然后它想办法增加分数…
Then it looks for ways to improve its score…
重点是关键决定
The point is that the key decisions
每种选项都已经被华普考虑过了
of every option have already been made by the WOPR.
所以这些万亿美元的设备只是因为怜悯那些家伙
So all this trillion-dollar hardware is really at the mercy
不然 早就可以取代那些导弹官了?
of those men with the little brass keys?
完全正确 那些家伙唯一的问题是 他们是人类
That’s exactly right. Whose only problem is that they’re human beings.
但是在30天内 我们就能用电子转换器取代那些人
But in 30 days we could put in electronic relays. Get the men out of the loop.
先生们…
Gentlemen…
我不相信一堆微芯片能管用 除非把它扔了
I wouldn’t trust this overgrown pile of microchips further than I could throw it.
我不知道你是否要把我们的国♥家♥安♥全♥维系在一些…硅芯片…上
I don’t know if you wanna trust the safety of our country to some… silicon diode…
没人说要把国♥家♥安♥全♥交给一台机器
Nobody is talking about entrusting the safety of the nation
看在老天爷面上!
to a machine, for God’s sake!
我们仍然控制着系统 但这里拥有所有导弹的控制权
We’ll keep control, but here at the top where it belongs.
好了 先生们
All right, gentlemen.
我想我会向总统推荐麦崔克的办法
I think I’m going to recommend McKittrick’s idea to the president.
而这件事我会给你个答案的
And I’ll get back to you on this.
你绝不会后悔的
You won’t regret this.
好 你的炸薯条和可乐 对吗?
OK. You had fries and a Coke, right?
该死!
Damn!
嗨 大卫!- 嗨 豪伊!
Hi, David! – Hi, Howie!
过得怎样?- 很不错
How’s it going? – Pretty good.
你想继续玩吗?我得走了 – 当然!
You wanna take this over? I gotta go. – Sure!
打吧!- 谢啦!
Go ahead. – Thanks!
再见 大卫!- 再见!
Bye, David! – Bye!
好!第二个问题
All right. Question number two.
种子在被种植之前 要放在在水里发芽…为什么?
Seeds that are germinated in water before they are planted will… what?
罗伯特?- 使根生长?
Robert? – Sprout roots?
啊!大卫!
Ah! David!
很高兴你加入我们 噢 大卫!我有小礼物给你
Nice of you to join us. Oh, David. I have a little present for you.
第4个问题 在科学历史上
Question number four. In the history of science,
偶尔会出现新奇和革新的概念
novel and innovative concepts occasionally arise
是因为突然有非主流想法的启发
from sudden left-field inspiration.
麦克小姐…
Miss Mack…
你能告诉我们第4个问题你的答案吗?
Could you tell us your answer to question number four?
为什么氮根瘤依附着植物的根吗?
Why do nitrogen nodules cling to the roots of plants?
因为爱?
Love?
珍妮弗 关于氮根瘤 你了解一些我们不知道的吗?
Jennifer, what do you know about nitrogen nodules that we don’t?
一些只能你自己独享的猥亵东西?
Some bit of salacious info to which you alone are privy?
没有 – 我明白了
No. – I see.
不对 你不知道正确的答案…共生
No, you didn’t know the correct answer – symbiosis.
因为你上课不专心
Because you don’t pay attention in class.
谢谢 – 别客气
Thank you. – You’re welcome.
好像在下一个无性生殖的问题上 我们有许多混淆的地方
There seems to be a lot of confusion on this next question – asexual reproduction.
谁能告诉我
Could someone tell me, please
谁首先提出了无性生殖的概念?
who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex?
麦克小姐!- 是?
Miss Mack! – Yes?
什么事如此有趣?
What is so amusing?
什么?
What?
好 莱特曼
All right, Lightman.
或许你能告诉我们 谁首先提出了无性生殖的概念
Maybe you can tell us who first suggested the idea of reproduction without sex.
你的妻子吗?
Your wife?
出去!莱特曼!出去!
Get out, Lightman! Get out!
利格特先生要我跟凯斯勒先生检讨态度问题
Mr Ligget wants me to discuss my attitude problem with Mr Kessler.
我想凯斯勒先生对你的态度问题已经很烦了
I think Mr Kessler’s getting tired of your attitude problem.
我也是
Me, too.
莱特曼!真是…意外呀!
Lightman. What a… surprise.
你不进来吗?
Won’t you come in?
嗨!
Hi!
嗨!
Hi!
很抱歉给你找麻烦 我忍♥不住一直笑
Sorry if I got you in trouble. I couldn’t stop laughing.
那没关系 你表现的很棒
That’s OK. You were perfect.
我是吗?- 是啊
I was? – Yeah.
你要搭便车回家吗?- 是啊
You want a ride home? – Yeah.
上来
Hop on.
你今天的考试也得了 F 吗?- 是的
So you got an F on that test today, too? – Yep.
我想我们两个都得暑修了
Guess we’re both gonna be stuck in summer school.
我不会 – 为什么不?你得补上生物学
Not me. – Why not? You have to make up biology.
我想不会 – 为什么不?
I don’t think so. – Why not?
为什么不?来嘛!讲嘛!为什么不?- 左转
Why not? Come on! Tell me. Why not? – Make a left.
不如你来我家 我会秀给你看
Why don’t you come up to my house and I’ll show you?
你要秀什么给我看?
What are you gonna show me?
我会向你展示 我会让你看怎么做的
I’m gonna show you. I’ll show you how you do it.
喂 波!- 噢!嗨 波!
Hi, Bo! – Oh! Hi, Bo!
嘿 波!你怎么样啦?
Hey, Bo! How you doin’?
我的房♥间在楼上
My room’s upstairs.
你的父母不在家吗?- 不在 他们两个都在工作
Your parents aren’t home? – No. They both work.
有点乱
A little mess.
还算好 你该看看我的房♥间
It’s OK. You should see my room.
你真的很精通电脑 啊?- 是啊
You’re really into computers, huh? – Yeah.
你在干什么?- 我在连进学校的电脑
What are you doing? – I’m dialling into the school’s computer.
他们每几周就更改密♥码♥ 但是我知道他们存在那里
They change the password every couple of weeks, but I know where they write it.
那些是你的成绩吗?- 是的
Are those your grades?! – Yeah.
我认为我不应该得 F 是吗?
I don’t think that I deserved an F, do you?
你不能那样做!- 已经做了
You can’t do that! – Already done.
你的名字有缩写字母吗?- K.凯瑟琳
Do you have a middle initial? – K. Katherine.
那些是我的成绩
Those are my grades.
怎么有人会在家庭作业科目里得D?- 那与你无关
How can anybody get a D in home ec? – That’s none of your business.
你能消掉这些成绩吗?- 不行 太迟了
Can you erase this? – No. It’s too late.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我正修改你的生物学成绩 – 不行 你会害到我
I’m changing your biology grade. – No. You’ll get me in trouble.
没人会知道 你得了C!现在你不用去暑修了
Nobody can find out. You got a C! Now you won’t go to summer school.
改回来 – 为什么?他们不能…
Change it back. – Why? They can’t…
我说改回来 – 没问题!没问题!
I said change it back. – OK. OK.
我想我得走了
I guess I’d better get going.
谢谢你载我回家
Thanks for the ride.
是啊!好啊!再见!
Yeah. OK. Bye.
再见
Bye.
下去 下去 你已经吃过晚餐了 现在给我坐下
Get down. Get down. You’ve already had your dinner. Now just sit.
坐着!别动!
Sit! Stay!
记得把垃圾拿出去 – 大卫
Don’t forget to take out the garbage. – David.
把盖子盖紧 – 我知道 妈
Put that lid on real tight. – I know, Ma.
是的 他们马上就会回收
Yes, they will carry back on the second.
当然 我想我们真能作出一些有创造力的投资
Sure. I think we can really work out some creative financing.
噢 但是你得看一看!
Oh, but you’ve gotta see it!
在主卧室里有按♥摩♥浴缸…
There’s a Jacuzzi in the master bedroom…
噢 当然 我们可以解决的
Oh, sure. We can work that out.
真的 你五年后会有很多的收益
That is true. You’ll have a balloon payment at the end of five years.
但那没有什么 到时候经济情况会更好
But that’s nothing. The economy is gonna be great then.
跳舞的人得负担演奏的费用
He who dances must pay the piper.
再见 爸爸 – 我们明天9:30再见 拜拜
See you, Dad. – I’ll meet you tomorrow at 9.30. Bye.
你知道吗 我担心那个孩子
You know, I worry about that kid.
为什么?
Why?
有时我想 我们全部都会被电死
Sometimes I think we’re all gonna get electrocuted.
这玉米是生的!
This corn is raw!
我知道 那不是很奇妙吗?这么脆!
I know. Isn’t it wonderful? It’s so crisp.
当然它是脆的!它没煮!- 真是极好了!
Of course it’s crisp! It’s raw! – It’s terrific!
你可以吃到维生素A和D 太棒了
You can just taste the vitamin A and D in here. It’s great.
我们不能把玉米煮熟 另外再吃药丸吗?
Couldn’t we have pills, and cook the corn?
请问什么城市?- 桑尼维尔 加州
What city, please? – For Sunnyvale, California.
“专业影像”的号♥码
The number for Protovision.
是的 是5558632
Yes. That’s 555 8632.
谢谢!请你也告诉我那个地区的区域码
Thank you. Could you also tell me what other prefixes cover that area?
399 437 767 936
There’s 399, 437, 767, 936.
感谢
Thanks.
“专业影像”…我得到你了
Protovision… I have you now.
喂?
Yes?
索尔鱼市场
Saul’s Fish Market.
嗨!- 噢 嗨!
Hi! – Oh, hi!
什么?
What?
我一直想 有关我成绩的那件事
I’ve been thinking. That thing with my grade.