一条丝绢
One silk handkerchief.
一根领带
One necktie.
一块手表
One watch.
一枚戒指
One ring.
一个黄金钱夹不过没钱
One gold money clip with no money in it.
还有部手♥机♥
And one mobile phone.
除去你在里面
Fifty cents a day,
每天五十美分的花销
minus what you spent inside,
还有张去纽约的车票
And a train ticket to the big apple.
祝你好运 盖柯 别再回来了
Good luck, Gekko, and don’t come back.
你知道泡沫之母是什么吗
You want to know what the mother of all bubbles was?
它们不知怎的就冒出来了
It came out of nowhere.
只是偶然
By chance.
你有几个 麦克
How many you got, Mac?
五个
Five.
他们称之为寒武纪大爆♥炸♥
They called it the cambrian explosion.
距今已有五亿三千万年
It happened around 530 million years ago.
打开大门
Open the gate!
在之后的几千年里
And over the next 70, 80 million years,
生物进化得如此之快
The rate of evolution accelerated so fast
于是就出现了我们
That we came along.
人类
The human race.
人们始终无法解释其中缘由
They still can’t explain how that happened,
只知道就这么发生了
except that it happened.
他在那儿
Here he is!
爸爸
Daddy!
有人认为这一切都是偶然
Some people say it was by chance,
而有人则觉得是命中注定
Others, design.
但谁又知道真♥相♥
But who really knows?
7年后 2008年
灯火渐暗 画面却愈发清晰
The dimming of the light makes the picture clearer
往昔浮现眼前
It’s just an old photograph
我们坦诚相待
There’s nothing to hide
生活重新开始
When the world was just beginning
我想起那张难忘的脸
I memorized a face so it’s not forgotten
拂过的微风仿佛低语
I hear the wind whistling
欢迎随时回来
Come back anytime
生命彼此交织
And we’ll mix our lives together
道琼斯工业指数
没有人知道
Heaven knows
人类活着的意义
What keeps mankind alive
敞开心扉
Connecting
拥抱这个熟悉的世界
To places we have known
我想有个家
I’m looking for a home
那里充满生气
Where the wheels are turning
家 让人无比眷恋
Home why I keep returning
家 温暖彼此之间
Home with our bodies touching
家 留下温馨记忆
Home and the cameras watching
家 在你心中发芽
Home will infect whatever you do
我们到家了
We’re home
享受生活远离悲伤
Comes to life from out of the blue
别睡了
Stop sleeping.
你是说醒醒么
You mean’wake up.’
这样更积极 而”别睡了”好消极
‘wake up’is positive.”stop sleeping’is a negative.
不管怎样 我不喜欢一天中的这时候
Either way, it’s not my favorite part of the day.
一天最美妙的就是这时候
It’s the best part of the day.
这样想太无可救药了
I feel bad for anybody who feels that way.
说得好像这一天都没法更好了
It means their day can’t get any better.
你老那么晚睡 不缺觉才怪
You go to bed too late. You don’t sleep enough.
你今天要做什么
What’s going on with you today?
我没跟你说还是你给忘了
Did I tell you, or did you forget?
我要去华盛顿待一个星期
I’m going to Washington for the week.
想起来了 新网站吗
Yeah. New site, right?
十天后发布
We’re launching in 10 days,
所以明天起网站关闭
So the whole site’s down starting tomorrow.
那些激动的民♥主♥党
What are all those angry liberals
没你们的新闻看怎么行 宝贝
going to do without their daily fix, baby?
你不也是民♥主♥党么 绿色环保大使
You’re just as liberal as they are, mr. Green energy.
不 我爱的绿色只有钞票 亲爱的
No, no, no. The only green is money, honey.
你简直太华尔街范儿了 真让我恶心
Oh, you’re so wall street, it makes me sick.
宝贝 过来
Baby, come here.
不 我到底看上你什么了
No. What did I ever see in you?
-过来 -不要
– Come here. – No.
下一位嘉宾 戈登·盖柯
My next guest, Gordon Gekko,
曾在八十年代叱咤华尔街的风云人物
was one of the biggest names on wall street in the ’80s
后因进行内♥幕♥交易
Before he went to prison for insider
和证券欺诈而进了监狱
trading and securities fraud.
最近刚出狱就出了本新书 相当令人震惊
He’s out with a new book, and it is a shocker, believe me.
书名是《贪婪可以吗》
It is called is Greed Good?
今天他来到了这里
The man himself is here with us.
戈登 很高兴你能来参加节目
Gordon, good to have you on the program.
谢谢 玛莉亚 重获自♥由♥感觉真好
Thank you, Maria. It’s nice to be out.
-关掉 -稍等
– Turn it off. – One sec.
不得不说 你的节目在监狱里大受欢迎
And I must tell you, your show is a big, big hit in the can.
《贪婪可以吗》 华尔街是否太过火了
你在监狱里也看吗
Oh. You watched it in prison?
你的节目吗
Your show?
不光我 大伙都看
Me and a whole lot of others.
你在监狱里写的这本书吗
You wrote the book in prison?
是的 我先是列了个提纲…
I did. I outlined my drafts…
我去洗澡
I’m taking a shower.
大家都说 生活简单轻松
Everybody says that the living is easy
我却大脑短路 寸步难行
I can barely see ’cause my head’s in the way
暴徒紧随身后
Tigers walk behind me
不断提醒着我
They are to remind me that
我已迷失 却心无畏惧
I’m lost, but I’m not afraid
灵魂紧紧相连
Soul to soul
叹息着而相吻
A kiss and a sigh
灵魂分成两半…
Sawed in half…
下周见
See you next week.
祝你在华盛顿好运
Good luck in Washington.
过往人群 回忆浮现
People on the outside I remember sweet times
时隔多年的玫瑰 依旧娇艳
This old rose is always in bloom
-喂 -雅各布
– Hello. – Jacob.
麦斯特博士
Dr. Masters.
早 先生 你都不睡觉的吗
Good morning, sir. Don’t you get any sleep?
雅各布 成功了
Jacob, it happened.
这是我们最接近目标的一次
As close as we’ve come to burn yet.
真的吗 发射了多少镭射光束
Really? How many lasers?
今早发射了七十二束
We fired 72 this morning,
下周争取达到九十六束
and we’re going to go for 96 next week.
太棒了 简直是大转折啊 博士
That’s fantastic. That’s a game changer, doc.
这么说的话
So let me guess,
进度加快了吧 你需要更多资金吗
It means we’re pushing the pace, right? You need more money?
要是能再有一个亿就好了
Well, it’d be good if we could get another 100 million.
我们就能提前六个月完成
We could pick up maybe six months on our schedule.
一个亿吗
A hundred million dollars?
只要原油的价格不跌 钱不是问题
As long as the price of oil stays high, we’ll get the money.
那就好 真是太棒了
That would be nice. That would be nice.
因为基金会的人说他们
Because the foundation says that they’re
在市场方面有些问题…
having some problems in the markets…
这你不用担心 博士
You don’t worry about that, though, okay, doc?
你只需做好本职工作 好吗
You just keep building that baby star, okay?
好的 谢谢你 雅各布
Okay. Thank you, Jacob. Thank you.
先这样 回头再聊
All right, I’ll talk to you soon.
现在我能说出那三个字眼
Now I can say those three little words
而每一天 我都心怀梦想
And everyday I’m dreaming a world
退一步海阔天空
Life is long
只因为人生漫长
If you give it way
所以 留下吧 别走
So stay, don’t go
年华逝去 光阴流走
’cause I’m fading away
你我之间 紧紧相依