或者其他国家?
Some other country?
没有
No.
车呢? -没有
A car? – No.
什么都没有?
Nothing in your name?
我们有一条狗
We have a dog.
也和你们一起来了吗?
Is it with you here?
目前没有
Not now.
你有没有被拒签过?
Have you ever been denied a visa?
被美国拒签?
For the United States?
有过
Yes.
是杰出人才签证
An extraordinary ability visa.
他们给你的拒签理由是什么?
And what reason did they give you?
我不知道,他们没给理由
I don’t know ,they didn’t explain it to us.
你申请的杰出能力是什么?
And what are these extraordinary abilities that you included in your application?
我的专业事业
My professional career.
那为什么不是你为你们申请呢?
And why didn’t you apply with yours?
因为我们觉得他申请更有机会一些
Because we thought that his had a better chance.
也许情况正好相反
Maybe it was the other way around.
为什么我们要把在大使♥馆♥回答过的问题再回答一遍
Why are we answering the same questions as at the Embassy?
因为我们掌握了一些新的信息
Because we have new information.
需要对比数据
We’re comparing data.
你们初遇在什么时候?
When did you meet each other?
在巴塞罗那
In Barcelona.
什么时候? -三年前
When? – Three years ago.
巴塞罗那哪里
Barcelona. Where?
一个派对上
At a party.
在递交民事结合之前你们就住在一起吗?
Did you live together before signing the civil union?
是的
Yes.
在那之前同居了多久?
How long before?
半年
Six months.
是谁提出的?
Who proposed it?
共同商议的
Both of us.
有过什么宗教仪式吗?
And was there a religious act or anything?
没有。我们就是在文件上签了名
No. We signed the papers.
没别的事了?
Nothing else?
没有了 -你不信教?
Nothing else. – You’re not religious?
不信教
No. – No.
但我们尊重所有宗教
But we respect all religions.
你们父母赞成这个结合吗?
And your parents approved of this union?
当然
Yes ,of course.
是的 -你的父母,埃尔南德斯先生
Yes. -Your parents ,Mr. Hernández;
他们住在西班牙吗? -没有
do they live in Spain? – No.
签字的时候他们来了吗?
And did they go for the signing?
没有,他们来不了
No ,they couldn’t come.
你最近一次入境美国是什么时候?
When the last time you entered the United States?
四年前吧
I think four years ago.
这是你第一次被带进来审问吗?
Is this the first time you’ve been brought in for interrogation?
是的
Yes.
但你以前经历过二次检查,是吗?
But you’ve been for secondary inspection before; haven’t you?
是的
Yes.
上面写着你用偷来的护照旅行
It says here that you traveled with a stolen passport.
是你偷的吗?
Did you steal it?
不是 -那是谁?
No. – Who did?
没有偷,护照还在我手上
Nobody. I still have it.
事实上… -就是这个
Actually… – This one.
谁报失的? -不知道
Who reported it stolen? – Don’t know.
这是个误会
It was a misunderstanding.
这已经被核实过了
This has been checked already.
顺便说一句,你的英语说得很好。经常练习吗?
By the way you speak very good English. You practice a lot?
但是你的西班牙口音听起来有点奇怪
But your Spanish accent sounds a little weird.
离家多年了
From many years being away.
你很紧张吗?
Are you nervous?
有一点
A little.
为什么?
And why is that?
这些使我紧张
This is making me nervous.
什么使你紧张?
What’s making you nervous?
被审问
Being questioned.
你知道什么让我紧张吗?
You know what makes me nervous?
骗子 -这些事谁碰上都得紧张
Liars. -All this could make anyone nervous…
女士!我在和埃尔南德斯先生说话
Lady! I’m talking to Mr. Hernández.
所以,你们两个是事实伴侣,对吧?
So ,you two are almost living as de facto spouses you could say ,right?
因为婚姻这件事不适合你,是吗?
Because the whole marriage thing just isn’t for you ,is it?
也许婚姻有点过时。
Maybe marriage is a little old fashioned.
对于你们这一代来说,是吧?
For the previous generation. Is that it?
我想是吧
Yes ,I think so.
但这并不能改变你对伴侣的爱
But that doesn’t change your love for your partner;
即使你不想娶她
even if you don’t want to marry her.
不,不是这样的
No ,of course not.
那你为什么娶过一个美国人?
And why were you married to an American?
这个问题之前没被问过吧?
You haven’t been asked that before ,have you?
你和美国人结婚了吗?
Were you married to an American?
不,我没有结婚 -你确定吗?
No ,I wasn’t. I’m not married. -You’re sure?
对,我确定我没结过婚
Yes ,I’m sure I’m not married.
但是即使你不相信婚姻,
But even though you don’t believe in marriage;
你还是申请了未婚夫签证,不是吗?
you applied for a fiancé visa ,didn’t you?
是的 -为什么?
Yes. -And why’s that?
我恋爱了
I was in a relationship
然后我们订婚了 -哪一年?
and we got engaged. -What year was that?
我不记得了
Well… I don’t remember.
你该记得的,才过去没多久
You should remember. It wasn’t that long ago.
上面写着签证被批准了
It says here that visa was approved.
对,但我没去面签
Yes. But I never went to the interview.
为什么?
And why’s that?
因为我们分手了
Because we ended the relationship.
提醒我一下,她叫什么名字?
Remind me… what was her name?
凯特·罗德里格斯
Kate Rodríguez.
她住在哪里?
Where does she live?
那时她住在迈阿密
Back then she lived in Miami.
她现在不住在迈阿密了?
She no longer lives in Miami?
我不清楚 -她以什么为生?
Well ,I don’t know. – What did she do for a living?
她是个厨师
She was a cook.
你们在哪里认识的
Where did you two meet?
网上
Online.
你们第一次见面是在哪里?
Where did you see each other for the first time?
我们没见过面
We never saw each other in person.
为什么?
How’s that?
我们见不了面
We could never coincide.
我没有签证,她不能出游
I didn’t have a visa and she couldn’t travel.
你没有和她保持联♥系♥了?
And you didn’t keep in touch with her?
没有
No.
你们的关系持续了多久?
How long did the relationship last?
一年吧
About a year.
一年!
A year!
你们都没见过面?
And you never saw each other?
没有当面见过
No. Not in person ,no.
你们什么时候订婚的?
When did you get engaged?
在一起七个月左右
Ah… seven months into it.
你那时几岁?
How old were you?
我不记得了
I don’t remember.
你真是失忆得很快呢
You lose your memory very quickly.
你们差了几岁?
What was your age difference?
8..10 十岁
Eight… Ten. Ten years.
谁更年长些,她还是你?
And who was older ,her or you?
她
Her.
所以她那时是?
So ,she was…
45岁
45.
你知道在这个国家,为了获利而结婚是犯罪吗?
Do you know that in this country a marriage of convenience is considered a crime?
我知道
Yes. I know.
那你是为了签证而和凯特恋爱的吗?
Were you in a relationship with Kate Rodríguez for the papers?
不,不是这样的
No ,that wasn’t the case.