倾国之恋
有人说
Some people called it
这是20世纪最伟大的爱恋
the greatest love story of the 20th century.
国王为了深爱的女人放弃江山
The king who gave up his throne for the woman he loved.
众所周知 沃利斯·辛普森姿色平平
Wallis Simpson, as she was known,was not
亦非富有天下或是出身高贵
distinguished by great beauty, money or class.
却在其40岁时 引起一场宪♥政♥危机
But 40 years later she would spark a constitutional crisis,
英国国王 爱德华八世决定
when the King of England, Edward VIII, decided to abdicate,
为这个两度离婚的美国女人放弃王位
in order to marry this twice-divorced American woman.
失去江山并被驱逐
Exiled and stripped of a kingdom,
他们受封温莎公爵与公爵夫人
they become the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.
这段传奇恋情流传至今
Their romantic legend lives on today.
沃利 是我 我还在华盛顿
Hey, Wally, it’s me. I’m still in DC.
今晚赶不回来了
I’m not gonna make it back tonight.
我还没有开始演讲
I haven’t even made my speech yet.
我得挂了 明天见
Gotta run. I’ll see you tomorrow.
爱你
Love you.
沃利斯和温菲尔德·斯宾塞
1924年 上海
沃利斯在遇见王子前
Wallis had been married twice,
沃利与威廉·温斯洛普
1998年 曼哈顿
有过两段婚姻
before her romance with the Prince.
她的第一任丈夫
Her first husband,
海军上尉温菲尔德·斯宾塞伯爵
Navy Lieutenant Earl Winfield Spencer,
在1924年把她带去了异国风韵的上海
swept Wallis off to the exotic world of Shanghai in 1924.
三年后婚姻宣告破裂
The marriage ended in divorce three years later.
沃利斯
Wallis?!
沃利斯 你♥他♥妈♥在哪
Wallis?! Where the fuck are you?
我在洗澡
I’m in the bath!
我的晚饭呢 我饿了
Where’s my dinner? I’m hungry!
不许让我等着
Don’t you tell me to wait!
我现在就要吃饭
I want my food now.
我等了你6个小时
I waited six hours for you.
温 别伤到肚里的孩子
Win, not the baby!
我饿了
I’m hungry.
这种情况很特殊 沃利
This is a very unusual situation, Wally.
我有什么选择
Well, what are my options?
你才28岁
You’re only 28.
你可以选择放松 然后继续尝试
One of your options would be to relax and keep trying.
我们已经结婚6年了
We’ve been married six years.
从没用过安全措施
We’ve never used birth control.
我想尝试试管婴儿
I’d like to start IVF.
你丈夫呢 他愿意一起来吗
What about your husband? Would he be willing to come in?
-也许我们可以 -不 他不会来的
– There could be something… – No. He wouldn’t.
他说大学时曾让女朋友怀过孕
He says he got his girlfriend pregnant in college.
但是 试管婴儿对于你这样年龄的女性来说
Still, IVF is a very aggressive approach
需要慎重考虑
for a woman of your age.
也许我可以给你介绍一个营养学家
Perhaps I could refer you to a nutritionist?
或者您和您丈夫可以去度假
Or maybe you and your husband could go away on a vacation?
我丈夫不度假
My husband doesn’t take vacations.
抱歉 各位 我想致祝酒词
Excuse me, everyone, I would like to make a toast.
我知道之前在颁奖仪式我已经说过
I know you heard it earlier at the awards ceremony,
但我想再次感谢你 威廉
but I would like to personally thank you, William,
我代表所有病童 为你的辛勤工作
for all of your hard work on behalf of terminally ill children
不断付出和为基金会所做贡献 向你致敬
and for your tireless effort and support for our foundation.
你本可选择做精神科医生
You could easily make a fortune as a shrink,
为权贵治病赚大钱
treating the problems of the rich and shameless.
有权有势的人不好吗
What’s wrong with the rich and shameless?!
好极了 达芙妮
Absolutely nothing, Daphne,
只要你们一直给我们捐钱就好
as long as you keep writing the checks.
敬威尔士王子一样的人物
To our very own Prince of Wales,
威廉·温斯洛普医生
Dr. William Winthrop.
敬威廉
To William!
你的丈夫 简直堪称完美
Your husband, what can I say?
慷慨 智慧 还那么英俊
Generous, smart, and PS, gorgeous!
你真幸运
Lucky you.
沃利
Wally.
-沃利 -阿♥拉♥贝拉
– Wally. – Arabella.
最近好吗
How are you?
-你一定很为威廉骄傲吧 -很荣幸
– You must be so proud of William. – It’s such an honor.
你们到底怎样才肯
What’s it going to take to
在暑假时来汉普顿度假呢
get you two down to the Hamptons this summer?
埃德加都感觉你们讨厌我们了
Edgar’s starting to think you don’t like us!
怎么会
That’s not true.
我真希望我能说服威廉周末放个假
I just wish I could get William to go away for the weekend.
他舍不得离开他的病人
He never wants to leave his patients.
这奖项于他 真是实至名归
Well, that’s why he wins the awards.
-你真是幸运 -谢谢 里面见
– You are such a lucky girl. – Thank you. I’ll see you inside.
她叫贝茜·沃利斯·沃菲尔德
Her name was Bessie Wallis Warfiield.
1♥8♥9♥6年6月19日出生在南方一个贫困家庭
She was born into a poor, southern family on June 19th, 1♥8♥9♥6.
40年后 英国国王
Forty years later, the King of England,
帅气勇猛的爱德华八世
the handsome and dashing Edward VIII,
与她坠入爱河 并决定迎娶这位美国女人
fell in love and decided to marry this American woman.
明天 苏富比拍卖♥♥行将为他们的私人财产举♥行♥预展
Tomorrow, Sotheby’s begins previewing their impressive estate.
展品现归穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·阿尔-法耶所有
An estate now owned by Mohammed Al Fayed,
哈罗德百货:全球只此一家 位于伦敦
他也是哈罗德百货最具争议性的所有者
the colorful and controversial owner of Harrods in London.
苏富比拍卖♥♥行表示
Sotheby’s says they will be
他们将拍卖♥♥44000多件物品
auctioning off more than 44,000 pieces of history.
每件都有一个精彩的浪漫爱情故事
Objects which tell a tale of luxury and romance.
那个金发美女是谁
Who’s the blonde?
什么金发美女
What blonde?
你整晚都在和她聊天
The one you were talking to all night?
我今晚和很多人都聊天了
I talked to a lot of people tonight.
除了我
Everyone but me.
是你的新女友吗
Is that your new girlfriend?
你是我的新女友
You’re my new girlfriend.
真好笑
Very funny.
温莎公爵与公爵夫人私人物品展览
这不是苏富比头号♥美女研究员吗
Well, if it isn’t Sotheby’s number one research hotshot.
-谭谭 -哦 老天
– Tenten! – Oh, my God.
-我好想念你在这的时候 -我也是
– I miss having you around! – I miss being here.
开什么玩笑
Oh, please! What do you
总加班又不给加班费有什么好怀念的
miss about being overworked and underpaid?
-一切都值得怀念 -你看起来很不错
– Everything. – You look great!
布鲁克斯小姐让你去处理手提箱简介
Miss Brooks needs help with the luggage vignette.
你不许走 得跟我好好聊聊
Don’t you dare leave without filling me in.
我要八卦已婚妇女的全部生活
I want to hear everything, married lady.
好的
All right.
1948年 布洛涅森林公园
-玛丽 -是 夫人
– Marie? -Qui, Madame?
用短蜡烛
Use the shorter candles.
是 夫人
Oui, Madame.
火焰要与眼齐高 这样看起来更优雅
The light should be at eye level to be flattering.
是 夫人
Oui, madame.
-抱歉 我不是故意的 -没事
– I’m sorry. I didn’t… – No.
没关系
It’s no problem.
我们储藏室里还有很多18世纪水晶制品
We have plenty of 18th century crystal in the back.
我记得那些是19世纪的
I believe it’s 19th century.
我今天去看了治疗不孕不育的医生
I went to the fertility doctor today.
她知道你出了什么问题吗
Does she know what’s wrong with you?
是的 她说我需要放松
Yeah, I need to relax.
我想尝试试管婴儿
I want to go through with IVF.
试管婴儿
IVF?
你不能没跟我商量就擅自作决定
You can’t make these decisions without consulting me.
你从来不在家
You’re never around.
天呐
Jesus Christ…
我们讨论的是孩子 威廉
We’re talking about children, William.

No…
是你一直在讨论孩子
You’re talking about children.
得了吧 他们都是纳粹分子
Oh, come on, they were Nazis.
起码也同情纳粹分子
Or at least Nazi sympathizers.
-谁说的 -人人都这么说
– Says who? – Everyone.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!