但现在我连早餐的钱都不会付
Now I’m not even going to pay for breakfast.
噢 现在你在干嘛呀?嗯?
Oh. What’s going on over here? Huh?
哪位?
Hello?
我能和戴维·佩豪斯通话吗?
May I speak with David Packouz?
我就是你是哪位? 嗨戴维
Yeah, who’s this? Hi, David.
我是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的齐福思
This is C. J. Chivers withThe New York Times.
想占用你几分钟时间聊聊关于AEY的事情
I was wondering if you had a minute to talk about AEY,
还有关于非法重换中国造子弹包装的问题
and the alleged repackaging of Chinese ammunition.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
根据我所得到的线报现在国♥务♥院♥正在就此事
Well, according to my source, there’s an ongoing investigation
进行调查
at the State Department.
所以我想从你这儿得到确认…
And I was hoping to get some clarification–
戴维 事情听起来挺严重的
David, this sounds pretty serious.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
你可以给我叔叔打电♥话♥
Maybe you should call my uncle.
他是个律师
The lawyer.
天啊 好的
Oh, my God. Okay.
这是个好主意
That’s a good idea.
嘿 等我一下 我在大厅等你们
Hey, give me a minute. I’ll meet you guys in the lobby.
你刚刚接到《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的电♥话♥了?
You just get a call from The New York Times?

Yeah.
我也是
Me too.
知道吗 昨晚电视台有播《疤面煞星》
You know, Scarface was on TV last night,
我一边看一边回想起我们小时候的时光
and I was watching it and thinking about when we were little
我们一起模仿一起说剧中台词的样子
and we used to do the lines from the movie.
你是我最好的朋友 戴维
You’re my best friend, David.
天啊 我真的搞砸了 不是吗?
God, I really fucked this up, didn’t I?
我很抱歉 伙计
I’m sorry, bro.

Wow.
你有不在演戏的时候吗?
Are you ever not acting, man?
你这话什么意思?
What does that mean?
你只是假装把我想听的话讲出来了而已
You just tell me what you think I want to hear,
因为《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的人打电♥话♥过来
because The New York Times called,
你怕我会透露什么信息给他们
and you’re freaking out that I might say something.
承认吧
Just admit it.
我们从来就不是好朋友
We were never best friends.
你只是在扮演我的好朋友这个角色罢了
You were just playing the part of my best friend.
没错
Yeah.
昨晚电视上也根本没播《疤面煞星》
Scarface wasn’t even on TV last night.
你真是个混♥蛋♥
You’re such a piece of shit.
干! 去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck! Fuck you.
操 小婊♥子♥
Fuck. Little bitch.
这倒节省我们不少时间
Well, that saves us a trip.
我们干过这么多非法的勾当
Out of all the illegal shit we did,
向政♥府♥撒过这么多谎
all the lies we told the government,
但到最后是什么把我们出♥卖♥♥♥了?
in the end, the thing that did us in?
是的 我想联♥系♥国防部
Yes, I’m trying to reach the Department of Defense, please.
埃佛隆没有付钱给为我们换盒子的人
Efraim never paid the box guy.
报案应该找谁?
To who do you report a crime?
思维尔打电♥话♥给五角大楼之后
After Enver called the Pentagon,
国♥务♥院♥随即展开了全面的调查
the State Department launched a full-scale investigation,
调查时间持续数月
that went on for months.
他们在拉尔夫的干洗店 工作日时逮捕了他
They busted Ralph at one of his shops in the middle of a work day.
他当时害怕极了所以很快就同意协助警♥察♥调查
He was horrified and couldn’t make a deal fast enough.
关于他想帮助我和埃佛隆尽早和好的屁话……
All that bullshit about him wanting to mediate a truce between Efraim and I…
那都是假的
It was a setup.
对了 我们还拿你投给我们的钱
Oh, yeah, we took that money you gave us,
去买♥♥了1亿发非法中国造子弹
and we bought 100 million rounds of illegal Chinese ammunition,
然后对它进行重新包装之后再卖♥♥给美国♥军♥队
then we repackaged it and sold it to the U.S. Military.
被他们抓了个现行
They had us dead to rights.
真是悲哀啊
It was pathetic.
在检查埃佛隆的电脑的时候
While going through Efraim’s computer, they even found a to-do list that said,
“重新包装中国造子弹”
“Repackage Chinese ammo.”
今晚发生的故事让五角大楼为之一振
The story tonight that has Pentagon officials scrambling.
究竟两个20多数的年轻人是如何搞定国防部大合同的?
How did two 20-something young men land a big Pentagon contract?
联邦特工于上周将两个人逮捕
Federal agents arrested
并以售卖♥♥过期……
both men last week, charging them with fraud
残次的中国造子弹给国防部的诈骗罪
for selling outdated, defective Chinese ammunition
给其定罪
to the Pentagon.
埃佛隆因触犯超过70条罪行
Efraim was charged with over 70 federal crimes
被判入狱监禁4年
and sentenced to four years in prison.
我被判有罪被罚以7个月的软禁
I pled guilty and was sentenced to seven months house arrest.
国会将此阿富汗合同一案
Congress called the Afghanistan contract a case study
作为政♥府♥正确采购过程的反面教材
in all that is wrong with the government’s procurement process.
AEY要到2022年 才能再次投标联邦合同
In 2022, AEY will be eligible once again to bid on Federal contracts.
过得怎么样?
How’s it going?
还行
It’s okay.
如果我真想要你的命 你早就死了
If I wanted you dead, you’d already be dead.
现在没什么问题了
I guess it’s going all right then.
请进
Come in.
你孩子还好吗?
How’s your baby?
是个女儿 对吧?
It’s a girl, right?
对 她很好
Yeah. She’s good.
我有3个孩子
I got three.
都是女儿
All girls.
大家都说她们长大之后情况会好起来
They tell you it gets better.
但这并不是真的情况 只会越来越糟
That’s not true, it gets worse.
所以我才这么喜欢跟军♥火♥打交道
That’s why I like the arms business.
因为干这一行的没有女人
No women.
我想就阿尔巴尼亚的事表示抱歉
I want to apologize about Albania.
我收到的情报不太准确
I had bad information.
所以你把我塞进汽车后备箱 用枪指着我的头 只是个失误?
So you stuffed me in the trunk of a car and shoved a gun in my face by mistake?
是的
Yeah.
我不是个坏人 但在某些情况下
I’m not a bad man, but in certain situations,
我会自问
I have to ask myself,
如果是坏人 他会怎么做?
what would a bad man do?
我很感谢你在接受调查的时候没有供出我
I appreciate you leaving my name out of your testimony.
我觉得没这个必要
I didn’t really see a reason to include it.
但还是谢谢你
Yeah, but still.
我能问你个问题吗?
Can I ask you a question?
当然
Sure.
我们在维加斯的21点牌桌上遇见
When we met in Vegas at the blackjack table,
真的是巧合吗?
was that a coincidence?
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我能再问一个问题吗?
Can I ask you another question?
我在阿尔巴尼亚的司机失踪了
My driver in Albania went missing.
你知道他出什么事了吗?
Do you know what happened to him?
这是我在”阿富汗问题”上赚到的最后一笔钱
It’s a piece of my end on the Afghan deal.
都是给你的
It’s for you.
不要再问问题了
No more questions.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!