Is that the only thing you dream?
我不…不记得了
I don’tI don’t remember.
你梦到那场车祸了吗?
Do you dream about the car accident?
这就是你在昏迷中的记忆…
Here’s what you remember from a coma.
…一片空白
Nothing.
接下来发生了什么?
What happened next?
到底发生了什么?
What really happened?
什么, 你没看档案吗?
What, didn’t you read the file?
我昏迷了三个半星期
I was out for three-and-a-half weeks.
我的脸和手臂都破碎了, 下颌有四处骨折
My face and my arm shattered and my jaw was broken in four places.
因为昏迷无法实施外科手术
No surgery could be performed because of the coma.
你无法体会那种黑暗…
You can’t feel the darkness…
还有麻木
or numbness.
你甚至毫无知觉
You can’t even feel.
然后…
And then…
我又回到我的生活
I came back to life.
就像小狗班尼
Just like that dog.
班尼, 你知道, 那只小狗
Benny. You know, Benny the dog.
班尼, 小狗班尼
Benny. Benny the dog.
只是我的生活不再正常
Only my life was no longer normal.
神经损伤让我头痛欲裂
There are blinding migraines nownerve damage.
为什么?
Why?
这就和大企业操纵…
This is how big business operates-
随机的意外一样
random accidents…
一个生活中的事故
a lifestyle mishap.
这都不是巧合
They are not coincidences.
你不觉得再缜密的合同都会有破绽吗?
How do you think airtight contracts are broken?
这都是因为权利的争夺
These are power upheavals.
我是从乡下来的
I’m from Ohio.
我们没见过权利争夺
We don’t have power upheavals.
每天的新闻都有, 就在字里行间
They are in the news every day right between the lines.
有人故意这样对我
Someone did this to me.
我爸在他的书里就写过这些
My father wrote about this in his book.
第一章, 第一页…
Chapter one, page one…
第一段
paragraph one-
“一百个问题中有九十九个答案是什么?
“What is the answer to 99 out of 100 questions?
钱.”
Money.”
大卫, 听着, 我不想让你担心
David, look, I don’t wanna worry you.
我正在应付, 但现在有个情况
I’m holding them off, but we got a situation here.
根据董事会的规章, 要保有你51%的股权…
The bylaws of the board protect your 51 % vote…
你必须心智正常
only if you’re mentally acute.
我很遗憾那可怜的女孩死了…
I’m sorry that poor girl died…
但你还掌握着董事会, 真是不幸中的万幸
but you’ve handed the board a real gift with your mishap.
他们想宣布你让权
They’d like to declare you incapacitated.
但你又回来了
But you’re back.
听到你的声音真好, 就让我们和那帮混♥蛋♥开战吧…
You sound good to me, so let’s fight the fuckers…
好好养伤
and have a full recovery.
也许你应该让大家见见你?
And maybe you should let people see you, yeah?
上次我们一起去, 你还在昏迷…
The last time we were together you were in a coma…
你对我真♥他♥妈♥的没礼貌
and you were very fucking rude to me.
你都没说一句话
You didn’t say a word.
是的, 关于我去世的谣言被有些夸大了
Yes, well, the rumors of my death have been mildly exaggerated.
我该相信谁?
Who could I trust?
蚂蚁们都在蚁丘上议论纷纷呢
The ants were taking over the anthill.
我该相信谁?
Who could I trust?
头骨打了30颗钢钉…
The cranial structure was based on 30 pins…
并用下颌骨碎片固定
and fastened by micro-panels and bits of bone from the mandible.
看起来软骨成型技术保持了你的脸部结构
It appears the cartilage graphs have maintained your cheek structure.
不幸的是, 由于你一直昏迷…
Unfortunately, because you were in a coma-
医生, 他们满口术语, 那你只好做些功课… 不幸的是, 由于你一直昏迷…
Doctors. Their power is in jargon, so you study up. Unfortunately, because you were in a coma-
医生, 他们满口术语, 那你只好做些功课…
Doctors. Their power is in jargon, so you study up.
这过程造成的双侧眶周血肿…
Is that the procedure for all bilateral periorbital hematomas…
是由于昏迷患者的勒福氏骨折吗
in a LeFort Three fracture of a comatose patient?
勒福氏骨折? …你做到最好
In a LeFort Three? You do your best.
当然
Absolutely.
颅内脑损伤的机率太大了
The potential for intracranial brain damage was too great.
除了面部移植, 波梅兰兹医生…
Beyond the cheek grafts, Dr. Pomeranz…
是否用那些钢钉固定…
are the pins fastened with any kind of aluminum which could ionize…
会在我脑袋里造成压力?
and cause that pressure in my head?
我已准备接受手术 我们正在研究
I’m ready for another operation. We are working on processes.
但你并不适合做手术, 我们还在实验
But you’re specifically not at the stage where we can experiment.
实验, 就用我吧
Experiment. Use me.
头痛将会消失
The headaches will go away.
这不只是头痛
These are more than headaches.
这就像用钢板切断了我所有的思想
These are like steel plates slicing through my every thought.
我们不是牛仔, 不会这样随意就做
We’re not cowboys. We can’t just wing it.
大部分时间我都无法认真思考
Because I can’t think straight most of the time.
我们可以增加你的药量 噢, 是啊, 药物
We can increase your medication. Oh, yes, medication.
我们会继续研究方案
And there are things that we’ll continue to investigate.
不管怎样, 有很多人都没有这种效果…
However, there are so many others who’ve not had the aesthetic benefit…
像你整形出来这样
of plastic surgery as you have.
这无关虚荣, 波梅兰兹医生
This isn’t about vanity, Dr. Pomeranz.
这无关虚荣
This isn’t about vanity.
这是关于正常的功能
This is about functioning in the world.
完整的功能是我正常运作必须的
It’s my job to be out there functioning.
我有钱, 我会出任意价格
I’ve got the money. I’ll pay any amount.
发明些什么吧
Just invent something.
发挥想象力
Just play jazz.
你们自称是纽约最好的整形医生
You say you’re the best face man in New York.
他妈的证明给我看
Fucking prove it.
我们可以给你的手臂做手术 去他妈的手臂!
We could do something about your arm. Fuck my arm!
这儿没人自以为能体会到你的感受
Nobody here takes your feelings for granted.
根据初步的诊断我们的确为你准备了一样东西
We did prepare something for you based on the preliminary examination.
说吧, 拿出来
Tell me. Bring it on.
这在排斥反应的初期是很有用的
It’s sometimes useful in the early stages of rejection.
是一个面部假体, 花了两周才做好
It’s a facial prosthetic. It was two weeks in the making.
谢谢, 卡莉 不客气, 医生
Thank you, Carly. You’re welcome, Doctor.
一个面部假体
A facial prosthetic.
作为外观的替代品它的确很有效…
The aesthetic replacement does work…
无论心理上还是生理上
emotionally and actually.
面具上的塑胶还可以阻挡不良的射线…
The plastic in the aesthetic shield also blocks out abusive rays…
有助于细胞的重生
and assists in the regeneration of cells.
所以这是个外观重建的护罩?
So it’s an aesthetic regenerative shield.
正确, 完全地
That’s correct. Exactly.
护罩的人体工学原理还能使其自适应…
The ergonomics of the plate barrier allows it to interact reflexively…
与你的脸部动作紧密结合
with the movements of your own face.
我知道了
I see.
这是个有用的东西 好
It’s a helpful unit. Good.
因为就这一会儿功夫里, 我还以为我们只是在谈论…
Because for a minute there, I thought we were talking…
一个他妈的面具!
about a fucking mask!
这就只是个面具…
It’s only a mask…
如果你这样认为的话
if you treat it that way.
太棒了, 万圣节真是派上用场了
It’s great. This completely takes care of Halloween.
但是其他那36♥4♥天怎么办呢?
But what about the other 36♥4♥ days of the year?
一个全新的我逐渐成形
A new form of me began to take shape.
我计划着我的复出…
I planned my reemergence…
就像诺曼底登陆
like the Normandy invasion.
索菲亚, 索菲亚
Sofia. Sofia.
索菲亚.塞拉诺
Sofia Serrano.
我只会说
I’ll just say it.
我做足了功课
I did my homework.
我看了每一份备忘录
I read every memo.
托马斯.提普是对的
Thomas Tipp was right.
人们会再阅读
People will read again.
我通过视频参加每月和七个矮人的董事会议
I attended the monthly board meeting with the Seven Dwarfs by video hookup.
因为人们不再买♥♥书了
Because people aren’t buying books.
让我们投资吧 噢, 天哪, 这是战争
Let’s invest. Oh, baby, this was war.
我以这种方式变得越来越强, 我以前都不知道
I grew stronger in ways I’d never known before.
然后到了十二月五日…
And on December 5…
我的飞机布满了天空…
my planes filled the sky.
大卫.埃姆斯的复出…