你见过维塔吗 邓肯
Have you seen Vita, Duncan?
不 但她肯定地回答我
No, but she answered to me affirmative
所以我预计我们很快就会
so I expect we will very soon.
莱纳德 你看见维塔了吗
Leonard, have you seen Vita?
请尽量保持冷静
Please try to keep calm.
你太迟了
You’re extremely late!
今天下午我带本和奈杰尔去看妈妈
I brought Ben and Nigel to see mother this afternoon.
当我提到我要来这里的时候
And when I mentioned I was coming here
她变得歇斯底里 并开始尖叫
she became hysterical and started screaming
关于所有那些同性恋依良心拒服兵役者
about all those homosexual conscientious objectors.
生活
Vita.
-克莱夫 这是玛丽·坎贝尔 -快乐
– Clive, this is Mary Campbell. – Pleasure.
-很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
– A pleasure to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
我一直和别人这么开放 真是个傻瓜
What a fool I’ve been to be so open with someone
谁保持自己的链隐藏从我
who kept strands of themselves hidden from me.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, darling.
我不能忍♥受这样
I can’t stand myself like this.
够了 吉尼亚
Enough now, Ginia.
这一定足够了
This must be enough.
她有说她要去哪里吗
Did she say where she was going?
她没有
She didn’t.
你对她说了什么
What did you say to her?
维塔背叛了她
That Vita had betrayed her.
你究竟为什么要这么说
Why on earth would you say that?
因为这是事实 莱纳德
Because it is the truth, Leonard.
说有毒的道理是没有用的 瓦内萨
There’s no use in telling poisonous truths, Vanessa.
一点也没有 最不是去维吉尼亚
None at all. Least of all to Virginia.
你知道的
You know that.
弗吉尼亚
Virginia?
伦纳德
Leonard..
…我有一个绝妙的主意
…I’ve had the most wonderful idea.
你知道我怎么好几个星期没说完了
You know how I haven’t been able to screw a word out for weeks.
没有想法 什么都没有 然后突然
No ideas, nothing, then suddenly..
它像鳍从水里升起一样来到我身边
it came to me like a fin rising out of the water.
我冲了回来 我把笔浸在墨水里
I rushed back here, I dipped my pen in ink
我几乎自动写了
and I wrote almost automatically.
“奥兰多 传记”
“Orlando, A Biography.”
谁是奥兰多
Who is Orlando?
一个16世纪的男人 也是个女人
A 16th century man who’s also a woman.
我需要让她谈谈那些祖先
I’ll need to get her to talk about all those ancestors.

Who?
我需要让她谈谈一切
I’ll need to get her to talk about everything.
-谁 -维塔
– Who? – Vita!
奥兰多赤♥裸♥裸地站着
Orlando stood stark naked.
自从世界开始以来 没有人
No human being since the world began
曾经看起来更令人眼花缭烈
has ever looked more ravishing.
他的形式合二为一
His form combined in one
男人和女人的恩典的力量
the strength of a man and a woman’s grace.
我们可以利用叙述中的这个停顿
We may take advantage of this pause in the narrative
作出某些声明
to make certain statements.
奥兰多已经成为一个女人 这是无可否认的
Orlando had become a woman, there is no denying it.
在30岁的时候 这位年轻的贵族
At the age of 30, this young nobleman
不仅有每一个经验
had not only had every experience
生活所提供的
that life has to offer
但看到他们所有无价值
but had seen the worthlessness of them all.
爱和野心
Love and ambition
妇女和诗人都同样徒劳
women and poets were all equally vain.
文学是一场闹剧
Literature was a farce.
两件事情单独留在他 他现在把任何信任
Two things alone remained to him in which he now put any trust
狗和自然
dogs and nature
一只猎犬和一朵玫瑰花丛
an elkhound and a rosebush.
世界的多样性
The world in all its variety
生活的复杂性
life in all its complexity
已经缩小到这一点
had shrunk to that.
你要把我塑造成奥兰多的形状
You’re going to project me into the shape of this Orlando?
是的 都是关于你的
Yes, it’s all about you.
你肉体的光泽和你心灵的诱惑
Lusts of your flesh and the lure of your mind.
你会像箭一样射穿时间
You’ll shoot through time like an arrow.
你会是一个男人 一个女人 一个古老 一个现代人
You’ll be a man, a woman, an ancient, a modern.
-你觉得呢 -你有什么乐趣
– What do you think? – What fun for you?
这是一个富有想象力的传记
It is to be a sort of imaginative biography.
将会有你祖先的肖像
There will be portraits of your ancestors
照片 插图
photographs, illustrations.
你必须把它献给你的受害者
And you must dedicate it to your victim.
我需要经常见你
And I’ll need to see you frequently.
坐下来看着你 让你说话
To sit and look at you, get you to talk
纠正任何可疑的点
correct any doubtful points.
我想再次解开和扭曲
I should like to untwine and twist again
非常奇怪 不协调的股
the very odd, incongruous strands in you.
罗伊和玛丽说他们没有热水
Roy and Mary say they’ve no hot water.
我应该派帕森斯去给他们吗
Shall I send Parsons over to them?
-是的 哈吉亲爱的 -你好 维吉尼亚
– Yes, Hadji darling. – Hello, Virginia.
罗伊和玛丽·坎贝尔住在我们男孩的小屋里
Roy and Mary Campbell are staying in our boys’ cottage.
为什么不呢
And why not?
维吉尼亚 我想解释一下玛丽的事
Virginia, I would like to explain about Mary.
自 道歉
To… apologize.
不 请不要 那会让我厌烦的
No, please don’t. It would bore me.
如果你把自己交给玛丽
If you’ve given yourself to Mary
我再没事了
I’ll have no more to do with you.
因此 它应该写清楚
So it shall be written plainly
全世界都在”奥兰多”里阅读
for all the world to read in “Orlando.”
我不能建立一个完美的关系
I’m incapable of creating one perfect relationship.
我这辈子都努力过 但都失败了
I’ve tried and failed at doing so my whole life.
太乱了 不是吗
It is a terrible muddle, isn’t it?
是的
Yes.
但任何你想采取的复仇
But any vengeance you want to take
会躺在你的手准备
will lie ready to your hand.
现在
Now..
…你最大的幻灭时刻是什么时候
…when was the moment of your greatest disillusionment?
我第一次看到阴♥茎♥
The first time I saw a penis.
内萨亲爱的 它看起来像诺尔
Nessa darling, it’s supposed to look like Knole.
它看起来像诺尔
It does look like Knole.
你不觉得它看起来像诺尔吗 邓肯
Don’t you think it looks like Knole, Duncan?
我不会卷入其中的
I’m not getting in the middle of this.
这和你不一样
That’s unlike you.
我不认为你是认真的把
I didn’t think you were serious about putting
我在《弗吉尼亚》这本书里的真实照片
real photographs of me in the book, Virginia.
我希望”奥兰多”感觉它可能是真的
I want “Orlando” to feel as if it could be true.
降低
Lower.
我确实觉得很暴露
I do feel rather exposed.
这正是我们想要你的方式
And that’s exactly how we want you.
静下坐 维塔我们让你看起来完美
Sit still, Vita. We’ve just got you looking perfect.
她看起来不完美吗 内萨 嗯
Doesn’t she look perfect, Nessa, hm?
嗯 看起来太棒了 我想
Hmm. It’s looking marvelous, I think.
好吧 维塔 如果你想放松一下
Well, Vita, if you’d try to relax a little
看起来会更好
it would look even better.
我努力地努力 我向你保证 瓦内萨
I’m trying jolly hard, I assure you, Vanessa.
你认为你一定比别人更强大吗
Do you think you have to feel more powerful than someone
被他们性吸引
to be sexually attracted to them?
我的天 多么的问题
My goodness, what a question.
你确实有征服者对你的看法
You do have the air of the conqueror about you.
我想它确实给我带来了巨大的快乐…
I suppose it does give me immense pleasure…
给疼痛
To give pain?
你认为你自己是好还是坏
Do you think yourself good or bad?
太惨了 哈吉
It was miserable, Hadji.
在一块不足的粉红色子的一块子上
Draped in an inadequate piece of pink satin
我所有的衣服都滑落了
with all my clothes slipping off
而他们采取了无尽的照片
whilst they took endless photographs.
维吉尼亚很激动 但我不禁感慨
Virginia was thrilled, but I couldn’t help feeling
压倒性的逃跑欲望
an overwhelming urge to escape.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!