And Dick would wait backstage with a bucket of water.
因此我进了州决赛
So I’m at the state finals,
而我扔掉了指挥棒 然后…
and I throw up the baton, and…
它没有下来
it doesn’t come down.
切尼 你在哪里找到她的
Cheney! Oh. Where did you find her?
它只会损害我们的
It is doing nothing but damage
私人医疗机构
to our private health care institutions.
但我还是获得了第二名
But I still got second place.
白人家庭 男性
White families. Males.
女人 西班牙裔美国人 少数民族
Women. Hispanics. Minorities…
你很安静 我喜欢
You’re quiet. I like that.
你不必大张旗鼓地说你有什么
You don’t go blabbing about what cards you have.
我大概一个月前错过了我的抽奖机会
I missed my flush draw about a month ago,
但每个人都认为我有同花顺
but everybody still seems to think I have pocket kings
除了他妈的霍尔德曼
except maybe fucking Haldeman.
我主要是玩红心大战 所以我不是…
Oh, I mostly play Hearts, so I’m not…
不 不 不
No, no, no.
像唐纳德·拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥这样的人
For a man like Donald Rumsfeld,
他只想从他的走狗那里得到三样东西
he only wanted three things from his lackey.
他不得不闭嘴
He had to keep his mouth shut.
照他说的去做
Do what he was told.
还有永远 永远的忠诚
And always, always be loyal.
意思是尼克松喜欢我
What it means is Nixon likes me,
但他的圈子排斥我
but his circle hates me.
不 我肯定那不是真的
No, I’m sure that’s not true.
那么 还会是什么
So, what’s it gonna be?
那是 是 还是 否 呢
Is it a “yes” or a “no”?
是 是的
It’s a “yes.”
你甚至不知道问题是什么 是吗
You don’t even know what the question is, do you?
– 我假设是 – 不 不 不 没关系
-I’m assuming it’s to– -No, no, no. It’s okay.
这正是我想要的那种 是
That’s exactly the kinda “yes” I was looking for.
切尼一直是个一般的学生
Cheney had always been a so-so student
和一个平庸的运动员
and a mediocre athlete.
但现在 他终于找到了命运的归宿
But now, finally, he had found his life’s calling.
他将是一个献身于权力的卑微的仆人
He would be a dedicated and humble servant to power.
这是你的新办公室
Here’s your new office.
没有窗户 但你所会看到的
No windows, but all you’d see
一群嬉皮士向尼克松发火
are a bunch of hippies flipping off Nixon.
就这样吧
All right, then.
现在 这时候
Now, at this point,
你可能想知道我到底是谁
you’re probably wondering who exactly I am.
好吧 让我自我介绍一下
Well, let me introduce myself.
我叫库尔特
My name is Kurt.
我最喜欢的足球队是钢人队
My favorite football team is the Steelers,
我和我儿子 我们爱海绵宝宝
and me and my son, we love SpongeBob.
如果你想知道我怎么知道
And if you’re wondering how I know
这么多关于迪克·切尼的事情
so much about Dick Cheney,
好吧 我们是有点关系
well, let’s just say we’re kind of related.
我们稍后再谈
We’ll get to that later.
步♥枪♥兵
The Rifleman!
琳妮
Lynnie,
猜猜我从哪里打来的
guess where I’m calling from.
我现在为你感到骄傲 迪克·切尼
I am so proud of you right now, Dick Cheney.
我知道我选对了人 即使我不知道 我也知道
I knew I picked the right man. I knew it even when I didn’t.
我们做到了
We did it.
你见到尼克松了吗
Have you seen Nixon? Hmm?
我做到了 我遇见了他 我和他握了手
I did. I met him. I shook his hand.
天哪 而且他打电♥话♥给你
Oh, my gosh. And he called you
– 他给了我那个 名字 就像他
-He gave me that, uh– -By name, like he actually…
他那顽皮的微笑
…that impish smile of his.
我得掐下自己
I gotta pinch myself.
请原谅我蹩脚的法语
Pardon my French.
这是世界上最特么好的感觉
It is the best fucking feeling in the world.
我只能想象 但我为你感到骄傲
I can only imagine. I am so proud of you.
– 我爱你 – 我们为你感到骄傲
-I love you. -We are proud of you.
你的姑娘们为你骄傲 你为你♥爸♥爸骄傲吗
Your girls are proud of you. Are you proud of your daddy?
骄傲
Yes.
你能说你为你♥爸♥爸感到骄傲吗
Can you say you’re proud of your daddy?
我的爸爸
My daddy.
你为你♥爸♥爸感到骄傲
You’re proud of your daddy.
我的天
Oh, my goodness.
迪克·切尼的办公室
Dick Cheney’s office.
所以 既然我不只是翻牌
So, now that I’m not just flipping cards,
我有一些想法
I have a few ideas.
停下来
Stop.
看见那扇门了吗
See that door?
基辛格的办公室吗
To Kissinger’s office?
这是正确的
That’s right.
我碰巧知道尼克松现在在里面
I happen to know that Nixon is in there right now.
现在 尼克松为什么
Now, why would Nixon
不是在总统办公室见基辛格
not be meeting Kissinger in the Oval Office?
他在谈话
He’s having a conversation
他不想记录在案
he doesn’t want to go on the record?
很好
Very good.
谈话内容是什么
What is the conversation?
我们要轰炸柬埔寨
We’re going to bomb Cambodia.
那是不可能的
Well, that’s impossible.
这需要国会的批准
That needs approval by Congress.
我每天都在那里
I’m over there every day.
他妈的国会 除非你在里面
Oh, fuck Congress. Unless you’re in it.
它是地球上最伟大的审议机构
Then it’s the greatest deliberative body on earth.
但我们不是 去他妈的
But we’re not, so fuck it.
但总统竞选不是为了结束
But didn’t the president campaign on ending the–
听我说 听我说
Listen to me, listen to me.
因为现在尼克松
Because of the discussion
和基辛格在那扇门后面
that Nixon and Kissinger are having right now
离我们五英尺远
behind that door
的讨论
five feet away from us,
几天之后 1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥英里外
in a couple of days, 10,000 miles away,
一场从20000英尺的
a rain of 750-pound bombs
B-52S战机上降下的
dropped from B-52s
750磅重的炸♥弹♥雨
at 20,000 feet,
将袭击整个柬埔寨的村庄和城镇
will hit villages and towns all across Cambodia.
成千上万的人将死去
Thousands will die.
世界将会改变 无论是好是坏
And the world will change, for better or worse.
这就是这座低矮丑陋的大楼里
That is the kind of power that exists
存在的力量
in this squat little ugly building.
干♥他♥妈的基辛格 他被高估了 走吧
Screw Kissinger. He’s overrated. Let’s go.
那么 我们是
So, what are we…
– 你知道 我的意思是 – 快说出来
-Um, you know, I mean– -Spit it out.
– 你想说什么 – 我们反对消费吗
-What are you trying to say? -Are we against spending?
我们相信什么
What do we believe?
我们相信什么
“What do we believe?”
很好
Oh. That’s very good.
我们相信什么
“What do we believe?”
该死
Oh, shit!
就这样 穿过它
Like that, through there.
先要知道鱼想要什么
You find out what the fish want.
这种情况下 是蠕虫
In this case, it’s a worm.
然后 我们用它来抓他
And then, uh, we use it to catch him.
看它 看它
Look it. Look it.
爸爸 爸爸 看
Dada. Dada, look.
我们就可以吃饭了
The family gets to eat.
对蠕虫来说 我们玩的把戏够好吗
Is it a good trick we’re playing, for the worms?
不好也不坏 这是钓鱼
It’s not good or bad. It’s fishing.
我不想让这一个受伤
I don’t want this one hurt.
迪克接受了一份作为一家大型金融公♥司♥的
Dick had taken a job
政♥治♥顾问工作
as a political consultant for a large financial firm,
在那里他终于赚了很多钱
where he was finally making good money.
他接受这项工作是因为尼克松的内部圈子
He took the job because Nixon’s inner circle
已经受够了唐纳德·拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!