That man, sitting over there in the white suit
是自披头士以来
is the biggest thing to
这个国家出过的最著名的歌♥手
come out of this country since sliced Beatles.
而在国外 没人知道他到底是谁
Outside this country, no one knows who the hell he is.
你们将会改变这一点
You people, you’re gonna change all that.
你们是演员
You guys, you’re the actors.
把Brian Slade从流行歌♥手
It’s up to you to change Brian Slade, pop singer,
变成宇宙巨星Maxwell Demon
into Maxwell Demon,
就取决于你们了
space-age fucking superstar!
没什么诀窍 为什么
Nothing fantastic about it. Why?
因为变成巨星的秘诀是
Because the secret of becoming a star
知道怎么表现得像一名巨星
is knowing how to behave like one.
– 嘿 孩子们 开工吧 – 没错
– Hey kids, let’s put on a show! – Precisely.
开拍
Action!
卡 卡 卡 补妆
Cut! Cut! Cut! Cut! Sort him out!
Bijou音乐公♥司♥ 下午好
Bijou Music Associates. Good afternoon.
– 有什么事我能帮您的吗 – Brian
– How may I help you? – Brian.
Bijou 您好
Bijou. Hello.
是的 这里就是前台 有什么我能帮助您的
Yes. You’re through the reception. What can I help you?
哦 亲爱的 我是自北美移♥民♥以来最著名的人了
Oh, darling, I’m the biggest thing to hit the rocket since the pilgrim.
– 我知道 – 自从
– I know. – Well, since…
我知道这是破天荒 我知道这是非正统的 但是先生
I know it’s unprecedented, I know it’s unorthodox, but sir,
如果你想要Brian Slade
if you want Brian Slade,
这些就是条件
those are the terms.
你要么接受要么拒绝
You may take them or leave them.
– 你好 – 我是Shannon Hazelbourne
– Yes? – I’m Shannon Hazelbourne.
– 谁 – 我致电询问过这个职位
– Who? – I rang up about the position.
– 什么职位 – 助理文员
– The what? – Assistant clerical aid.
哦 那个职位啊 好极了 跟我来
Oh, the position. Fine. Brilliant. Follow me!
万岁
Hurray! Zounds!
Shannon
Now, Shannon,
我知道你很有当助理的才能
I realize of course your talents lie within the clerical art
但我还是想知道
but I was wondering by chance
你有没有服装方面的工作经验
if you had any experience with wardrobe?
没有 从没有
No, never.
好极了 这就够了
Fantastic. I think that’s everything.
不 我说我没有
No, I said I didn’t.
大家听着
Everybody!
我来给你们介绍
I’d like to introduce you
我们可爱的新服装管♥理♥员♥
to our lovely new Wardrobe Mistress.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
– Shannon – Shannon 欢迎你
– Shannon. – Shannon. Welcome Shannon!
棒极了 好的 Mr. Weinberg
Excellent! Yes, Mr. Weinberg!
非常感谢您 再见
Thank you very much indeed, sir. Cheers!
– 堪称卓越 – Jerry 怎么了
– Extraordinary! – What Jerry? What?
告诉我 Demon大人
So tell me, Master Demon,
你在美国最想见到的人是谁
who would you most fancy meeting in America?
干得漂亮 Jerry 快说葛丽泰·嘉宝吧 Brian 拜托了
Ah, bravo! Jerry! Garbo, Brian, please!
– 我要见马龙·白兰度 – 我要见爱因斯坦
– Brando for me. – Einstein.
– 不好意思 姑娘 他已经去世了 – 但Jerry说任何人都行
– Very sorry chickee. He’s dead. – Jerry said anyone.
Brian 是谁啊
Brian? Who?
Curt Wild 我想见他
Curt Wild. I want to meet Curt Wild.
我们真的见到了Curt Wild
And meet Curt Wild we did.
– Mr. Wild? – 什么事
– Mr. Wild? – Yeah?
我是来自伊莱克特拉的Rodney
I’m Rodney from Electra.
我这边有位来自英格兰的
I have Brian Slade here
Brian Slade想过来跟你打个招呼
from England who just wanted to pop over, say hello.
我只是想说
I just wanted to say
我觉得你的音乐是顶尖的
I think your music is tops.
真的 了不起的 最中之最
Really, smashing. Best of the lot.
了不起 最中…
Smashing… top of…
扯淡
jolly… shit.
对不起 亲爱的
Sorry, darling.
那时 Curt Wild没有经纪人
Now at that time, Curt Wild was between management
Brian清楚这事
and Brian knew this,
当然他怂恿Devine争取到这个机遇
of course, and urged Devine to pursue the situation.
如果有可能引起Brian的兴趣的话
And so if, in that probability, an interest arose
他会参与几个项目
in which Brian would serve on some projects,
可能的话 但排除特例
possibly, though not exclusively,
是我们从你这里入手 Curt
as we’re taking our lead from you here, Curt,
你可能可以担任项目的制♥作♥人
possibly as producer on that project.
这个方案怎么样 就单纯的假设
How might that scenario, purely hypothetically…
你觉得这个方案会不会吸引你
how might that scenario appeal to you at this juncture?
Jerry想表达的意思是
What Jerry’s trying to say is
你想要来伦敦录唱片吗
do you want to come to London to cut a record?
哦 好 酷
Oh, yeah. Cool.
非常好
Very good!
但我们能帮你做些什么
But how can we help you?
你一定要告诉我们 你需要什么
You must tell us. What do you need?
所有
Everything.
海♥洛♥因♥是我的精神支柱
See, heroin was my mainman.
但是现在我在服用美♥沙♥酮♥戒毒 试着振作起来
But now I’m on the methadone and I’m getting my act together.
你来这里说想帮忙
You come here and say you wanna help
我说 嘿 酷毙了
and I say, hey, far out.
你可以成为我的精神支柱
You could be my mainman.
正在发生的事很明确了 天天都在发生
It was pretty clear what was happening. It happens every day.
但是对于世界来说促成此事
But for the world to think it was happening, well,
得归功于Jerry特有的天赋
that was Jerry’s particular genius.
随即他开始宣传他俩
Right away he started promoting the two of them
就好像是四十年代的一对闪耀巨星
like a pair of 40s starlets on the swoon.
就如同七十年代的屈塞与赫本
A Tracy and Hepburn for the 70s.
我的职业生涯每况愈下 朋友
My career was on the skids, mate.
你让我脱离泥潭
And you fished me out of the muck.
你确实让我重新振作
You got me back on my feet, you did.
这不算什么 伙计
It was nothing, chum.
我想帮你
I wanted to help you
作出更多标新立异的音乐
make more of that far out sound.
我爱你的音乐 我的孩子 我爱…
I love your music, my son, and I love…
你无需说出来
You don’t have to say it, mate.
每个创造艺术的伟大时代
Every great century that produces art is,
迄今为止都是人为产物
so far, an artificial century.
看上去是那个时代
And the work that seems
最自然简单的作品
the most natural and simple of its time,
总是投入最多自我意识的结果
is always the result of the most self-conscious effort.
我只有在
I am not really myself
富人区中心的
except in the midst of elegant crowds
优雅人群中
at the heart of rich districts
或者置身于豪♥宅♥酒店的奢华装饰
or amid the sumptuous ornamentation of palace hotels,
拥有大批佣人且脚踩长绒地毯时才是真正的自己
an army of servants and a plush carpet underfoot.
音乐与生活本质是一样的
What is true about music is true about life
美能展示一切
that beauty reveals everything
因为它表达无物
because it expresses nothing.
生活第一要务是谋求职位
The first duty in life is to assume a post.
第二要务
What the second duty is
还无人发觉
no one has yet found out.
这位唯美主义者
The Aesthete Gives Characteristically
是个典型的愤世嫉俗的人
Cynical Evidence
他饱含尖刻的警句
Replete with Pointed Epigram and Startling Paradox
和惊人的悖论就是证据
while Explaining His Views on Morality in Art.
Brian Brian
Brian, Brian!
Maxwell Demon是太空人物
Maxwell Demon is the story of a space creature,
他是摇滚的救世主
who becomes a rock and roll messiah
却毁于其自身的成功
only to be destroyed by his own success.
你说这是你的命运吗
Are you saying this is your destiny?
你是Maxwell Demon吗
Are you Maxwell Demon?
人在说话的时候代表的是他自身
Man is least himself, when he talks in his own person!
给他一个面具他会告诉你真♥相♥
Give him a mask and he’ll tell you the truth!
Brian Brian
Brian! Brian!
你觉得花♥花♥公♥子♥们都是同性恋吗
Is it your belief that all dandies are homosexual?
罪人的话最无用了
Ha! Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner!
让让