你家人会感到非常自豪
your family is very proud
你们在互相凝视中度过
to be with you on this day when you see our faces.
我知道我说的太多了
I know I am talking too much.
安东 这是给艾迪特的 不是亨利 – 我会讲到她的
Anton, it’s Edith this is for. Not Henry. – I’m coming to her.
在吗? 亲爱的艾迪特?
Hello, dear Edith.
如果我们能和你一起分享这一刻就好了
If only we could be with and share this moment with you.
在某种程度上 我们是在一起的
Well, in a way, we are.
有那么一秒钟 我在看,我在看那些人
For a second, I was seeing, I was watching all those people
我想知道 他们都活着吗?
wondering: are they still alive?
法伯夫人
Mrs. Farber,
我刚刚和你一起见证了一个奇迹
I have just witnessed a miracle and so have you.
当然 他们仍然活着
Of course, they’re still alive.
只有奇迹才有意义
Only miracles make sense.
他还在这里吗?
Still there?
是的 他还在这里
Yeah, he’s still there.
一个大块头的老家伙?
A big old fellow?
是的 他是个大块头的,他的尾巴还是楔形的
Yeah, he’s a big old fellow. He’s a wedged tail.
啊 伊尔蒂斯
Ah, Iritza.
他很快就会找到自己的位置
He’ll find his place soon.
他似乎一点也不着急
Doesn’t seem to be in any hurry about it.
我可以录下来 你可以看到他
I could record it. You could see him.
我了解他
I know him.
那爸爸的脸呢? – 亨利
What about Father’s face? – Henry,
我非常了解他
I know him even better.
你从没见过亨利的脸 – 我了解他
You’ve never seen Henry’s face! – I know him.
人都去哪了?
Where is everybody?
老人在和年轻人坐在一起,解释一些过去的事情
The old ones want to sit down with the young people. To explain some old business.
他们想确保一切都能继承下去,他们害怕辐射
They want to make sure everything is passed on. They’re afraid of the radiation.
他们称其为来自天空中的毒药
They call it “the poison from the sky”.
他们不知道这到底是什么 但是他们知道这会摧毁我们的土地
They don’t understand it, but they know it’ll destroy our country.
他们想要确保一切都会传递下去
They want to make sure everything is passed on.
人们写乐谱,讲故事
People painting song lines, telling stories,
记录圣地的细节
recording details of sacred sites.
他们把一切都赶出去了 就像一只垂死的飞蛾正在产卵
They’re pushing everything out. Like a dying moth pushing out eggs.
到我的客厅来吧 蜘蛛对苍蝇说
“Come into my parlor” said the spider to the fly.
哦 不用了 谢谢,长腿先生 我还有别的事要做
“Oh, no thanks, Mr. Longshanks. I have other fish to fry.”
谢谢,山姆 – 不客气
Thank you, Sammy. – You’re welcome.
我们开始吧
Here we go.
现在你看到诺拉了
Now you will see Nora.
真是难以置信 妈妈 山姆怎么找到我的
It’s unbelievable, Mom. How Sam found me here in Siberia,
那可是诺大的西伯利亚
of all places.
我希望你不必去看我在如此丑陋的地方
I wish you didn’t have to see me in such an ugly place,
但恐怕
but I’m afraid…
世界就是这个样子
this is what the world looks like.
好极了 山姆
Very good, Samuel! Bravo.
我真的很高兴你会喜欢
You liked that? I’m really glad.
在那种情况下 仅仅获得一张集中的图像就非常困难
Just getting a concentrated image in that situation was really difficult.
西伯利亚冷吗?
Siberia, was it cold?
不 忘了寒冷吧,寒冷不是严重的问题 严重的是我的眼睛
No, forget about the cold. The cold was the least of the problems. It was my eyes.
你的眼睛?
Your eyes?
在东京给深沢博士录制之后 我就看不见了,我真的失明了
After recording Dr. Fukosawa in Tokyo, I couldn’t see! I was literally blind.
无法聚焦? – 不 是程序问题,程序对视网膜要求太严格了
Was it the focusing? – No, it’s the programming,The programming is too harsh on the retina.
毕竟这只是一个原型机
After all, this is just a prototype
当你第一次走进我在柏林的办公室的时候
When you first walked into my office in Berlin,
谁能想到我们最后会来聚集到这里?
who’d have thought we’d end up here?
你现在也是失踪人口了 温特先生
You’re a missing person yourself now, Mr. Winter.
我在这里
Here I am.
不管怎样
For better or for worse.
在任何合理的文化中 我都会被认为是非常美丽的 你觉得呢?
In any reasonable culture I would be perceived as fantastically beautiful, don’t you think?
一定有个星球 他们有正确的审美
There must be a planet somewhere where they have the correct aesthetic
那些皮肤光滑的年轻面孔 会被认为是丑陋的
where all those young faces with their smooth skin would be considered terribly ugly
而这些褶皱 斑点和皱纹
All these folds, and spots and wrinkles,
它们是智慧的象征?它漂亮 甚至有些性感
well, it’s wisdom, eh? So, it’s beautiful? Even sexy?
告诉你吧 艾迪特,我真的有点害羞
I’ll tell you, Edith, I actually feel a little shy.
这就够了 山姆,我想再做一次
That’s enough, Sam. I’d like to do it again.
该死的
Damn it.
你在笑什么?
What are you laughing at?
我一直觉得你很性感 爸爸 – 哦,闭嘴!
I’ve always found you sexy, Father. – Oh, shut up!
艾迪特·艾斯纳失去视力的时候才8岁
Edith Eisner had been 8 years old when she’d lost her sight.
再次看到这个世界的经历是令人愉快的
The experience of seeing the world again was exhilarating
但它也令人困惑和悲伤
but it was also confusing, and sad.
她发现世界比她想象的黑暗 丑陋
The world she discovered was darker and uglier than she could have imagined.
如果提及此事 那将是没有礼貌的事情
It would have been ungracious for her to mention this.
她的悲伤只有那些
Her grief was only there for those
有心的人才能看见
with eyes to see it.
你不饿吗? 亲爱的? – 不饿
You are not hungry, darling? – No.
等一下 伙计
Wait a minute, fellas!
第一周结束时,我们监测到空气中的辐射水平很低
At the end of the first week, we registered low levels of radiation in the air.
污染并不严重
The contamination was insignificant,
但对我们中间的乐观主义者来说 这是一次挫败
but it was a defeat for the optimists amongst us.
亨利和我之所以如此亲近
The reason Henry and I are so close
姆班图亚人是因为很久以前,大约四十年前
to the Mbantua people is that a long time ago, nearly 40 years,
我来这里写了一本关于姆班图亚妇女的书
I came to write a book on the Mbantua women.
你们都在这里工作过?
So, you both had work here?
我是来工作的
I came for my work.
他跟着我是因为他爱我
He followed me because he loved me.
我也非常爱他
I loved him, too. Very much.
我们第一次相遇在里斯本
We first met in Lisbon.
当时我只有12岁 他只有14岁
I was twelve, he was fourteen.
我们在躲避纳粹 – 只有你们两个吗?
We were running from the Nazis. – By yourselves?
我当时跟着我父母
I was with my parents.
他的父母当时已经去世了
He had lost his.
我们的生活充满了悲伤的故事,当然也有美好的故事
Our lives are filled with sad stories, and good ones, too.
我们是少年时期的恋人啊
We were teenage lovers.
你跟随着我们的探险去追山姆
You followed some of our adventure chasing Sam.
从柏林到巴黎到里斯本
Berlin, Paris, Lisbon.
再到美国
And then America.
我们有了一个出生在美国的孩子
We had American babies.
你四处躲藏的时候 肯定很想他们
You must have missed them when you had to hide.
这很糟糕
Very badly.
山姆失去了他的孩子 – 是的
And Sam lost his child. – Yes.
你的孙子
Your grandchild…
他有说这是我们的错吗? – 没有 绝对没有
Did he say that it’s our fault? – No, absolutely not.
他的确认为那是我们的错,但他从来没有和我争吵过
He does think that it’s our fault, but he will never be aggressive with me,
只是对亨利不满
only with Henry.
事情总是如此
That’s how it always is…
一直都是这样的
That’s how it always is.
男孩 男人
Boys. Men.
就在那个晚上 我意识到这就是我们此行的目的
It was on that same evening that I realized that this had been the purpose of our journey
既不是为了证明我对克莱尔的爱
Neither to prove my love for Claire,
也不是为了恢复一个失明的女人的视力
nor the search for a blind woman’s sight.
我们这次旅行的目的就是要让这音乐在这里绽放
The purpose of our journey had been so that this music might bloom here,
绽放在在可能是世界末日的边缘
on the edge of what was possibly the end of the world.
当我玩耍的时候 当我看到姆斑图的人
And as I played, and as I watched the Mbantua people seek refuge
在博士实验室的洞穴里躲避辐射时
from the radiation in the caves of Dr. Farber’s laboratory
我觉得我们演奏的是一次祈祷
I felt that what we were playing was a prayer,
为受伤的地球祈祷
a prayer for the wounded planet, Earth.
谢谢你 克莱尔 – 你一定很累了
Thank you, Claire. – You must be very tired.
这太棒了,你注意到图像变得清晰了吗?
This is wonderful. You see how the images are becoming so much clearer?
这是一台非常智能的小电脑
This is a very smart little computer.
所以 听着 艾迪特…我想知道你是否有力量…
So, listen. Edith… I was wondering if you have the strength
不 法伯 她没有 – 冷静 麦茜 当然 我有
No, Farber. She hasn’t. – Quiet, Maisie. Of course, I have.
你好 女孩们 – 你好
Hello, girls. – Hello…
玛德莲 你好吗?
Madeleine, how are you?
谢谢 卡尔
Thank you, Karl.
有人想过整件事可能产生的副作用吗?
Have anyone thought about possible side effects of this whole thing?
法伯只关心他的工作,其他任何人和事情都是次要的
Old man Farber cares only about his work. Everything and everyone else takes a second place.
他想要他的诺贝尔奖
He wants his Nobel Prize.
让盲人看得见东西?
Making blind people see?
你是在开玩笑 这款设备的潜力是惊人的
You are joking. The potential for this device is awesome.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!