那很好。
That’s good.
我是说,这很糟糕,但是…但这是好的。
I mean, it’s fucked up, but… but it’s good for this.
所以呢?
So?
好吧,我们试一试。
Okay, let’s give it a shot.
哦!
Oh!
好吧,告诉我。给我一切。
Okay, talk to me. Give me everything.
和家人待在一起,尽可能接近他们,记录下一切。
Stay with the family, get as close as possible, record everything.
因为你永远不知道什麽是重要的。
‘Cause you never know what will be important.
我将是你的编辑,所以我将选择-看看有什麽。——好的。
I’ll be your editor, so I’ll pull selects – and see what’s there. – Okay.
我会让特蕾西连夜把设备给你,但在此期间用你的手♥机♥把报道弄好,注意安全。
I’ll have Tracy overnight you the equipment, but just use your phone in the meantime and get the story, stay safe.
你明白了。
You got it.
-不是这个顺序。-按这个顺序。
– Not in that order. – In that order.
西德克萨斯的尘埃就像雨水落在湖面上。
The dust in West Texas settles like rain on a lake.
我在西德克萨斯的天空下,德州明亮的蓝色天空下,在那裡我刚刚得知了艾比林·肖的死讯。
I’m under a West Texas sky, bright blue Texan sky, where I’ve just learned about the death of Abilene Shaw.
我的…一个人……谁住在这裡。
My… A person… who lived here.
地狱啊,兄弟。
Hell yeah, brother.
好吧。
All right.
我要和你们一起住几周。
I’m gonna stay with you guys for a couple of weeks.
我会把你认为发生在艾柏林身上的一切都录下来。
I’m gonna record everything that you think happened to Abilene.
——好吗?地狱——是的。那我们就杀了他。
– Okay? – Hell yes. Then we kill him.
不。
No.
我要把它放到播客上…它将在播客平台上播出。
I’m gonna put it on a podcast… and it will be on podcast platforms.
这是他妈的辉煌。
That’s fucking brilliant.
-是的。-你真♥他♥妈♥聪明。
– Yeah. – You’re fucking smart.
好吧。
All right.
一旦Reddit上的人发现了……他们会为我们杀了他。
Once people on Reddit find out… they’ll kill him for us.
好吧。
All right.
嘿,妈妈。
Hey, Mama.
猜猜最后谁回来了。
Guess who came back after all.
本。
Ben.
-嗨。-我的天啊你回来了。
– Hi. – Oh, my God. You came back.
啊…哦。谢谢你!
Ah… Oh. Thank you.
希望我没给你添麻烦
Um, I hope I’m not imposing.
拜託。
Please.
我们餐桌上有个空位子。
We have this empty seat at the table.
我们可以利用一切机会分散注意力。
We can use all the distraction we can get.
你需要什麽吗?
Can I get you anything?
嗯…只是,无线网络怎麽样了?
Um… Uh, just, uh, what’s the Wi-Fi situation?
哦,它有点喜怒无常……它会。
Oh, it’s a little temperamental… it’ll kick in.
你之前见过大家吗?
Did you have a chance to meet everybody before?
哦,不。
Uh, no.
我很乐意。
I would love to.
-这是Abilene的妹妹Paris。-你好。
-Uh, this is Abilene’s sister, Paris. -Hi.
-她24岁,准备25岁——是的。
– She’s 24, fixin’ to be 25. – Yep.
她会成为一个着名的电影製作人。
She’s gonna be a famous filmmaker.
很高兴认识你,帕裡斯。
It is a pleasure to meet you, Paris.
快乐。我听说过很多关于你的事。
Pleasure. I’ve heard so much about you.
我我听说……是的。
I’ve-I’ve heard… Yeah.
这是堪萨斯城。
And this is Kansas City.
她17岁,马上就要18岁了。
She’s 17, fixin’ to be 18.
她会成为一个着名的…着名的。
And she’s gonna be a famous… Just famous.
KC,我告诉过你。
KC, I told you.
这些不是我们的价值观。
Those are not our values.
你得是名人才行。
You have to be a famous something.
一个着名的…名人。
A famous… celebrity.
她们真的是你的女儿吗?
These are really your daughters?
我是说,你们都可以成为姐妹。
I mean, you all could be sisters.
哦。你真贴心。
Oh. You are so sweet.
你觉得我看起来有这麽老吗?
You think that I look this fucking old?
这是El Stupido。
And this is El Stupido.
——对不起?-我是艾尔·Stupido。
– Sorry? – This is El Stupido.
你是这麽叫他的?
That’s what you call him?
哦。没关係,本。
Oh. It’s okay, Ben.
他不会说西班牙语。
He don’t speak Spanish.
还有,你多大了?
And, uh, and how old are you?
九个
Nine.
改成10个?
Fixin’ to be ten?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
男孩,来吧。
Boys, come on.
-本,过来坐。——谢谢。
– Ben, come take a seat. – Thank you.
顺便说一句,你的家真漂亮。
You have a lovely home, by the way.
——谢谢。-真的很不错。
– Thank you. – It’s really nice.
-这是卡萝奶奶。-是的。
– This is Granny Carole. – Yeah.
奶奶。
Granny for short.
-很高兴见到你,奶奶。-是的。
– Um, nice to meet you, Granny. – Yeah.
谢谢你!嗯…本,跟我们说说你自己吧。
Thank you. Um… So, Ben, tell us about yourself.
你来自一个亲密的家庭吗?
Do you come from a close family?
是的。我们关係很好。
Yes. Um, we’re very close.
我们不常见面,但我们很亲近。
We don’t see each other much, but we’re very close.
你来自德克萨斯州吗?
You from Texas?
哦。不,我不是。
Oh. No, I’m not.
哦,我很抱歉。
Oh, I’m sorry.
你不是德州人
That you’re not from Texas.
-你以前去过德州吗,本?实际上,-是的。
-Have you been to Texas before, Ben? -Yes, actually.
我去过奥斯汀,《南方偏南》的。
I’ve been to Austin, uh, for South By.
为了什麽?
For what?
哦,西南偏南是一年一度的节日…不,是哪个乐队的?
Uh, oh, South by Southwest is an annual festiv… No, for what band?
你不可能就这麽去了。
You don’t just go to South By.
你会去看乐队,对吧?
You go see a band, don’t you?
嗯,嗯,真的。
Uh, well, true.
我参加了一个关于新媒体未来的新闻小组。
I was part of a journalism panel about the future of new media.
——不可思议。-太酷了。
– Amazing. – That’s so cool.
-嗯-谢谢——欢迎你。
– Mm. -Thank you. – You’re welcome.
嗯,说到。
Um, speaking of.
你介意我录下这顿晚餐吗?
Would you mind if I recorded this dinner?
——哦。-现在就录?
– Oh. – Record us now?
-是的。地狱——是的。
– Yeah. – Hell yeah.
我们会介意吗?
Would we mind?
-我喜欢被录音。——太棒了。太棒了。
– I love being recorded. – Great. Fantastic.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
——嘿,微笑。好吧?——太棒了。
– Hey, smile. Okay? – Great.
你想听德州的故事吗?
Well, would you want to hear the story of Texas?
——当然。嗯?——去,奶奶。
– Absolutely. -Huh? – Go, Granny.
好的。在这裡。
All right. Right here.
——我的天哪。
– My goodness. – Mm. Okay.
1836.
1836.
德州是墨西哥的一部分,由移♥民♥和讲英语的白人组成。
Texas is part of Mexico, made up of settlers and English-speaking white folk.
他们不喜欢政♥府♥。
And, uh, they didn’t like the government.
还有什麽新鲜的?
What else is new?
德州人想按自己的方式做事。
Them Texans wanted to do things their own way.
还有什麽新鲜的?
What else is new?
所以,你考虑了所有人最喜欢的两件事,政♥府♥和墨西哥人。
So, you take everybody’s two favorite things, government and Mexicans.
猜猜会发生什麽。
And guess what happens.
——嗯?——继续。
– Huh? – Go on.
——猜。-你应该…在你的文字裡。
– Guess. – You should… In your words.
好的。好吧。
All right. All right.
大元帅桑塔·安纳召集了7000名墨西哥士兵在阿♥拉♥莫与186名德克萨斯叛军作战。
Well, Generalissimo Santa Anna brung up 7,000 Mexican soldiers to fight against 186 Texan rebels at a place called the Alamo.
德克萨斯人赢了。
And the Texans won.
这是非常鼓舞人心的。
That’s very inspiring.
你说什麽?
Say what?
德州人没有赢,本。
The Texans didn’t win, Ben.
你哪裡教数学的?
They teach math where you from?
186.7,000。
186.7,000.
嗯…7000多了,本。
Um… 7,000 is more, Ben.
这是一场大屠♥杀♥。
It was a massacre.
那是无法形容的残忍♥。
It was unspeakable cruelty.
无法形容的残忍♥。
Unspeakable cruelty.
我很抱歉。我不知道你没赢得阿♥拉♥莫。
I’m sorry. I had no idea you didn’t win the Alamo.
嗯…我觉得你们经常谈论这件事。
Um… I feel like you guys talk about it a lot.
谁是「春分美女」?
Who’s “Equinox Girl Cute”?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!