不…我们决定要再组球队
No. No, we decided to bring the program back.
对 这决定并不容易
Yes, it wasn’t an easy decision.
不 我完全可以理解 我…
No, that’s totally understandable. I…
非常谢谢你…
Well, thank you very much for…
花时间和我谈这件事
…well, taking the time to at least talk with me about it.
我听说你在马歇尔大学的表现很不错…
As I’ve been told, you had a great career at Marshall and…
谢谢你
Yes, thank you.
不 我了解
No, I understand.
不 我…
No, I…
拜托 这…
Please, it’s…
亲爱的
Hey, honey?
你以前去过亨丁顿吗
You ever been to Huntington before?
要闭着咀嚼 彼得 谢谢
Mouth closed, Peter. Thank you.
西维吉尼亚
West Virginia?
没去过
No.
为什么问
Why?
只是好奇
Just curious.
-嘿 彼得 -什么
-Hey, Peter. -Yeah?
今天早上比我预期的还安静
Been quieter than I would’ve guessed this morning.
贺洛德快报的厄尼·萨瓦多打电♥话♥来
Ernie Salvatore called from the Herald.
说你有空的话 想和你谈一下
Says he wants to talk if you have a moment.
还有另一通电♥话♥
Oh, and there was another call.
伍斯特学院的杰克·兰格打电♥话♥来
A Jack Lengyel called from the College of Wooster.
说他或许对教练的空缺有兴趣
Says he may be interested in the open coaching job.
伍斯特
Wooster.
伍斯特到底在哪里
Where in the world is Wooster?
这重要吗
Does it really matter?
好 让戴蒙博士 看看我们的厉害
Okay, now, let’s show Dr. Dedmon how it’s done here.
努力跑 膝盖举高 吹哨才停
Run hard, knees high. Play till the whistle blows.
17号♥剃刀 数到三
17-Razor, on three.
17号♥剃刀 数到三 开始 快跑…
On three, 17-Razor. Hut, hut, hut. Go, go, go!
他跑过去了 完成第一次进攻
There he goes. There he goes. Oh, first down!
-你看到了吗 -他还好吗
-You see that? Oh, yeah. -Is he all right?
32号♥你还好吗 好 去找你兄弟算帐
Hey, 32, are you all right? All right, go kill your brother.
你看到了 重点是如果有后卫帮他挡人
Now, you see that? Point is, that tree wouldn’t have been there…
他就不会往树那边跑
…if you had a fullback blocking for him.
这就是我这么喜欢”强力I阵式”的原因
And that is why I’m a fan of the Power I Formation.
对不起 我恐怕完全不知道
Well, I’m sorry, I’m afraid I haven’t
“强力I阵式”是什么
the faintest idea what a Power I Formation is.
你不知道吗 谢谢 亲爱的
Oh, you don’t? Oh, thank you, dear.
-不客气 -“强力I阵式”…
-You’re welcome. -Power I Formation…
只是种基本的攻击策略
…is just your basic offensive scheme.
把后卫放在尾后卫前…
Put the fullback in front of the tailback.
坦白说 杰克 我不想了解
Now, frankly, Jack, I don’t care to know.
事实上 我觉得我不懂比较好
Actually, I’m confident that I’m better off not knowing what one is, I think.
戴蒙博士 关于这点 我们必须同意我们意见不一
Well, Dr. Dedmon, on that, we will have to agree to disagree.
谢谢你
Thank you.
杰克 有一件事我必须知道
Jack, there is one thing I need to know…
如果我太直接请原谅我
…and please excuse me if I seem blunt.
你是我第一位非校友的面试者
You are the first person I’ve interviewed who is not an alumnus.
既然你打电♥话♥给我们…
And, well, since you called us…
我必须问 你的动机是什么 杰克
…I have to ask what your angle is, Jack.
你在这里过得很好 你和马歇尔没有关系
You’ve got a great setup here. You have no ties to Marshall.
你为什么想要这份工作
Why do you want this job?
怎么会有正常人愿意…
Who in their right mind would volunteer for something…?
儿子 别把那放进嘴巴里 不 放下来 对
Son, don’t put that in your mouth. No, put it down. That’s right.
-这不是太过份的问题 我想 -他要做什么
-It’s not an outrageous question, I think. -What’s he gonna do?
他要把它放进裤子里 我敢说就是这样
He’s gonna put it in his pants? I bet he puts it in his pants.
儿子 别把它放进裤… 珊蒂
Son, don’t put that in your pant… Sandy!
好 彼得
I got it. Peter.
对不起
I’m sorry, excuse me.
我只是在想 你是不是考虑清楚了
Well, I was just wondering if you had given this any thought at all…
才叫我开两百里来见你
…before you asked me to drive 200 miles out here to see you.
我有想了一下
A little bit, yeah.
想了一下
Little bit.
好吧
Well, all right, then.
我回家的路途遥远
I have a long ride home…
而我该走了
…and I should be getting on with it.
谢谢你太太准备了一顿美好的午餐
You thank your wife for the lovely dinner.
-你确定吗 -对 谢谢
-Are you sure? Okay. -Yes, thank…
谢谢
Thank you.
等一下 唐
Say, Don?
你想知道 我为何打电♥话♥过去 是吗
You wanna know why I picked up the phone? Is that it?
坦白说 是的
Frankly, I do.
-这不会很复杂 -我已经历了复杂的四个月
-It’s not gonna be complicated. -Jack, I’ve had four months of complicated.
我只需要坦白
I just need honest.
当我听到那件意外 和你的处境
When I heard about what had happened, your situation…
我唯一能想到的就是他们四个
…the only thing I could think about was the four of them.
我想着他们对我的意义
I thought about how much they mean to me…
还有如果我失去他们…
…and about how bad it would hurt if…
我会多么难过
Well, if I was to lose them.
然后我想到了一支球队…
Then I thought about a team…
和一所学校…
…and a school…
和一座城镇
…and a town…
他们的伤痛一定非常深刻
…that’s gotta be hurting real bad.
然后我心想…
And I thought, hell…
也许我能帮上忙
…maybe I can help.
所以我才打电♥话♥给你
So I called you.
没错
Yeah.
我想这是唯一真实的原因
I guess that’s the only real “why” I got. Right there.
触地得分
Touchdown.
各位先生女士
Ladies and gentlemen…
请欢迎我们迅雷队的新任总教练
…please welcome the new head coach of our Thundering Herd…
杰克·兰格
…Jack Lengyel.
大家好
Hi there.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
我很荣幸能成为马歇尔大学美式足球队新任总教练
I am honored to be the new head football coach here at Marshall University.
我代表我个人 内人
Also would like to say a big thank you
以及我们的三个孩子感谢你们
from myself, my wife and our three kids.
我们昨晚才从伍斯特 开车来到这里的新家
We drove in from Wooster last night. Arrived at our new home here.
这里的电力没问题 水压也够高
Electricity worked, the water pressure was high.
冰箱里有六罐啤酒 桌上还放了雪藏蛋糕
There was a six-pack of beer in the fridge and a pound cake on the counter.
每人都有一份 我们真的很感谢你们的好客
Four for four. We appreciate the hospitality, we really do.
有任何问题吗
Any questions?
-教练 -是的 先生
-Coach? -Yes, sir.
我是贺洛德快报的厄尼·萨瓦多
Ernie Salvatore, Herald-Dispatch.
实际来看 教练 你对新球季有什么期望
Now, realistically, coach, what are your expectations for the season?
我可以这么告诉你…
Well, I can tell you this…
如果你想期待奇迹…
…if it’s a miracle you’re looking for…
你只会一直期待 因为你最后只会失望
…well, you should keep looking, because you’re gonna end up disappointed…
而我会失去工作
…and I’m gonna end up out of a job.
我有一个后续的问题 教练…
Follow-up, coach. Follow-up. One quick follow-up, coach.
关于这社区的遗族认为…
What would you say to the family members in the community…
把球队带回场上是不敬的做法 你有什么看法
…who feel that putting the team back on that field might be disrespectful?
我是美式足球教练
I am a football coach.
这是我的工作 也是我来这里的原因
That is what I do and that’s why I’m here.
我想就这样了
I guess that’s it.
我不懂 那是哪门子的答案
I have no idea. What kind of answer was that?
多少陈腔滥调…
How many cliches?
还有任何问题吗
Are there any other questions?
这家伙不会成功的
This guy won’t make it.
这就是我的大学球队
So this is my varsity team, huh?
我们本来有四个人 可是…
There was four of us…
有一人不在这里 所以我想就剩三个人
…but one of us ain’t here, so I guess it’s just three.

Okay.
各位 我是教练杰克·兰格
I’m Coach Jack Lengyel, guys.
我通常记不住名字 好处是…
Normally, I’m bad with names, so the good news is…
我可以对你们直来直往
…I may actually be able to keep you fellas straight.
奈特 对吧
Nate, is it?
现在我要记住这名字 奈特
Okay, now, hold on while I commit this to memory. Nate.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!