我上中学的时候,我妈不让我读《哈利·波特》因为教会的东西。
When I was in middle school, my mom wouldn’t let me read Harry Potter because of church stuff.
所以我每天晚上都给艾比打电♥话♥。
So I would call Abby every night.
她会读给我听。
She would read it to me.
我不知道她为什麽关心我。
I don’t know what made her care about me.
我想,「为什麽是我?
I was like, “Why me?
我只是个辍学的毒贩”
I’m just an effing dropout drug dealer.”
她会说:「心看得见心。」
She’d say, “Heart sees heart.”
正确的。
Right.
她以前每天都用那部傻♥逼♥小剃刀手♥机♥给我发这条短♥信♥。
She used to text that to me every day on that dumbass little Razr phone.
-你还记得吗?-是的。
– You remember those? – Yeah.
5-4-5。
5-4-5.
心看到的心。
Heart sees heart.
这就像是她的小密♥码♥。
It was, like, her little code.
我很想她。
I miss her so much.
你告诉我她的最后一口气都在你肩上。
You told me that her last breath was on your shoulder.
还有人告诉我是你在她死的地方办的派对。
And other people told me that you threw the party where she died.
我都不在场。
I wasn’t even there.
好的。
Okay.
你在哪裡?
Where were you?
看看日期。
Look at the date.
这是在哪裡?
Where is this?
塔尔萨。我去见阿黛尔了。
Tulsa. I went to see Adele.
我和我侄女在那裡。
I was there with my niece.
她……她爱她。
She… She loves her.
阿黛尔?
Adele?
很显然,如果你把这事告诉别人,我就得杀了你。
Obviously, I’m gonna have to kill you if you tell anyone about that.
不,这是……是的。
No, it’s… Yeah.
我是一个迷。
I’m a fan.
所以…你有不在场证明,但你想让人们认为是你杀了她?
So… you have an alibi, but you want people to think you killed her?
这些该死的贩毒集团。
These fucking cartels, man.
他们很快就会控制一切。
They’re gonna control everything pretty soon.
-你们是贩毒集团。——不,先生。
– You’re the cartels. – No, sir.
我很想拥有她,但我不知道。
It kills me to claim her, but I don’t know.
如果他们不认为我杀了人,那我可能就得杀了人……来证明我自己。
If they don’t actually think I killed someone, then I might have to kill someone… to prove myself.
事情不是这样的,对吧?
That’s not really how it works, is it?
我是这麽听说的。
It’s what I heard.
继续,斯♥诺♥普斯,这不是真的
Go on Snopes. It’s not a real thing.
你说什麽?
Excuse me?
让我把这些拼凑起来。她吸毒过量……他妈的?我们说的可是艾比,好吗?
So, let me piece this together. She OD’d… The fuck? This is Abby we’re talking about here, okay?
她不愿碰那些东西。
She wouldn’t touch the stuff.
她连止痛药都不碰。
Girl wouldn’t touch an Advil.
听着,他们在离派对两英里半的地方找到了她,在一个所有死亡事件发生的地方叫做”事后派对”
Listen, they found her two and a half miles from the party, at a spot where all the deaths happen called “the Afterparty.”
你不能就这麽一个人走掉。
You don’t just wander off like that by yourself.
有人带你去那裡。
Someone takes you there.
这不是吸毒过量。
This was no OD.
没有该死的方法。
No fucking way.
谁会去这些派对?
Who goes to these parties?
每一个人。
Everybody.
——每个人都去。没有人去了。-是的。
– Everybody goes. Nobody went. – Yeah.
-每次都是同一群人?——是的。
– Same people every time? – Yes.
下一班是什麽时候?
When’s the next one?
每当我想要的。
Whenever I want.
你的支持率是11%,兄弟。
You’re at 11%, bro.
你可能想切换到低功耗模式。
You might want to switch to low power mode.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
喂?
Hello?
如果她是被谋杀的呢?
What if she was murdered?
什麽?
What?
我们想都没想就否定了第一个理论。
We dismissed the first theory presented without even thinking about it.
如果我们不把他们当回事呢?
What if we’re not taking them seriously?
等等,你是说是墨西哥毒贩干的吗?
Wait, so are you saying the Mexican drug dealer did it?
绝对不是。
Definitely not that.
但这是第一个理论。
But that was the first theory presented.
我只是确定不是因为这个。
I’m just sure it wasn’t that.
你为什麽这麽肯定?
Why are you so sure?
的直觉。
Gut.
——肠道?-听着,我知道我们喜欢以前的关係。
– Gut? – Look, I know we liked what we had before.
关于美国,幻想,遗憾以及复仇的意义。
Something about America and fantasy and regret and the meaning of vengeance.
不,不。这个…这是更好的。
No, no. This… this is better.
这只会越来越大。
This just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
对吧?
Right?
好的。
Okay.
保持安全。
Stay safe.
的故事。
Get the story.
不是这个顺序。
Not in that order.
不。这个顺序。
No. In that order.
你在看什麽?
What are you watching?
阿比林的视频。
Um, videos of Abilene.
你看到我的手♥机♥了吗?
Do you see my phone?
它是如何破裂的。
How it’s, like, cracked.
是的。
Yeah.
它让我看起来像我的感觉。
It makes me look the way that I feel.
嗯…
Um…
我在哪儿见过你?
Where do I know you from?
马术竞技会。
Rodeo.
这是长角牛的风扇。
It’s the Longhorns fan.
的确是这样,迈克。确实是。
Indeed it is, Mike. Indeed it is.
事实上,那是个误会。
Actually, that was a misunderstanding.
我很抱歉。我甚至不是一个足球迷。
I’m sorry. I’m not even a football fan.
我只是想融入他们。
Um, I was just trying to fit in.
你融入这裡的方式真有趣。
Funny way to fit in around here.
点。
Point taken.
我不知道还会有另一支队伍。
I didn’t know there was gonna be another team.
我在为德州加油。
I was cheering for Texas.
嗯…我想问你几个关于艾比林·肖之死的问题。
Um… I’d love to ask you a couple questions about the death of Abilene Shaw.
——吸毒过量。——事故。
– OD’d. – Accident.
我知道那是官方报告。
I know that was the official report.
我在想,你能和她死的那晚在场的人谈谈吗?
I was wondering, were you able to talk to anyone who was there the night she died?
你去过抽水千斤顶旁边的派对吗?
You ever go to a party out by the pump jacks?
大家都去了,却没人。
Everybody goes and nobody was there.
我不在那裡。
I wasn’t there.
我不在那裡。
I wasn’t there.
你为什麽这麽感兴趣?
Why are you so interested anyway?
你是她的男朋友吗?
You her, uh, boyfriend or something?
我们一起出去玩了。
Uh, we hung out.
是的。是的,我是她的男朋友。
Yeah. Yeah, I was her boyfriend.
你知道,90%的情况下都是男朋友干的。
Well, you know, 90% of the time it’s the boyfriend who did it.
好吧,我不是……我不是她的男朋友。
Okay, I wasn’t… I wasn’t really her boyfriend.
他说的有点前后矛盾了。
His story’s starting to sound a little inconsistent.
瑞士奶酪。
Swiss cheese.
是啊,我并不想在这裡製造任何麻烦。
Yeah, um, I’m not trying to cause any problems here.
我只是想帮助这个家庭。
I’m really just trying to help the family.
反正这也不是我们的管辖范围。
You know, this isn’t even our jurisdiction anyways.
派对在市区外举♥行♥。
Party happened outside city limits.
-嗯-那是县不是市
– Mm. – That’s county, not city.
——县治安官。——警长会谈。
– County sheriff. – Sheriff’ll talk.
警长是一个政♥治♥家。
Sheriff’s a politician.
这不是事实吗?
Ain’t that a fact.
我很想帮你,孩子,但我们的政策是不能对我们的程序或桉件发表评论。
I’d love to help you, son, but our policy is we can’t comment on our process or cases.
我当时在为一个能被数百万人听到的播客採访人。
Well, I was interviewing people for a podcast that could be heard by millions of people.
但我想那是不可能的。
But I guess that’s not a possibility.
这些是羟考酮棒。
These are oxy sticks.
看到这些药是怎麽排列的了吗?
See how the pills are squared off?
这样,他们就可以把它们装在箱子裡,一直装到角落裡,而不会浪费任何空间。——嗯。
That way, they can pack ’em in boxes to the corners – without wasting any space. – Mm-hmm.
这就是这个行业的规模。
That’s how big this business is.
我们不知道是谁运的。
We don’t know who’s shipping it.
我们只知道他们沿着州际公路沿着边界来了。
All we know is they’re coming along the interstate right along the border.
那条路正好经过派对所在的油田。
And that route cuts right by the oil field where the party was.
这是县裡最常见的吸毒过量地点。
The most common overdose spot in the county.
我们叫它「馀兴派对」。
We call it “the Afterparty.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!