新人Brian Slade
newcomer Brian Slade
表演了他的新主打歌♥”担负一切”
performed his hit single ‘The Whole Shebang’,
脚踩厚底靴 涂着亮闪闪的眼影
dressed in platform boots and wearing glitter eye make-up.
节目的发言人
A spokesman for the show,
以发掘流行乐坛的闪亮新星而闻名
known for showcasing pop’s brightest stars,
称他们一整晚都在接听洪水般泛滥的电♥话♥
says they’ve been deluged with calls all evening.
第二天伦敦的所有女学生
The next day every schoolgirl in London
都会涂着亮闪闪的眼影
was wearing glitter eye make-up.
而我却丢了工作
And I was out of a bleeding job.
正如他们所说 强者获胜
And that, as they say, was that.
从那以后 我再也没有收到Brian的消息
I would not hear another word from Brian,
或者他们之中任何人关于那事的后续
or any of them for that matter, ever again.
你有想过最后他怎么样了吗
Have you got any idea what ultimately happened to him?
他如今在哪儿
I mean, where is he today?
上一次我听说他回到伯明翰 但…
Last I heard he’d returned to Birmingham, but…
那是三年前还是四年前的事了
this was three years ago? Four?
抱歉 我恐怕没法回答你这个问题
No, I’m sorry, I’m afraid I can’t help you there.
– 看起来可能不可避免 – 不可避免什么
– Looks as though it may be unavoidable. – What’s that?
去找他的前妻问问
The ex, I’m afraid.
每一个故事需要一个相反的观点
But then every story needs a contrary opinion,
去找Mandy 保证会听到正反两面的观点
and with Mandy you’re guaranteed excesses of both.
你是Miss. Slade吗
Miss. Slade?
怎么了
Yeah?
我是先驱报的记者Arthur Stuart
I’m Arthur Stuart, from the Herald.
我们在电♥话♥里聊过
We spoke on the phone.
总之 我有几个问题想问
Anyway, I’ve just got a few questions I wanted to ask.
不会耽误太久
It shouldn’t take too long.
你介意我坐下吗
Do you mind if I sit down?
这是一个自♥由♥的国度 算是
It’s a free country. Sort of.
你喝的是什么
So, what are you having?
加冰的威士忌
Scotch. Rocks.
来两杯
Yeah, make that two.
天 你一定是为了独家新闻来
Gee. You must be after some damn exclusive copy.
是一篇关于Brian Slade的报道
Well, it’s a piece on Brian Slade.
你没在开玩笑吧
You’re not kidding.
– 类似回忆录那种吗 – 是
– What, sort of a memory jog kind of thing? – Yeah.
距离整个假枪击事件
Well it’s been, ten years since the whole…
已有十年了
fake shooting incident.
真是够逼真的
Oh, and what a fake it was.
欺骗所有人最后换来货真价实的不知所踪
Tricking us all in the end with such an authentic demise.
你是指他的事业吗
His career, you mean?
你对于他遭遇了什么
I mean, have you got any idea
或是如今在哪儿有任何头绪吗
what happened to him or where he is today?
你就不能查档案吗 输入名字就好
Can’t you just, run him through the files? Punch in the name?
那样查不到
No, not exactly.
老实讲 亲爱的
Because, honestly darling,
我和Mr. Slade至少
I haven’t spoken with Mr. Slade
有七年没说过话了
in seven years, at least.
七年? 哇
Seven years? Wow.
对 至少 你抽烟吗
Wow. Yeah. At least. Smoke?
不 谢谢了
No thanks.
就在一切都崩♥盘♥后 我们分开了
No, right after everything crashed, we… we split.
Brian变成了另外一个人
And Brian, he just became someone else.
但 他向来是那样子
But again, he always was.
朋友 交十先令
That’s 10 bob to you, mate.
那是1969年的跨年夜 70年的开始
It was New Year’s Eve 1969, the start of a new decade,
不管你走到哪里 都有一种对未来的感知
and everywhere you went there was this sense of the future,
感觉任何事都是可能的
the feeling in the air that anything was possible.
Jack Fairy在摇摆的六十年代也来到了伦敦
See, Jack Fairy had also come to London in the swinging sixties.
在人群攒动的俱乐部或是酒店的酒吧
And in crowded clubs or hotel bars,
这个街头混混
this shipwreck of the streets
仿佛是在排演他未来的荣光
rehearsed his future glory.
一支香烟追寻着爬向星空的阶梯
A cigarette tracing a ladder to the stars.
同性恋 双性恋 性取向不明
Maricon, bisexuelle, sexe douteux.
受虐狂
Le Vice Anglais.
不用我提对于摇滚明星来说
I needn’t mention how essential dreaming is
梦想是有多至关重要了
to the character of the rock star.
Jack 亲爱的
Jack, darling!
Jack是他这类人的先驱
Jack was truly the first of his kind.
一个真正的原型 所有人都借鉴Jack
A true original. Everybody stole from Jack.
但从Brian Slade踏入我们生活的那一刻开始
But from the moment Brian Slade stepped into our lives,
一切都变得不同
nothing would ever be the same.
这是他的天性
It was his nature.
你会跳摇摆舞吗
Do you jive?
于是我嫁给了他
So… I married him.
时间
Times,
地点 人
places, people…
一切都在加速
They’re all speeding up.
那就去对付这渐进的偏执
So to cope with this evolutionary paranoia,
被选中的陌生人
strange people are chosen,
通过他们的艺术
who, through their art,
加速了这一进程
can move progress more quickly.
这是我们的婚姻中
It was the most stimulating
最发人深省的时期
and reflective period of our marriage.
谢谢 还有欢迎
Thank you and welcome,
流行乐的拾荒者来到”流行精选”
pop pickers, to ‘Pick of the Pops’.
我是Davy Rocket
I’m Davy Rocket
今天我们为你们准备了一个很特别的秀
and we have a very special show for you today,
献给流行乐界闪耀新人之一
dedicated to one of pop’s blazing new talents,
他紧紧掌控着英伦乐坛
and one who’s been holding a virtual reign over the British charts
有着令人吃惊的横霸榜单18个月的记录
for a startling record breaking 18-month span.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
我向你们介绍无与伦比的Brian Slade
I give you the incomparable Brian Slade.
还是我该称他为Maxwell Demon
Or should I say… Maxwell Demon.
BGM: We Are the Boys – Pulp
前排的小伙子
The bloke at the front.
Brian 为什么要化妆呢
Brian, why the make-up?
为什么 因为摇滚是堕落的
Why? Because rock and roll’s a prostitute!
表演就应该打扮
It should be tarted up! Performed!
音乐是副面具
The music is the mask, while I,
肥大的雪纺下才是我要传递的讯息
in my chiffon and taff, well, varda the message.
Brian Brian
Brian, Brian!
那边穿西服的小伙子
Bloke in the suit there.
那你的粉丝呢
What about your fans?
他们难道不会被误导吗
Aren’t they likely to get the… the wrong impression?
你说说看误导什么了
And which wrong impression is that?
你闪闪发光的衣服像基佬的穿着
Well, you’re a blinking fruit!
谢谢你 先生
Well thank you, sir,
我一点也不担心
and no, it doesn’t concern me in the least.
如果人们对我有你极力描述的
I should think that if people were to get that impression of me
那种印象
the one to which you so eloquently refer,
我想那一点也算不上错误的印象
it wouldn’t be a wrong impression in the slightest.
这就是我 爸爸 这就是我
That is me, that’s me, dad, that’s me!
大家都知道大多数人是双性恋
I mean, everybody knows most people are bisexual.
还有别的问题吗
Any more questions?
好 带贝雷帽的女士
Yeah, woman with the beret.
你给我的印象是
I was under the impression
你已婚并且住在伦敦北部
that you were married and living North London…
我是已婚 非常幸福
I am married. Quite happily, in fact.
我只是碰巧像喜欢女孩一样喜欢男孩
I just happen to like boys as much as I like girls.
我妻子也是这样的人
And seeing as my wife feels pretty much the same about such things.
我认为我们在此方面
I should think we’ve been
目前为止做的很得体
able to make a fairly decent go of it so far.
好的 还有问题吗 非常感谢
Alright, any more questions? Okay, thank you very much.
Brian人生中的第一次
For the first time in Brian’s life,
这么坦率地回答问题
he was simply telling it like it was.
他意识到他已经这么做了吗
Did he realize what he’d actually done?
他怎么意识得到
How could he have?
如今 这种言论会引发人们上街游♥行♥抗♥议♥
I mean today, there’d be fighting in the streets.
但是在1972年 更像是跳舞
But in 1972, it was more like dancing.
坐在那里穿白色衣服的男人