此类事情还会再次重演
And you’re not preventing it from happening again.
算了我闭嘴
I’ll shut up.
你猜怎样
Guess what?
你盯上的那位布雷顿·詹姆斯
Your boy, Bretton James.
他的助理刚来电问你今天是否能见他
His assistant just called me and asked if you can see him today.
开什么玩笑
You’re kidding me.
雅各 你还有一小时 我跟他说你在长岛
Jake, you have an hour. I told him you were on the island.
没错 可周五下午路上太堵了
Yeah, but I’m in the middle of Friday afternoon traffic.
他说下班后也可以
But he said after hours is okay,
他留了家里地址
Because he left his home address.
林荫大道东街65号♥ 等到你8点
East 65th street and Park Avenue, honey. Up to 8 p.M.
他很沮丧吗
Did he sound upset?
去他妈的吧 是他搞垮了我们公♥司♥
Screw him, he destroyed this company.
他又不是《角斗士》里的罗素·克劳
He wasn’t in there like Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
谢了 宝贝
Thanks, baby.
看来你又要忙了吧
Sounds like you’re getting your walking papers.
雅各 其实我不需要这枚戒指
Jake, look, I don’t need this ring now.
给我个玩具戒指就好
Just give me one out of a cracker jack box instead…
你说什么呢
What are you talking about?
你疯了吗 不会有事的
Are you crazy? Everything’s gonna be fine.
雅各 从小到大我爸脑子里就只有钱
Jake, I grew up with a father who only talked about money.
如果你以为我想和那种
If you think I want to be with the kind of guy
通过摆阔来体现自我的男人在一起
with his ego invested in his bank account,
那你就太不了解我了
You really don’t get me.
我就想听你说句 “我很喜欢”
“I love it,” was what I was expecting.
退回去吧 我戴着不舒服
Return it. It makes me uncomfortable.
好吧 薇妮 我退回去
Okay, Winnie. I’ll return it.
我是雅各布·莫尔 来找詹姆斯先生
Jacob Moore to see Mr. James.
他正在等你
He’s expecting you.
《福布斯》杂♥志♥
2007年946名全球亿万富翁
《农神吞噬其子》
Saturno devorando a su hijo.
戈雅晚年的十五幅阴暗作品
Goya painted 15 black paintings late in his life.
十四幅在马德里的普拉多博物馆
Fourteen of them are on view in the Prado.
而这是第十五幅
That’s the missing 15th.
早期的素描是撒旦吞噬其子
An early sketch for Satan devouring his son.
你收藏画吗
Do you collect?
不
No.
只有强迫症和缺乏信心的家伙
Only the obsessive-compulsive and the insecurely egotistical
才会收藏东西
feel the need to collect things.
你玩机车么
Do you ride?
是的 个人爱好
It’s an avocation, yes.
你知道这照片吧
You know the photograph.
1948年的罗利飞
Rollie free, 1948.
他当时的纪录是时速150英里
He set the world record at 150.
为了破纪录他还干脆裸骑
And wanted it so bad he rode naked.
怎么 你也飙车吗 莫尔先生
Why, you ride, Mr. Moore?
我这么说吧
I’ll put it to you this way.
就算你花上下半辈子
If you rode the rest of your life, right,
把自己的状态练到最佳
and really became the best that you could be,
也达不到我的水准
you would never ride like I ride.
期待我们何时能飙上一回
Well, then I look forward to us riding together.
你是蜜蜂吗 莫尔先生
You a bee, Mr. Moore?
你说什么
A what?
你是喜欢蜇人吧
Do you like to sting people?
你害得丘吉尔·施瓦茨上周损失一千两百万
You cost Churchill Schwartz $120 million last week.
这笔钱是不算什么
That’s not a great deal of money.
但现在大家都知道长蛇是我们的了
But people know Hydra Offshore is ours.
我上周在巴黎和亲爱的奥吉奎将军吃饭
I had dinner with the good commander Ojukwa in Paris last week.
他根本没打算要把油田国有化
He has no actual plans of nationalizing any oil fields.
不过我想你并不在乎
But I guess that doesn’t really matter to you.
没错
No, it doesn’t.
我查过你的交易记录
I checked you out with the desks in town.
你并没有从中获利
You didn’t make any money of it.
我当然没有
No, I didn’t.
那是为了什么
Then why?
因为你搞垮了我们公♥司♥
Because you destroyed my firm.
那是你们自己害了自己
Your firm destroyed itself.
你害死了卢易斯·泽贝
You killed Louis Zabel.
卢易斯·泽贝是自杀的
Louis Zabel killed himself.
但是你散布的谣言
But you set the rumors.
谣言是真的
The rumors were true.
是你搞得像是真的
You made them true.
不 莫尔先生
No, Mr. Moore.
在一屁♥股♥坏账上融♥资♥50%才是原因
Putting 50% leverage on toxic debt made them true.
泽贝也曾懂得赚钱之道
Look, Zabel once knew how to run money.
他因此而死 这是他自己的选择
Dying because of it was his choice.
而在我看来 钱还不是主要的
As far as I’m concerned, it’s just money.
而一旦你不清楚自己在做什么
But when you don’t know what you’re doing,
那只有死路一条 莫尔先生
It’s fatal, Mr. Moore.
不清楚自己在做什么
Not knowing what you’re doing.
来为我工作吧
Come work for me.
什么
What?
我们投资全球多家石油集团公♥司♥
We fund most of the world’s integrated oil companies.
钻油公♥司♥ 煤矿业者 天然气产业
Drillers, coal producers, natural gas line providers…
这我都知道
I know who you are.
但我们在替代能源方面
But where we’re a little light
还有点力不从心
is in alternative energy.
为什么选我
Why me?
因为你够忠诚 肯为公♥司♥报仇
Because your loyalty demanded revenge.
你能力出众 完成了你老板的未尽之事
Your boss actually attempted it, and your skill pulled it off.
说老实话
And frankly,
其实我想和你飙车 狠狠修理你一顿
Because I’d love to beat the crap out of you on a bike.
理由够充分吧
Fair enough?
你让我印象深刻 莫尔先生 这可不常见
You got my attention, Mr. Moore. That’s pretty rare.
如果我是你 我会慎重考虑
If I were you, I’d think seriously about it.
因为既然你引起了我们的注意
Because you’ll have a hard time elsewhere,
那在其他地方恐怕是混不下去了
now that you’ve captured our attention.
先失陪了 我还得参加个小型慈善会
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m having a little fundraiser.
我得去讨好那帮金主了
I got to get back to shaking my tin cup.
你的数字是多少
What’s your number?
什么
I’m sorry?
标准年薪是三十万
We’d start you at 300, like everybody else.
作为股东 可以加到六十万 加上奖金…
I mean, as a partner, I only pull in 600. And the bonuses…
不 不 不
No, no, no.
我是指你的数字
Your number.
你要赚多少钱才会离开华尔街去享受生活
The amount of money you would need to just walk away from it and live.
我知道每个人心中都有一个数
See, I find that everybody has a number,
一般来说都是个特定的数字
and it’s usually an exact number.
你的是多少
So what is yours?
多多益善
More.
你怎么知道是布雷顿·詹姆斯
How did you know it was Bretton James?
你也早安 请进吧
Good morning to you, too. Come in.
-早安 -吃点什么
– Good morning. – You hungry?
不用 谢谢
No. I’m okay, thanks.
我以前叫他布雷
Brett, as I called him in the old days,
我们过去一起做生意
used to run trades through me.
总是在彼此身上获益
We used to piggyback off each other’s ideas.
后来我们出现了一点分歧
Then we had a little discrepancy.
具体的就不跟你讲了
I won’t bother you with the details.
反正最后赔了我二十万
Just to tell you that it cost me 200,000 bucks,
这在当时可是一大笔钱
which was a lot of money back then.
八十年代正好是我最出名的时候
So when I got hot in the ’80s,
我开始给我的朋友内部消息
And I started giving tastes to my friends,
却没有理会詹姆斯 对此他不太高兴
I didn’t invite James in, and he didn’t like that very much.
然后呢
So?
也没什么大不了
So it’s no big deal.
在牢里你有很多时间可以思考
But when you’re in prison, you got a lot of time to think.
事实上 让我最记忆犹新的是痛苦
In fact, the best memory that I know is hurt.
我坐了八年牢 之前还打了五年官司
I did eight years, pal. Five years before that in court.
没人会被判八年 连杀人犯也不过五年
Nobody does eight years. They give murderers five.