是真的
Yes!
会不会突然醒过来 原来是场梦
Shall we wake up suddenly, find it untrue?
罗伊 别说泄气话
Roy, don’t be defeated.
啊 在里面跳舞简直就像活受罪
Other like running the gong there, dancing there…
哦 你刚才很出风头
I hope you’re in great success, darling.
都被你迷住了
Everyone’s enchanted with you.
他们还没见过呢
But they haven’t met me yet.
热吗
You’re warm?
对 很热
Yes, very.
要喝点冷饮吗
You like a cooling drink?
好 来一杯
Why, Ilove one!
我去拿咱们家酿的甜酒
I’ll get you some of Barns’ made famous punch.
清凉柔和 酒劲不小
Cool, innocentand deceptive.
你坐这儿 眼珠也别动 我就来
You sit right here, don’t move until I back.
我会跟第一个来的卖♥♥艺的跑了
I should run off at your first turning minute.
亲爱的
Darling?
去吧
Gone.
我必须要看看那位年青姑娘
Of course, dear, I came to see that young woman.
她在哪儿啊
Where is she?
把她藏到哪儿啦
Where are you hiding her?
这是玛拉
This is Myra.
玛拉 这是我叔叔 你听到了 大嗓门就是他
Myra, this is my uncle, sorts of those fellows you just said.
您好
How do you do!
哦 这就是玛拉 是吗
So this is Myra, is it?
您来了我真高兴
I am very glad you came.
你干嘛把我们隔开来
Why do you kept us apart?
我的麻烦来了
Mm… now my troubles begin.
罗伊 你刚才说要给玛拉弄点甜酒
Roy, you told me you’re going to get Myra some punch.
怎么还不去啊
What about it?
我早知道好景不长 亲爱的
I knew it was too good to last.
亲爱的
Mm… darling.
我们坐吧
Come on, let’s sit down.
知道吗 你曾经让我担惊受怕了十分钟
Do you know you gave me the terrible most anxious moment in my life?
我
Did I?
什么时候
When?
我坐在车里等着罗伊
When I was waiting in a cab while Roy was in flat
请求你允许他娶我的时候
asking your permission to marry me.
那你是在外头了
You are outside in the cab?
为什么不带你进来
Why didn’t he bring you in?
我想他是不敢吧
I don’t suppose he dare.
不错 他是个精明的人
Quite right, very true of you.
他要带进来 我绝不会同意
If he had, I’ve never given him my concerned.
那我要向你求婚了
I should dissolve for you myself.
我也会说好的
Mm… ha… ha… ha, andl’d say”Yes”.
亲爱的 你愿意帮个忙吗
My dear, would you do me a favor?
哦 我愿意
I love to.
是不是能赏光跟我跳个舞
Would you do the other dance with me?
哦 当然
Of course.
可我怕罗伊以为我们私奔了
But I’m afraid Roy would’ve been looped.
哦 也许我们会的
Well, maybe we will.
好的
All right!
走吧
Ha…, come along.
现在我们上场吧
I haven’t move for ages.
来 我们狂欢一下
Come on, my dear, just make entrance.
你跳得真好哇
You dance beautifully, my dear.
哪能不好呢
Quite well, indeed!
你也是
So do you.
哦
I… oh… no.
天哪 天哪 天哪
Gently, gently, gently…
这次跳舞达到我事业的顶峰了
Oh, well… that dance is a kind my thos-vigor
我可以退休写我的回忆录了
I can retired now permanently, write my memories.
您真是太好了
You’re offering kind.
我将永远感激你
I shall be always grateful to you.
感激 感激 你在说些什么呀
Grateful, grateful, what’re you talking about?
您以为我不知道您今天晚上为什么来
Do you think I don’t know why you came here tonight?
并且非得当着这么多人跟我跳舞
Made appoint of dancing in front all of the people?
非得 非得 什么非得
Point, point, what point?
您想当众表示您赞成
You wanted to show them you that approve of me.
您知道这样他们也会赞成了
Cause you knew if you approved, they would.
再说 我也喜欢跳
Incidentally, I Charlie will like it.
您真太好了
Oh, Duke… I…
我想让他们喜欢我
I do so like them to like me, I…
我 我要他们喜欢我是为了罗伊
I want to be success because of Roy…
啊 你知道他们是什么人吗
Oh, you know what these people are.
他们都是好心人 善良的人
They’re good people, major, kind people.
不过他们都是老派 转不出他们的老眼光
But they’re old-fashioned, rather limited of social ideas.
凡事阿弗历大帝认为好的 就都认为好
What good enough for our fridge to grade good enough meat sort of things.
看见这臂章了
You see that emblem?
嗯
Mm…
断茅
Brokenlodge.
我们团的臂章
Our arrangement battleridge.
也是罗伊的
Roy wears one too.
他们以为保持这种传统唯一的办法
Lately, the only way we keep up to the tradition
就是过枯燥的生活 并跟他们的人结婚
is to lead the dull life from many one of themselves.
他们以为舞蹈演员有点太离格了
Do you think of dancers, someone who little of races…,
我说得客气了
Should I say, put it in mind… Mm… ha…
可惜你不能符合他们的标准
Too bad you can’t live up to that idea, Myra, isn’t it?
这真有意思啊
You may go to fun, wouldn’t it?
有意思
Yes, I would.
罗伊对你这个人的直觉
But Roy’s instinct tells him what you are.
也是我对你的直觉
My instinct tells me too.
你忠实 善良
You’re sound, and good.
你是绝不会辜负这个臂章的
That bad is never going to suffered your head.
对这一点我要不能肯定
If I will have shown that, I wouldn’t welcome you as I do now.
玛拉
Myra?
哦 叔叔
Well, thanks a lot.
我认为我已经很大度了 让你和玛拉呆这么久
I think I’ve been more than generously for you’ve been so long with Myra
再久就不行了
The longer will be fool, honey.
是 罗伊
Here’s her, Roy.
你还是带她走吧 免得她发现我才是更合适的人呢
You’d better take her away before she discovers the facts in the mask.
你听 玛拉
Listen Myra…
我让他们演奏的 你听
I had them played, let’s dance.
我让他们演奏的 你听
Excuseus, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢什么 谢什么
For what? For what?
你们好好高兴去吧
Go and enjoy yourself.
你听 亲爱的 不管我们到哪儿
Remember, darling? Thecandlelight club…
这曲子都跟着我们
It’s forever go, isn’t it?
今天晚上跟到这儿了
And yes, “tonight”!
进来
Coming.
我不打扰你吗
Do I disturb you?
哦 不
Oh, no.
请 玛格丽特夫人
Please come in, lady Margaret.
我轻轻的敲门 万一你睡了就不叫你了
I’m not very gently… so in case you’re asleep, I shouldn’t wake.
您请坐下
Won’t you sit down!
我想你还没睡
I thought you be awake.
我对自己说她快活得睡不着了
I say she’s far too happier excited to be asleep.
睡不着有两种情况
Two things keep one up.
不是太快活就是太悲伤
Very happiness and very miserly.
你说是吧
Don’t you think so?
是的
Yes.
不说出来憋得慌 我也睡不着
I couldn’t go to sleep either without getting something off my chest,
就像美国人说的那样
So to speak you American said.
你真的不累吗
Are you sure you are not too tired?
不 当然不
No, no, of course not.
上次我们在伦敦会面那件事
It’s about our last meeting in London.
我心里一直很苦恼
That is preyedin my mind ever since.
你为那件事怨恨我吧 玛拉
Do you bear graduates me for that, Myra?
不 玛格丽特夫人
Oh, no, lady Margaret.
连成见也没有
I came with prejudice.