——本。-来吧,敬本。——本。
– To Ben. -Come on, to Ben. – To Ben.
——Whataburger Whataburger,。-敬一杯美味的奶昔。
– Whataburger, Whataburger. – To a good milkshake.
——Whoopah。——在那裡。
– Whoopah. – Over there.
谢谢。
Thanks.
你觉得怎麽样?
Well, what do you think?
我喜欢这个。
I love this.
你会怎麽做?
You do?
它总是在那裡。
And it’s always right there.
-对不起,妈妈。——哦。
– Excuse me, Mama. – Ooh.
这是德州的特色。
It’s a Texas thing.
你不应该这麽做,但你应该这麽做。
You’re not supposed to do it, but you’re supposed to do it.
你应该带上你的幸运数字,但我们认为每个数字对某人来说都是幸运的,所以我们把所有的数字都带上。
You’re supposed to take your lucky number, but we figure every number’s lucky to somebody, so we take all of ’em.
我不会告诉迈克和丹的
I won’t tell Mike and Dan.
好像他们会做任何事一样。
Like they’d do anything.
他们会说那是个意外。
They’d say it was an accident.
今晚聚会。
Party tonight.
-哦,着装要求是什麽?——啊。
– Oh, what’s the dress code? – Ugh.
野马和带扣的兔子。
Broncos and buckle bunnies.
啊。你知道的,现在他们真的是在把它和主题联繫在一起。
Ugh. You know, they’re seriously phoning it in with the themes nowadays.
你今晚想来吗?
You want to come tonight?
你可以从我的衣橱裡借点东西。
You can borrow something from my closet.
你可以走了吗?
You’re okay to go?
这不会激起你太多的感情吗?
It doesn’t stir up too many feelings for you?
你要继续生活。
You gotta keep living life.
就像叶卡捷琳娜大帝说的:「你必须回到马的下面。」
Like Catherine the Great said, “You gotta get right back under the horse.”
泰勒克莱顿。——什麽?
Tyler Clayton. – What?
我听了你推荐的历史播客。
I-I listened to that history podcast you recommended.
我有个问题要问你。
I’ve got a question for you.
你在德州有家人吗?
Have you got family in Texas?
不。
No.
你现在所做的。
You do now.
-对吧,各位?——是的,女士。
– Isn’t that right, everybody? – Yes, ma’am.
小心你许的愿,本。
Careful what you wish for, Ben.
1秒。
One second.
谁有蜜糖的东西在那边?
Who’s got a honey thing over there?
-我这裡有一些——谁?嗯,嗯,嗯。
– Um, I got some right here. – Anybody? Mmm, mmm, mmm.
-嗨。有什麽事吗?-嗨。
– Hey. What’s up? – Hey.
你的车爆♥炸♥了?
Your car blew up?
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
是的。是的。
Yeah. Yes.
我是说,我希望我能得到那种没人能得到的额外租赁保险,但我没事。
I mean, I wish I got that extra rental insurance that no one ever gets, but I’m fine.
很好。听着,我写完了,大家都很喜欢。
Good. Well, listen, I finished it, and everyone loves it.
谢谢。「完成」是什麽意思?
Thanks. What do you mean “finished it”?
你现在很危险,而且你已经得到了你需要的一切。
You’re clearly in danger, and you’ve already got everything you need.
我没有破桉。
Well, I didn’t solve the murder.
这样比较好。
It’s better this way.
一个没有解决方桉的暧昧结局。
You know, an ambiguous ending without resolution.
这是……这就是这样一个故事的秘密武器。
That’s… that’s the secret weapon with a story like this.
它折磨着你。
It gnaws at you.
它永远萦绕在你心头。
It haunts you forever.
你从不放手。
You never let it go.
不,还有更多,埃洛伊塞
No, there’s more to it, Eloise.
我就快成功了。
I-I’m getting so close.
虽然我们很想看到你因为一则新闻而被炸飞…——不,不。
As much as we’d love to see you – blown up for a story… – No, no.
我的良心告诉我,我必须选择一个人,而不是一个故事。
My conscience tells me I have to choose a person over a story.
不。
No.
不,不。
No, no.
否则,就得花上两年的时间去看心理医生,然后…在我的计划中我负担不起。
Otherwise, it would take, like, two years of therapy to justify it, and… I can’t afford that on my plan.
听着,你会因此成名的。
Look, you’re gonna be huge from this.
好吗?
Okay?
回家。
Come home.
——你还记得吗?——嘿,你。
– You remember? – Hey, you.
嘿。很抱歉。
Hey. Sorry about that.
是谁呢?
Who was that?
朋友
Friend.
是Equinox Girl Cute吗?
Was it Equinox Girl Cute?
还是娜塔莉·班布尔?
Or was it Natalie Bumble?
是我的播客製作人打来的。
Uh, it was, uh, my podcast producer.
一切都在正轨上。
Uh, and everything’s on track.
你这麽问真是太贴心了。
You’re very sweet to ask.
我非常爱你。
I love you mucho.
我们很幸运你找到了艾柏林。
We’re so lucky you found Abilene.
我真不知道她看上我哪点了。
I really don’t know what she saw in me.
我做的事。
I do.
我明白了。我完全理解。
I get it. I totally get it.
心见心。——哦。
– Heart sees heart. – Oh.
我来这裡和艾比在一起的时候…「疯狂的德州家庭」,对吧?
You know, when I came down here to spend time with Abby’s… “Crazy Texan family,” right?
是的。
Yeah.
我从没想过会是这样。
Uh, I never thought it would be like this.
人们会给你惊喜。
People can surprise you.
是的。
Yeah.
像阿比林。
Like Abilene.
我是说,她充满了惊喜。
I mean, she was full of surprises.
——像阿比林。——嗯。
– Like Abilene. – Mm-hmm.
名声很好,但是个瘾君子。
Great reputation, but a huge pill-popper.
什麽?
What?
你刚才说什麽?
What’d you just say?
把这个放到你的播客裡吧。
Mm. Put that in your podcast, maybe.
你从哪儿听来的?
Where’d you hear that?
女孩们告诉我的。
The girls told me.
泰让我们什麽都别说。
Ty told us not to say anything.
你是认真的吗?
Are you fucking serious?
我以为如果你知道她在吸毒就不会跟我这麽做了。
I thought you wouldn’t do this with me if you knew that she was using.
你认为呢?
You think?
毒品是阿比林做的事。
Drugs was something Abilene did.
她不是这样的人。
It’s not who she was.
但这就是她的死因,我们也在调查。
But it is how she died, which is what we were investigating.
我以为事情不止如此。
I thought there was more to this.
我以为我们能互相瞭解一下,那就太好了。
I thought that you and I would get to know each other, and that would be cool.
我…也许这是悲伤过程的一部分。
I… Maybe it was part of the grieving process.
否认?
Denial?
这不是悲伤十二步法之一吗?
Isn’t that one of the 12 steps of grief?
这是悲伤的五个阶段,12步恢复,但我知道这裡的每个人都更熟悉后者。
It’s five stages of grief, 12 steps to recovery, but I understand that everyone here is more familiar with the latter.
它是複杂的。
It’s complicated.
不是。其实很简单。
It’s not. It’s actually very simple.
这裡的一切其实都很简单,也许这就是我花了这麽长时间才理解它的原因。
Everything here is actually really simple, and maybe that’s why it took me so long to understand it.
我听从了自己的内心,这就是我们在这裡所做的。
Well, I was following my heart, and that’s what we do around here.
跟随自己的心。
You follow your heart.
是的。
Yeah.
也许是时候看看周围问问自己这对你有什麽好处了。
Well, maybe it’s time to look around and ask yourselves how that’s working out for you.
也许你应该改变一下,跟着你的大脑走。
Maybe you should try following your brain for a change.
因为当你跟随自己的内心,地球是平的,气候变化是一个骗局,疫苗含有微芯片,墨西哥毒贩杀了你的妹妹。
Because when you follow your heart, the Earth is flat, climate change is a hoax, vaccines contain microchips, and Mexican drug dealers killed your sister.
你们编造了这些疯狂的故事来解释为什麽你们的生活如此糟糕因为真♥相♥太可怕了,你们不敢面对,那就是你们自己造成的。

You invent these insane fucking narratives to explain why your lives are such shit shows because the truth is too scary for you to face, which is that you did it to yourselves.
你知道我老家的人是怎麽说你们的吗?
Do you know what people say about you guys where I’m from?
-让我猜猜。坏事。——不。更糟。
– Let me guess. Bad things. – No. Worse.
我们说好事
We say good things.
「我们本应该认真对待它们,但我们却认真对待它们。」
“We took them seriously when we should’ve taken them literally.”
你都没有。
You’re neither.
你们不是认真的人。
You’re not serious people.
也许现在是你们认真对待我们的时候了因为我的家乡很有趣。
And maybe it’s time for you all to take us seriously and literally because where I’m from is fun and interesting.
这裡的人丰富多样,而你的小镇是这样的!
And the people are rich and diverse, and, meanwhile, your town looks like this!
祝福你的心。
Bless your heart.
我知道那是什麽意思。
Oh, and I know what that means.
所以你知道吗?祝福你的心。
So you know what? Bless your heart.
祝福你的心。祝福你们所有人。
Bless your heart. Bless all your hearts.
你们所有的心都可以去祝福他们自己。
All your hearts can go bless themselves.
你凭什麽跟我们说话?
Who are you to talk to us?
我还得拉你去她的葬礼!
I had to drag you to her fucking funeral!
你是谁?
Who are you?
如果你的车在布鲁克林爆♥炸♥,有人会…有人来帮你吗?
If your car would’ve blown up in Brooklyn, would anyone… Anyone come to help you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!