你们太好了 你们不该破费的
That’s sweet. You shouldn’t have.
打开吧
Open it.
好的
Okay.
是本书啊
Oh, it’s a book.
“如何成为一个妈妈”
What a mama you’re going to be.
瞧瞧
Oh, look at that.
我们知道你起初并不开心有了孩子
We know you didn’t initially have a strong happiness about this whole baby thing,
但是她既然来临了
but she is coming anyway.
我们还不知道是女孩
We don’t know it’s a she.
我们觉得应该给你一些
We figured we’d give you something
每个女人都应该读一读的
that every woman is supposed to read.
每个女人都应该读一些像这样的…
And every woman is supposed to read something like that…
我们是这么想的
we think.
嗯 谢谢
Well, thanks.
你最好读一读并领会一下
You best read and absorb it.
嘿 你知道
Hey, you know,
我在想 你们有没有听说过有些人
I was thinking. Have you ever heard about those people
把他们的孩子给卖♥♥了很多钱
who sell their babies for lots of money
卖♥♥给律师什么的?
through, like, lawyers and stuff?
吉娜 你不能卖♥♥掉你的宝宝
Jenna, you can’t sell your baby.
那真是个可怕的想法
That’s a horrible thought.
我只是想想
I was just thinking,
如果我这么做了 我也许就有足够的钱
if I did, I might make enough money
来摆脱厄尔了
to finally get away from earl.
我是说 在这事上 孩子是我唯一的资产
I mean, at this point, the baby is the only real financial asset
如果我没能赢得派大赛的话
I have if I don’t win that pie contest.
我会假装你没说过这话
I am going to pretend that you are not saying this.
并不是每个人都象当妈妈的 道恩
Not everybody wants to be a mama, dawn.
那并不代表我是个坏人
That don’t make me a bad person.
难道你对这个孩子就没有一点感情吗?
You’re not getting any more affectionate towards that little baby?
一点都没有?
Not at all?
我尊重这个孩子来到这个世界的权利
I respect this baby’s right to thrive.
我不会去伤害他的
I do nothing harmful to it.
我不喝酒 我注意饮食 但是我不
I don’t drink, I watch my diet, but no.
我不感到任何欣喜
I feel nothing like affection.
或许是那个家伙扼杀了我所有的欣喜
Maybe that man smothered all the affection out of me.
我不知道
I don’t know.
好吧 我要回去干活了
Well, I got to get back to work.
嗯 早餐高峰时间到了
Yeah, uh, breakfast crowd’s heating up.

Yeah.
嘿 谢谢你们的书
Hey, thanks for the book.
没什么
All right.
吉娜 在里面有很多很酷的事可以做
Jenna, there’s all these cool things to do in here.
书背后还有个剪贴区
Um, there’s a little scrapbook section in the back,
你可以怀孕期间 腹部变化的照片贴在那里
where you can put pictures of your pregnant belly as it develops.
还有个地方 你可以写下给宝宝的第一封信
Oh, and there’s a place where you can write your first letter to your baby.
就在这儿
-Oh. -Right here.
在中间
Right in the middle.
好的 道恩 谢谢
Okay, dawn, thanks.
给宝宝的第一封信
First letter to my baby.
第一封信
First letter.
我要的水呢?
Where’s my water?
亲爱的宝宝…
Dear baby…
亲爱的宝宝
dear baby,
如果我要写一封信给你
if I was writing you a letter,
很可能会是封致歉信
it would probably sound something like an apology.
我知道每个人都有妈妈
I know everyone deserves a mama
这个妈妈会想要个好孩子
who’d want a nice baby such
就象你这样的孩子
as yourself
同时也是一个好妻子 和谐社会的和谐一员
who was also a good wife, a fine member of society.
但我没法说我是那样的人
And I can’t rightly say that I’m any of that,
我也不确定带你来到的 这个世界是否美好
and I’m not sure the world is such a fine place to be bringing you.
多少次的所遇非人
Many of the people I’ve met are not worth meeting.
很多往事也不堪回首
Many of the things that happen are not worth living through.
而你不该经历这些 我的宝宝
And you shouldn’t take it personal, baby,
如果我没有象其他的 准妈妈一样欣喜若狂
if I don’t seem like all the other mamas-to-be ,jumping all over themselves with joy.
是因为我不知道能给你什么 宝宝
I frankly don’t know what I got to give you, baby.
假如我离开了厄尔
What if I leave earl
却没能赢得下个星期的比赛
and don’t win that contest next week
并且身无分文的话
and don’t have no money?
那我该拿你怎么办啊?
What the hell am I going to do with you then?
你一定是发福了 宝贝
You sure is getting fat, baby.
我这一辈子 宝宝
All my life, baby,
唯一想做的事情就是逃跑
the only thing I ever want to do is run away.
这算是什么妈妈啊?
What kind of mama is that?
我希望我能有些其他的感受 宝宝
I wish I could feel other things, baby.
比如有了你的兴奋
Like excitement that you’re with me now
或者做一个好妈妈的坚定信念
or faith that I’ll be a good mama,
即使我现在处境艰难
even if my life aren’t such a good place
在我眼中的这个世界
and the world as I see it aren’t so pretty
也并不像这本书中说的那样美好
like they’d have you believe in this book.
尽管如此 我还是给你写了这封信
Anyway, I’m writing this letter to you.
一封像是写给自己的信 不是吗?
It sounds more like a letter to me, don’t it?
爱你的妈妈
Love, mama.
你要去哪 吉娜?
Where you going, Jenna?
不去哪 厄尔
Nowhere, earl.
厄尔 我是说我要去上班
L-I mean, to work.
那你为什么带着行李箱
Then why you got a suitcase?
厄尔
Earl!
闭嘴 上车
Shut up and get in the car.
派烘烤大赛?
Pie-baking contest, huh?
嗯 我只是想去参加
Yeah, I was just going to go up there
赢了以后好给你个惊喜
and win and surprise you.
不 你说谎
No, you’re lying.
你之前从来没有想过要参加什么比赛
You aren’t never gone to a contest before in your life.
你对我撒谎
You’re lying to me.
厄尔 别
Earl, don’t…
你为什么要对我撒谎
why you lying to me?
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant!
你要什么时候才告诉我?
When was you going to tell me?
在我赢了派大赛之后
After I won the pie contest.
你不能去参加什么派大赛
Well, you aren’t going to no pie contest.
你知道吗? 你什么地方都不许去
You know what? You aren’t going nowhere.
有一件事情 老婆
Here’s the thing, wife-
假如你决定要爱这孩子胜于爱我的话
what if you decide to love the baby more than you love me?
女人们从来都是这么做的
Women do it all the time.
她们有了孩子后 男人就如同进了地狱
They have a baby and then it’s to hell with the man.
你在吃孩子的醋?
You’re jealous of the baby?
不 我没吃醋
No, I don’t get jealous.
这可是在损我
It’s below me.
我只是说出来而已
I’m just talking it out.
我只是把我的感受说出来
I’m talking my feelings out.
而且我知道女人们会如何
And I know how women get.
而我只是不肯定 我会想要那事发生在我身上
And I’m just not sure I want that happening.
我不是说要你把孩子打掉
I’d tell you to get rid of it,
但我希望你从今以后能和我共进退
but I want you in the same place as me in the hereafter,
如果你能明白我的话
if you know what I mean.
也许如果你向我保证
Maybe if you promise me
你不会爱孩子胜于爱我的话
that you wouldn’t love the baby more than you love me.
你懂吗?
You know?
你要尽力试着更爱我一些
That you’d make a real effort to love me more.
如果我需要什么
If I need something,
你就会念念不忘
you’d keep taking care of it.
你要唯我命是从
You’d hold on to me more.
我是第一位的 而不是什么宝宝
I come first-not any baby.
嗯 你能给小厄这样的保证吗?
Well, can you make early that promise?
当然
Absolutely.
那就说”我保证”
Then say “I promise.”
我保证
I promise.
说”我保证不会爱孩子胜于爱你 小厄”
Say “I promise I will not love the baby more than I love you, early.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!