I won’t stay long.
嘿, 保罗
Hey, Paolo.
你好
Hello.
我得带你去散步
I have to take you for a walk.
幸好有它保护着你, 它是个猛犬
I’m glad he protects you. He’s a lethal canine.
我喜欢住这里, 我也懒得打扫
I love living here, and I refuse to clean up.
没事
No problem.
我得拼命打工才住的起这里
I have to work around the clock to keep this place.
你真的是个舞蹈家 十四年了
You really are a dancer. For 14 years.
但我可不会跳得像你那样
But I don’t dance like you dance.
想喝什么吗?
Do you want something to drink?
好的
Sure.
嘿, 真乖, 乖孩子
Hey, beautiful, beautiful boy.
晚餐想吃什么?
What do you want for dinner tonight?
想吃炸鸡吗?
Do you want fried chicken?
我喜欢你的生活
I like your life.
好吧, 这是我的, 你不能拥有它
Well, it’s mine and you can’t have it.
我不想知道这照片背后的故事
I don’t wanna know the story behind this photo.
谁是塞尔吉奥? 这是个绰号♥
Who’s Sergio? It’s a nickname.
你外号♥叫塞尔吉奥? 说来话长
Your nickname is Sergio? It’s a long story.
我们互相都还不熟
And we don’t know each other.
这么多秘密啊 因为我是个军♥火♥商(在调侃大卫的姓氏)
So many secrets. That’s because I’m an arms dealer.
我从没认识过军♥火♥商 现在认识了
I’ve never known an arms dealer. You do now.
那你呢? 你的绰号♥是什么?
What about you? What’s your nickname?
国民老二
Citizen Dildo.
你不能在这呆一晚上
You are not staying over.
别做老板, 做个艺术家, 或者军♥火♥商
Never run a company. Stay an artist. Stay an arms dealer.
拜托, 不知为何我无法同情你
Oh, please. Somehow I can’t play the violin for you.
虽然, 能影响那么多人的生活一定很困难
Although, it must be difficult controlling all those people’s lives.
派对上每个和你有联♥系♥的人某种程度上都靠你吃饭
Everyone at that party is connected to you for survival in some way.
看起来
It seems.
结过婚吗?
Ever been married?
没有,你曾经接受过一万两千个男人的求婚?
Did you ever accept any of your 12,000 proposals?
一万两千零八个. 没有
Twelve thousand and eight. No.
然后你搬到纽约来跳舞,画画, 表演和卖♥♥军♥火♥?
And you moved to New York to dance, paint, act and deal arms?
是的
Right.
你想听杰夫.巴克利还是维姬.卡尔?
Do you wanna hear Jeff Buckley or Vicki Carr?
杰夫.巴克利还是维姬.卡尔?
Jeff Buckley or Vicki Carr?
一起听
Both simultaneously.
每个人都说,”别到纽约”
Everyone said, “Don’t go to New York.”
我只是觉得好事总会发生…
I just think good things will happen…
如果你是好人有好的心态的话
if you’re a good person with a good attitude.
你不觉得吗?
Don’t you think?
你觉得我很天真吗?
You think I’m naive?
不, 绝对没有
No. I really don’t.
我真的喜欢上她了
I dug her completely.
忽然间…我发现了纽约最后一个单纯的女孩
Somehow I’d found the last semi-guyless girl in New York City.
我得睡觉了
I have to get to sleep.
说实话, 白天我还有个工作是牙医助理
Truthfully, I also work mornings as a dental assistant.
天哪, 我都找错牙医了
Boy, am I going to the wrong dentist.
而你都没有马上就想和她上♥床♥?
And you didn’t immediately wanna sleep with her?
额, 你知道, 我是个延迟享乐者
Well, you know, I’m a pleasure delayer.
那是什么意思? 延迟享乐者?
How does that work? Pleasure delayer?
你不知道?
You don’t know?
你保持和一个人顺其自然的交往…
You keep a relationship casual…
直到一个绝佳的机会
until the absolute breaking point.
然后在一个晚上..或中午…或早上…
And then one evening or afternoon or morning-
那得花上好几个月
it could be months from now.
你知道这是怎么一回事
You know how it works.
不, 说实话不知道
No, actually I don’t.
我结婚22年了
I’ve been married for 22 years.
你还要和女儿吃饭
You’ve got dinner with your daughters.
没错, 我知道
That’s right, I do.
那时我有各种招数对付女人…
Back then I had intricate systems with women…
你不会相信
you wouldn’t believe.
比如?
Like what?
嘿, 医生, 别再为不是单身而难过了…
Hey, Doc, don’t get melancholy over the 30 seconds you were single…
很久以前的了
a long time ago.
你觉得我是这样吗? 是的
That’s what you think I’m doing? Oh, yes.
你也许是对的
You might be right.
我们继续吧, 时间不等人
Let’s continue. Time is not our friend.
只限于缺点, 我们只能画这些
Just our shortcomings, that’s all we’re allowed to draw.
我从来没画得这么像过
I’ve never drawn such a true likeness before.
我画好了
Mine’s finished.
这么快?
Already?
好了
Done.
你是这么看我的吗? 也许钱画得还不够多
That’s how you see me? Maybe I didn’t add enough money.
不, 你简直画得入木三分
No, something you’d see on a wall in a steak house in hell.
太棒了, 签名吧
It’s wonderful. Sign it.
让我看你的
Let’s see yours.

No.
把它给我
Give me that.
我很内疚
I feel bad.
你说要画滑稽的
You said to draw a caricature.
我知道, 但没办法
I know. I couldn’t.
我看见你就是这样的
I saw you like that.
画得很好
It’s very good.
我要卖♥♥给你
I’ll sell it to you.
你这坏人
You monster.
这多少钱?
How much for it?
一个吻
One kiss.
这笑容太令我陶醉了
That smile is gonna be the end of me.
明天你朋友打给你怎么办?
And what happens when your friend calls you tomorrow?
他只比我早遇见你几个钟头, 他也会这么做的
He just met you a few hours before me. He’d do the same.
我觉得友情对你很重要
I see that friendship is important to you.
没错, 是的
It is. It is.
我是他最好的朋友…
And as his best friend…
我知道他正准备完成一部关于缺憾和拒绝的小说
I know he’s trying to finish a novel about inadequacy and rejection.
所以我在这呆的越久,对他的前途就越好
So the longer that I stay, the better it is for his career.
你的前途才是我担心的
Your career is the one I’d worry about.
对不起
Sorry.
不, 不, 其实你说得没错
No. No, you’re more right than you even know.
我曾经是那种家伙…
I used to be one of those guys that just…
雪板就是他的生活…
snowboarded through his life…
没有目标…
with no focus…
完全没有
whatsoever.
你几时改变的?
When did you change?
大概五分钟前
About five minutes ago.
每一分钟都有可能会改变你的生活
Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.
对于那些认为你是个骗子的人?
And to those who think that you’re a charlatan?
我知道
I understand.
这种观点是把人冷冻起来…
The perception of a head frozen somewhere…
等待复苏, 听起来像科幻小说
waiting for reanimation sounds like science fiction.
你在看什么? 最棒的节目
What are you watching? It’s the greatest show.
叫做索菲亚
It’s called Sofia.
这是新科技的最前沿
It is at the frontier of a new science.
生命延续
Life Extension.
你如何实现这样的构想呢?
How do you accomplish such a thing?
我看过这个30遍了
I’ve seen this 30 times.
生命充满了意外
Life is full of surprises.
但最大的意外就是生命不是非得终结
But the greatest surprise of all is that this doesn’t have to end ever.
我们报道过他, 他拥有半个亚利桑那州
We did a story on this guy. He owns half of Arizona.
他是骗子吗? 谁知道呢?
Is he a fraud? How would you ever know?
说得好
Good point.
你能把人解冻吗?
Can you unfreeze a human life?
以小狗班尼为例, 班尼是只小狗
Take the case of Benny the dog. Benny’s a dog.
它被冷冻了三个月然后被解冻了, 过上正常的生活
He was frozen for three months and thawed out to live a normal life.
令人欣慰吗?
That’s comforting?
班尼没事了 我也要生命延续
It’s safe for Benny. I’m in.
我们最好慢慢来
We’d better watch out.
雷蒙德.图利,生命延续的创始人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!