真的 这是关于意识的两个对立面
Really, it’s just about the two opposing states of consciousness…
但却根本不对立
which don’t really oppose at all.
看,在梦境中
See, in the waking world,
神经系统抑制着记忆的明明的活动
the neuro-system inhibits the activation of the vividness of memories.
这是在进化意义上的
This makes evolutionary sense.
我对于一个野兽的出现感到不适
It’d be maladapted for the perceptual image of a predator…
因为记忆上的错误 反之亦然
to be mistaken for the memory of one and vice-versa.
如果对野兽的记忆招来了这个感觉象
If the memory of a predator conjured up a perceptual image,
我们每次到浴室里都会感到害怕
we’d be running off to the bathroom every time we had a scary thought.
所以你有这些神经元
So you have these serotonic neurons…
在抑制你的幻觉
that inhibit hallucinations…
它们自己在眨眼间睡眠中也被抑制
that they themselves are inhibited during REM sleep.
这让梦似乎成真
This allows dreams to appear real…
在阻止这竞争进行其他的知觉过程
while preventing competition from other perceptual processes.
这就是为什么梦与现实有出入
This is why dreams are mistaken for reality.
对于神经活动的功能系统 它形成了我们的世界
To the functional system of neural activity that creates our world,
梦里的感觉和行为
there is no difference between dreaming a perception and an action…
和现实当中的感觉和行为是没有区别的
and actually the waking perception and action.
我曾有一个朋友告诉我
I had a friend once who told me…
你可能犯的最糟糕的错误就是
that the worst mistake that you could make…
认为你是活着的
is to think that you are alive…
当你真正在生命的候诊室里睡着时
when really you’re asleep in life’s waiting room.
诀窍就是将
The trick is to combine…
你清醒的理性的能力
your waking rational abilities…
和无穷的梦境结合在一起
with the infinite possibilities of your dreams.
因为你能做到这点 你可以做到任何事
‘Cause if you can do that, you can do anything.
你是否曾有过一个憎恨的艰难的工作?
Did you ever have a job that you hated and worked real hard at?
一整天艰辛的工作之后 回家,上♥床♥,闭上双眼
A long, hard day of work. Finally you get to go home, get in bed, close your eyes.
突然你醒来 意识到
And immediately you wake up and realize…
全天的工作原来是个梦
that the whole day at work had been a dream.
你受够了低薪卖♥♥掉你醒着的生命的现实
It’s bad enough that you sell your waking life for– for minimum wage,
但他们现在免费给你睡梦
but now they get your dreams for free.
嘿!伙计 你在这儿干什么?
Hey, man, what are you doing here?
我想像自己是梦境中的社会润滑剂
I fancy myself the social lubricator of the dream world,
帮助人们变得更加清醒
helping people become lucid a little easier.
消除那些恐惧与忧虑的因素 尽情摇滚
Cut out all that fear and anxiety stuff and just rock and roll.
清醒过来 你意思是你知道你在做梦,对吗?
By becoming lucid, you mean just knowing that you’re dreaming, right?
是的 你能够控制它
Yeah. And then you can control it.
对比不清醒的梦它们更显现实而并不奇异
They’re more realistic and less bizarre than non-lucid dreams.
你知道 我正好从睡眠中醒来
You know, I just woke from a dream.
它不是一个典型的梦 却像是我走进了一个轮流出现的世界
It wasn’t like a typical dream. It seemed more like I’d walked into an alternate universe.
是的,真的
Yeah, it’s real.
我的意思是从技术上说这是睡眠现象
I mean, technically, it’s a phenomenon of sleep,
但你却可以在睡眠中享受乐趣
but you can have so much damn fun in your dreams.
当然,每个人都知道这乐趣的规律
And, of course, everyone knows fun rules.
是的,那你梦里发生了什么
– Yeah. -So what was going on in your dream?
很多人 很多谈话
Oh. A lot of people. A lot of talking.
其中有些很荒诞 象来自一些奇怪的电影之类的
Some of it was kind of absurdist, like from a strange movie or something.
通常是一些人忘情的投入
Mostly, it was just people going off about whatever, really intensely.
我醒来后想这些东西从何而来?
I woke up wondering, where did all this stuff come from?
你可以控制它 你始终做这些梦吗?
– You can control that. – Do you have these dreams all the time?
是的,我总是充分利用它
Hell, yeah. I’m always gonna make the best of it.
但这里的窍门是你要了解你首先梦到的是什么
But the trick is, you got to realize that you’re dreaming in the first place.
你开始能去认识它
You got to be able to recognize it.
你开始能去问你自己 嘿! 伙计, 这是在做梦吗?
You got to be able to ask yourself, ” Hey, man, is this a dream?”
大多数人从来都不会问自己那些
Most people never ask themselves that…
当他们醒着 或 尤其是他们睡着的时候
when they’re awake or especially when they’re asleep.
似乎每个人在醒着时会梦游
Seems like everyone’s sleepwalking through their waking state…
或是在睡梦中醒来走动
or wake walking through their dreams.
任一种方式都不会得到什么
Either way they’re not gonna get much out of it.
使我意识到我在做梦的是我的电子闹钟
The thing that snapped me into realizing I was dreaming was, uh– was my digital clock.
我不能真正明白 像是电路坏掉之类的样子
I couldn’t really read it. It was like the circuitry was all screwed up or something.
是的,那真的有共同性 微小的印料也相当坚硬
Yeah, that’s real common. And small printed material is pretty tough too.
却很不稳定
Very unstable.
还有一个忠告就是调整灯的亮度
Another good tip-off is trying to adjust light levels.
你不会真的那样做
You can’t really do that.
如果你看到灯开关在你旁边 打开,关上看看它是否起作用
If you see a light switch nearby, turn it on and off and see if it works.
那是你在清醒的梦中不会做的事之一
That’s one of the few things you can’t do in a lucid dream.
我真的能够飘起来
What the hell. I can fly around,
和亚伯特.施韦策进行有趣的交谈
have an interesting conversation with Albert Schweitzer.
我可以探索那些现实中的多♥维♥世界
I can explore all these new dimensions of reality,
更别提我所想要的一些非常酷的性事
not to mention I can have any kind of sex I want, which is way cool.
所以我不能调整灯的亮度 那又怎么样?
So I can’t adjust light levels. So what?
但是那是你想看你是否在做梦的方法之一,是吗?
But that’s one of the things you do to test if you’re dreaming or not, right?
是的,就像我所说的 你可以锻炼自己认识到这点
Yeah, like I said, you can totally train yourself to recognize it.
我的意思是时不时的碰一下灯开关
I mean, just hit a light switch every now and then.
如果灯亮着,你不能关掉它 那么你很有可能在做梦
If the lights are on and you can’t turn them off, then most likely you’re dreaming.
然后你就可以开始了
And then you can get down to business.
相信我 那是不受约束的
And believe me, it’s unlimited.
嘿!你知道我最近在做些什么吗? 什么?
– Hey, you know what I’ve been working on lately? – What’s that?
哦!伙计,雄心壮志 对此,我很在行
Oh, man, it’s way ambitious, but I’m getting better at it.
你要钻研它,三百六十度全方位视野,伙计
You’re gonna dig this. Three-sixty vision, man.
我可以看到各个方向 非常酷,哈?
I can see in all directions. Pretty cool, huh?
是的
Yeah. Wow.
好,我该走了
Well, I got to go, man.
好的 等会儿,伙计 “#$%#^&*&^%”
Okay, later, man. Super perfundo on the early eve of your day.
什么意思 你知道,我从来都没有解开它
– What’s that mean? – Well, you know, I never figured it out.
或许你能 这伙计老爱在我耳边窃窃私语
Maybe you can. This guy always whispers into my ear.
路易士,它是个重现的梦中的角色
Louis. He’s a recurring dream character.
电影,就其本质
Cinema, in its essence,
是现实的再现
is about reproduction of reality,
就是像是现实真的再生一样
which is that, like, reality is actually reproduced.
对于他,听起来像是 一个讲故事的媒介,真的
And for him, it might sound like a storytelling medium, really.
它感觉像电影
And he feels like, um– like film–
像是文学 更好的讲述一个故事
Like– like literature is better for telling a story.
如果你讲一个故事 甚至是一个笑话
And if you tell a story or even like a joke–
“这人走进了一个酒吧,看见了一个侏儒”
“This guy walks into a bar and sees a dwarf.”
那真的有作用 因为你可以想像这个人 这个侏儒 这间酒吧
That works really well because you’re imagining this guy and this dwarfing this bar.
这是种想像的感觉
And it’s an imaginative aspect to it.
在电影里,你不会有那种感觉 因为你确实看见了那个人
In film, you don’t have that because you actually are filming a specific guy…
在酒吧里和那个侏儒在一起
in a specific bar with a specific dwarf…
有明确的高度 显得很确定,对吗?
– of a specific height who looks a certain way, right? – Mm-hmm.
所以像如,巴仁 电影的存在论必然要涉及
So like, um, for Bazin, what the ontology of film has to deal–
它必须 你知道它必须涉及到
it has to deal with, you know, with–
摄影也有存在论 对吧
– Photography also has an ontology, – Right.
除非加入时间的尺度
except that it adds this dimension of time to it…
这种更加的现实主义
and this greater realism.
所以,这就是关于那个人
And so, it’s about that guy…
在那个时刻 那个空间
at that moment in that space.
你知道,巴仁 就像基♥督♥徒一样
And, you know, Bazin is, like, a Christian,
所以,他像是信仰 你知道
so he, like, believes that, you know–
上帝,显然,还有一切
in God, obviously, and everything.
对于他来说,现实和上帝是一回事 你知道,像
For him, reality and God are the same. You know, like–
所以,电影实际上拍下的是 像上帝的化身和创造
And so what film is actually capturing is, like, God incarnate, creating.
你知道,就在此时 上帝就是这样出现的
You know, like this very moment, God is manifesting as this.
如果现在就拍我们的话 电影会记录下什么
And what the film would capture if it was filming us right now…
将是,象 上帝就化为这张桌子
would be, like, God as this table,
上帝就是你我 上帝就像我们现在这样注视着
and God is you and God is me and God looking the way we look right now…
和我们现在这样说话和思考
and saying and thinking what we’re thinking right now…
因为我们都是上帝的化身
– because we’re all God manifest in that sense. – Mm-hmm.
所以电影就像对上帝的记录或上帝的脸
So film is like a record of God or the face of God…
或是不断变化的上帝的脸
or of the ever-changing face of God.
你脸上有个蚊子 要我为你打吗?
You have a mosquito. You want me to get it for you?
你明白了吗? 是的,我明白了
– You got it. Yeah. – I got it?
所以整个好莱坞在拍电影
And the whole Hollywood thing has taken film…
尽力去做这个讲故事的媒体
and tried to make it this storytelling medium…
你拿来一些书或是故事
where you take these books or stories…
然后,你知道
and then you, like, you know–
拿到剧本去找一些合适的演员
you get the script and then try to find somebody who fits the thing.
但这很荒谬
But it’s ridiculous.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!