我有吗
Do I?
该死
Damn it.
你必须记住 弗吉尼亚是脆弱的
You must remember that Virginia is vulnerable
在所有这些辉煌之下
under all of that brilliance.
我受不了这个念头
I can’t bear the thought
给你带来任何痛苦
of having caused you any pain at all.
为什么你有这么多的艺术保持这么多自己
Why have you such an art of keeping so much of yourself
你的袖子
up your sleeve?
我怀疑 即使在20年后
I suspect even after 20 years
还是会有事要展开的
there’d still be something to be unfolded.
最后一层未解起
Some last layer not uncoiled.
这些抢走的时刻与你是恼人的
These snatched moments with you are exasperating.
见见我 所以我们可以有另一个
Meet me so we may have another.
我试着在家里找到你 但伦纳德说你在这里
I tried to find you at home, but Leonard said you were here.
我不认为我能照顾一个单一的孤独的事情
I don’t think I could ever care for one single solitary thing
和伦纳德关心你一样多的焦点
with as much focus as Leonard cares for you.
我喜欢狂野、广阔和复杂的东西
I like things wild and vast and complicated.
-我听说了 -我有东西要给你
– So I hear. – I have something for you.
和平献祭 不要试图抗拒
A peace offering, and don’t try to resist
因为我遇到了很多麻烦
because I’ve gone to a lot of trouble.
他们来自开罗
They’re from Cairo.
启发我的蓝有色眼镜
The blue- tinted spectacles that inspired me
写关于你的”诱惑者”
to write “Seducers” about you.
“阿瑟·洛马克斯发现 他不再敢
“Arthur Lomax found that he no longer dared
“删除他的眼镜
“to remove his spectacles.
现实主义不再是他
Realism was no longer for him.”
一个无畏的冒险家 在激♥情♥中交易
A fearless adventurer who trades in passion
痛苦和幻想
pain and fantasy?
亚瑟·洛马克斯就是你 维塔
Arthur Lomax is you, Vita.
你只是专门给我”诱惑” 你不明白吗
You just dedicated “Seducers” to me, don’t you see?
-多么不安 -什么
– How unsettling. – What?
你似乎比我更了解我的工作
That you seem to understand my work better than I do.
当我读你的作品时 我不知道
When I read your work, I don’t know
是沮丧还是鼓励
whether to be dejected or encouraged.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
沮丧 因为我将永远无法写这样的
Dejected because I shall never be able to write like that
或鼓励 因为别人可以
or encouraged because somebody else can.
-一些事要保持下去 -什么
– Do keep it up. – What?
相信我能成就一切
The belief that I achieve things.
我需要它
I have need of it.
我被你的写作迷住了
I am bewitched by your writing.
这让我害怕你
It makes me afraid of you.
一切都是节奏
It’s all rhythm.
一旦你得到 你不能使用错误的词
Once you get that, you can’t use the wrong words.
一个景象 一种情感 在头脑中产生一波
A sight, an emotion, creates a wave in the mind
很久以前 你有的话来形容它
long before you have the words to describe it.
写作时 这是你必须重新捕获的
When writing, that is what you must recapture.
那波在头脑中破碎和翻滚
That wave as it breaks and tumbles in the mind.
如果你听 它会使文字适合它
If you listen, it will make the words to fit it.
我必须回去
I must get back.
我只待了这么久
I only stayed out this long
因为伦纳德在读”达洛威夫人”
because Leonard’s reading “Mrs. Dalloway”
我无法忍♥受在那里
and I couldn’t bear to be there.
太好了 吉尼亚你没事吧
Goodness, Ginia. Are you alright?
是的
Yes.
告诉我你怎么想
Just tell me what you think.
这是你最好的
It’s your best yet.
绝对是最好的
Absolutely the best.
你不应该那么害怕 尤其是我所想的
You shouldn’t be so fearful, specially of what I think.
“你住在查尔斯顿的状态
“The state in which you live at Charleston
“不是现代的 而是不道德的
“is not modern but immoral.
“让你的婚姻的废话
“And making a nonsense of your marriage
“通过编织你的生活与一个男人
“by knitting your life together with a man
“谁不是你的丈夫
“who is not your husband.
你知道 当然 格兰特先生是一个同性恋
You know, of course, Mr. Grant is a homosexual.”
有什么理由认为我没有把一切都告诉克莱夫
What reason is there to think I don’t tell Clive everything?
如果有的话 你分享太多
If anything, you share too much.
我对任何事情都漠不关心
I am completely indifferent to anything
世界可能不得不说我和我的丈夫或我的孩子
the world may have to say about me and my husband or my children.
你似乎无动于衷
You seem indifferent.
我不知道你为什么笑
And I don’t know why you’re laughing!
我嘲笑你的愤怒 内萨
I’m laughing at your rage, Nessa.
我知道你不会喜欢”达洛威夫人”
I knew you wouldn’t like “Mrs. Dalloway.”
-但我确实喜欢 -不 你没有
– But I did like it. – No, you didn’t.
-就说你不喜欢 -我不会的
– Just say you didn’t like it. – I won’t.
…如果我们不解散…
…on the house if we don’t disband…
它不是一半 因为在那里放荡
It’s not half as debauched down there
她似乎认为
as she seems to think.
如果是的话 可能会很有趣
It might be fun if it were.
你住在我们家 完全按照你的意愿
You live exactly as you wish at our house.
我们也是你的房♥子
The house we have made yours too.
你怎么说这种话
How do you say such a thing?
我活得完全按照我的意愿 是吗
I live exactly as I wish, do I?
嗯 积极天使 不是吗 邓肯
Mm, positively angelic, aren’t you, Duncan?
没人强迫你住在这里
No one’s forcing you to live here.
我认为它令人眼花缭乱 回避和激怒
I thought it dazzling, evasive and infuriating.
和你一样
Exactly like you.
好吧 那你就在那儿
Well, there you are then.
内萨 我一直很欣赏你对生活的处理
Nessa, I’ve always admired your handling of life
好像这是一个东西 人们可以扔掉
as if it were a thing one can throw out.
但我想不出任何一本书
But I cannot think of any book
我会读比”普通读者”更多的阅读
I will read more often than “The Common Reader.”
有一些段落 我想知道的心
There are passages I should like to know by heart.
当然 您更喜欢”普通读者”
Of course, you prefer “The Common Reader.”
-这是容易吃的 -克莱夫
– It’s easy meat. – Clive!
-嗯 是的 -“达洛威”是东西
– Well, it is. – “Dalloway” is the thing.
它是一个有机体 它还活着
It is an organism. It is alive.
我希望你能理解这一点
I wish you could understand that.
为什么你认为我没有
Why do you think that I don’t?
因为在工作中 你执着于技术
Because in your work, you cling to technique.
你不明白 一旦你掌握了它
You don’t understand that once you’ve mastered it
你应该把它扔到空中
you should throw it up in the air
让它在人行道上粉碎
and let it smash on the pavement.
对 这一切已经足够了
Right. Enough of all this.
我需要在演播室给你看些东西
I need to show you something in the studio.
我需要我最严厉的批评者向画布开火
I need my harshest critics throwing fire at the canvas.
哦 现在来吧
Oh, now come on.
我这个周末住在诺尔
I’m staying at Knole this weekend.
跟我来 留夜
Come with me and stay the night.
不 不 不可能
No, no, impossible.
我只撕破衣服我必须在屏幕后面吃饭
I’ve only got torn clothes. I’d have to eat behind a screen.
你会为我感到羞愧的你会说一些你会后悔的话
You’d be ashamed of me. You’d say things you’ll regret.
我不认为我曾经想要任何东西
I don’t think I’ve ever wanted anything
在我的一生中 这么多
so much in my whole life.
你会对我很好吗
Would you be very kind to me?
我星期六中午来接你
I’ll pick you up on Saturday at midday.
-弗吉尼亚 -维塔
– Virginia. – Vita.
-你好 莱纳德 -你好 维塔
– Hello, Leonard. – Hello, Vita.
-安全驾驶 -别担心 莱纳德
– Drive safely. – Don’t worry, Leonard.
我们准备了三明治和香槟 是吗
We have the sandwiches and the champagne ready, do we?
-是的 -很好
– Yes. – Very good.
-我想她… -多么精致的帽子
– I think she… – What an exquisite hat.
非常勇敢
Very brave.
你好 非常欢迎你
Hello. You are very welcome.
-你好 -你好 亲爱的
– Hello! – Hello, darling.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, darling.
这是杰弗里·斯科特和多萝西·威尔斯利
This is Geoffrey Scott and Dorothy Wellesley.
我以为他们会参加我们的小聚会
I thought they’d round out our little party.
这是弗吉尼亚·伍尔夫
And this is Virginia Woolf.
可爱
Lovely.