你们大家多么可爱 让我加入你们
How lovely of you all to allow me to join you.
别傻了
Don’t be silly.
它是如此甜蜜 你自♥由♥了
It’s so sweet that you were free.
嗯 不要只是站在那里 一些事都上来
Well, don’t just stand there. Do come up.
我会把这个熨的 伍尔夫夫人
I’ll take this to be ironed, Mrs. Woolf.
-小心 -非常好
– Behave. – It’s very good.

Really.
你觉得这个地方怎么样 伍尔夫夫人
What do you think of this place, Mrs. Woolf?
维塔告诉我你很难给人留下深刻印象
Vita tells me you’re damn hard to impress.
我希望我们都通过
I do so hope we all pass muster.
过去在这里表现 而不是愚蠢和被遗忘
The past is expressive here, not dumb and forgotten.
几个世纪以来 似乎都亮了起来
All the centuries seem lit up.
所有关于这个地方
All about the place
一群人站在你身后
a crowd of people stand behind you
一点也不死
not dead at all.
你是多么的晦涩
How obscure you are.
我想你听了有点太专注了
I think you’ve listened a little too intently
你听到的关于我的事
to what you’ve heard about me.
原谅我的缺点 维吉尼亚
Forgive me my faults, Virginia.
它们是愚蠢的表面事物
They are silly surface things.
我想给你看个地方
I want to show you a place
那对我来说真的意味着什么
that really means something to me.
这就是我结婚的地方
This is where I got married.
它必须感到非常神圣
It must feel very sacred.
婚姻
Marriage..
…这个地方举♥行♥的仪式
…a ritual performed on this spot
永久撕毁我离开这个地方
permanently tore me apart from this place.
一出戏.
A play..
…其中 我的一部分是无能为力
…in which my part was to be powerless
从一行人到另一行
to be passed from one line of men to another.
但你爱哈罗德吗
But you do love Harold?
当然 我当然会 谢谢你
Of course, I do. Very much.
但是这房♥子 它让我.
But this house, it made me.
我们的分离一直是我最大的痛苦
Our separation has been my greatest pain.
这是我的灵魂所在 我的家人在哪里
It is where my soul is, where my family are.
我被骗出了家门
I’ve been cheated out of my home.
我不能仅仅因为我是女人就拥有她
I cannot have her simply because I am a woman.
好像我和情人有染多年了
It’s as though for years I’ve had an affair with a lover
从来没有完全属于我
who never belonged to me entirely.
我们被愚蠢的古代法律逼散了
We’ve been forced apart by stupid, ancient laws
我只能去看她
and I can only visit her.
你没事吧 维吉尼亚
Are you alright, Virginia?
是的 我很好
Yes, I’m fine.
她在哪
Where is she?
和疯帽子 我想
With the Mad Hatter, I suppose.
你确定你感觉好点了吗 维吉尼亚
Are you sure you’re feeling better, Virginia?
我确定
I’m sure.
伦纳德会对我生气的
Leonard will be furious with me.
你为什么带多蒂和杰弗里来
Why did you bring Dottie and Geoffrey?

I..
我不能
I can’t.
我试过了
I’ve tried..
…与伦纳德
…with Leonard..
…但是在…我 我
…but I… I… I..
…方式已经成长后 他
…manner had grown upon him
他在比赛中只拿了一点零分
and he took little parts in the games.
穿着饼干的孩子们
The children wearing the spoils of their crackers
跳舞和喧闹的喧闹
danced and romped noisily.
我想知道我能否呈现你的一幅画
I wonder if I could render one of your paintings
成散文
into prose.
你很难得到灵感
You’re hardly wanting for inspiration.
“达洛威夫人”一直备受赞赏
“Mrs. Dalloway” has been so much admired.
你高兴吗
Are you pleased?
是的
Yes.
我有时写得很好
I do write damned well sometimes.
几乎和妹的画一样好 你觉得呢
Almost as well as your sister paints, do you think?
从来 没有
Never.
但几乎总是比你好
But almost consistently better than you do.
维塔是怎么想的
What does Vita think?
这不重要 我钦佩的不是她的头脑
It doesn’t matter. It’s not her mind I admire.
诺尔到底发生了什么
What exactly happened at Knole?
她给了我一种母性保护
She lavishes a kind of maternal protection on me
但她的友谊从未与欲望不无关系
but her friendship is never untinged with desire.
我想知道他们到底怎么处理对方
I wonder what exactly they do with one another
这些sapphist
these sapphists.
我真的无法想象
I really can’t imagine.
内萨 当然 你可以 一定很精彩
Nessa, of course, you can. It must be marvelous.
所有这些天鹅绒曲线碰撞
All those velvet curves colliding.
然而 放弃实际渗透似乎确实很可惜
It does seem a shame to forfeit actual penetration though.
你凭什么认为他们放弃了
And what makes you think they forfeit that?
但是你喜欢她 维吉尼亚
But do you like her, Virginia?
我喜欢她…成熟
I like her… maturity..
…和她的丰满
…and her voluptuousness.
你觉得我有什么问题吗
Do you think there’s something wrong with me?
有东西断开了
Something disconnected?
你能够得到如此多的爱
You are capable of so much love.
一个有空间 为许多不同的色调
And one has room for many different shades of it.
事实是我担心我不太允许
The truth is I worry I’m not quite allowed
以和你一样的方式渴望
to desire in the same way as you.
你知道 性不是最重要的
Sex isn’t the most important thing, you know.
当人们很容易的时候 人们就是这么说的
That’s what people say when it’s easy for them.
我并不是打算做外交官的妻子
I was not intended to be just a diplomat’s wife.
你就是这个
Well, that is what you are
其中许多其他的东西
amongst a great many other things
我从来没有反对过
which I’ve never objected to.
但在德黑兰 我会
But in Tehran, I will have
比以往更多的责任
more responsibilities than ever before
没有妻子我就不能在那里
and I cannot be there without a wife.
妻子 你不必用这种毒液管理这个词
Wife? You needn’t administer the word with such venom.
-我把这个词当作事实来传递 -那我要扮演这个角色
– I deliver the word as fact. – So I’m to play the role?
什么是妻子 如果不是一个角色
What is a wife if not a role?
我要和人们一起
And I’m to be thrown together with people
与谁 我没有什么共同点
with whom I have nothing in common
除了我们碰巧发现自己身处的地方
except the place we happen to find ourselves in?
是的 德黑兰将大同大异
Yes, Tehran will be much the same
作为我的任何其他职位
as any of my other postings.
这次我受不了
I can’t bear it this time.
哦 我很抱歉外交官和他们的妻子
Oh, I’m sorry that diplomats and their wives
不要谈论交♥配♥
don’t talk about copulation
和你的朋友一样准备
with the same readiness as your friends.
我会感到更快乐
And I’d feel a great deal happier
如果你有一段时间没见你的朋友
if you didn’t see your friends for a while.
他们无所事事
They make nothing but muddles.
我现在一点没毛思来
I’m not in any muddle at the moment.
-杰弗里 -这从来就没什么了
– Geoffrey? – That was never anything much.
他很乐意回到他那烦人的妻子家
And he’s quite happily gone back to his tiresome wife.
-多萝西 -我没见过她
– Dorothy? – I haven’t seen her.
你的女仆法国的那个哇…她叫什么
Your maid. The French one. Wh… what was she called?
-Knees不 -维奥莱特
– Genoux. No. – Violet?
我甚至不知道她在哪儿
I don’t even know where she is.
维吉尼亚呢
And Virginia?
这不是一个混乱 永远不会
That is not a muddle and never can be.
她完全无法实现
She’s utterly unattainable.
这让她更令人向往
Which makes her even more desirable.
你知道 我不禁认为 这种愤怒的显示
You know, I can’t help but think that this furious display
更多的是与时间而不是职责
has more to do with the timing than the duties
你多年来一直快乐地表演
you’ve more than happily performed for years.
上帝禁止我把你带走
God forbid I should wrench you away
从你珍贵的天才无效
from your precious genius invalid.
哈罗德 请别说了
Harold, please stop this.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!