很普通的事情,说起来很难过。
Very common thing, sad to say.
这是什麽?
What’s this right here?
看起来有两对指纹。
Looks like two pairs of prints.
牛仔靴。
Cowboy boots.
发出全境通告,发现两个穿着牛仔靴的人。
Calling out an APB to find two men wearing cowboy boots.
——好的。-搞什麽鬼?
– Okay. – What the fuck?
下台。
Stand down.
儿子,我希望你一切都好,真的。
Son, I wish you well, I really do.
上帝保佑你的小心脏,但这都不是我们的管辖范围。
And bless your little heart, but this ain’t even our jurisdiction, though.
——不是吗?——不,先生。
– It’s not? – No, sir.
这是在高速公路上。
This was along the highway.
你想跟公路巡警谈谈。
You want to talk to highway patrol.
那不就像一个警长吹着他的热风把你直接吹进我的办公室吗。
Well, ain’t that just like a sheriff to puff his hot air and blow you straight into my office.
如果有人在29号♥公路上的派对上吸毒过量,我很抱歉,但我们还有事要做。
If there’s a drug overdose at a party in some fucking field off 29, I’m sorry, but we got shit to do.
我们不是一群呆呆地盯着大黄蜂的陆军士兵。
We’re not a bunch of Army rejects just gazing at the Rio Grande.
-我从没这麽说过。-我不是在说我们
– I never said that you were. – I wasn’t talking about us.
高速公路巡警就是这麽跟你说的吗?
Oh, is that what they told you over at highway patrol?
你可以去告诉小布朗和其他那些光荣的收费员如果他们多花点时间用真枪少用点雷达枪,
Well, you can go tell Junior Brown and the rest of them glorified meter maids that if they spent more time with their real guns and less with their radar guns,
我们也许就不用在跨佩科斯大街上到处追那个该死的德州黑帮了!
we might not have to chase the goddamn Texas syndicate up and down the Trans-Pecos!
明白了吗?
Got it?
是的。如果我能找到一种自然的方式,在与他们的对话中加入这些内容,我就会这麽做。
Yes. If I find a natural way to work that into the conversation with them, I will do that.
——DRT。——DRT。
– DRT. – DRT.
——DRT。-死在那裡。
– DRT. – Dead right there.
执法部门一点帮助都没有。
Law enforcement was no help at all.
你在那裡学到了很多,不是吗?
You’re learning a lot down there, aren’t you?
谋杀或服药过量发生在很多这样的事情发生的地方。
The murder or overdose happened where a lot of these things happen.
在四个重叠司法管辖区的交汇处。
At the intersection of four overlapping jurisdictions.
所以他们都踢向对方。
So they all kicked it to each other.
几率有多大?
What are the odds?
几率有多大?
What are the odds?
好了,我要和大家讨论一下这个问题,调整一下拼字板,然后我要去找罗宾听听她的想法。
Okay, I’m gonna kick this around with the team for a little bit, shake up the Boggle board, and then I’m gonna hit up Robin to get her thoughts.
好的。谢谢,埃路易斯。谢谢,每一个人。
All right. Thanks, Eloise. Thanks, everybody.
——再见,本。——再见,本。
– Bye, Ben. – Bye, Ben.
你可能都不看这个了,但我在德州的家裡,我很无聊。
Um, you’re probably not even gonna watch this, but I’m back home in Texas, and I’m bored.
这是我弟弟,梅森。
This is my little brother, Mason.
他睡在我的地板上,因为他怕鬼。
He sleeps on my floor because he’s afraid of ghosts.
我想告诉他世上没有鬼,但无所谓。
And I tried to tell him there’s no such thing as ghosts, but whatever.
这样他就能和我在一起。
It keeps him close to me.
所以我想在这裡也不全是坏事。
So I guess it’s not all bad being here.
这是,嗯……嗯,就是这样。
That’s, um… Well, that’s it.
梅森。
Mason.
是的,先生?
Yes, sir?
只是说声晚安。
Just saying good night.
你把我叫醒就为了道声晚安?
You woke me up just to say good night?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我非常爱你。
I love you mucho.
集体意识。
Collective consciousness.
如果每个人都相信同一件事…
If everyone believes the same thing…
但在没有任何事实支持的情况下,我们是听从直觉,还是无视它?
but without any facts to support it, do we listen to that intuition or dismiss it?
过量?
An overdose?
她这辈子连止痛药都没吃过。
Girl never took so much as an Advil in her life.
她连止痛药都没碰过。
She never touched so much as an Advil.
你去过抽水千斤顶旁边的派对吗?
You ever go to a party out by the pump jacks?
每个人都是。没有人去了。
Everybody goes. Nobody went.
我不在那裡。
I wasn’t there.
问题是你得到了所有这些明亮的,有创意的灯,却没有地方插入他们的能量。
The problem is you get all these bright, creative lights and nowhere to plug in their energy.
所以它被引向阴谋论,毒品和暴♥力♥。
And so it gets channeled into conspiracy theories and drugs and violence.
我来这裡是想知道为什麽悲伤的人会选择相信一个神话。
I came here to find out why people in grief would choose to believe a myth.
我不知道这一切之间有什麽联繫,但你肯定知道。
I don’t know shit about how this all connects, but you bet your ass it does.
ms – 13 ?那条线吗?
MS-13? La Linea?
是的,我对La Linea很熟悉。
Yeah, I’m familiar with La Linea.
他们去年杀害了41名记者。
They actually murdered 41 journalists last year.
哦,他们也做过坏事。
Oh, they’ve done bad things, too.
但现在我发现自己在想,这种直觉中蕴含了多少真理。
But now I find myself wondering how much truth might be embedded in that intuition.
你不会碰巧知道她的手♥机♥密♥码♥吧?
You don’t happen to know her phone password, do you?
把它传给了全州所有的极客小队。
Took it to every Geek Squad in the state.
这是不可能破解的。
It’s impossible to crack.
-这不是我们。-你找错部门了。
– This ain’t us. – You got the wrong department.
——公路巡警。迈克和丹。——边境巡逻。
– Highway patrol. -Mike and Dan. – Border patrol.
治安部门。-你想去县裡。
– Sheriff’s department. – You want county.
在德州,一切都更大,包括你的期望和现实。
Everything’s bigger in Texas, including your expectations and its reality.
我是主持人本·马纳洛维茨,这位是来自美国广播集团的阿比林。
I’m your host, Ben Manalowitz, and from American Radio Collective, this is Abilene.
嘿。
Hey.
猜猜是谁打来的。
Guess who’s on the line.
嘿。这是罗宾。
Hey. It’s Robin.
我製作「美国时刻」。
I produce American Moment.
是的。我知道你是谁。
Yeah. I-I know who you are.
这是没办法,嗯……很高兴见到你,罗宾。
It’s-it’s, um… It’s great to meet you, Robin.
-你好吗?-很高兴和你聊天。
– How are you? – Great to talk to you.
我喜欢你对死白人女孩的处理。
I love what you’re doing with Dead White Girl.
谢谢你!非常感谢。
Thank you. Thank you so much.
埃洛伊丝说我们会把这个故事的一部分作为《美国时刻》的一个环节,这将有助于推广你的系列节目。
Eloise pitched that we use some of the story as a segment on American Moment, and that would help promote your series.
哇。这样它就会上美国时刻了。
Wow. So it’d be on American Moment.
你得到的一切都很棒。
Everything you’re getting is great.
剧中的角色非常棒。
The characters are amazing.
是的。不,我是说,角色太棒了。
Yeah. No, I mean, the characters are unbelievable.
泰就是个爆竹。
Ty is just a total firecracker.
奶奶应该有自己的节目。
And Granny deserves her own show.
然后艾柏林,我是说…越多人听到她的声音,就会越多人爱上她。
And then Abilene, I mean… The more people hear her voice, the more they’re gonna fall in love with her.
所以如果你觉得你能把手头的东西加强,我们可以把它放到週日的那集。
So if you think you can tighten up what you have, we can work it into Sunday’s episode.
是的。我…绝对的。
Yeah. I… Absolutely.
我很乐意。
I’d love to.
哇。是的。是的,我能做到。
Wow. Yeah. Yeah, I can do that.
我能问问你在吃什麽吗?
Can I ask what you’re eating?
这是,嗯,玉米饼。
This is, um, Frito pie.
听起来太好了。
It’s great sound.
那是什麽?
What is that?
炸玉米饼就是把一袋炸玉米饼切开然后倒辣椒进去。
Uh, Frito pie is when they cut open a bag of Fritos and they pour chili in it.
然后用叉子从袋子裡拿出来吃。
Then you eat it out of the bag with a fork.
啊。这是噁心。
Ugh. That is disgusting.
是的,以一种好的方式。
Yeah, in a good way.
本,你在听吗?
Ben, are you there?
本,我跟丢你了吗?
Ben, did I lose you?
你怎麽了,孩子?
What happened to you, son?
我的普锐斯爆♥炸♥。
My Prius exploded.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
哦,谢天谢地。你没事吧?
Oh, thank heavens. Are you all right?
嘿。
Hey.
-是的。-看啊
– Yeah. – Oh, look at that.
——哦,嘿。-发生了什麽事?
– Oh, hey. – What happened?
-我很好。-他的车爆♥炸♥了,妈妈!
– I’m fine. – His car blew up, Mom!
哦,这太操蛋了!这个…克莱顿-泰勒!——对不起。
Oh, it’s so fucked up! This… – Tyler Clayton! – Sorry.
你没事,我们太感激了。
We’re just so grateful you’re all right.
哦,我的上帝。如果你开的是一辆有汽油什麽的真车呢?
Oh, my God. What if you were driving a real car with gas and stuff?
是的。
Yeah.
本,这是我们快成功的信♥号♥♥。
Ben, this is a message that we’re getting close.
或者是孩子们无缘无故和坦纳瑞特鬼溷。
Or it’s kids fucking around for no reason with Tannerite.
我不敢相信你们都来了。
I can’t believe you’re all here.
那我们还能在哪裡?
Well, where else would we be?
来吧。姑娘们在车裡等着呢。
Come on. The girls are waiting in the car.
我们走吧。
Let’s go.
-嘿,你一瘸一拐的吗?——没有。
– Hey, are you limping? – No.
你确定吗?
You sure about that?
-来吧,妈妈。-是的。他的脸看起来很好。
– Come on, Mama. – Yeah. His face looks all right.
-他会没事的-我见过更糟的
– He’s gonna be all right. – Yeah, I seen worse.
来吧,朋友。
Come on, buddy.
-一切都好吗?——太好了。
– How is everything? – So good.
这是我们的朋友本。
This is our friend Ben.
这是他第一次来Whataburger。
And this is his first time at Whataburger.
-我们乾一杯吧。——谢谢。
– Let’s have a toast. – Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!