There’s no other way.
你爱你的伴侣吗?
Are you in love with your partner?

Yes.
你要知道你在这里说的一切都会被记录
You do know everything you say in here is on the record.
你之前结过婚吗?
Have you been married before?
没有
No.
说一下你的性♥交♥频率 -和你伴侣的
How many times do you have intercourse. – With your partner.
你说性生活? -对
You mean sex? – Yes.
取决于季节了
Depends on the season.
你去过委内瑞拉吗?
Have you been to Venezuela?
没有
No.
怎么会?
How come?
我是想去的,但是..
I’d love to go ,but eh….
但是什么?
But what?
他担心那里的局势
He’s worried about the situation.
政♥治♥局势?
The political situation ,right?
是的
Yes.
他担心我们会遇上一些不好的事
He’s concerned something might happen to us.
加拉加斯是一个充满暴♥力♥的城市
Caracas is a very violent city.
所以你也不认识他的朋友?
So you don’t know his friends?
不知道他住在哪里
You don’t know where he lived?
你怎么知道他告诉你的就是真的?
How do you know everything he’s told you is true?
我见过他的父母
I met his parents.
他们来看望过我们
They came to visit us once
住过几个月
for a couple of months.
那么长啊
That long?
你们相处得怎样? -很好
How did you get along? – Fine. Fine.
他们是住在加拉加斯吗?
And they live in Caracas ,don’t they?
是吧
Mhm.
他们怎么应付那些暴♥力♥事件?
How do they manage?
一定也不容易
Well ,it hasn’t been easy for them.
他们想过离开那个国家吗?
They ever thought of leaving the country?
或许吧
It’s a possibility.
去哪里?
Where to?
或许会去西班牙吧
There was a possibility of them coming to Spain.
如果他不住在西班牙了呢?
Do they if he doesn’t live there anymore?
我不知道
I don’t think so.
所以现在的计划是把他们带来美国?
So now the plan is to bring them here.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
那可难了
That would take forever.
你和家人关系密切吗?
You close with your family?
是的
Yes.
他们嗯…他们和迭戈相处得很好?
They eh… they get along with Diego?
好啊
Yes.
真的吗? -什么?
Really? -What?
他们支持吗..你懂的?
Do they approve of… you know.
你这问题的意义是什么?
What’s the point of this question?
看看你是否对我们诚实相告了
See if you’re being honest with us.
他给了我们他的故事版本,现在我们想听你的
He gave us his version of the story; we wanna hear yours.
我母亲
Hey… my mum…
初见的时候不喜欢他,但现在他们相处得不错
didn’t like him at first and now she’s OK with him.
我父亲根本不在意这些
And my dad doesn’t really care.
她不喜欢是因为他来自拉丁美洲
What she didn’t like is that he was from Latin America.
这事你怎么想
How does that make you feel?
我想..
I mean…
我理解我妈妈。她是在不同的时代长大的
I understand my mum. She was raised in different times.
所以你可以接受你妈妈有点种族歧视
So you’re OK with your mum being a little bit racist.
这不是种族主义
That’s not racism.
她就是这样长大的
It’s just how she was raised.
你在巴塞罗那多久看望他们一次?
How often do you see them in Barcelona?
每周见三次吧
Three times… per week.
一周三次啊,那就是每月12次
Three times a week ,that’s eh… twelve times a month.
12个月的
For twelve m话onths…
就得140-150次每年
That’s about 140 ,150 times a year?
是啊 -他们现在多大了?
Yes. – Yeah and how old are they?
我妈72,我爸75了
My mum’s 72 and my dad’s 75.
那么,你还能见他们,最多10年、20年?
So ,what do you give them ,10 ,20 years tops?
我不明白
I don’t know.
就是算起来,在他们死前你大概还能再见到他们十几二十次
Yeah ,and what would that add up to ,about ten or twenty more times you see them before they die.
这还是建立在他们都身体良好
Assuming they’re in good health.
同时你每年去看望他们一次的基础上
And if you can travel every year…
而现实情况总是事与愿违
now which is not always the case.
帕米丝小姐
Miss Pamies…
这是你第一次来美国是吗?
This is the first time you’ve been in the United States. Right?
是的
Yes.
那你就愿意放弃一切,搬到一个你从未去过的国家
So you are willing to give all that up and move to a country you have never been to before.
我不明白
I don’t get it.
你以前经常和舞蹈团一起旅行吗?
Did you used to travel a lot with the dance company?
是的
Yes.
你的伴侣会和你同去吗?
And did your partner travel with you?
不会
No.
这不会影响到你们的感情吗?
Ever affect your relationship?
不会
No.
不会吗?
No?
为什么会呢?
Why would it?
距离总会带来许多问题
No ,yeah distance could be a problem sometimes.
会遇到新的朋友,看到新的面孔
Opportunities for new friends ,new faces.
也会遇到旧朋友,比如弗雷德丽卡
Old friends ,Frederica ,that sort of thing.
你们还信任彼此吗?
Do you still trust each other?
当然
Yes.
你知道他和这里的另一个女人订婚了吗?
Did you know he was engaged to this other woman here?
不知道
No.
这重要吗?
Does it matter?
我不知道,你觉得重要吗?
I don’t know. Does it?
你们认识的时候迭戈在做什么工作?
What was Diego doing when you met?
他刚完成他的学业
He was finishing his masters.
现代城市规划专业是吧?
In modern urbanism ,right?
没错 -在那一年你们认识了?
Correct. – And you met that year?
是的
Yes.
当他完成学业后,他找到工作了吗?
When he finished his studies ,did he find a job?
没有
No.
他是如何养活自己的?
How did he support himself?
他在我叔叔的服装厂做兼♥职♥。
He worked part-time in my uncle’s clothing factory.
截至目前,你住在巴塞罗那的什么地方?
And where did you live up till now ,in Barcelona?
一间公♥寓♥里
In a flat.
你的公♥寓♥?
In your apartment?
我祖父母的
My grandparents’.
所以他不仅得到了工作还得到了个住所
So he not only got a job ,he got a place to stay.
还不赖嘛
That’s not bad.
你还记得你们签署民事结合协议的日期吗?
Do you remember the date when you signed you civil union agreement?
记得个大概吧
Around that time.
2018年3月
March ,2018.
所以你也同意成为伴侣帮他入籍?
And did you agree to meet his partner to help him out?
不是的 -那你是不想帮他入籍
No. – So you didn’t want to help him out.
那不是主要原因
It wasn’t the main reason.
但那也是原因之一 -是的
But it was one of the reasons. -Yes so.
那样我们可以继续在一起
We could continue together.
就像他的美国未婚妻曾为他做的那样
Like what his American fiancé did for him.
你没有想过他和你在一起就是为了那一张纸吗?
Did you ever think that maybe he was with you only because of the papers?
不是的
No!
我是说,我知道他需要那个,但是..
I mean ,I know that was something that he needed ,but…
我不认为那是… -你是个舞者?
I don’t think that… – So you’re a dancer huh?
是啊
Yes.
哪种舞? -现代舞
What kind? – Contemporary.
现代舞 你专门学的?
Contemporary. You studied for that?
是啊
Yes.
你能给我们展示一下吗?
Can you show us something?
让我们看看动作
Show us a move.
在这里? -是啊
Here? – Yeah.
我想还是不要了,你把手♥机♥还给我,我可以给你看我的舞蹈录像
I’d rather not. I can show you a video if you give me back my phone.
我不要看那个,让我们看看你的舞步吧