and I’m not sure the world is such a fine place to be bringing you.
多少次的所遇非人
Many of the people I’ve met are not worth meeting.
很多往事也不堪回首
Many of the things that happen are not worth living through.
而你不该经历这些 我的宝宝
And you shouldn’t take it personal, baby,
如果我没有象其他的 准妈妈一样欣喜若狂
if I don’t seem like all the other mamas-to-be ,jumping all over themselves with joy.
是因为我不知道能给你什么 宝宝
I frankly don’t know what I got to give you, baby.
假如我离开了厄尔
What if I leave earl
却没能赢得下个星期的比赛
and don’t win that contest next week
并且身无分文的话
and don’t have no money?
那我该拿你怎么办啊?
What the hell am I going to do with you then?
你一定是发福了 宝贝
You sure is getting fat, baby.
我这一辈子 宝宝
All my life, baby,
唯一想做的事情就是逃跑
the only thing I ever want to do is run away.
这算是什么妈妈啊?
What kind of mama is that?
我希望我能有些其他的感受 宝宝
I wish I could feel other things, baby.
比如有了你的兴奋
Like excitement that you’re with me now
或者做一个好妈妈的坚定信念
or faith that I’ll be a good mama,
即使我现在处境艰难
even if my life aren’t such a good place
在我眼中的这个世界
and the world as I see it aren’t so pretty
也并不像这本书中说的那样美好
like they’d have you believe in this book.
尽管如此 我还是给你写了这封信
Anyway, I’m writing this letter to you.
一封像是写给自己的信 不是吗?
It sounds more like a letter to me, don’t it?
爱你的妈妈
Love, mama.
你要去哪 吉娜?
Where you going, Jenna?
不去哪 厄尔
Nowhere, earl.
厄尔 我是说我要去上班
L-I mean, to work.
那你为什么带着行李箱
Then why you got a suitcase?
厄尔
Earl!
闭嘴 上车
Shut up and get in the car.
派烘烤大赛?
Pie-baking contest, huh?
嗯 我只是想去参加
Yeah, I was just going to go up there
赢了以后好给你个惊喜
and win and surprise you.
不 你说谎
No, you’re lying.
你之前从来没有想过要参加什么比赛
You aren’t never gone to a contest before in your life.
你对我撒谎
You’re lying to me.
厄尔 别
Earl, don’t…
你为什么要对我撒谎
why you lying to me?
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant!
你要什么时候才告诉我?
When was you going to tell me?
在我赢了派大赛之后
After I won the pie contest.
你不能去参加什么派大赛
Well, you aren’t going to no pie contest.
你知道吗? 你什么地方都不许去
You know what? You aren’t going nowhere.
有一件事情 老婆
Here’s the thing, wife-
假如你决定要爱这孩子胜于爱我的话
what if you decide to love the baby more than you love me?
女人们从来都是这么做的
Women do it all the time.
她们有了孩子后 男人就如同进了地狱
They have a baby and then it’s to hell with the man.
你在吃孩子的醋?
You’re jealous of the baby?
不 我没吃醋
No, I don’t get jealous.
这可是在损我
It’s below me.
我只是说出来而已
I’m just talking it out.
我只是把我的感受说出来
I’m talking my feelings out.
而且我知道女人们会如何
And I know how women get.
而我只是不肯定 我会想要那事发生在我身上
And I’m just not sure I want that happening.
我不是说要你把孩子打掉
I’d tell you to get rid of it,
但我希望你从今以后能和我共进退
but I want you in the same place as me in the hereafter,
如果你能明白我的话
if you know what I mean.
也许如果你向我保证
Maybe if you promise me
你不会爱孩子胜于爱我的话
that you wouldn’t love the baby more than you love me.
你懂吗?
You know?
你要尽力试着更爱我一些
That you’d make a real effort to love me more.
如果我需要什么
If I need something,
你就会念念不忘
you’d keep taking care of it.
你要唯我命是从
You’d hold on to me more.
我是第一位的 而不是什么宝宝
I come first-not any baby.
嗯 你能给小厄这样的保证吗?
Well, can you make early that promise?
当然
Absolutely.
那就说”我保证”
Then say “I promise.”
我保证
I promise.
说”我保证不会爱孩子胜于爱你 小厄”
Say “I promise I will not love the baby more than I love you, early.”
我保证不会爱孩子胜于爱你 小厄
I promise I will not love the baby more than I love you, early.
那不就好了
How about that?
我们就要有自己的孩子了
We’re going to have ourselves a baby.
一个小男孩
A baby boy.
我打赌一定是我把你灌醉那晚有的
I bet it happened that night I got you all drunk.
你要去哪?
Where you going?
我要吐
Gotta throw up.
亨特森夫人 医生现在就见你
Mrs. Hunterson, the doctor will see you now.
嗨 我是诺玛护士
Hi there. I’m nurse Norma.
今天我会帮助波马特医生 给你做B超检查
I’ll be helping dr. Pomatter with your ultrasound examination today.
你有什么问题吗?
You have any questions?
就这我们可以看到孩子的心跳吗?
This is where we look at the baby’s heartbeat?
对 可以看到的器官之一
Yes, among other things.
你紧张吗?
You nervous?
不 我看上去紧张吗?
No. Do I seem nervous?
是的
Yes, you do.
这很正常
That’s normal.
每个人在第一次做B超之前都会紧张
Everybody’s nervous before their first ultrasound.
但我不紧张
I’m not nervous, though.
好吧 你不紧张
Okay, you’re not nervous.
进来吧 我穿好了
Come in. I’m dressed.
你好 医生
Hello, doctor.
你好 亨特森女士
Hello, Mrs. Hunterson.
最近感觉怎么样?
How have you been feeling?
很好
Fine.
没什么问题吧?
No problems?
没有
Nope.
这个月来你没有过任何疑虑吗?
You had no questions or concerns this past month.
没有 我肯定没有
No, I certainly did not.
好的 躺下
Okay, well, lie back.
诺玛 你能帮我把灯关了吗?
Uh, Norma, would you get the lights for me?
好的 这一点都不会疼
All right, this isn’t going to hurt at all.
就是感觉有点凉
It’s just going to be a little cold.
我们开始了
Here we go.
好的
All right.
好 就是有点压力
Okay, just a little pressure.
让我们来看看
Now what are we looking at?
哦 看到了
Ah, there we are.
我们确确实实的看到了个宝宝
We are definitely having a baby.
你想看看吗?
You want to see?
我想是的
I guess.
看屏幕就可以了
Just look at the screen.
那儿
There.
一切都很好
Everything looks great.
看见屏幕当中一闪闪的小东西没有?
You see that little… that flickering right there in the middle of the screen?

Yeah.
就是那儿
Right there.
是心脏在跳动
That’s the heartbeat.
恭喜你 亨特森太太
Congratulations, Mrs. Hunterson.
感谢上帝 哈利路亚
Glory be. Hallelujah.
亨特森夫人不太喜欢被人恭喜
Uh, Mrs. Hunterson doesn’t really like to be congratulated.
噢 对不起
Oh, sorry.
看上去不太象宝宝啊
Don’t really look like much at this point.
现在当然还看不出来宝宝的样子
Certainly don’t look like no baby yet.
好吧…
Well…
谢谢你 诺玛 这里都忙完了
ah, thank you, Norma. That’s all we need you for.
没事了
All done here.
好吧 你有了
Well, there you have it.
是啊
Yeah.
那我想我们可以把上个月
So I guess we are officially forgetting about that
发生的乱七八糟的给忘了
nonsense that happened last month?
是的 忘了吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!