克里斯来自费城
And Chris is from Philadelphia.
这下清楚了么?
Got it?
这下明白了,我喜欢费城
I think so. l like Philadelphia.
那儿的起司牛排很惊艳,还有冰淇淋……
Very good cheese steaks…And ice cream….
副官……
Lieutennant…
哦,对不起,对不起……她,就这样失踪了
I’m sorry, sorry. So she disappeared.
现在给我说一下具体情况
Now tell me the circumstances.
我们天生一对……能跟她在一起真是太好了
We have a million ways along…This is wonderful.
我们从不出门,就呆在公♥寓♥里,然后……然后我们……
Never went out, stayed in condo and…and…
哦,我懂你的
Oh yeah, I get the picture.
昨晚是我们第一次吵架
Then Iast night we had our first argument.
我甚至都忘了开始是因为什么事儿了
I don’t even remember how it started.
然后发展到我们对彼此大呼小叫
Then we were yelling at each other,
她说我没给她足够的私人空间
she said that I wasn’t giving her enough space.
是的,她们总会说这样的话
Yeah, they say things like that.
之后她就打包走人了
Next thing I knew is she packed her bag and left.
她们也总会干这样的事
They also do things like that.
我本以为她昨晚肯定会回来,但是她没有
l was sure she was gonna come back Iast night, but she didn’t.
而且直到今天早上还没回来
And she didn’t show up this morning.
你看,我并不想把警♥察♥牵扯进来
Look, l hate bringing the police into this,
但我真的开始担心了
but I’m really beginning to get worried.
她长什么样子?
What does she Iook like?
她很漂亮
She is beautiful.
而且她开了辆鲜黄色的轿车,非常好认
You can’t miss this: she’s driving a canary – yellow sedan.
车子是租来的吗?
Rental car?
是的,这才是最令我担心的事情,她的开车技术真的很糟
Yeah. That’s what worries me. See the thing is she is the world’s worst driver.
我也头疼这里的路况:
I hate the idea around these roads:
道路都是曲折蜿蜒的,还到处冰天雪地
these hairpin curves all this ice and snow…
我怕她开车上山了
l’m afraid she can drive out for mountain or something.
凯尼恩先生,坏消息就是:
Mr. Kenyon, Ihave some bad news for you:
大多数情况下,她们还是会回来的
Most of the time, they come back.
我希望她快点回来
I want her to come back.
你先把你现在的地址和电♥话♥留给我,我打几个电♥话♥确认下就给
Here, why don’t you leave me your local address and phone number, l’ll make a few calls.
非常感谢……
I appreciate that.
她说不定住旅馆去了
She probably checked into a hotel.
等她回心转意了,你肯定会在你的门前再看到她对你回眸一笑
As soon she cools off, I bet she turns upon your front doorstep.
那如果她没有呢?
And if she doesn’t?
相信我,我们是本地人, 找到她只是时间问题
Believe me, we’re locater, just give us time.
不如换个角度看问题:
And look at it this way:
蜜月还是蜜月,剩下的时间还能好好享受
Hey, giving the nature of your hoenymoon, you could probably use the rest.
谢谢!
Thank you!
早上好!
Morningl
要搭便车吗?
Want a Iift?
你说什么?
Huh?
呼吸一下氧气对我更有好处
Better on an oxygen-take.
– 你起得真早 – 你也是
You’re up early So are you.
我和贝基睡得连夜里的火警和枪声都没听到
Bekey and I sleep through the fire sirens and gun shots,
却在早上6点被鸟叫声吵醒
here the birds blow me out of bed at the six o’clock.
我给你打电♥话♥但是你没在家
I called but you weren’t in.
我睡不着
l couldn’t sleep.
快上车,外面太冷了
Hop in, it’s cold out there.
我发现跑会儿步能让我分分神,不去想克里斯的事情
Ifigure a little running can split my mind of Chris.
我昨晚没有收到你的消息, 我还以为你……
I didn’t hear from you last night. So Ifigured you were…
我们先去你朋友的房♥子看
Let’s wait till we get to your place.
就在你的左手边
lt’s up here on the left.
这里吗?
ls this it?
真的是个适合度蜜月的好地方
Nice place for a honeymoon.
要是在旅游旺季这可以同时租给两拨人住,但现在是淡季
Assuming it’s double occupancy, but it isn’t the moment.
果真不错
Not bad.
你朋友是做什么工作的?专门抢银行的吗?
What your friend do for a living? Rob banks?
比这个更好,他是牙齿矫形师
Better. He’s an orthodontist.
哦!我忘了问了,你是做什么的?
Oh. lnever asked, what do you do?
文书工作,我是一名会计
Paperwork. l’m an accountant.
没骗我?或许我们可以聊聊我的税务情况
No kidding? Maybe we can have a talk about my taxes.
我看这样行,我帮你避税,你帮我找人
Tell you what, I’ll find you deductions and you’ll find me my wife.
早知道牙医这么有钱我当初也该去学的
Guess lshould’ve gone to the dental school.
他们每年只过来住几周而已
They only use it a couple of weeks a year.
副官你要喝点什么?咖啡还是橙汁?
What can I offer to you? Lieutennant, Coffee? Orange juice?
你应该不会有丹麦系咖啡吧?
You wouldn’t have a Danish line round?
对不起,没有
Sorry, No.
这就是我不喜欢这个地方的原因,太接近大自然,连可以调侃的人都没有。
That’s my problem with this part of the world, lots of nature but no prune Danish.
要来点儿吗?
Join me?
现在?
At this hour?
老婆都没了, 时间还不自♥由♥?
Any hour’s appropriate if your wife happens to be missing.
我接受你还没找到她这个事实
I take you haven’t found her.
虽然还没有
No, not yet.
但总会找到的
But we will.
去酒店问过了吗?
You checked the hotels?
问过了,我们还问了汽车租赁公♥司♥,确实有辆车也至今未归
Ah- huh. We contact the rental agency, a car hasn’t been returned.
航♥班♥信息呢?
What about the plane?
没有一个叫你老婆名字的人乘飞机离开这里
No one by your wife’s name flew out of here now,
除非她使用了假名
unless she used an assumed name.
TMD, 她到底能去哪儿呢?
Damn it! Where is she?
凯尼恩先生,你别着急
Take it easy, Mr Kenyon.
我有预感,她还在某个地方好好反思这次的事情
I got a hunch she’s hold up somewhere
thinking things over.
我指的是你们在还不是很了解对方的情况下就结婚了
I mean you got married without
knowing each other very well.
有人在那儿?
Someone in there?
噢,是的
Oh, yes.
副官,这是马♥克♥思♥
Lieutenant, meet Max.
嗨,兄弟
Hi, pal.
当初克里斯在小教堂里结婚的时候他冲了进来,然后她一下子就喜欢上了
He ran into the chapel when Chris and I were getting married, she fell madly in love with him.
你带着他跟你们一起度蜜月?
You brought him along with your honeymoon?
这是她坚持的
She insisted.
我还专门给他订了一张机票
I had to book a seat for him on the plane.
对不起了,兄弟,她还没回来
Sorry, pal. She’s still among the missing.
但是副官有信心能把她找回来,
But Lieutenant is confident he’ll find her,
除非他不想找了
unless he changes his mind.
我们会竭尽所能,凯尼恩先生
We’re doing our best, Mr. Kenyon.
嗯……给你看样东西
Hmm…let me show you something.
今天是克里斯30岁生日
Today is Chris’ thirty years’ birthday.
我们本打算好好庆祝一番的
We were going to celebrate,
而现在我却要独享这个蛋糕了
I’ll be eating this cake alone.
你这样说,真的让我觉得对你有愧了一样
You’re really making me feel guilty.
这就是我要的效果
I’m trying.
好吧,如果这样说能叫你放心些:
Ok, if it makes you feel better,
我会调派所有人手过来破这个案子的
I’ll put every available man on the case.
那太好了!
Good!
她可能觉得自己在这件事情中像个傻瓜所以不敢接电♥话♥
She’s probably feeling foolish and it’s hard for her to pick up the phone.
但是我是个乐观主义者!
But I’m an optimistl
我预言,今天晚上你跟你的老婆就能围着那个蛋糕吹蜡烛了!
I predict that by tonight, you and your wife will be blowing out the candles on that cake!
让我们拭目以待!
Let’s hope!
话说回来,你为何不自己在附近找找,说不定你能在街上看见它
ln the meantime, why don’t you check around yourself. Maybe you’ll spot her on the streets.
我昨天就上街找过了
I did that yesterday.
我知道,我们有接到举报告说有人满世界打听漂亮女人的下落
l know we got reports that some guy was checking out good-looking women all over town.
太好了!等我妻子回家了,我却被关进疯人院了
Wonderful. My wife will come home, and l’ll be upon the moron’s church.
你要有信心!
Keep the faith!
有人举报说自己汽车的保险杠被贴上写着“拯救鲸鱼”的宣传♥单♥
They got that on bumper stickers around here along with”Save the Whales! “.
副官,为了你的身心健康,你还是赶紧搬回纽约去吧
Lieutenant, do yourself a favor. Move back to New York.
我可成天都在想这个好事儿呢
The thounghts cross my mind, daily.
喂?
Hello?
哪位神父?
Father who?
不好意思,你打错电♥话♥了
I’m sorry. You must have the wrong number.
是的,我是哈利·凯尼恩
Yes, this is Harry Kenyon.
我的妻子?
My wife?
她怎么样了?
What about my wife?
你为什么不能在电♥话♥里说?
Why can’t you tell me with the phone?
你的教堂在哪里?
Where’s your church?
没事,好的,我知道了。我会找过去的
No, it’s alright, I know. l’ll find it.
我几分钟之后就赶到
I’ll be there in a few minutes.