你就想告诉我这些?
Is that everything you have to say?

yes.
-不 -好吧 那是什么?
-No. -Well, what?
我…
I…
没什么
nothing.
你可以走了
Um, you can go now. Uh… I’ll see you
我们下次定期检查时再见吧
at your next regularly scheduled appointment, and again, don’t
还有想打电♥话♥就尽管…
hesitate to call…
打过来找你 只要有任何疑虑
to call you if I have any questions or concerns.
没错
Exactly.
如果轻微出血在怀孕早期是很正常的
Why’d you have me come all the way in here
那你为什么还让我过来?
if spouting’s a perfectly normal symptom in early pregnancy?
我是说 我还不得不起个大早
I mean, I had to get up early,
搭公车 走五个街区
take a bus, walk five blocks,
就为来听你说轻微出血是正常的?
just to hear that spotting is a perfectly normal symptom?
这不是我的错啊
I have no response to that.
医生 那诊所正常的开门时间是几点
And what time does this office normally open, doctor,
8点半?
8:30?
9点
9:00.
9点?
9:00?
所以你提早两小时来 就是为了告诉我
So-so you came in here two hours early just to tell me
轻微出血是十分正常的?
that spotting is a perfectly normal symptom?
嗯 似乎就是这样 是的
Well, it would seem that way, yes.
再见 波马特医生
Good-bye, dr. Pomatter.
再见 吉娜
Good-bye, Jenna.
我认为你很奇怪
I think you’re strange.
我不知道我是不是 还要你做我的医生
I’m not sure I want you to be my doctor anymore.
你让我很不舒服
You make me uncomfortable.
我很抱歉 吉娜 我真的很抱歉
I’m sorry, Jenna. I’m really sorry.
不管我做了什么 我不会再这么做了
Whatever it is I do, I will not do it anymore.
你这次不该觉得不舒服
You should not be uncomfortable at this time.
你又这么做了
You’re doing it again.
什么? 我做了什么… ?
How? What did I?
我不知道 就是你那种好好先生的说话方式
I don’t know, you know, that nice-guy-talky thing you do.
你就是… 算了
You just… oh, forget it.
靠 我的包
Damn! My purse!
你忘记了你的包…
You forgot your pur …
别走
Don’t walk away from me.
嗯 你想怎么样?
Well, what do you want?
我想再见到你
I want to see you again.
我想和你在其它地方谈一谈
I want to talk to you somewhere outside of here.
也许我们可以喝杯咖啡什么的
Maybe we could have a coffee or something.
我不能喝咖啡
I can’t have coffee.
咖啡在你给的不健康食物清单上
It’s on the bad food list you gave me.
你算什么样的医生啊?
What kind of doctor are you?
好吧 你不用喝咖啡
Well, you don’t have to have coffee.
你可以喝水或者果汁
You could have water or fruit juice.
真是个馊主意
That’s a bad idea.
我结婚了 你也结婚了
I’m married. You’re married.
我还怀孕了
I’m pregnant.
你是我的医生
-You’re my doctor. -Uh…
你说的对 这太疯狂了
you’re right, it’s crazy.
我这样做真没有职业道德 我…
It’s unethical on my part. I…
等等
Wait!
别在大街上吻
No kissing in the street.
我有个醋心很强的老公
I have a very jealous husband.
如果他看见了 他会杀了你的
He’d kill you
他甚至不准其他男人看着我
if he ever saw us. He don’t like when other men even look at me.
他人高马大吗?
Is he large?
够大了 而且他开车上班会经过这条路
He’s large enough, and he drives right past here on the way to work.
嗯 那也许我们不该站在大街上
Well, maybe we shouldn’t be standing in the street then.
我得去做派了
I’ve got to go make pies.
走过五个街区 等公车 我不想迟到
It’ll take me time to walk the five blocks ,wait for the bus. I don’t want to be late.
我迟到的话 卡尔会抓狂的
Cal gets mad when I’m late.
让我开车送你
Let me drive you.
不用 好的
No. Yes.
谢谢
Please.
嗯 谢谢你的果饼
Well, thank you for the tarts.
实在是太太好吃了
They were unbelievably delicious.
无法用语言表达的好吃
“Delicious” is not even a good enough word for what they are. They…
我是说你做的东西简直不象人间的烟火
I mean, what you do with food is…
只能意会 无法言传
unearthly. It’s sensual.
其他人有如此赏识它们吗?
Does anybody else appreciate?
你太客气了
You’re welcome.
那么…
So, um…
我们? 我是说 那么我们?
do we? I mean, what do we?
波马特医生 我会打电♥话♥给你的
Dr. Pomatter, I’ll call you
我能…
can I…
如果我有任何疑虑的话
if I have any questions or concerns.
“厄尔因外遇杀了我派”
“Earl murders me ’cause I’m having an affair pie.”
你把黑莓和树莓一起捣碎
You smash blackberries and raspberries
放在巧克力派底中
into a chocolate crust.
“外遇有罪别让厄尔杀我派”
“I can’t have no affair because it’s wrong and I don’t want earl to kill me pie.”
香草奶油裹以香蕉 (香蕉在此很微妙 原谅我的邪恶)
Vanilla custard with banana.
不要香蕉
Hold the banana.
你无家可归吗?
Don’t you have no home?
对不起 你说什么?
Excuse me. What?
我怀疑你是不是因为无家可归
I’m wondering if you have to sleep outside my diner,
而在我的餐厅门口过了一夜
’cause maybe you don’t have no home.
我有家
I have a home.
好的
Right,
我记得还有个坏丈夫
and a bad husband, I remember.
你的口红花的满脸都是
You got lipstick all over your face.
什么
What?
你的口红花了
Your lipstick is all smudged,
就像你刚跟谁来了个热吻
like someone gave you a good one.
我现在要进去了
I’m going inside now.
等你把战场都打扫干净了
Once you’re done wiping away all your indiscretions,
我会坐在我的老位置
I’ll be sitting in my booth
要一杯鲜榨橙汁不加冰
wanting fresh-squeezed orange juice, no ice,
还有一份”西班牙舞者派”
and a “Spanish dancer pie”
盖以土豆面
with potato crust.
你要的来了
Here you go.
“亲爱的伊丽莎白” 你知道这个专栏吗?
“Dear Elizabeth…” do you know this column?
针对孤独的单身人群而设的
It’s for the lonely hearts.
亲爱的伊丽莎白
“Dear Elizabeth.
我的丈夫爱上了另一个女人
“My husband fell in love with another woman
就在他工作的地方
“from his workplace.
我想自杀
“I want to kill myself.
我想要写下
“I want to write
最完美的遗言
“the perfect suicide note
好让他知道他给我带来的痛苦
“that would let him know just how much pain he has caused me.
我在想你能否给我些建议
“I’m wondering if you can dispense any advice
如何写这份自杀遗言
“on composing a suicide note
好沉重打击我的无良丈夫
“that would harm my snake of a husband
和他的蛇蝎荡♥妇♥女友
“and his slut girlfriend the most.
你真诚的 被背叛的读者 来自比洛西市
Yours truly-betrayed in Biloxi.”
伊丽莎白只是胡诌了些让她别自杀的话
Elizabeth just gives her some nonsense about not killing herself.
我喜欢把快乐建立在别人的痛苦之上
I love living vicariously through the pain and suffering of others.
我一点都不相信你的说辞
I don’t believe for one second you’re as mean as you play.
你给我的小费比任何人给的都多
You tip me better than anyone.
你知道什么?
Oh, what do you know?
杯子空了 给我倒点水
Bring me more water for this empty glass.
不要
No!
不 不
No. No.
妈妈
Mommy!
我怎么说的?
What did I say?

No.
好的 那就停下好吗 甜心?
All right, now stop it, sugar, please?
好吧 你可以喝巧克力牛奶 好了吗?
Okay, you can have chocolate milk, okay?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!