They were unbelievably delicious.
无法用语言表达的好吃
“Delicious” is not even a good enough word for what they are. They…
我是说你做的东西简直不象人间的烟火
I mean, what you do with food is…
只能意会 无法言传
unearthly. It’s sensual.
其他人有如此赏识它们吗?
Does anybody else appreciate?
你太客气了
You’re welcome.
那么…
So, um…
我们? 我是说 那么我们?
do we? I mean, what do we?
波马特医生 我会打电♥话♥给你的
Dr. Pomatter, I’ll call you
我能…
can I…
如果我有任何疑虑的话
if I have any questions or concerns.
“厄尔因外遇杀了我派”
“Earl murders me ’cause I’m having an affair pie.”
你把黑莓和树莓一起捣碎
You smash blackberries and raspberries
放在巧克力派底中
into a chocolate crust.
“外遇有罪别让厄尔杀我派”
“I can’t have no affair because it’s wrong and I don’t want earl to kill me pie.”
香草奶油裹以香蕉 (香蕉在此很微妙 原谅我的邪恶)
Vanilla custard with banana.
不要香蕉
Hold the banana.
你无家可归吗?
Don’t you have no home?
对不起 你说什么?
Excuse me. What?
我怀疑你是不是因为无家可归
I’m wondering if you have to sleep outside my diner,
而在我的餐厅门口过了一夜
’cause maybe you don’t have no home.
我有家
I have a home.
好的
Right,
我记得还有个坏丈夫
and a bad husband, I remember.
你的口红花的满脸都是
You got lipstick all over your face.
什么
What?
你的口红花了
Your lipstick is all smudged,
就像你刚跟谁来了个热吻
like someone gave you a good one.
我现在要进去了
I’m going inside now.
等你把战场都打扫干净了
Once you’re done wiping away all your indiscretions,
我会坐在我的老位置
I’ll be sitting in my booth
要一杯鲜榨橙汁不加冰
wanting fresh-squeezed orange juice, no ice,
还有一份”西班牙舞者派”
and a “Spanish dancer pie”
盖以土豆面
with potato crust.
你要的来了
Here you go.
“亲爱的伊丽莎白” 你知道这个专栏吗?
“Dear Elizabeth…” do you know this column?
针对孤独的单身人群而设的
It’s for the lonely hearts.
亲爱的伊丽莎白
“Dear Elizabeth.
我的丈夫爱上了另一个女人
“My husband fell in love with another woman
就在他工作的地方
“from his workplace.
我想自杀
“I want to kill myself.
我想要写下
“I want to write
最完美的遗言
“the perfect suicide note
好让他知道他给我带来的痛苦
“that would let him know just how much pain he has caused me.
我在想你能否给我些建议
“I’m wondering if you can dispense any advice
如何写这份自杀遗言
“on composing a suicide note
好沉重打击我的无良丈夫
“that would harm my snake of a husband
和他的蛇蝎荡♥妇♥女友
“and his slut girlfriend the most.
你真诚的 被背叛的读者 来自比洛西市
Yours truly-betrayed in Biloxi.”
伊丽莎白只是胡诌了些让她别自杀的话
Elizabeth just gives her some nonsense about not killing herself.
我喜欢把快乐建立在别人的痛苦之上
I love living vicariously through the pain and suffering of others.
我一点都不相信你的说辞
I don’t believe for one second you’re as mean as you play.
你给我的小费比任何人给的都多
You tip me better than anyone.
你知道什么?
Oh, what do you know?
杯子空了 给我倒点水
Bring me more water for this empty glass.
不要
No!
不 不
No. No.
妈妈
Mommy!
我怎么说的?
What did I say?
不
No.
好的 那就停下好吗 甜心?
All right, now stop it, sugar, please?
好吧 你可以喝巧克力牛奶 好了吗?
Okay, you can have chocolate milk, okay?
对不起 你想喝多少巧克力牛奶都行
I’m sorry. You can have as much chocolate milk as you want.
好吧 行了 你这个小…
Okay, all right, you little…
行了
okay.
吉娜 快来
Jenna, come on.
听着 你可以喝巧克力牛奶 好吗?
Listen, you can have chocolate milk, okay?
给 亲爱的 我们给你买♥♥了点东西
Here, darling, we bought you something,
一份礼物
a present.
你们太好了 你们不该破费的
That’s sweet. You shouldn’t have.
打开吧
Open it.
好的
Okay.
是本书啊
Oh, it’s a book.
“如何成为一个妈妈”
What a mama you’re going to be.
瞧瞧
Oh, look at that.
我们知道你起初并不开心有了孩子
We know you didn’t initially have a strong happiness about this whole baby thing,
但是她既然来临了
but she is coming anyway.
我们还不知道是女孩
We don’t know it’s a she.
我们觉得应该给你一些
We figured we’d give you something
每个女人都应该读一读的
that every woman is supposed to read.
每个女人都应该读一些像这样的…
And every woman is supposed to read something like that…
我们是这么想的
we think.
嗯 谢谢
Well, thanks.
你最好读一读并领会一下
You best read and absorb it.
嘿 你知道
Hey, you know,
我在想 你们有没有听说过有些人
I was thinking. Have you ever heard about those people
把他们的孩子给卖♥♥了很多钱
who sell their babies for lots of money
卖♥♥给律师什么的?
through, like, lawyers and stuff?
吉娜 你不能卖♥♥掉你的宝宝
Jenna, you can’t sell your baby.
那真是个可怕的想法
That’s a horrible thought.
我只是想想
I was just thinking,
如果我这么做了 我也许就有足够的钱
if I did, I might make enough money
来摆脱厄尔了
to finally get away from earl.
我是说 在这事上 孩子是我唯一的资产
I mean, at this point, the baby is the only real financial asset
如果我没能赢得派大赛的话
I have if I don’t win that pie contest.
我会假装你没说过这话
I am going to pretend that you are not saying this.
并不是每个人都象当妈妈的 道恩
Not everybody wants to be a mama, dawn.
那并不代表我是个坏人
That don’t make me a bad person.
难道你对这个孩子就没有一点感情吗?
You’re not getting any more affectionate towards that little baby?
一点都没有?
Not at all?
我尊重这个孩子来到这个世界的权利
I respect this baby’s right to thrive.
我不会去伤害他的
I do nothing harmful to it.
我不喝酒 我注意饮食 但是我不
I don’t drink, I watch my diet, but no.
我不感到任何欣喜
I feel nothing like affection.
或许是那个家伙扼杀了我所有的欣喜
Maybe that man smothered all the affection out of me.
我不知道
I don’t know.
好吧 我要回去干活了
Well, I got to get back to work.
嗯 早餐高峰时间到了
Yeah, uh, breakfast crowd’s heating up.
嗯
Yeah.
嘿 谢谢你们的书
Hey, thanks for the book.
没什么
All right.
吉娜 在里面有很多很酷的事可以做
Jenna, there’s all these cool things to do in here.
书背后还有个剪贴区
Um, there’s a little scrapbook section in the back,
你可以怀孕期间 腹部变化的照片贴在那里
where you can put pictures of your pregnant belly as it develops.
还有个地方 你可以写下给宝宝的第一封信
Oh, and there’s a place where you can write your first letter to your baby.
就在这儿
-Oh. -Right here.
在中间
Right in the middle.
好的 道恩 谢谢
Okay, dawn, thanks.
给宝宝的第一封信
First letter to my baby.
第一封信
First letter.
我要的水呢?
Where’s my water?
亲爱的宝宝…
Dear baby…
亲爱的宝宝
dear baby,
如果我要写一封信给你
if I was writing you a letter,
很可能会是封致歉信
it would probably sound something like an apology.
我知道每个人都有妈妈
I know everyone deserves a mama
这个妈妈会想要个好孩子
who’d want a nice baby such
就象你这样的孩子
as yourself
同时也是一个好妻子 和谐社会的和谐一员
who was also a good wife, a fine member of society.
但我没法说我是那样的人
And I can’t rightly say that I’m any of that,
我也不确定带你来到的 这个世界是否美好