其实
Well…
我对你的作品很好奇
I’d be curious to see your work.
真的
Really?
怎么会 我是说 你一直很针对我
Why? I mean, you are so disapproving of me.
现在对你有了深入的了解
Well, I’ve gotten to know you better.
那会很有趣的 怎么说你也是个加泰罗尼亚画家 这正是我论文的选题
It’d be interesting, and after all, you are a Catalan painter and that’s my subject.
是什么让你对加泰罗尼亚文化那么感兴趣
What gave you such an interest in Catalan culture?
这个
Well…
我14岁的时候爱上了高迪的教堂
I fell in love with Gaud’s church when I was fourteen…
然后接二连三
…and one thing led to another.
我听说你还喜欢西班牙吉他音乐
You also admire Spanish guitar, I hear.
是的 是的 我爱吉他
Yes, yes. I love the guitar.
今晚想不想去听听美妙的吉他乐
Would you like to go hear some wonderful guitar tonight?
今晚
Tonight?
这个 现在有点晚了 而且
Well, it’s a little late, and…
酒喝得有点头晕了
…I’m a little wobbly from the wine.
你说过你酒量很好
You said you could hold your alcohol.
再说 明天我们就要离开这了
Besides, we leave tomorrow.
好吧 很好
Okay, sure. Great.
真是妙不可言 谢谢 谢谢
That was unbelievable. Thank you, thank you.
我转过头看你 你看起来很感动
I was looking at your face and you looked very moved.
没错 没错 我看到那样的表情好几次了
Yes, yes. A few times, I saw a look like that.
对哦 在玛利亚·爱莲娜的脸上 我肯定
Right. On Maria Elena, I’m sure
没错 玛利亚·爱莲娜也那样 如果她看到
Well, yes, maybe on Maria Elena. If she saw…
或听到什么令她感动的 会的
…or heard something that moved her, yes.
你还是爱着她的
You’re still in love with her.
不 我不爱了 不爱了
No, I’m not, I’m not.
这种反应就说明你还爱她
That confirms it.
没有 她永远是我生命里的一部分
No, she will always be a part of me.
我生命中重要的人
She’s an important person in my life…
但是我们俩一在一起就会出问题
…but for the two of us, something was not working.
哪里出了问题
What element?
我们也不知道
We never found out.
你说你盯着我的脸看
You said you were looking at my face.
为什么
Why?
那你又为什么看我的脸
Why were you looking at mine?
我有吗
Was I?
你可能都看到我的眼泪了
You probably saw my tears.
是吧 当时感动得有点失控
Yeah…I’m a little out of control.
我看着你的脸是因为我觉得它太美了
I was looking at your face because I find it very beautiful
真的 当然是真的
You do? Of course I do.
当然是真的 你知道是真的
Of course I do. You know I do.
维琪什么也没跟克莉丝汀娜提 回去的路上她一直保持沈默
On the trip home, Vicky, who had mentioned nothing to Cristina, was silent.
相反的 克莉丝汀娜却在那紧张地滔滔不绝
Cristina, on the other hand, talked nervously.
我一定要向你们俩道歉 我破坏了我们的周末
I must apologize to both of you for ruining the whole weekend!
我真是不好意思死了 太丢脸了
I’m completely mortified! I’m humiliated.
我都不知道是酒的关系还是海鲜的关系 我得了胃溃疡
I don’t know if it was the wine, or the shellfish. Because I have this ulcer.
谢天谢地你知道那么多景点带维琪去玩
I just thank God you knew enough sights to keep Vicky occupied.
我还做了恶梦你们俩就像水与火
I had these horrible nightmares that you two would be like oil and water…
在一起的每一分钟都像折磨 可我病得动弹不得
…hating every minute of being together. I just couldn’t move.
之后维琪埋头于图书馆
Vicky buried herself in work at the library.
试图摆脱那些愚蠢的念头专心准备论文
She put foolish ideas out of her head and concentrated on her thesis.
但是她的思绪总是不受控制飘到奥维多
But she found her thoughts frequently returning to Oviedo.
克莉丝汀娜继续寻找她的表现方式
Cristina, searching for a means of selfexpression…
穿梭在巴塞罗那的街道 实践她最新的热衷项目 摄影
…wandered the streets of Barcelona, experimented with her latest passion, photography…
她觉得在琼·安东尼奥这件事上
…and believed that she had made a fool of herself…
她真是自取其辱
…exactly at the moment of truth with Juan Antonio.
然后 48个小时后克莉丝汀娜向维琪宣布了一件事
Then, 48 hours later, Cristina came to Vicky with an announcement.
维琪 他打电♥话♥来了
Vicky, he called!
什么 谁
What? Who?
琼·安东尼奥 我接完他的电♥话♥
Juan Antonio. He called me just now.
琼·安东尼奥打了电♥话♥给你
Juan Antonio called you?
是的 他想带我去葡萄园
Yeah, he wants to take me to some vineyard…
品酒什么的 我回答说:”当然可以”
…some wine tasting or something. I said, “Absolutely.”
品酒 你不是有胃溃疡吗
A wine tasting. But what about your ulcer?
哦 不用担心 喝一点点就没关系 重点是他想见我
No, it’s fine. A little wine’s not going to hurt me. The point is that he wants to see me!
是不是太棒了 是 是
Isn’t that great? Yeah, yeah.
真不敢相信 我想都想过他会打电♥话♥给我
I can’t believe it. I never thought he would call.
这不是很好嘛 真替你高兴
That’s great. I’m happy for you.
那天完全 两个女人都失眠了
That night, the two women had trouble falling asleep.
克莉丝汀娜坐在厨房♥里 喝着咖啡写她的诗
Cristina sat in the kitchen, drinking coffee and working on her poetry.
维琪沉浸在那晚的回忆中 发现它越来越不真实
Vicky, too, was lost in memories of a night that now seemed more and more unreal.
喂
Halo?
嘿 宝贝 没有吵醒你吧
Hey, babe. Did I wake you?
没 没有 我才刚躺下
No, no. I was just going to sleep.
抱歉这么迟打你电♥话♥ 办公室里真的呆不住了
Sorry I called so late. I had to get out of the office.
就出来透口气 喝杯咖啡 随便告诉你一个好消息 听听这个
Get some air, get some coffee, and I had this great idea. Check this out.
我爸联♥系♥了美国驻西班牙大使♥馆♥
Dad has contacts in the American Embassy in Spain.
我可以早点到你那了 工作可以上网 然后我们就可以在巴塞罗那结婚
I thought I’d come early, work from there on my computer and we could get married in Barcelona.
你说过那里是个很浪漫的地方 我们只要去登记一下就行了
You said it was a romantic spot. We’ll just do a quick city halltype thing.
当然回纽约后还要大摆筵席 这样肯定很有意思 你觉得呢
Of course, we’ll do it again in New York…have a huge blowout, but it’d be fun. What do you think?
什么 在这里结婚
What? To get married here?
为什么不呢 告诉孩子我们是在西班牙结婚的不是很美么
Why not? It’d be great to tell our kids we got married in Spain…
正好我爸在那的朋友可以提供很多方便
…and Dad’s friends would make it real easy for us.
我不知道该说什么
I don’t know what to say.
听起来你好像一点也不惊喜
You don’t sound bowled over.
不 只是 呃
No, it’s, uh…
我只是被惊呆了
…it’s just a surprise.
我们反正要在秋天结婚 地点在哪都没关系 我保证
We’re going to marry in the fall anyway, and we’re going to do that, too, I promise.
那为什么要在这呢
Yeah. So what’s the point?
但是在那比较有趣有新意啊 我告诉了肯和爱丽丝
The point is, it’s different, it’s exciting. I told Ken and Alice.
我先打给了他们 他们说早知道他们当初也这样做了
I called them earlier and they said they wish they’d done it.
当然 他们指的是在伦敦 不过他们对我们的做法真的很激动
I mean, London in their case, but they were excited.
是么 我 呃 .
Well, I, uh….
你好像有点不情愿
You sound a bit reluctant.
我 没有 干嘛不情愿
Me? No. Why would I be?
没有 我
No, I…
我觉得这个主意挺好 非常棒 是个好主意
…I think it’s a fine idea. I think it’s great. It’s a great idea.
没错 我想也是
Yeah, I think it’s going to be good.
我明天再打给你 我知道我吵醒你了 明天再和你详细说 爱你
I’ll call you tomorrow. I know I woke you. I’ll give you more details tomorrow. I love you so much.
琼·安东尼奥带了克莉丝汀娜去品酒
Juan Antonio took Cristina to a wine tasting.
之后 他把她带回了他漂亮的家 这房♥子是多年前他从别的画家那买♥♥来的
After, he took her back to his house, a lovely place he had purchased from another painter years ago…
现在成了他的住处和画室
…and which served as his home and his studio.
他还带她看他的画 令她非常高兴
He showed her his work, which delighted her
她爱极了他画中的色彩以及他粗犷热情的画风
She loved the colors and the wild, emotional way he applied the paint to the canvases.
从这里上一层楼就是他的卧室
From there, it was only one floor up to his bedroom.
他跟她讲起了他和玛利亚·爱莲娜的婚姻 他们俩深爱着对方
He told her of his marriage to Maria Elena, and their deep love…
却总是争吵不断
…and their terrible fights.
他还告诉她他一直不想和别人 在他和前妻的房♥间做♥爱♥ 直到现在
He told her he had not wanted to make love with anyone else in the bedroom they shared…till now.
这次 克莉丝汀娜什么也没吃
This time, Cristina kept her food down.
接着琼又带克莉丝汀娜出去了好几次
Juan took Cristina out several more times.
他带她一起去看了他朋友的雕刻
They went to see a new sculpture by a friend of his.
他还带她游玩这个城市他最爱的地方 让她拍了很多照片
He showed her some of his favorite parts of the city, where she took photographs.
琼·安东尼奥对妓♥女♥很友好 他觉得这会是个很不错的主题
Juan Antonio was friendly with all the whores and thought they would make wonderful subjects.
他很鼓励克莉丝汀娜摄影 尽管她总是羞于给他看
He encouraged Cristina’s work, although she was always too shy to allow him to see it.
他带她和他的朋友们就餐 全是诗人 艺术家和音乐家
He took her to lunch with his friends, who were poets and artists and musicians.
克莉丝汀娜也表现得落落大方
Cristina held her own quite well.
同时 一天 维琪去桂尔公园学习 (高迪最著名的建筑之一)
Meanwhile, one day, going to study yet again the Park Gell…
在这个她在论文里被定为永恒的高迪建筑前
…which Gaud had designed and which figured prominently in her thesis…
她撞到了一次偶遇
…Vicky had a chance encounter.
维琪
Vicky.
你好
Hello
你好吗 非常好 你在这里干什么
How are you? My goodness, what are you doing here?
没什么 只是来画素描
Nothing. Just doing some sketches.
哦 对
Oh, right.
我不是故意要打扰到你的
Well, I didn’t mean to disturb you.
打扰我 不 你怎么会打扰到我
Disturb me, no. How could you disturb me?
我们一直没找到机会正式道别过
We never had a chance to say a proper goodbye.
是啊 你可以打电♥话♥给我的
Well, you could have called me.
没错 我挣扎过 但又觉得有点小题大做
Yeah, I debated it. But I didn’t think there was much point.