我从没想过会陷入这样的境地。
I never expected to be in a situation like this.
我敢肯定我们都没有。
I’m sure none of us did.
我要是多瞭解她一点就好了。
I wish I had known her better.
我真希望能多陪陪她。
I wish I had spent more time with her.
我相信大家都觉得……现在。
I’m sure all of us feel that… right now.
是的。
Yes.
她喜欢音乐。
She loved music.
我知道。我知道。
I know that. I know that.
她喜欢音乐。
She loved music.
是的。
Yeah.
和…她将永远是我们心中的一首歌♥。
And… she will always be a song in our hearts.
「我们心中的歌♥。」
“Song in our hearts.”
唷。你那句话差点把我伤透了。
Phew. You damn near broke me with that one.
♪就是那八秒的机会♪
♪ It’s those eight-second chances ♪
♬和女牛仔的目光♬
♪ And cowgirl glances ♪
♪这是血液和荣耀,宝贝,这就是我们驰骋的原因…♪
♪ It’s the blood and the glory, baby, that’s why we ride… ♪
现在,我不知道你怎麽想,但是…我知道时间不长,但我觉得我和你,我们有真正的感情。
Now, I don’t know about you, but… I know it hasn’t been long, but I feel like me and you, we got a real bond.
有点像家人。
Kind of like family.
百分百。
Hundred percent.
哇。
Wow.
百分之一百?
A hundred percent?
是的。
Yeah.
是的。我今天感觉和你们很亲近。
Yeah. I felt really close to you guys today.
别这麽说了。
Don’t just say that to say it.
-是的。-我就知道
– Yeah. – I knew it.
艾柏林没有死。
Abilene just didn’t die.
她是被谋杀的。
She was murdered.
我们两个要为她报仇。
And the two of us are gonna avenge her death.
什麽?
What?
你和我,我们要找到杀她的凶手,报仇雪恨。
You and me, we’re gonna track her killer down and deliver vengeance.
好吧,没人说有凶手。
Okay, nobody said anything about a killer.
过量?
An overdose?
在油田的派对上?
At a party in an oil field?
是的。这女孩一辈子连止痛药都没吃过。
Yeah. The girl never took so much as an Advil in her life.
你知道的。你比任何人都瞭解她。
You know that. You know her better than anybody.
你报♥警♥了吗?
Did you call the police about this?
在德州,我们不打911。
In Texas, we don’t dial 911.
连火灾都没有吗?
Not even for, like, a fire?
火警或救护车都可以。
Fire or ambulance, fine.
你认为是谁干的?
Who do you think did it?
我有一些推测。
I got a couple theories.
卡特尔。我注意到一个墨西哥黑帮成员。
Cartels. Mexican gangbanger I got my eyes on.
我是说,这只是个开始。
I mean, this is just the beginning.
它深。
It goes deep.
这是基于什麽呢?
And what’s this based on?
的直觉。
Gut.
正确的。这背后是什麽呢?
Right. What’s behind that though?
内脏后面什麽都没有。
Ain’t nothing behind gut.
一切都是内脏的作用。否则,你是谁?
Gut’s behind everything else. Otherwise, who are you?
我觉得这事应该交给警方处理。
I really think this is something for the police.
是的。你说警♥察♥好像到处都一样。
Yeah. You talk about the police like it’s just the same everywhere.
就像警♥察♥是麦当劳,正义是蛋鬆饼。
Like the police is, um, McDonald’s and justice is an Egg McMuffin.
我们没有警♥察♥。
We don’t have the police.
我们有迈克和丹。
We got Mike and Dan.
你和我,我们是她生命中的男人。
You and me, we were the men in her life.
他们惹错了两个人。
And they fucked with the wrong two guys.
好的。嗯…就像个人的界限,每个人都是不同的。
Okay. Um… So, as, like, a personal boundary, like, everybody’s different.
有些人不吃某些食物。
Some people don’t eat certain foods.
你知道,每个人都…-我不会为死亡复仇的——嗯。
You know, everybody… – I don’t avenge deaths. – Mm-hmm.
这就是我。
It’s just who I am.
我…我又不是活在连姆·尼森的电影裡。
I… You know, I don’t live in a Liam Neeson movie.
但你看起来有点像连姆·尼森电影裡的人。
But you kind of look like a guy from a Liam Neeson movie though.
好的。
Okay.
我想的是哪一个?
Which one am I thinking about?
那是辆火车。不,我是……-电视上刚播过。-我不知道。
It-it was a train. No, i-it was… – It was just on TV. – I don’t know.
辛德勒的名单。哦,我的上帝。
Schindler’s List. Oh, my God.
你看起来像电影裡的很多人。
You look like a lot of those guys in that movie.
是的。谢谢。
Yeah. Thanks.
那是我最不喜欢的连姆·尼森的电影。
You know, that was my least favorite Liam Neeson movie.
巨大的唐纳。
Huge downer.
那是一部非常悲伤的电影。
It was a really sad movie.
泰,我知道你很痛苦。
Ty, I know that you’re in a lot of pain.
是的,先生,我们都是。
Oh, yes, sir. We both are.
你有很多愤怒。
And you have a lot of anger.
该死,我在请求你的帮助。
Goddamn it, I’m asking you for your help.
如果我们不这麽做,就像把她的尸体丢在沙漠裡一辈子一样。
If we don’t do this, it’s like leaving her body out in the middle of that desert for the rest of our lives.
我一见到你就知道了。
I know it the minute I saw you.
因为心看得见心。
‘Cause heart sees heart.
留在这裡,和我一起为艾比报仇。
Stay down here and avenge Abby’s death with me.
那将会是一个怎样的故事。
Oh, what a story that would be.
这是袖珍表盘吗?
Is this a pocket dial?
我有个故事。
I have a story.
-能等等吗?——没有。
– Can it wait? – No.
我在德州。我在参加完葬礼回来的路上。
I’m in Texas. I’m on my way back from a funeral.
哦,我的上帝。我很抱歉。
Oh, my God. I’m so sorry.
没关係。不是我亲近的人。
It’s okay. It’s not someone I was close to.
但你飞去德州买♥♥的?
But you flew to Texas for it?
嗯,是的。
Uh, yes.
是一个我上过几次的女孩。
Uh, it was a girl I hooked up with a few times.
你飞去德州参加一个随便勾搭的人的葬礼?
You flew to Texas to attend the funeral of a random hookup?
她的家人认为我们比我更认真。
Her family thought that we were more serious than I did.
你知道吗?
Do you know what?
这是一个故事。
This is a story.
——是吗?-是的。
– Yeah? – Yeah.
这是你的。
It’s you.
的……你的整个生活方式。
The-the… Your whole way of life.
这是约会,这是勾搭文化。
It’s dating, it’s hookup culture.
它是如何使断开连接的。
How it enables disconnectedness.
——自私。——没有。
– The selfishness. – No.
的空虚。——没有。
– The emptiness. – No.
——空旷。-我不是这个意思
– The hollowness. – That’s not what I meant.
缺乏自我意识。
The lack of self-awareness.
好吧,我不是这个意思。
Okay, that’s not what I’m pitching.
你的生活真的很悲惨。
It’s really how sad your life is.
好吧,你在耍我。
Okay, now you’re fucking with me.
听着,我现在在西德克萨斯州有一家人的女儿死于阿片类药物过量。
Listen, I’m in West Texas where this family just lost their daughter to an opioid overdose.
这很可悲,但也很常见。
That is sad but common.
不过,她哥哥不接受这是吸毒过量。
Except, her brother won’t accept it’s an overdose.
他说那是一起谋杀桉。
He says it was a murder.
基于什麽?
Based on what?
什麽都没有。
Nothing.
这就是故事。
And that’s the story.
这是一个存在主义犯罪故事。
This is an existential crime story.
这是《冷血》裡的情节,但没有杀手。
This is In Cold Blood, but there are no killers.
这是关于人们无法接受的美国新现实。
This is about a new American reality that people can’t accept.
所以,他们发明了这些神话和阴谋,这样他们就可以把自己塑造成英雄,因为……事实太难以接受了。
So instead, they invent these myths and conspiracies so they can cast themselves as heroes because… the truth is too hard to accept.
阿比林的死是关于美国身份认同的死亡,以及寻找替罪羊的需要。
The death of Abilene is about the death of American identity and the need to find someone to blame for it.
这不仅仅是一个关于复仇的故事。
This isn’t just a story about vengeance.
这是一个关于复仇的故事。
It’s a story about the need for vengeance.
复仇的意义。
The meaning of vengeance.
死白人女孩?
Dead white girl?
播客的圣盃。
Holy grail of podcasts.
埃洛伊塞,我真希望我的录音机开着。
Eloise, I wish my recorder were already on.
他已经在说这些疯狂的事情了。
He’s saying such crazy things already.
她的哥哥吗?
Her brother?
他就是这样一个人物。
He is such a character.
这样你就能接近他的家人了?
And you can get close to the family?
我能接近他的家人吗?
Can I get close to the family?
他们认为我是她的男朋友。
They think I was her boyfriend.
我的意思是……我参加了她的葬礼,看在上帝的份上。
I mean… I went to her funeral, for God’s sake.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!