我要读读那些信
I have to read those letters.
-好吧 -我知道听上去很疯狂
– OK… – I know it sounds crazy.
-你怎么想的啊 -我就说我是作家
– What are you thinking? – I’ll say I’m a writer,
-要写本书 -好吧 我想想办法
– that I’m writing a book. – OK. Let me see what I can do.
谢谢你 谭谭
OK. Thanks, Tenten.
我要去巴黎
I’ve decided to go to Paris.
挺浪漫啊
Sounds romantic.
谭谭帮我安排了
Tenten arranged a meeting for me,
与穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·阿尔-法耶的会面
with Mohammed Al Fayed.
见他干嘛
Mohammed Al Fayed?
显然 他还有几百封信
Apparently he has hundreds of letters,
没有出♥售♥
that he decided not to sell.
你干嘛要读这些信
Why do you need to read them?
有些事 我需要弄清
I need to find something out.
谢谢你
Thank you.
巴黎 莫里斯酒店
公爵夫妇真的曾在那间套房♥下榻吗
Did the duke and duchess really stay in this suite?
女士 “温莎公爵夫妇套房♥”
Madame, why else would we call it
可不是随便乱叫的
“The Duke and Duchess of Windsor Suite?”
是啊
Right.
请带这位女士去公爵夫妇套房♥
Please show Madame the Duke and Duchess’s Suite.
-我会在外面等您 女士 -谢谢
– I shall wait outside, madam. – Merci.
接线员吗
Hello, operator,
请帮我接伦敦白金汉宫
I’d like to place a call to Buckingham Palace, London.
我是温莎公爵 巴黎来电
It’s the Duke of Windsor, calling from Paris.
当然是急事
Yes, it’s urgent!
我知道他很忙
I know how busy he is.
但可否请你提醒他
But would you please rem ind him
他先是我的弟弟 然后才是国王
before he was king he was my brother.
好吧 你就继续责怪唐宁街
Right. You keep placing the blame on Downing Street.
唐宁街又埋怨白金汉宫 而与此同时
Downing Street places it on the Palace. In the meantime,
我和公爵夫人却还是无法回英国
the duchess and I are no closer to coming home to England.
陛下
Your Majesty,
1939年 白金汉宫
温莎公爵殿下 巴黎来电
His Royal Highness, the Duke of Windsor is calling from Paris.
-他说是急事 -告诉他国王公务缠身
– He says it’s urgent. – Tell him the king is otherwise engaged.
你知道他要跟你说什么
You know what he’s calling about
你去跟他谈 一定会被他说服
and you’ll give in if you speak to him.
-他是我哥哥 -现在最怕的就是
– He’s my brother. – The last thing you need
你那个纳粹哥哥
is your brother, the Nazi,
带着他的荡♥妇♥妻子满英国转悠
dashing around England with that trollop of a wife.
他并不知道 谁都没想到
He didn’t know. Nobody knew!
他们同席进餐 依我看这就足够危险了
They dined together. That is enough for me.
丘吉尔还跟斯大林同席进餐呢
Churchill dined with Stalin!
我哥哥不是纳粹 你太不…
My brother is not a Nazi. You’re not being…
我们在努力维系一个帝国
We’re struggling to maintain an empire.
不能让他毁了你的光辉形象
And you’re doing so well.
-告诉他我忙 -是 陛下
– Tell him I’m busy. – Yes, Your Majesty.
真不像话
What a degradation.
我的亲弟弟不许我回英国
I’m being kept out of England by my own brother.
他们难道不明白我只想为国尽忠吗
Don’t they understand I just want to serve my country?
你还不明白吗
Don’t you understand
他们不想一个民间传奇风光回国
they don’t want a folk legend waltzing back into the country,
抢了博迪的风头
and stealing Bertie’s thunder.
-我不是什么民间传奇 -我早警告过你
– I’m not a folk legend! – I warned you this would happen.
他们甚至不许我参加大战[即二战]
I wasn’t even allowed to fight in the Great War for God’s sake.
我只能眼睁睁地看着勇士为国捐躯
I had to stand and watch while brave men died.
我放弃了那么多 他们怎么连这也不许我做
How can they deny me this, after everything I’ve given up?
你就是不听我的
You wouldn’t listen to me.
我早说过他们不会接受你娶我
I warned you they would never accept me as your wife,
不管我有没有称号♥
with or without a title.
现任英王和政♥府♥通过了英皇制诰 不许称公爵夫人为殿下
现在我们无处可去
Now we’ve got nowhere to go.
作为世界上最著名的闲人到处逛
What kind of life do you think we’re going to have,
等待我们的将是什么样的日子
wandering around as the world’s most celebrated parasites!
至少你们还有彼此
At least you have each other.
这不是童话故事 醒醒吧
This isn’t some kind of fairy tale. Wake up!
蒙塔古是沃利斯娘家姓氏
蒙塔古女士
Madame Montague?
阿尔-法耶先生在等你 请跟我来
Monsieur Al Fayed is expecting you. Please come with me.
我听说您收藏保存了一些
I read that you kept a collection of letters
公爵夫妇的信件
from the duke and the duchess.
没错 有几百封 保存完好
Yes. Hundreds. And in amazing condition.
这些信你怎么没有拍卖♥♥
Why didn’t you put those up for auction?
蒙塔古女士
Miss Montague…
如果你买♥♥下个墨水瓶
…when you buy an inkpot
或是件晚装 你不能随意解读
or a dress you cannot add to it an opinion.
可你去读一封信
But when someone reads a letter,
尤其是私信
especially an intimate one,
一切都会豁然开朗
this is open to interpretation.
能否让我看看这些信
Would it be possible for me to look at them?
我一般不会给别人看
I don’t generally show them to anyone.
阿尔-法耶先生
Mr. Al Fayed,
我完全理解也尊重您的意思
I completely understand and respect everything you’ve said.
我只是认为很有必要
It’s just I think it’s important
从她的角度去讲述这段往事
to tell the story from her point of view.
她只是个外国女子
From the point of view of the foreigner…
爱上了一个王子
…who fell in love with a royal.
人们只看到他为她做的牺牲
People seem to only focus on what he gave up for her.
却忘了她的牺牲
But what about what she gave up?
是没人想过这一点
They never consider that.
让我考虑一下吧
Let me think about it.
你会在巴黎待多久
How much longer will you be staying in Paris?
待到你同意为止
As long as it takes for you to say yes.
认识你很高兴 蒙塔古小姐
It was a pleasure meeting you, Miss Montague.
我也是 穆♥罕♥默♥德♥
You too, Mohammed.
你好 女士 有一通你的留言
Bonjour Madam. There is a message for you,
-阿尔-法耶先生办公室来的 -谢谢
– from the office of Monsieur Al Fayed. – Merci.
布洛涅森林公园
阿尔-法耶先生为不能亲自前来表示歉意
Monsieur Al Fayed apologized that he can’t be here.
信件在桌上的那个盒子里
The letters are in that box on the table.
谢谢
Thank you.
我不打扰您了
I will leave you alone.
“亲爱的贝姨
“Dearest Aunt B…
我们周四抵达 又是个雨天
We arrived Thursday and once again, it’s raining.
这里真是无聊透顶 没任何消遣可言
It’s so dull for the women as there’s no form of excitement here.
亲爱的 抱歉一个月都没给你写信
Darling, I’m so sorry for not having written for a month,
但这里的生活真让我无从下笔
but I can’t begin to tell you what my life has been.
公爵还在为他家人的做法感到沮丧
The Duke remains despondent by the behavior of his family.
人们总是谣传我们支持希♥特♥勒♥
The constant whisperings that we supported Hitler
和他恶魔般的行为 真是荒谬
and his diabolical behavior are preposterous.
谣言如阴云般笼罩着我们
The rumors hang over us like a black cloud.
虽然我努力逗他开心
In spite of my efforts to cheer him up,
他总是难以安抚
he’s often inconsolable.
有时我觉得只能向你吐苦水
Sometimes it seems I have no one but you to lighten my burden.
贝茜姨妈 我很羞愧地承认
Aunt Bessie, I feel ashamed to admit
他一刻不停地纠缠令我窒息
I feel suffocated by his constant attention.
他像个孩子似的
Like a child, he continues
一直在哀叹自己一无是处
to bemoan his lack of usefulness.
此事因我而起 可我又如何能改变
Yet, how can I change that which I caused?
他利用我摆脱自己的牢笼
He used me to escape his prison
却给我筑起了高墙
only to incarcerate me in my own.
美国媒体基本上已毁了我们的生活
The US press has practically ruined two people’s lives,
却仍然阴魂不散
however, they go on, hounding away.
这确实让人情绪低落
It does get one’s morale down.
我真厌倦了这一切
But I’m so tired of it all.
就连心脏也犯了毛病
Even my heart has been acting up
我一整周都卧床休息
and I’ve been put to bed for a week’s complete rest.
不接电♥话♥ 不见人
No calls, no callers.
无论走到哪里 情势似乎都每况愈下
Everything everywhere seems to get worse and worse,
真让人不禁觉得抑郁
and you can’t help but be depressed by it all.
我们净遇到些不愉快的事
We have nothing but a series of unpleasant business.
我昨夜以泪洗面

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!