生命就是一个随着时光流逝 而积累起来奇迹
Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time…
是那些彼此之间存在的 令人吃惊的瞬间的积累
by moments flabbergasted to be in each other’s presence.
世界就是一场考察你 是否能超越你直接的经历的考试
The world is an exam to see if we can rise into the direct experiences.
测试我们能不能超越你所看到的
Our eyesight is here as a test to see if we can see beyond it.
实质考察的是我们的好奇心
Matter is here as a test for our curiosity.
疑惑考察的是我们的活力
Doubt is here as an exam for our vitality.
汤玛斯 曼恩 写道 他是融入到生活当中去
Thomas Mann wrote that he would rather participate in life…
而不是写一百个故事
than write a hundred stories.
吉亚.科梅尼 有一次出了车祸
Giacometti was once run down by a car,
他回忆起他倒下后明明昏迷了
and he recalled falling into a lucid faint,
但他却感到高兴
a sudden exhilaration,
他认识到大祸最终 还是降临到他身上
as he realized at last something was happening to him.
一种假设说你不能够在 生活的同时懂得生活
An assumption develops that you cannot understand life and live life simultaneously.
我不完全赞同 就是说不完全反对
I do not agree entirely. Which is to say I do not exactly disagree.
我会说:理解生活本身就是在生活
I would say that life understood is life lived.
但这个矛盾困扰着我
But the paradoxes bug me,
我会学着去爱 同时我也正在爱
and I can learn to love and make love…
那就是困扰我的矛盾
to the paradoxes that bug me.
在一个自己的浪漫的黄昏
And on really romantic evenings of self,
我与我的疑惑共舞
I go salsa dancing with my confusion.
在你离开前 不要忘记
Before you drift off, don’t forget.
也就是说 记忆
Which is to say, remember.
因为记忆远比遗忘更能 体现一种精神的行为
Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting.
罗卡在那同一首诗中写道
Lorca in that same poem said…
鬣蜥会咬那些不做梦的人
that the iguana will bite those who do not dream.
当一个人意识到
And as one realizes…
他是另外一个人梦中的人物
that one is a dream figure…
in another person’s dream,
那就是自知之明
that is self-awareness.
你从未遇见你自己
You haven’t met yourself yet.
但同时遇见他人的优势
But the advantage to meeting others in the meantime…
是他们中的一个会将你展现给你自己
is that one of them may present you to yourself.
检查你观察的
Examine the nature…
万事的本质
of everything you observe.
比如
For instance,
你会发现你自己正
you might find yourself walking through…
走过一个梦的月台
a dream parking lot.
是的 在你梦中的鞋子中是你梦中的脚
And, yes, those are dream feet inside of your dream shoes.
是你梦中自我的一部分 因此
Part of your dream self. And so,
在梦中出现的人
the person you appear to be in the dream…
不会是真实的你
cannot be who you really are.
这是个画面
This is an image,
一个精神模型
a mental model.
你认识我吗?
Do you remember me?
不,不,我不认识
No. No, I don’t think so.
在车站?
At the station?
你在打公用电♥话♥的同时 看了我
You were on the pay phone and you looked at me…
几次
a few times.
我想起来了 但我想不起来那就是你
I remember that, but I don’t remember that being you.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
是的,或许不
Well, maybe not.
我在那里坐着
I was sitting down…
你望着我
and you were looking at me.
我的小朋友 不要再做梦了 回到现实中吧
My little friend, dream no more. It’s really here.
这被叫做清嘴含片
It’s called Efferdent Plus.
在地狱里 你会失去爱意
In hell, you sink to the level of your lack of love.
在天堂,你会充满爱意
In heaven, you rise to the level of your fullness of love.
赶快!赶快! 上车!我们走!
Hurry up! Come on! Get in the car! Let’s go.
据说,故事是这样的
Allegedly, the story goes like this.
彼立怀尔德碰到了路易士梅立
Billy Wilder runs into Louis Malle.
这发生在50年代末,60年代初
This was in the late ’50s, early ’60s.
路易士梅立制♥造♥了他价值最昂贵的电影 耗资250万美元
And Louis Malle had just made his most expensive film, which had cost 2 1/2 million dollars.
接着彼立怀尔德就 问他电影是关于什么的
And Billy Wilder asks him what the film is about.
路易士梅立说, “关于梦中有梦的故事”
And Louis Malle says, “It’s sort of a dream within a dream.”
然后彼立怀尔德说 “那你就浪费了250万美元”
And Billy Wilder says, “You just lost 2 1 /2 million dollars.”
我感觉我比以前更加了解它了
I feel a little more apprehensive about this one than I did–
几个世纪前关于梦笼罩着生命的记录
Down through the centuries, the notion that life is wrapped in a dream…
是哲人和诗人的普遍主题
has been a pervasive theme of philosophers and poets.
所以是否死亡也是如此,笼罩着梦?
So doesn’t it make sense that death, too, would be wrapped in dream?
在你死后 你的意识生命将会延续
That, after death, your conscious life would continue…
那就会被称作梦体
in what might be called, “a dream body”?
那将是在你平时梦中 体验的那个梦体一样
It would be the same dream body you experience in your everyday dream life.
除了那种临死状态
Except that in the post-mortal state,
你永远也不会再次醒来
you could never again wake up,
永远不会回到你的躯壳
never again return to your physical body.
随着这种模式变得越来越复杂和微妙
As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle,
遭洗劫已远远不够
being swept along is no longer enough.
你说什么呢,狗屎?
What’s the word, turd?
嘿 你也在开一辆船车吧?
Hey, do you also drive a boat car?
什么? 你送了我一程 那是一辆车,也是个船,
– A what? – You gave me a ride in a car that was also a boat.
没有,伙计,我没有什么船车 我不知道你在说什么
No, man, I don’t have a boat car. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
伙计 那准是有另一个平行的世界
Man, this must be, like, parallel universe night.
你认识刚才在这里的那个家伙吗?
You know that cat that was just in here,
他刚刚跑出去
who just ran out the door?
是的,他走到收银台 我说,”你说什么呢,狗屎?
Well, he comes up to the counter, and I say, “What’s the word, turd? ”
他放下这玉米煎饼,似乎是看着我, 也似乎是瞪着我,说,
And he lays down this burrito and he kind of looks at me, kind of stares at me and says,
我最近刚从死亡阴影里返回
” I have but recently returned from the valley of the shadow of death.
我尽情的呼吸生命的气息
” I’m rapturously breathing in all the odors and essences of life.
我已经到了彻底被遗忘的边缘
“I’ve been to the brink of total oblivion.
我回忆起了那种记得一切的愿望 我记得一切事
I remember and ferment the desire to remember everything.”
那么,你又怎么回答的呢?
So, what did you say to that?
是的,我意思是,我又能说什么呢?
Well, I mean, what could I say?
我说如果你想微波那个玉米煎饼
I said, “If you’re gonna microwave that burrito,
我想让你在那个塑胶包装上戳个洞 因为它会爆开
“I want you to poke holes in the plastic wrapping because they explode.
我讨厌清理到处都是的玉米块 懂我意思吗?
And I’m tired of cleaning up your little burrito doings. You dig me?”
因为墨西哥胡椒很干
‘Cause the jalapenos dry up.
它们就像一些小轮儿
They’re like little wheels.
当一切要结束时 所有我会考虑的是
When it was over, all I could think about…
如何给自己定个概念
was how this entire notion of oneself,
我们是,只是…
what we are, is just…
这种逻辑结构
this logical structure,
快速容纳许多抽像事物的地方
a place to momentarily house all the abstractions.
它是变得有意识的时间
It was a time to become conscious,
给神秘以形式和一致
to give form and coherence to the mystery.
我就是那其中的一部分 这是天赋
And I had been a part of that. It was a gift.
生命就在我的身边活动
Life was raging all around me,
每时每刻都是那样不可思议
and every moment was magical.
我喜欢所有的人
I loved all the people,
对付那些矛盾的冲动
dealing with all the contradictory impulses.
那就是我最喜欢与人交流的地方
That’s what I loved the most– connecting with the people.
回顾起来 那就所有的实质所在
Looking back, that’s all that really mattered.
齐克果的最后说的话是 “彻底遗忘我吧!”
Kierkegaard’s last words were, “Sweep me up.”
嗨,哥们 嗨
– Hey, man. – Hey.
你是那个在船车上的人吗?
Weren抰 you in the boat car?
你知道 戴着帽子的家伙
You know, the guy– the guy with the hat.
他用他的车或船之类的送了我一程
He gave me a ride in his car or boat thing,
你也和我一起坐在后面的车座上
and you were in the back seat with me.
我没在那儿 你不知道你在说什么
I’m not saying you don’t know what you’re talking about,
但我也不知你在说些什么
but I don’t know what you’re talking about.
不 你们两个人是在某个地方让我下了车
No, see, you guys let me off at this really specific spot…
你指示他让我下了车
that you gave him directions to let me off at.
我下了车,结果被车撞了
I get out and ended up getting hit by a car.
但随后我就醒了 因为我在做梦
But then I just woke up because I was dreaming,
之后,我发现我仍然在做梦
and later, I found out that I was still dreaming,
梦到自己醒了
dreaming that I’d woken up.
那就是所谓的“假醒” 我对这个都已经习惯了
Those are called “false awakenings.” I used to have those all the time.
但我仍然在做梦
But I’m still in it now.
我不能摆脱它 它会一直继续下去
I can’t get out of it. It’s been going on forever.
我想醒来 但我发现我醒了又进到另外一个梦中
I keep waking up, but I’m just waking up into another dream.
我也开始摆脱出来 像我同死人对话
I’m starting to get creeped out too, like I’m talking to dead people.
那个电视中的女人告诉我 关于做这种梦是多么地接近死亡

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!