嗯,一个朋友。
Um, a friend.
谁是「巴黎评论派对亚洲人」?
Who’s “Paris Review Party Asian”?
——对不起。嗯…-非常好的阅读。
– Excuse me. Um… – Very good reading.
我,呃…无线网肯定是刚打开的。
Let me, uh… The Wi-Fi must have just kicked on.
「娜塔莉熊」是谁?
Who’s “Natalie Bumble”?
-让我…-谁是凯蒂·拉亚?
– Um, let-let me just… – Who’s “Katie Raya”?
-让我穿上…——莱雅?
– Let me put that on… – Raya?
我把它调成飞行模式。
Let me put that on airplane mode.
我以为拉亚应该是专一的。
I thought Raya was supposed to be exclusive.
你觉得这个地方怎麽样,本?
So what do you think of this place, Ben?
我爱它。
I love it.
-你在开玩笑吧?你是认真的吗?你爱它吗?
– Are you joking? – Are you serious? You love it?
你来自纽约。
You’re from New York City.
-这裡什麽都没发生。-是的。
-Literally nothing happens here. -Yeah.
嗯,嗯…我是说,这有点……——嗯?——你知道的。
Well, um… I mean, it is a little… – Hmm? – You know.
黯澹。-拜託,这不公平。
-Bleak. -Come on, that’s not fair.
-我们刚发现一个目标。——请问?你怎麽敢?
– We just got a Target. – Excuse me? How dare you?
你知道我们的足球队有多棒吗?
Do you know how fucking good our football team is?
-这是我们的小镇。-好吧,听着,我不知道去哪裡…在这裡降落。嗯…本,关于这个地方,有些事你应该知道。-是的。
-This is our town. -Okay, look, I don’t know where to… where to land here. Um… Ben, there’s probably something you should know – about this place. – Yeah.
这是地球上最,最悲惨,最荒凉的地方。
This is the most, uh, wretched, godforsaken stretch of land on the face of the earth.
我永远不会离开。
And I’d never leave.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
是的。这就是我对Twitter的感觉。
Yeah. That’s how I feel about Twitter.
-嗯-本是个记者
– Mm. – See, Ben’s a journalist.
那裡最好的一个。
One of the finest there is.
他为《纽约杂♥志♥》撰稿。
He writes for the New York Magazine.
《纽约客》。是的。
New Yorker. Yep.
他会帮我们找出艾柏林到底发生了什麽。
And he’s gonna help us find out what really happened to Abilene.
我是说我们出去找个。45岁,但本给了我们一个全新的视角。
I was saying we go out and settle with a . 45, but Ben gives a whole new perspective to the situation.
泰,点45口径的枪是解决不了这种问题的。
Ty, you can’t solve something like this with a .45.
这不像一个人那麽简单。
It’s not as simple as one person.
这是一个完整的系统,孩子。
It’s a whole system, son.
告诉我们你是什麽意思,奶奶。
Tell us what you mean, Granny.
这是社会的崩溃,就是这样。
It’s the breakdown of society, is what it is.
这是学校系统的崩溃-政♥府♥。
It’s the breakdown of the school system, – the government. – Mm.
是製药公♥司♥。
It’s the pharmaceutical companies.
这是家庭和传统的崩溃。
It’s the breakdown of the family and tradition.
艾比林的死有很多人要负责。——这是真的。
Oh, there’s a whole lot of people responsible – for what happened to Abilene. – That’s true.
——是的,女士。——阿门。
– Yes, ma’am. – Amen.
我认为这是非常明智的。
I think that’s very wise.
你需要一把12口径的枪,几个急救器。
You’re gonna need a 12-gauge, couple of ARs.
——没有。是的。-威森自动手♥枪♥。
– No. -Yep. – A Wesson automatic.
-不不不-为了安全还要配把枪。
– No, no, no. – And a sidearm for safety.
——是的。完全正确。-我们不会那麽做的
– Yep. Exactly. – We’re not doing that.
哦,我们不是吗?是的。
Oh, we’re not? Yeah.
我没想到你有这个胆。
I didn’t think you had the balls.
你会帮我们吗,本?
Are you gonna help us, Ben?
你知道,嗯…有些事情是我擅长的。
You know, um… There’s some things I’m good at.
我擅长提出正确的问题。
I’m good at asking the right questions.
我很擅长让人开口。
I’m good at getting people to talk.
我特别擅长在看似不相干的元素之间建立主题联繫,并用它来阐述一个更大的观点或理论。
And I’m especially good at drawing thematic connections between seemingly disparate elements and using that to illustrate a larger point or theory.
所以,无论谁或任何东西对艾柏林的遭遇负责,我会找到这个人或这个广义的社会力量,我会给它下定义。
So, whoever or whatever is responsible for what happened to Abilene, I will find this person or this generalized societal force, and I will define it.
我将定义它。
I’ll define it.
祝福你的心。
Bless your heart.
我想我们现在有客房♥了。
I guess we have a guest room now.
泰。
Ty.
好吧,好好休息。
Well, rest up good.
我们明早见,开始解决这个问题。
We’ll meet in the morning and start to solve this.
是的。
Yeah.
明早见。
See you in the morning.
-晚安,泰-晚安
– Good night, Ty. – Good night.
早上好。
Good morning.
是的,就是这样。什麽……?
Yeah, that’s it. What else…?
-我能说这证明了很多吗?-是的。
– Can I say it proves a lot? – Yeah.
我要在这裡稍作休息,在此期间,我希望你们能在这个漫长而重要的会员运动中致电支持我们电台。——谢谢。
I’m gonna take a short break here, and during this break, I hope you’ll call and support this station during this long, important – membership drive. – Thanks.
我们有一些很棒的免费礼物要送给你,我说的不只是咖啡杯。
We have some great free gifts to offer you, and I’m not just talking coffee mugs.
本,这裡的生活有两个版本。
Well, Ben, there’s really two versions of life out here.
繁荣时期,每个人都很富有,很忙。
Boom times, everybody’s rich and busy.
就像一场盛大的派对。
It’s like one big party out here.
然后萧条来了。
And then the bust comes.
这裡就像两个不同的地方。
It’s really like two different places out here.
要麽繁荣,要麽萧条。
It’s always boom or bust.
现在是哪一种?
Which is it right now?
有点。
Kinda in between.
是的。
Yeah.
说实话,介于两者之间。
Kinda in between, to tell you the truth.
好的。
Okay.
你这个…——离开。——爬。这就是我们的蠕虫。
You son of a… – Get off. – Crawl. There’s our worm.
哦,你喜欢高高在上。
Oh, you like being on top.
——离开。是的。——哇!
– Get off. Yeah. – Whoo!
这傢伙吗?
This the guy?
是的。
Yep.
嗯。
Hmm.
让我帮你省点时间:桑切洛。
Let me save you some time: Sancholo.
Sancholo。Sancholo。
Sancholo. Sancholo.
Sancholo是什麽?
What’s Sancholo?
那个杀了艾柏林的人。
The guy who killed Abilene.
一个墨西哥毒贩。
A Mexican drug dealer.
邪恶的溷蛋。
Evil motherfucker.
你能想到的,他都有。
You name it, he’s got it.
不过我对他的价格不太满意。
Not crazy about his prices though.
你知道谁杀了艾柏林吗?
So, you know who killed Abilene?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
你报♥警♥了吗?
Did you call the police about it?
迈克和丹吗?
Mike and Dan?
那些懒惰的fucktards。
Those lazy fucktards.
一切都是一个意外。
Everything’s an accident.
枪♥支♥意外。
Gun accident.
哦,驾车事故。
Uh, driving accident.
我从小就认识艾比林了。
I’ve known Abilene since we were knee-high to a grasshopper.
她连止痛药都没碰过,然后,突然间,他们发现了这个天使,这个天使,死于羟考酮过量在他开的派对上!
She never touched so much as an Advil, and-and then, out of the blue, they find this angel, this angel, dead of an oxy OD at a party he threw!
哦,你让我暖和起来了。
Ooh, you’re getting me warmed up.
他从中学起就对她着迷了。
He’s been obsessed with her since middle school.
是的。他每天晚上都给家裡打电♥话♥。
Yep. He’d call the house every night.
他们以前会打几个小时的电♥话♥。
They used to be on the phone for hours.
反正他也只是其中的一部分。
He’s just a piece of it anyway.
它太大了,无法理解。
It’s too big to understand.
你和毒品贩子,贩毒集团,恋童癖在床上纠缠不清。——嗯。
You got deep state in bed with pill pushers, – cartels, pedos. – Uh-huh.
——法律。——怎样,……嘿,嘘。嘿。
– The law. – How, wha… Hey, shh. Hey.
你也是其中的一份子。
And you’re a piece of it, too.
我很想和你提到的一些角色聊聊。
So, um, I’d love to talk to some of the characters you mentioned.
迈克和丹吗?Sancholo吗?
Mike and Dan? Sancholo?
他肯定在霍利斯顿的牛仔竞技会上。
Oh, he’s gotta be at the rodeo in Holliston.
毫无疑问。
No doubt.
在那儿,还有之后的下等酒馆。
There and the honky-tonk, too, afterwards.
-那是毒贩最擅长的地方。
-That’s where a drug dealer can do their best business. -Mm.
因为每个人都去看牛仔表演。
‘Cause everybody goes to the rodeo.
白色,墨西哥人。
White, Mexicans.
你真的想和他一起为她报仇吗?
You really want to avenge her with him?
我就像你的兄弟一样。
I’m like a brother to you.
他就像个姐夫。
Well, he’s like a brother-in-law.
哦,来吧。
Oh, come on.
本,你打过架吗?
Ben, you ever been in a fight?
你是指肢体冲突还是网络冲突?
You mean like a physical fight or like an online skirmish?
我得到了他。
I got him.
连苍蝇都不会伤害的,对吧,爬虫?
Crawl wouldn’t hurt a fly, would you, Crawl?
我从来没有理解过关于苍蝇的那种说法。
I never understood that expression about flies.
是啊,我想杀苍蝇,但什麽样的变♥态♥会伤害苍蝇?
Yeah, I’d kill a fly, but what kind of sick fuck would hurt a fly?
让它感到疼痛?嗯?
Make it feel pain? Hmm?
你根本不知道自己在哪,对吧?
You don’t have any idea where you are, do you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!