嗯,挑一种颜色。
Um, pick a color.
蓝色
Blue.
B-L-U-E 挑一个数。
B-L-U-E. Pick a number.
– 8 – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 再挑一个数
– Eight. – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Pick one more number.
– 15 – 1, 2, 3, 4
– Fifteen. – 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 6, 7, 8 9, 10, 11, 12
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,
13, 14, 15 再挑一个数
13, 14, 15. Pick another number.
– 6 – 好的
– Six. – Okay.
“梦就是命运”
“Dream is destiny.”
半梦半醒的人生
摇滚
Rock out.
摇滚乐。
Rock and roll.
来,弦乐,起。
Go, strings. Begin.
萨拉,你想试试你问我的那首曲子吗?
Sara, will you try that, the thing you asked me about?
是的 你能稍微柔和点吗?
– Yeah. – Will you try it a little more subdued?
好的 颤音。正好试试,看你会想到什么。
– Okay. – Vibrato. Just try it and see what you think.
但是,我想的是
But what I want–
我意思是,我想让它听起来洪亮 和或许差不多有点起伏感
I mean, I want it to sound rich and maybe almost a little wavy…
因为稍微有点跑调
due to being slightly out of tune.
你想要吗,嗯 我认为应该分开来拉。
– Do you want it, um– – I think it should be slightly detached.
那正是我所想的
That’s what I was wondering.
对,对,你懂了。
Yeah, yeah, you got it.
动听。
Snazzy.
好的,请翻到二十页
Okay, pick up to 20, please.
艾瑞克,翻到二十页, 好吗
– Erik, this is a pickup to 20. – Okay.
1, 2, 3.
1, 2, 3.
嘿,伙计,是我 嗯,我刚刚回城
Hey, man, it’s me. Um, I just got back into town.
我想我可以闲逛到你那里
I thought maybe I could bum a ride off you or something, but that’s cool.
我可能打个车或什么的
I could probably just take a cab, something like that. Um–
是,我会不久就会到你那里,就这样。
Yeah, I guess I’ll hang out with you later, something like that.
喂,小伙子,你要坐长途吗?
Ahoy there, matey! You in for the long haul?
你需要在你离开时搭个便车吗? 往市中心去的。
You need a little hitch in your get-along, a little lift on down the line?
哦,嗯,是的,确实 我正在等车什么的,但,如果你想要
Oh, um, yeah, actually, I was waiting for a cab or something, but if you want to–
好的。 不要错过哟。
All right. Don’t miss the boat.
嘿,谢谢 不成问题
– Hey, thanks. – Not a problem.
出发!
Anchors aweigh!
你认为我的小船如何?
So what do you think of my little vessel?
她就是我们所说的“中看的” S-E-E。用你的双眼看。
She’s what we call “see-worthy.” S-E-E. See with your eyes.
我感觉我的车能张扬我的个性。
I feel like my transport should be an extension of my personality.
我咧?这是我眺望世界的视窗
Voila. And this? This is like my little window to the world,
每分钟都有不同的演出。
and every minute, it’s a different show.
现在,我可能不明白, 我甚至不必肯定它。
Now, I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it.
但是我告诉你的是, 我承认,这只是一种滑行。
But I’ll tell you what, I accept it and just sort of glide along.
你想要事事顺心,我想就是这个。
You want to keep things on an even keel I guess is what I’m saying.
你像随波逐流, 因为海纳百川。
You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river.
这种想法♥会♥善始善终的。
The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving.
少说些套话。
Saves on introductions and good-byes.
行程是不需要旁白的。
The ride does not require an explanation.
只不过为了消磨时光。 那就是你们去的地方。
Just occupants. That’s where you guys come in.
好像你们带着蜡笔盒来到这个世界。
It’s like you come onto this planet with a crayon box.
现在,你可能带了八盒或者十六盒。
Now, you may get the 8-pack, you may get the 1 6-pack.
但你用蜡笔所做的一切就是
But it’s all in what you do with the crayons,
你制♥造♥的色彩
the colors that you’re given.
不要担心你是画线上内或线外。
Don’t worry about drawing within the lines or coloring outside the lines.
我说的是线外的颜色,页面外的颜色。
I say color outside the lines. Color right off he page.
“不要用框框限制我!!我们要驶向大海。
Don’t box me in. We’re in motion to the ocean.
我们不是被陆地所局限的人” 我跟你说。
We are not landlocked, I’ll tell ya that.
你们想到哪里去?
So where do you want out?
哦,谁,我吗? 我先说吗?
Uh, who, me? Am I first?
嗯,我不知道。 真的,哪儿都可以。
Um, I don’t know. Really, anywhere is fine.
好的,就 就给我一个地址什么的,行吗?
Well, just–just give me an address or something, okay?
我告诉你如何, 再走过三条街,
Tell you what, go up three more streets,
向右转,再走过两栋楼
take a right, go two more blocks,
在下一个拐角处叫这家伙下车。
drop this guy off on the next corner.
那儿在什么地方? 我也不知道,但它就在某处,
– Where’s that? – I don’t know either, but it’s somewhere,
这会决定你余生的路线。
and it’s gonna determine the course of the rest of your life.
靠岸了,就要靠岸了.
All ashore that’s going ashore.
嘟嘟!
Toot toot!
看你的右边
我反对把存在主义
The reason why I refuse to take existentialism…
作为另一种法国风尚或历史的偶然
as just another French fashion or historical curiosity…
因为我觉得,随着新世纪的到来, 他又会带给我们一些重要的东西。
is that I think it has something very important to offer us for the new century.
恐怕我们正严重失去了生活的热情
I ‘m afraid we’re losing the real virtues of living life passionately,
对自己负责的态度
the sense of taking responsibility for who you are,
和让你自我感觉良好的能力
the ability to make something of yourself and feeling good about life.
存在主义常常被讲成绝望的哲学
Existentialism is often discussed as if it’s a philosophy of despair.
但我认为事实正好相反
But I think the truth is just the opposite.
沙特被采访时曾说过 在他的生活中,他从未感到有失望的一天
Sartre once interviewed said he never really felt a day of despair in his life.
但从了解这些人物可得出一点
But one thing that comes out from reading these guys…
就是对生活我们不会感到苦恼
is not a sense of anguish about life so much as…
而是在此基础上的充实感。
a real kind of exuberance of feeling on top of it.
就像生活要靠自己创造
It’s like your life is yours to create.
我曾绕有兴趣甚至敬佩地 读过后现代主义者的作品。
I’ve read the post modernists with some interest, even admiration.
但当我读时 我总会带着这种极度挑剔的眼光。
But when I read them, I always have this awful nagging feeling…
就是一些绝对本质的东西荡然无存
that something absolutely essential is getting left out.
你越把一个人谈论成一个社会构造物
The more that you talk about a person as a social construction…
或众势力的汇合体
or as a confluence of forces…
或零碎的或脱离社会的
or as fragmented or marginalized,
你就会说出一大堆的藉口
what you do is you open up a whole new world of excuses.
当沙特谈论责任时
And when Sartre talks about responsibility,
他不会谈一些抽像的事
he’s not talking about something abstract.
他不会谈那些神学者议论的本质或精神
He’s not talking about the kind of self or soul that theologians would argue about.
他谈的是些具体的事 你我都谈的事情
It’s something very concrete. It’s you and me talking.
作决定敢于行动,敢于承担后果
Making decisions. Doing things and taking the consequences.
可能世界上有六十亿人正在做
It might be true that there are six billion people in the world and counting.
不过 你要与众不同
Nevertheless, what you do makes a difference.
首先 从物质方面与众不同
It makes a difference, first of all, in material terms.
与其他人不同 给他们树立榜样
Makes a difference to other people and it sets an example.
简言之 我想这里的讯息是
In short, I think the message here is…
我们不能轻易做失自我
that we should never simply write ourselves off…
把自己看成众多势力的牺牲品
and see ourselves as the victim of various forces.
我们要自我定位
It’s always our decision who we are.
创造产生于瑕疵
Creation seems to come out of imperfection.
产生于斗争和挫折
I t seems to come out of a striving and a frustration.
这就是我认为语言的由来
And this is where I think language came from.
我的意思是 它产生于超越自我孤立的愿望
I mean, it came from our desire to transcend our isolation…
也有某种彼此之间的关系
and have some sort of connection with one another.
当它只要简单的生存 它就必须简单
And it had to be easy when it was just simple survival.
例如 你知道 “水” 我们为此创造了一种语♥音♥
Like, you know, “water.” We came up with a sound for that.
或者 剑齿虎就在你身后 我们为此创造了一种语♥音♥
Or, “Saber-toothed tiger right behind you.” We came up with a sound for that.
但当它变得真正有趣时 我认为
But when it gets really interesting, I think,
是我们用同样的符号♥系统来交流
is when we use that same system of symbols to communicate…
所有的我们经历的抽像的 和无形的事物的时候了
all the abstract and intangible things that we’re experiencing.
像”挫折”是何物? 或”愤怒””爱”是何物?
What is, like, frustration? Or what is anger or love?
当我说”爱”
When I say “love,”
这声音出自我口
the sound comes out of my mouth…
触及了他人的耳旁
and it hits the other person’s ear,
在他脑中的拜占庭筋络中穿梭
travels through this Byzantine conduit in their brain,
你知道 穿过他爱的记忆或爱的空白
you know, through their memories of love or lack of love,
他们记录下并同意我所说的 他们明白了
and they register what I’m saying and say yes, they understand.
但我如何知道他们懂了? 因为文字是惰性的
But how do I know they understand? Because words are inert.
它们只是些符号♥ 他们是死的,懂吗?
They’re just symbols. They’re dead, you know?
很多感受都是无形的
And so much of our experience is intangible.
很多事物我们 只能意会 不能言传
So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It’s unspeakable.
然而 你知道 当我们彼此交流时
And yet, you know, when we communicate with one another,
我们
and we–
我们感到彼此连在了一起
we feel that we have connected,
我们认为彼此都能明白对方
and we think that we’re understood,
我认为我们几乎有种精神交流的感觉
I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion.
这种感觉是短暂的但却是我们离不开的
And that feeling might be transient, but I think it’s what we live for.
如我们见识人类发展的集锦
If we’re looking at the highlights of human development,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!