哦 新娘是谁呢
And who is the bride to be, may I ask?
她叫玛拉莱斯特
Her name is Myra Lester.
我有她履历表
I have her virus certificate.
哦 你坐下
Sit down!
认识她很久了
Do you know her long.
可以说是久经考验
Long enough to be absolutely sure, sir.
她晋见过陛下吗
It’s you being presented to the court.
我想她没有
Very much, sir.
可我想她是有资格去晋见的
But she is elect devoted for presentation with you.
克劳宁 你明天就要上前线了
Roy, you’re leaving for the prompt tomorrow.
你这么匆匆忙忙的跟上前线有关系罗
You’re sure that hasn’t to do anything with your haste?
当然
Certainly, sir.
走之前跟她结婚
You see, I want to marry her before I leave.
那么她就可以跟我的母亲住在一起了
So that she can move to live with my mother until I get back.
我懂了
Mm… I see.
克劳宁 我看
We’re approving this.
这件事事关重大
This is what your proto-responsibility.
我知道
I know, sir.
而且这个责任我本人也可能承担不了
And the responsibility that I cannot assure by myself.
我 我看你承担一下吧
I… wish you try, sir.
我补充一句 我不得不要求你去徵求
Sorry, but I’m afraid that I’ll have to ask you to get the concern
名誉团长公爵的同意
with the grace colonelin chief.
明白了
I see.
他是你亲戚 他比我更能把这件事情处理好
As he is your relative, he can inquire more truthfully indeed, but I can’t.
如果他同意了 也就是我同意了
However, to get his concern, you have mine.
谢谢你
Thank you, sir.
而且我希望你今后要办什么事 最好别选在吃饭的时间
And I hope your future engage will not take place during meal time.
我很抱歉
Sorry sir.
祝你幸运
Thank you, sir.
班德广场 瑞勒斯大厦
Reverent Steward Crowford, Sparrow Square!
是 先生
Yes.
克劳宁上尉来了
Captain Roy Cronnie…
啊 孩子 看见你很高兴
Oh, my boy, I’m glad to see you.
谢谢 叔叔
Thank you, sir.
的确很高兴 你好啊
Very glad to see you.
很好
Very well, sir.
什么时候走啊
When do you go back?
后天
Day after tomorrow.
希望你能活蹦乱跳的回来
You’re beginning back for that to push camera, I expect.
我也这么希望
I hope so, sir.
坐下
Sit down.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
假期过得好吗
Had a nice leave?
好极了
Wonderful!
好 好 应该如此
Good, good.
孩子 有什么事要我帮忙吗
During the service… well, my boy, anything I can do for you.
是的
Yes, sir.
什么事啊
What is it?
我 我想请你准许我结婚
I… I’d like you to concern my marriage.
你结婚
Marriage… ho… ho… ho…
这姑娘是谁
Who is the girl.
玛拉莱斯特小姐
Miss Myra Lester.
莱斯特 莱斯特
Lester… Lester…
萨里的
Salle?
不
No,
伯明翰
Birmingham.
伯明翰 莱斯特
Birmingham… Lester…
我认识她吗
Do I know them?
不 到时候你会认识的
No, but I can rambling that, sir.
你母亲认识她
Does your mother know her.
不 她会的
No, she will.
不过玛拉她父母死了 她一个人了
At least, Myra. Her parents are died, she lives alone.
哎呀呀 她是干什么的
Well, what does she do?
是舞蹈演员
She’s a dancer.
舞蹈演员
A dancer?
是的
Yes!
她
She’s…
她长得非常美
She’s terribly nice, sir.
舞蹈演员
A dancer…
你知道 罗伊
You know, Roy…
你知道 罗伊
You know, Roy…
我喜欢舞蹈演员
I like dancers.
哦 谢谢你
Oh, thank you, sir.
我是说这 这也难怪你
I mean… I… I don’t blame you.
舞蹈演员
Dancers! Mm…
当然了 想当年
In my time, you understand?
是啊 想当年
Of course. AH…
我在你这个年龄也爱过一个舞蹈演员
When I was your age, I was in love with a dancer.
想跟她结婚
Wanted to marry her.
可她不愿意
She wouldn’t!
啊 要是她愿意 就是你婶婶了
If she had accepted me, she would have been your ante.
那真会叫人高兴
Never have been delightful.
是啊 孩子 不瞒你说
Look here, my boy!
我对你的成绩很满意
No one telling I am very proud of your war record.
谢谢 叔叔
Thank you, sir.
那你知道自己做的事吧
Oh, you know what you’re doing, I suppose.
是的
Yes.
你也会为她自豪的
You’ll be proud of her, too, sir.
我肯定
I am sure.
我没必要相信什么所谓的门当户对
I don’t necessary to believe what they called “Correct Marriage”.
有不少这样的婚姻很不幸
See, many of them turn out to be badly.
好 我祝你好运 孩子
Wow, good luck, my boy.
祝福你
I bless you.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
我会永远铭记在心
I’ll never forget this.
她也会的
Neither will she.
这没什么
That’s all right.
下次休假的时候带她来见见我
Bring her around this evening on your next leave.
会的
I shall.
好孩子
Byeing for then.
再次谢谢
Thank you again, sir.
舞蹈演员
A dancer?
我荣幸地宣布公爵已经同意
On the sustain,I have the honor to announce its greatest concern to
朗特谢步兵团上尉罗伊克劳宁
the marriage of captain Roy Cronnie at the Rental ShipUIserlias to
和伯明翰的莱斯特小姐的婚姻
Miss Myra Lester at Birmingham Worryorchard, England.
家庭不反对
No family opposition.
一点不
Not as expected.
没料到
Disappointed?
是啊 我有点怕
Too easy, I’m frighten.
真是悲观派的
Ha… defeated.
上哪儿 先生
Where to, sir?
到邦德街
Ah… Bond street.
是 先生
Yes, sir.
邦德街
Bond street?
到那儿去买♥♥戒指
Bond street for a ring.
普通的戒指
Very simple ring.
我不想宠坏了你
I don’t want to spoil your straight at all.
然后到花店
Then to the florist.
你该有束花
You deserve a rosy.
再到圣马修教堂
Then to the St. Matthew’s church.
去圣马修教堂
St. Matthew’s?
真的
Really?
当然去圣马修了
Of course, St. Matthew’s.
那儿对军人的婚姻可以办得快一点
They have proper tradition with rigid mental marriages,
进去的时候我们陌生 出来我们就亲密了
where walk-in many strangers and walk out couple friends…
你们从那个门进去
The door beyond is the chest, sir.
牧师在和唱诗班练习
You’ll find the big choir at practice.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 亲爱的
Well, darling.
哦 罗伊
Oh, Roy!