我们讲的每一个故事最终都是关于一个人的。
Every story we tell is ultimately about a person.
阿比林萧。
Abilene Shaw.
阿比林。
Abilene.
是的。
Yeah.
你在做一个关于艾柏林的播客。
You’re making a podcast about Abilene.
嗯,有一点关于阿比林。
Well, it’s a little about Abilene.
-我想让它更…-不。
-I’m trying to make it more about… -No.
阿比林。
It’s about Abilene.
的人。
The person.
这就是你所需要的。
That’s all you need.
你觉得她的音乐怎麽样?
What did you think about her music?
我还没听过呢。
I haven’t really heard it.
关上前门。
Shut the front door.
-我是说,我有…-哇,哇,哇,等等
– I mean, I have… – Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on.
跟我来。
Come with me.
在这儿。
Here it is.
我们所记录的一切。
Everything we ever recorded.
-非常感谢。-你会有收穫的。
– Thank you so much. – You’re in for a treat.
她不是有个想当歌♥手的姐姐吗?
Doesn’t she have a sister who wants to be a singer?
想要出名。
Wants to be famous.
说明她知道自己是个大人物。
Means she knows she’s somebody.
只是还不知道是谁。
Just doesn’t know who yet.
她需要找到自己的声音。
She needs to find her voice.
那我的声音呢?
What about my voice?
我带你去演播室。
I’ll put you in the studio.
你想做什麽?
What do you want to do?
你知道,我……如果我是来咨♥询♥我的声音的,我的…我的写作,我的播客,你会告诉我什麽?
I-I, you know… If I came here for advice about my voice, my… you know, my writing, my podcast, what would you tell me?
我可能会说没有人会写任何东西。
I’d probably say that nobody writes anything.
我们所做的就是翻译。
All we do is translate.
所以如果你被困住了,不知道该说什麽……只是听。
So if you ever get stuck and you don’t know what to say… just listen.
即使是在沉默中。
Even to the silences.
尽你所能倾听你周围的世界……重複你听到的内容。
Listen as hard as you can to the world around you and… repeat back what you hear.
这个翻译,就是你的声音。
That translation, that’s your voice.
我得说,这和我预想的完全不一样。
I gotta say, this is not anything like what I expected to find.
你是来取笑我的,对吧?
You came here to make fun of me, didn’t you?
——不,不。不。-不,我明白…这是……我明白了。
– No, no. No. – No, I get it’s… It’s… I get it.
一个荒无人烟的唱片製作人。
Record producer in the middle of nowhere.
你以为我会更傻,更小。
You thought I’d be sillier, smaller.
我明白了。
I get it.
嘿,你看。
Hey, look.
它已经工作了。
It’s already working.
你听着。
You listened.
你学到的东西。
You learned.
欢迎来到德州。
Welcome to Texas.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
夕阳把德州照得一片火红。
The setting sun sets Texas afire with a glow.
等等,等等,等等。
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
这是他妈的漂亮。
It’s fucking beautiful.
嗯,你好。
Well, hi.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
当我告诉我妈我要搬到纽约去尝试在音乐界闯出一片天地时,她看着我说”上帝保佑你的心”
Uh, when I told my mama that I was gonna move to New York and try and make it in music, she looked at me and she just said, “Bless your heart.”
德州的意思是”去你♥妈♥的♥”
Which is Texas for, “Fuck you.”
爱你,妈妈。
Love you, Mama.
真正的爱情会在最后找到你
♪ True love will find you in the end ♪
♬你会发现谁才是你的朋友
♪ You’ll find out just who is your friend ♪
♪不要难过,我知道你会……♪
♪ Don’t be sad, I know you will… ♪
啊…你能帮我把枪打开吗?
Ah… Will you help me unjam my gun?
我不知道该怎麽做。
I don’t know how to do that.
他们应该叫你艾尔·Stupido。
They ought to call you El Stupido.
我可以睡在你的地板上吗?
Can I sleep on your floor?
是的。
Yeah.
当然。
Of course.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
♬我还在开车♬
♪ I’m still drivin’ ♪
♬这破车什麽时候开?♪
♪ When’s this break gon’ come? ♪
♪你支持我的选择♪
♪ You back my pickin’ ♪
♬拿着大大的定音鼓……♪
♪ With a big ol’ timpani drum… ♪
复仇是一种独特的现象。
Vengeance is a unique phenomenon.
德州发明了复仇。
Texas invented vengeance.
如果你仔细想想,就会发现这毫无意义。
It makes no sense if you think about it.
人类的其他所有原始本能都会带来明显的进化回报。
Every other primal human instinct leads to a clear evolutionary reward.
但复仇是不同的。
But vengeance is different.
这与未来无关。
It’s not about the future.
这只是关于过去。
It’s only about the past.
大屠♥杀♥发生时,我们没有撤退。
When that massacre happened, we didn’t retreat.
我们没有说,「让我们都确保我们不会患上墨西哥恐惧症。」
We didn’t say, “Let’s all make sure we don’t get Mexiphobia.”
我们说:「记住阿♥拉♥莫。」
We said, “Remember the Alamo.”
这与希望无关。
It’s not about hope.
是遗憾。
It’s about regret.
艾比总是很有创意。
Abby was always creatively minded.
她会和姐♥妹♥们♥一起拍电影。
She would make movies with her sisters.
当然,音乐。
Music, of course.
哦,她有一副美妙的嗓音。
Oh, she had such a beautiful voice.
我真希望能有更多人听到。
I really wish more people could’ve heard it.
你是一个作家。
You’re a writer.
我知道什麽?
Anything I’d know?
这些都不是
None of this.
你在这裡看到的绝望,不是因为缺乏智慧或创造力。
The desperation that you see around here, it’s not from a lack of intelligence or creativity.
这是一个多馀的。
It’s an excess.
我们不是真正的枪♥支♥家庭。
We’re not really a gun family.
我们有一些用来射击目标的步♥枪♥,一些用来安全的手♥枪♥,还有……-这与你无关吗?-跟我有什麽关係?
We have a few rifles for shooting targets, a couple handguns for safety, and… – And that doesn’t concern you? – Why would it concern me?
有个剧作家,安东·契诃夫,他说如果在戏剧的第一幕中有一把枪……我能想到的他的任何一部戏剧裡都没有枪。
There’s this playwright, Anton Chekhov, and he says that if there’s a gun in act one of a play… There’s no guns in any one of his plays I can think of.
樱桃园,不。万尼亚舅舅,不。
Cherry Orchard, no. Uncle Vanya, no.
其实我对他的剧本不是很熟悉。
I’m not actually that familiar with his plays.
我更熟悉他的理论。
Uh, I’m more familiar with his theory.
但这些感受的利害关係并不是假设的。
But the stakes of these feelings aren’t hypothetical.
它们都太真实了。
They’re all too real.
我是你们的主持人,本·马纳洛维茨,来自美国广播集团。
I’m your host, Ben Manalowitz, from American Radio Collective.
这是《死白人女孩》。
This is Dead White Girl.
嘿。
Hey.
这很好。
So, this is great.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
我都快被这个家搞晕了。
I’m, like, dorking out over this family.
他们的家庭就像我的家庭。
Their family’s like my family.
太好了。太好了。
Great. Great.
你有什麽笔记吗?
Do you have any notes?
是的。我有几个。
Yeah. I got a couple.
你不是说你喜欢吗。
Thought you said you loved it.
你问我有没有笔记,我有,对吧,菜鸟?
You asked if I had notes, and I got notes, okay, first-timer?
好的。好了,好了,你有什麽发现?
Okay. All right, all right, what do you got?
好吧,你踩到别人的线了,我们需要乾淨,所以…-是的,没错。
Okay, you’re stepping on people’s lines, – and we need it clean, so… – Yep, yep.
就像你现在做的一样。不要这样做。
Just like what you’re doing right now. Don’t do that.
正确的。
Right.
他们说话的时候不要说话。
Don’t talk while they’re talking.
只是听…或者假装在听。
Just listen… or pretend to listen.
好的。还有什麽?
Okay. What else?
你知道什麽能帮助一些人吗?
And you know what would help some people?
如果你……如果你……如果你做了,比如,一个无声的笑来怂恿他们。
If you… if you… if you do, like, a silent laugh to egg them on.
你知道,就像…像什麽?我失去了你。
You know, like, um… Like what? I lost you.
喜欢……不,我正在做。
Like… No, I’m doing it.
对的,好吧。
Right, okay.
你接下来要去哪裡?竞技?
Where are you going to next, the… the rodeo?
是的,我的第一次牛仔竞技。
Yep, my first rodeo.
我真的很兴奋。
I’m really excited.
显然,这是一个真实的社会经济截面。
Apparently, it’s a real socioeconomic cross section.
是啊,还有马,公牛什麽的。
Yeah, and horses and bulls and stuff.
你在做什麽吗?
You’re doing it?
你能看出来吗?
Yeah, could you tell?
祝你好运。
Good luck.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!