这就是为什麽我们生活在分♥裂♥的时代。
That’s why we’re living in divided times.
这是……我很喜欢这样。哦。
That’s… I like that. Ooh.
-你喜欢吗?-是的。
– You like that? – Yeah.
你觉得怎麽样?你觉得这是个故事吗?
So, what do you think? Do you think that’s a story?
这是一个理论。
It’s a theory.
-理论就是故事。-不,理论不是故事。
– A theory is a story. – No, a theory is not a story.
是的,当它是关于一个想法的时候。
Yes, it is when it’s about an idea.
美国是一种理念。
And America is an idea.
所以才这麽棒。
That’s what makes it so great.
-所以,如果你…-不,美国是它的人♥民♥。
– So, if you’re… – No, America is its people.
所以才会这麽糟糕。
That’s what makes it so fucked up.
嘿。不是每个纽约的白人都需要播客。
Hey. Not every white guy in New York needs to have a podcast.
您有已验证的复选标记。
You have the verified check mark.
你得到了《纽约客》的职位。
You got the New Yorker position.
我想要更多。
I want something more.
我不只是想当作家。
I don’t just want to be a writer.
我…我想成为一个声音。
I… I want to be a voice.
虽然听起来很傻,但我关心美国。
As dorky as it sounds, I care about America.
不是用拉娜·德雷那种褪色的方式。
And not in that faded Lana Del Rey way.
现在我看到它分崩离析,而我们只是站在角落裡,好像在嘲笑它,你知道吗?
And now I see it falling apart, and we’re just standing in the corner, like, making fun of it, you know?
我想讲个故事…连接。
I’d like to try to tell some story that… connects.
好吧,好吧。好吧,然后……让我帮你连接。
Okay, okay. Well, then… let me help you connect.
你对美国的看法……即使它们很好,对吗?
With all your ideas about America… Even if they’re good, right?
你得把它们放进故事裡,因为美国人喜欢听故事。
You gotta put ’em in a story ’cause Americans listen to stories.
因为美国人也是人。
‘Cause Americans are people.
他们不是…的想法。
They’re not… ideas.
——你的身体。-是的。
– You’re-you’re here. – Yeah.
你需要留在这裡。
You need to be here.
明白了吗?
Does that make sense?
百分百。
Hundred percent.
我是罗宾·狄龙,这裡是美国时刻。
I’m Robin Dillon, and this is American Moment.
对于西蒙大拿州飞蝇钓鱼活动的组织者
To the organizers of the Western Montana fly-fishing…
-嗨。-嗨。
– Hi. – Hey.
你换了髮型。
You changed your hair.
-是的,你注意到了。——当然。
– Yeah, you noticed. – Of course.
图书界怎麽样?
How’s the book world?
什麽?
The what?
哦,什麽都没有。要喝点什麽吗?
Uh, nothing. Uh, can I get you a drink?
——是的。——太棒了。
– Yes. – Great.
我能为你做点什麽?
Um, what can I make you?
你能来点白葡萄酒吗?
Um, can you do, like, a white wine?
嗯,当然。
Um, sure.
我得开瓶喝才行。
I have to open a bottle for that.
哦,没关係。打开它。
Oh, that’s okay. Open it.
我只想来一杯。
I only want, like, one glass.
——你好吗?——本?
– Hello? – Ben?
是的。喂?
Yeah. Hello?
这是你这辈子接到的最糟糕的电♥话♥。
This is the worst phone call you’re ever gonna get in your life.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
你的女朋友死了。
Your girlfriend’s dead.
我很抱歉。Wh……你说什麽?
I’m sorry. Wh… What did you say?
她死了。
She’s dead.
不,不,是第一部分。
No, no, the first part.
你的女朋友。
Your girlfriend.
是的,我很抱歉。
Yeah, I’m sorry.
嗨,我不…我不明白你的意思。
Hey, I don’t… I don’t understand.
我知道。我知道,我知道。
I know. I know, I know.
我们也搞不懂。
We can’t make no sense of it either.
这是谁?
Who is this?
我是泰·肖。
This is Ty Shaw.
艾比的弟弟。
Abby’s brother.
嗯,嘿,我不…我真不知道该说什麽。
Um, hey, I don’t… I don’t really know what to say.
我知道,我知道这很难接受。
Oh, I know, I know this must be so hard to process.
我很抱歉。
I’m so sorry.
艾比跟我们说了很多你的事。
Abby told us so much about you.
艾比。
Abby.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
艾比。
Abby.
艾比是谁?
Who’s Abby?
嗯,一些女孩。嗯…- – – – – -那是谁?——呃,一些…我们确实一起出去玩了几次。
Uh, some girl. Um… – Who’s that? – Uh, some… We definitely hung out a few times.
我就不会…葬礼是星期天。
I-I wouldn’t have… Funeral’s Sunday.
哦,我的上帝。我,呃…你能告诉我哪裡可以送花吗?
Oh, my God. I’m, uh… Can you tell me where I can send flowers?
没必要送花啊,本。
Oh, there’s no need to send flowers, Ben.
哦,不,不,不,不,不。
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
我一定会送花的。
I’m absolutely gonna send flowers.
告诉我地址就行了。
Just, uh, you tell me the address.
看你能不能发短♥信♥给我。
See if you can text it to me.
如果你真想去,机场旁边有家花店。
If you really want, there’s a flower shop by the airport.
我去接你的时候顺便过去看看。
We’ll just swing by there when I pick you up.
你什麽时候来接我?
When you pick me up?
哦,嘿。
Uh, hey.
我的精神会在那裡。
I will be there in spirit.
精神航♥空♥公♥司♥。对的,男人。
Spirit Airlines. Right, man.
这是个不错的选择。
That’s a great choice.
告诉我是哪个航♥班♥就行了。
You just let me know what flight.
呃,嘿,呃,我…这只是…我做不到。
Uh, hey, uh, I… This is just… I can’t do this.
我们都做不到。
None of us can do this.
不是一个人。
Not alone.
你们都有自己的未来。
Y’all had your whole future ahead of you.
好的。
Okay.
好了,别哭了。
Okay, don’t cry.
我的意思是,不,哭。哭了起来。
I mean, no, cry. Cry.
-嗯,当然。-哦,上帝。
– Um, of course. – Oh, God.
与你的情绪保持联繫。嗯…真不敢相信我们要经历这些。
Be in touch with your emotions. Um… I can’t believe we have to go through this.
好的。好的。嗯,嗨。
Okay. All right. Um, hey.
提醒我一下你们到底在哪。
Remind me where you guys are exactly.
你以前去过德州吗?
Well, you’ve been to Texas before?
德克萨斯州。
Texas.
你在奥斯汀附近吗?
Okay, are you near Austin?
不,我们不在奥斯汀附近。
No, we’re not near Austin.
——达拉斯?-达拉斯不是德克萨斯。
– Dallas? – Dallas ain’t Texas.
——休斯顿?-休斯顿是另一个国家。
– Houston? – Houston’s another country.
你为什麽不直接告诉我…你听说过阿比林吗?这座城市。
Why don’t you just tell me where… Have you heard of Abilene? The city.
没听说过艾柏林,没有。
Never heard of Abilene, no.
艾比林离达拉斯大约三小时车程。
Well, Abilene is about three hours from Dallas.
好的。
Okay.
我们离艾柏林有五个小时的路程。
And we’re five hours from Abilene.
女士们,先生们…
Ladies and gentlemen…
嘿。嗨。
Hey. Hi.
当她还是个小女孩的时候,她可能很难对付……
And while she could be quite a handful when she was a girl…
真不敢相信我在用过去时谈论我女儿。
I can’t believe I’m talking about my daughter in the past tense.
她住在纽约。
She was living in New York.
她在音乐中找到了自己的声音。
She was finding her voice in music.
她终于找到了真爱。
And she finally found love.
本Manalowitz。
Ben Manalowitz.
一个成功的作家和纽约杂♥志♥的定期供稿人。
A successful writer and a regular contributor to New York Magazine.
《纽约客》。
The New Yorker.
但即使他很成功,他也一直尊重我们的女儿。
But even with all his success, he always respected our girl for who she was.
「妈妈,」她说,「你知道他是怎麽把我存进手♥机♥裡的吗?
“Mama,” she said, “you know how he has me saved in his phone?
德州」。
Texas.”
虽然她的生命很短暂,但她找到了自己的声音,找到了爱。
Well, as short as her life was, she found her voice, and she found love.
这就是全部了,对吧?
And that’s all there is, right?
这是正确的。
That’s right.
让我们听听本是怎麽说的。
Let’s hear from Ben.
——继续。-继续,本。
– Go ahead. – Go on, Ben.
不,我不能。
No, I couldn’t.
——谢谢。-没问题。
– Thank you. – You got it.
-兄弟,上来。-请说点什麽。
– Brother, come up. – Please say something.
去那裡。
Get up there.
的父亲。先生。
Father. Sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!