二十 哦 至少花了一英镑
Twenty… oh… it must cost a pound at least.
这足够我们吃一星期的饭了
Oh, enough to buy a lot of food for whole week.
有人回家度假 我托他买♥♥了送给你
While my man got leaves, you’ll be seeing these through him.
借此表示我深切的
And with them I send you warm…
我们 我们可以把它卖♥♥给花店
We could sell them to the florist to the corner buy ourselves real meal.
可是我 我知道你不会赞成的
But I… don’t think you favor the idea?
不赞成
No!
哦 基蒂
Oh! Kitty!
他母亲要来了
His mother’s coming here.
来伦敦
To London?
是的 你听
Yes, yes, Listen…
我母亲向红十字会请了 两天假
My mother’s launching a few days from a Red Cross,
准备进城特意去看你
where is coming to town and expect to see you.
你们会合得来的
I know you are to get well with her.
她人不错
She’s very nice.
她跟我一个脾气
In fact, she’s quite like me.
哦 基蒂 怎么办呢 不能让她上这儿来
Kitty, do I… I can’t have her here!
为什么呢
Why not?
我们开个小宴会 打开最后一个罐头
Let’s give her a little party and rob a lot of tin.
还是在别处见她吧
Let’s get meeting at somewhere…
喝点茶吧
For tea perhaps.
哦 基蒂 你想 是他妈妈呀
Oh! Kitty, but imagine his mother!
跟他妈妈见面我紧张极了
I’m often not meeting with her either.
爱情弄得你晕头转向了
Why are you funny of dragging them?
她会喜欢我吗
I wonder if she doesn’t like me.
哦 应该喜欢
Well, she’d better.
欢 要不我们就不请她了
Or won’t we fire him at all!
玛拉 你在发抖
Myra, can’t be!
哦 基蒂
Oh, Kitty!
见到她就好像见到罗伊一样
Don’t you see the meeting her will be like seeing Roy again!
你一向待我这么亲
Don’t be such a darling to him!
也许现在我能报答你了
Now perhaps I can start to repay you.
知道吗
No.
我有种感觉 从现在起一切都会好起来了
I’ll see it from now on everything gonna take turns to turn better.
我敢肯定
I am sure I do.
一个人
One?
不 两个人
No, that’ll be enough one minute.
有靠窗的桌子吗
Is there any table near by the window?
有的
I think so.
哦 不 谢谢你 我要等一个朋友
No, thank you, I’ll wait her… for my friend.
她是克劳宁夫人 我是莱斯特小姐
She is lady Margate Cunning, I am Miss Lester.
她要来了请你带她到这儿来找我
If she come, would you direct her to be here?
好的
Certainly.
请问几点了
What time is it… please?
差十分五点 小姐
It’s ten minutes to five, Miss.
谢谢
Thank you.
您的朋友好像耽搁了
Your friend seems been held up.
是的
Yes.
您是不是先来杯茶喝着等她
Surely you would like a cup of tea while you’re waiting, Miss.
哦 不 谢谢 她一会儿就要来的
Oh, no, thank you, I am sure she’ll behere any minute.
你要看晚报吗
Perhaps you can take look at these evening papers.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you.
阵亡军官
克劳宁
好点吗 小姐
Feeling better, Miss?
来 再喝一口
Here, taking another sip.
您晕过去了
You fan, don’t you?
您把我们吓坏了
Well, you did give us a fright?
是不是到休息室去躺一会儿
Wouldn’t you like to go the rest room lie downa little bit?
不 我 我看我还是呆在这儿吧
But I… I’d rather stay here if you don’t mind.
那么您就再喝一口
Let’s take another drop of this thing.
好点了
Better?
是吗
Sure?
就会好的
I’ll be all right.
坐这儿歇歇吧
Sit quiet and rest.
你朋友要是不来 我们给你叫辆汽车
If your friend doesn’tcome, I will call a taxi.
莱斯特小姐
Are you Miss Lester?
是的
Yes.
我是玛格丽特克劳宁 罗伊的母亲
I am Margaret Cunning, Roy’s mother.
我让你久等了
I’m afraid I get you waiting.
真是对不起了
Oh, I’m terribly sorry.
火车误了半个钟头
My train was half an hour late.
这年头你也知道
You know how this tidies day’s?
不过我是特意从苏格兰赶到这儿 来跟你见面的
But I come straight From Scholand to keep this appointment.
我希望你会原谅我
So I do hope you forgive me.
吃点什么呢
What should we have?
茶
Tea?
点心
Little cakes?
不 不 谢谢 不用了
No… no, thank you.
我一会儿就走
I don’t think I can stay any long.
那就来一杯茶 再来几片面包
Tea for one then, and some thin toasts.
我想你不会马上就走吧
I do hope you’re not going to run off once.
我一直非常想见见你
I wanted so much to meet you.
可我实在是忙 你知道
But I’ve been so terribly busy you know,
我正在把一个古老的乡镇 改变成伤兵的疗养所
I’ve been turning all country place into a rested home for wounded men
哦 对了 我从苏格兰给你打过电♥话♥
By the way, I telephone you from Scotland to the hotel where
打到罗伊说的那个旅馆
Roy told me you are staying.
可他们说你已经走了
But they said you got away.
后来我想跟你们剧团打听你
And then I try to get in touch with you through the Ballet.
可听说剧团去美国了
But they said you’ve got to America.
我正要给罗伊打电报 就收到了你的便条
After about a while ago when your news came.I have my mails disforwarded.
我把信写给他是有原因的
There are reasons.
哦 亲爱的 这个你不用解释了
Oh, my dear, I didn’t mean to pride.
请原谅 亲爱的
Forgive me, mydear…
你不是怕我吧
But you’re not afraid of me, are you?
我知道跟自己未来的婆婆见面 是有点战战兢兢的
I know it is a little bit of odd, dear, meeting one’s future children in law.
我记得我也怕过
I don’t remember how I drag it…
可是我并不可怕
But I am not that terrified, am I? .
我相信我们会相处得很好
I know we’re going to be good friends?
从罗伊的信里我感到我已经了解你了
I feel that I know you already through Roy’s letter.
我要写信告诉他 我们已经见过面了
And I want to write him and tell him
而且我们彼此都有好感
you and I have met and we like each other very much.
我可以这样写吗
May I write him that?
是的 是的 当然
Yes, yes, of course!
我想你一定想了解
I suppose there’re a lot of things you want to know
有关罗伊的一些事
about Roy that I could tell you…
我也肯定你会告诉我很多有关他的事
And I am sure that things about him you could tell me.
怎么还不给您送茶
Why aren’t they bring your tea?
真是太慢了
They are very slow.
要我去催催吗
Should I call a waitress?
不麻烦了 我并不着急
Don’t bother, I’m no hurry.
你是不是不愿意我向你提到罗伊
Would you rather that I didn’t speak to you about Roy?
不 不
No, no…
你这是想到哪儿去了
Why should you think that?
我只是没什么话可说
What is that to say?
请原谅 亲爱的 你没有不舒服吧
Forgive me, my dear, but are you quite well?
哦 是的
Yes, yes, of course.
我刚喝了点
I… I had a drink…
喝了点
That’s all.
我 我觉得有点
That made me feel… funny.
有点晕
Weird!
苏格兰怎么样
What did I cangot Scotland?
我从来没去过那儿
I had never been there.
居然还有这么一个安宁的地方
Oh, it sounds of quange, you know that? Had that in peace?
爱尔兰也很安宁
Pecans of island?
我也没去过那儿
I’ve been there neither.
你为什么这么看着我
Why are you stared at me like that?
我尽力用罗伊的眼光看待你
I am trying to see you as Roy sees you.
玛拉 我要你别忘了我是努力想做你的朋友的
Myra, I want you to remember that I try to be your friend.
我来这儿是因为罗伊要我来 而且我也愿意来
I have come because Roy wanted me to come, and because I wish to.
或者我们改日再见吧
Perhaps we’ll try again someday.