But they think they could put on their Sunday best,
表面上摆出敬虔的微笑 就能打动上帝
and throw a super spiritual smile on their face and impress God.
上帝眷顾的是那些全心全意追随他的人
God is looking for people who will seek him with a whole heart.
所以归根结底就是 我们要么追随他 要么不追随
So it all comes down to this. We either seek Him or we don’t.
上帝一定知道这两者间的区别 我们也应该知道
And God surely knows the difference between the two, and so should we.
丹妮尔 我今天上午要见一个客户
Danielle, I have to meet a client in the morning,
所以我提早送你去社区中心 好吗
so I’m going to drop you off early at the community center, okay?
好的 我们能顺路载珍妮弗吗
Okay. Can we pick up Jennifer on the way?
当然 如果她妈妈同意的话
Sure, if it’s okay with her mother.
珍妮弗是谁
Who’s Jennifer?
她和我在同一个跳绳队里
She’s on my Double Dutch team.
我还以为你打篮球呢
I thought you were playing basketball.
我又想跳绳了
I wanted to jump rope again.
托尼 你明天去看看她训练吧 她跳得可好了
Tony, you should go see her practice tomorrow. She’s really very good.
我这周出差
I’m out of town this week.
你是打算什么时候跟我说
When were you gonna tell me?
刚不说了吗
I just did.
托尼 我知道你是公♥司♥的顶尖销♥售♥
Tony, I know you’re the company’s top salesman,
但是为了家庭和谐 该有的交流还是应该有的
but in order for this family to function, we have to communicate.
我还以为你这周在家
I thought you’d be here this week.
你要是想继续住这个房♥子 我就得去做销♥售♥
Well, if you want to continue to live in this house, I have to make sales.
也就是说我的工作安排会很不稳定
And that means being flexible.
你都这么大了 还能跳绳吗
Aren’t you a little too old to be jumping rope?
给你
Here you go.
5 10 15 20
Now there’s 5, 10, 15, 20.
再给你5块 因为你的发型我很喜欢
And here’s 5 extra ’cause I like your haircut.
谢谢你 威廉姆斯太太
Thank you, Ms. Williams.
那些小年轻们都留着一头乱毛 我都看烦了
I’m tired of seeing all these young boys with sloppy hair
裤子都要掉到膝盖了
and pants around their knees.
你就把裤子好好地穿在腰上 谢谢你 太太
A man wears his pants around his waist. Yes, ma’am.
代我向你妈妈问好 下周见
Well, tell your mama I said hello. And I’ll see you next week.
好的 太太 谢谢你 不用谢
Yes, ma’am. Thank you. You’re welcome.
威廉姆斯太太
Ms. Williams?
是我
That’s me.
你一定是伊丽莎白吧
You must be Elizabeth.
很高兴见到你
Well, it’s so good to meet you.
叫我克莱拉就好
You can call me Clara.
进来吧 我带你看看♥房♥♥子
Well, come on in. Let me show you the house.
我去煮点咖啡 你要来点什么吗
I got to put my coffee pot on. Can I get you something?
不用 谢谢 在家吃过了
Oh, no, thank you. I had mine at home.
房♥子真漂亮
This is a beautiful house.
我也这么觉得
I think so, too.
1905年建的呢
Built in 1905.
我都在这住了快50年了
And I’ve lived here almost 50 years.
后面那个日光室是里奥自己建的呢
Leo added that sun porch on the back all by himself.
这位一定是里奥
Oh, this must be Leo.
就是他
That’s Leo.
他去世前 我们已经结婚14年了
We were married for 14 years before he died.
拍这张照片之前 他刚被升职到上尉
He had just been promoted to captain before that picture was taken.
他穿这身制♥服♥真帅
He was so handsome in that uniform.
他帅吧
He’s fine, ain’t he?
我们本来想生五六个孩子
Yes, we wanted five or six children,
可是上帝只给了我们克莱德 光他一个就够我养的了
but the Lord only gave us Clyde, ’cause he was all I could handle.
看到墙壁上的那个大口子没
You see that big crack over there on the wall?
就是克莱德的杰作
That was Clyde.
这是我第三喜欢的地方
Now, this is my third favorite place.
客厅
It’s my sitting room.
你都在这干些什么呢 主要就是坐着
Hmm. What do you do in here? Mainly sit.
过来吧 我带你看看餐厅
Well, come on in here. Let me show you the dining room.
这是我第二喜欢的地方
Now this is my second favorite place.
我很爱这间房♥
I love this room.
真漂亮
This is beautiful.
我喜欢这个壁炉
And I love this fireplace.
这里有许多美好的回忆
I’ve got a lot of good memories in here.
很美好
Yes, I do.
很多欢笑
Lot of laughter.
也有泪水
And a few tears, too.
这些楼梯越来越难走了
Now this is why I’m moving in with Clyde a few blocks away. Ooh!
所以我才要搬到几个街区外 去和克莱德一起住
It’s getting harder to negotiate these stairs.
三间卧房♥和二间全浴室
Okay, so three bedrooms and two full baths.
我拍几张照片你介意吗 拍吧 没关系
Do you mind if I take some pictures? Oh, go ahead, that’s fine.
你的手♥机♥是智慧型手♥机♥啊
Oh, you got one of those smart phones.
我一直想买♥♥一个呢
I’ve been meaning to get me one of those.
我的手♥机♥只能打打电♥话♥
Can’t do nothing with my phone but call folks.
就是个傻瓜手♥机♥
Must be a dumb phone.
你可以吗 没问题
You got it? I do.
有人说 住在有楼梯的房♥子里 都能活得久一点
They say if you live in a house with stairs, you’ll live longer.
我应该能活到180岁
So I should make it to 180.
这个很吸引人啊 克莱拉太太
This is fascinating, Ms. Clara.
应验的祈祷
那是我的纪念墙
Oh, that’s my Wall of Remembrance.
有什么不顺利的事情 我就看看这个
And when things aren’t going so well, I look back on it,
然后就会想起 上帝仍然掌管着一切
and I’m reminded that God is still in control.
这样能给我鼓舞
It encourages me.
这对我一定有点用
I sure could use some of that.
抱歉
Oh. I’m sorry.
我还有几个关于设施的问题
Okay. So, I’ve got a few questions about utilities,
然后就可以谈谈开价了
and then we should probably talk about the asking price.
好的
All right.
我需要的资料都已经弄到啦
Okay. So, I think I got everything that I need for now.
很高兴见到你 克莱拉太太
So nice to meet you, Ms. Clara.
如果你明天有空
Listen, if you’re available tomorrow,
我想过来给你看看这一带的其他房♥子 比价一下
I’d like to come by and show you some comparisons in the area.
明天早上来喝杯咖啡怎么样
Well, why don’t you come by for coffee tomorrow morning
之后我们再谈十点如何
and we’ll talk about it then? Say 10:00?
好啊 没问题 十点见
Ah. Okay. Yeah, I can do that. I’ll see you at 10:00.
对了 还不知道你最喜欢的房♥间呢
By the way, what’s your most favorite room?
明天跟你说吧
I’ll tell you tomorrow.
那我很期待明天哦
Then I look forward to tomorrow.
嗯
Mmm-hmm.
好啊
How you doing?
乔丹先生 是我
Mr. Jordan? Yes.
去样品柜 对 请带我去
Samples closet? Yes, please.
这边 好的
Right this way. All right.
就在下面第三层 门开着吧
You can just use the third shelf down and just leave the door open,
我一会回来拿 好的 谢谢
and I’ll come back and get it later. All right. Thank you.
你一定是乔丹先生吧
You must be Mr. Jordan.
莫里斯医生 是的
Dr. Morris, yes.
我是托尼乔丹 布莱特维尔制药公♥司♥
I’m Tony Jordan, Brightwell Pharmaceuticals.
我们去年三月见过
We met last March.
我记得呢 最近怎么样啊 挺好的
I remember. How are you? I’m doing fine.
我看过你写的有关兴♥奋♥剂♥的文章
I saw your write-up on new stimulants
你对普瑞迪兹好像挺有兴趣的啊
and you showed interest in Predizim.
所以我在你的样品柜里留了一个样本
So I just left you a case in your samples closet.
真好 非常感谢
Oh, that’s fantastic. I appreciate that.
没什么 很容易就能找到
Oh, it’s no problem. You’ll easily find them.
就在第三层 蓝色盖子
It’s the third shelf, blue caps.
不过我需要你在这份收据上签个字
Now what I need you to do though, is just sign this receipt.
它能证明我给你留下了那些样本
And it just shows that I left them with you.
莫里斯医生 如果需要更多 尽管跟我说
Now, Dr. Morris, if you need any more, you just let me know
我非常乐意提供
and I’ll be glad to bring some over.
谢谢 托尼 我们会试用的
Thank you, Tony. We’ll try them out.
挺好 再会 好的
All right. Sounds good. We’ll see you again. Right.
期待你的下一篇文章哦
And I’ll be looking forward to that next article.
谢谢
Thank you.
他说错在我姐姐 你能相信吗
And he thinks it’s my sister’s fault. Can you even believe that?
如果我丈夫这么跟我说 我也会生气的
Well, if my man said that to me, I’d be angry, too.
我们已经不那么吵架了
We don’t fight that much anymore.
相互磨合着都走过31年了 不值得这么吵
After 31 years of stalemates, girl, it just is not worth it.
我不会就这么算了的
Oh, I wouldn’t put up with it.
他说”我愿意”的那一刻 他的钱就是你的了
His money became your money the minute he said, “I do.”