天哪 这都十四年了
God. 14 years!
她对他做了什么?
What is she doing to him?
让他放松下来 这是一种激光穿刺法
Relaxing him. That’s laserpuncture.
他无法达到最大专注力 除非耗尽身体里的所有神经能量
He can’t achieve maximum concentration unless the body is drained of all nervous energy.
这就是我现在所需要的 – 谁不需要呢?
That’s what I need. – Who doesn’t nowadays.
滴答 滴答 滴答,辐射来了
Tic, tic, tic. Here comes the radiation.
我们一旦回到地表 那辐射就会杀了我们
When we touch the Earth, it’s gonna kill us.
情况如何?
What’s going on?
我们刚刚准备好
We are just about ready.
法伯博士 主图像已经完全恢复了
Primary image fully recovered, Dr. Farber.
把它变为虚拟图像? – 是的 这么做吧,隆达?
Move it into virtual? – Yes, go ahead. Ronda?
这边一切正常
Everything’s fine here.
启动吧
Okay. Roll!
你介意吗?
Do you mind?
这里
Come here.
你看 电脑正把山姆在柏林的录像数据
You see. The computer is now downloading the data from Sam’s recording in Berlin
下载到我们的系统中
into our system.
接着山姆再查看一遍
Then Sam has to look at it again and the computer has to compare
电脑开始比较第二次和第一次大脑活动
the brain activity of the second seeing to that of the first one.
从而只提取与图像相关的信息
Thereby extracting only what is relevant to the image which then hopefully
而这些信息会被传输入大脑被其接收,明白了吗?
will be transmitted into the receiving brain. Understand?
这对于眼睛来说是一个非常严谨的工作
This is very, very disciplined work for the eyes.
我自己也录了一些录像
I did some recording myself.
这真的很累
It’s very exhausting.
扫描程序将在五秒钟后开始
Scanning procedure in five seconds.
五 四 三 二 一 开始
Five, four, three, two, one, zero!
内德 现在情况一片混乱 – 不 还好的很
Ned, it’s messed up. – No, it’s not.
内德 我们上次有过那种情况吗?
Ned, did we have any of that last time?
这就是她现在看到的东西吗?
Is that what she’s seeing at the moment?
不 有太多信息需要电脑去处理
Oh, no. There is so much information for the computer to process…
看 他看到的内容比我们在屏幕上的要早一分钟
Look. What he’s looking at is about a minute ahead of what we’re seeing on the big screen.
电脑重新建立所有信息需要花费不少时间
That’s the amount of time it takes for the computer to re-establish all the information.
不过看上去不太妙
But that isn’t very good.
天啊 我们不能继续传输那个信息了
We’re not going to transmit that.
内德 把它打开 – 我已经打开了
Open it up all the way, Ned. – I already did!
屏幕回到绿色了,他累了
It’s gone back to green. He’s tired.
不 它回到了红色,看来还不够
No, it’s gone back to red. It’s not enough.
开始了吗?
Has it started?
不 艾迪特 我们还在识别阶段,再等等看吧
No. Still the recognition phase, Edith. Just wait.
冷静 – 我现在非常冷静
Stay calm. – I’m always calm!
这一天会成为历史上伟大的一天
So this day is a great day in history
你的家人会非常骄傲
and your family is very proud
你们在互相凝视中度过这一天
to be with you on this day when you see our faces.
我知道我说的太多了
I know I am talking too much.
安东 这是给艾迪特的 不是给亨利 – 我会讲到她的
Anton, it’s Edith this is for. Not Henry. – I’m coming to her.
你好 亲爱的艾迪特
Hello, dear Edith.
要是我能够和你在一起分享这一时刻就好了…
If only we could be with you and share this moment with you…
这可不像把一盘磁带放进去然后再倒放那样简单
It wasn’t as simple as just putting in a tape and playing it back.
无论是谁最初摄制的这些影像 它都必须被再看一次
Whoever had initially recorded the images had to see them again.
电脑首先记录所见这一生理行为
The first time the computer had recorded the act of seeing,
现在它开始记录所见的记忆内容
now it was reading the act of remembering.
理论上讲 这两种信息网络,加上事件的真实录像
In theory, these two grids of information, together with the actual video recordings of the event,
计算机能够将这些图像再次转换为脑电波
enabled the computer to translate these images into brainwaves again,
并在盲人的视觉皮层中重现
and to reproduce them in the blind person’s visual cortex.
法伯博士!这里的记忆力保持度太低了 甚至都没有20%
Dr. Farber! Very poor retention here. It’s not even 20%!
我们无法传输这个模拟信♥号♥♥ 这只会让她痛苦
We can’t transmit that simulation. It would just upset her too much!
隆达
Ronda.
大脑活动很不集中 脑电波活跃度太低了
Brain activity unfocused. These waves are too low.
他完全没有把心思放在上面
He’s just not on it.
我对系统进行循环冗余校验 系统没有问题
I’ve CRC’d the entire system. Nothing wrong on the inside.
他的集中度是红色 这还不够,集中度只有红色
His concentration is only red. It’s not enough. You’re only red!
别和我说话
Don’t talk to me!
亨利 你这样是在虐待她
You’ll abuse her, Henry!
你利用你妻子
You use your wife!
你利用你儿子
You use your son!
你利用了周围所有人
You use my people!
清空大脑 停止思考
Empty your mind! Stop thinking!
越搞越糟
Henry! You’re making it worse.
我无法操作,没有图案 没有影像 没有颜色
I have nothing to work with. There’s no check, no definition, no color!
求求你了 快清空大脑!除了那个静止的点
Empty your mind, for goodness sake! Look only at the still point!
别的什么都不要想
There’s nothing but the still point!
他妈的
Shit!
山姆 看到了吧 当你累的时候 做这件事是很疯狂的
Well, there you are. It was crazy to do it when you were tired, Sam.
你说什么?
What did you say?
当你累的时候做这件事是很疯狂的
It’s crazy to do it when you are tired!
但是 在科学的字典里 明天这个词是永远存在的
However, in science there’s always tomorrow.
别瞧不起我 你这个可怜的老头
Don’t patronize me, you pathetic old man!
可怜的老头?年轻人 你肯定忍♥受不了这压力的
Pathetic old man? You just never could stand up to pressure, young man!
别像孩子一样做幼稚的事情了
Stop acting like children.
为什么我不记得你是什么样的人了?
Why don’t I remember what you’re like?
当你在美国失踪的时候 我以为你要么是死了 要么是坐牢了
When you disappeared from America and I thought you were dead or in jail.
我花了的整整一年来寻找你
I lost a whole year of my life looking for you!
哦 我还没说过谢谢 嗯? – 对 你从来没说过
What, I never said thank you, huh? – That’s right, never!
为了你 我失去妻子 我唯一的孩子
I lost my wife and my only child for you!
山姆 我能做什么 做什么?
Sam, what could I have done?
我可以信任你,你可以承认你做错了
You could have trusted me. You could have admitted you were wrong for once in your life!
够了,你们两个都给我住手
That’s enough. Stop it, both of you.
对不起
Sorry.
每一次都会 不管我做什么,我真的很抱歉
Every time I work with him I go wrong. Whatever I do. Every single time.
我真的很抱歉
I’m sorry.
没起作用 是吗?其实这也是件好事
Didn’t work, did it? Bloody good thing, too.
怎么啦?
What’s wrong?
这整段旅途…没有任何目的和意义
This whole journey… for nothing.
晚上好
Good evening.
你的新男友是这个迷人的家伙
Charming chap, your new boyfriend.
你根本不知道他经历了些什么
You don’t know what he’s going through!
这是你儿子?
This is your son?
每当我看到小男孩 我的心总是一阵疼痛
It hurts every time I see a small boy.
每当我在机场,看到小孩子时 我的眼睛总是充满了泪水
When I’m in an airport, I look at a little kid. My eyes well up with tears.
这好像一种病一样
It’s like a sickness.
这太荒谬了
It’s ridiculous.
我抱他的时候 胳膊会酸痛
My arms ache to hold him.
从这里到这里 整条胳膊都是这样
Literally, here and here.
他死了?
He is dead?
不是
No.
不是 他只是…
No, he’s just…
他过去根本不会这样的 我的意思是 他经常这样 但…
He didn’t used to be like this. I mean he was always like this but…
也有一些其他的事情
there was something else, too.
他总是自满,但他也总能找到一些可以帮助别人的事情
He was always full of himself, but he could always find something to do for other people.
他们都很爱他
These people love him.
他帮助他们治好了沙眼
He helped them beat trachoma.
他为了这一目标呕心沥血,这真的…很无私
He worked his guts out to achieve that. And it was… selfless.
但他就是个自我主义者 总是为自我而陶醉
But he’s an egotist, and he’s obsessed.
我跟他一样 我是个以自我为中心的偏执狂
I’m like him. I’m obsessive.
我忽视我的家庭
I neglected my family,
我自己的妻子 我的孩子
my own wife and my child.
我在库伯佩迪的一个公用电♥话♥亭提出分手
I broke up on a payphone, in Coober Pedy.
明明再也没有比这更重要的东西了
Nothing was worth shit, anymore.
在大卫的帮助下 我找到了父母,可这几乎就是个意外
When I did find my parents, with David’s help, it was almost by accident.
我对亨利特别生气 我差点一拳揍在他的鼻子上的
And I was so angry with Henry I could’ve punched him in the nose.
冷静下来后 我只想逃离此等困境
After a while, I just wanted to get the hell out of here.
这就是我来这里的原因…为了录影带
That’s why I volunteered…to record the tapes.
我不是说我是个好人
It wasn’t because I’m a great guy.
我很长一段时间都不是好人了
I haven’t been a nice guy in a long time.
我看不出昂首阔步或焦躁不安有任何的意义
I can’t see the point of all this strutting and fretting.
我们其实跟死人无异
We are all as good as dead.
在我字典里 不是这样
Not in my book, we’re not.
我们跟死人不一样 我还活着,我是在拯救你 温特
I’m not dead here and neither are you. I’m saving your ass, Winter!
写东西没什么用
Writing won’t help.
你的故事也不会帮到我
Your stories won’t help me.