《直到世界末日》拍摄于1990年4月至1991年初
Until the end of the world was filmed between April 1990 and early 1991.
摄制组人员捉襟见肘,横跨四大洲和九大洲
Its relatively small film crew traveled across four continents and nine countries,
每到一处均寻求大量本土技术人员
pausing at each location to obtain a large number of local technicians.
这部电影在1991年秋天的院线上映,时长不足三小时
The film’s theatrical release in the fall of 1991 ran for less than three hours, which,
如维姆·文德斯所述,影片的内容进行大幅精简
according to wim wenders, reduced the project’s epic dimension to a reader’s digest summary.
这就是为什么在1994年,推出了导演剪辑版
That is why in 1994 he edited the director’s cut presented here,
一部持续近五个小时的“公路电影”
a “road movie” par excellence lasting nearly five hours.
对于一部作者电影来说,预算超2000万美元的并不常见
At well over $20 million, the production’s budget was uncommon for
这也是文德斯参与过的最庞大的制♥作♥
an auteur film, and the largest with which wenders had ever worked.
虽然这部电影的配乐取得了相当大的成功
While the film’s soundtrack enjoyed considerable success
但票房♥表现却低于预期
Its box office performance fell short of expectations.
影片是在35mm伊士曼彩色胶片上拍摄的
The project was shot on super 35mm eastman color film.
2014年 原始底片以4k分辨率扫描并修复
In 2014 the original negative was scanned at 4k resolution and restored.
随着时间的推移,底片出现了轻微的收缩和缺陷
Over time the negative had suffered a slight shrinkage and had defective
胶片上出现了拼接、灰尘和轻微划痕等痕迹
splices, dust, and slight scratches on both the support side and emulsion.
所有修复是在柏林阿莱公♥司♥进行的,并得到了CNC的慷慨支持
All work was performed at arri film & t services Berlin, with the generous support of the cnc.
直到世界尽头
Until the end of the world
1999年是印度核卫星失控的一年
1999 was the year the Indian nuclear satellite went out of control.
没人知道它会坠落在哪里
No one knew where it might land.
它翱翔于臭氧层 像一只致命的猛禽
It soared above the ozone layer like a lethal bird of prey.
全世界都倍感震惊,只有克莱尔毫不在意
The whole world was alarmed. Only Claire couldn’t care less.
因为那时候她正历经自己的噩梦
At the time she was living her own nightmare.
每晚她都重复同样的梦境,自己在一片陌生土地上滑行
The same dream arrived each night: she was gliding over an unknown land,
一开始还很愉悦,但后来滑行变成下坠
pleasantly at first, but then the gliding would turn into falling.
这让她惊恐不已 随即从梦里醒来
falling into panic, and then she’d wake up.
彼得 – 为什么你还在这里?
Pietro! – Why are you still here?
你还记得那个家伙绿房♥间里的那个 记得吗?
You saw that guy in the green room, remember?
他是个卑鄙小人 -他还没睡醒
He’s a creep! – He won’t wake up.
药物起效了 这里太危险
Stayed release drugs. Fucking dangerous.
你可以…再给法布里尼医生打个电♥话♥?当然啦
Do you mind… – Phone Dr. Fabrini again? Sure.
彼得 现在都几点了 你该睡觉了
Pietro, what now??You should be in bed.
我睡不着 医生 我真的睡不着
I don’t sleep anymore, doctor. Sleeping is out.
所有认识克莱尔的人都很喜欢她
All of us who knew Claire well
喜欢她的乐观 活力 以及勇气
loved her for her optimism, her energy and her courage.
我们想起了她身上的这些事,就像我们想忘记她
We remembered these things about her just as we’d like to forget her capacity
自我毁灭的能力一样,这是她的一部分,我们接受了这一点
for self destruction. They were all a part of her and we accepted that.
当克莱尔离开我的时候,我自我封闭起来
When Claire had left me, I’d shut myself off completely.
我不见任何人,也不愿离开公♥寓♥
I didn’t see anybody, and avoided leaving the apartment.
当我试图独处时 总有些事情会扰乱我
In my solitude, things happened to me.
所以我再次祷告 就像很久以前一样,一开始我有些犹豫
I started to pray again, as I had long ago. Hesitantly at first
但最后我接受了孤独的益处
but accepting the good that it did me.
在这种平静中,我开始写作自己的第一部小说
And out of this peace, came the beginning of my first novel.
克莱尔是主角,开头是这样的“她一直
Claire was it’s leading character. It began “For two months…”
流连于派对 毒品 性♥爱♥
drifted through the parties, the designer drugs, the one night stands.
寻找一切借口让自己更堕落,直到她突然醒悟
seeking excuses to obliterate herself, until she realized
如果想活下去 就不能再继续放纵下去
that if she was to go on living, she couldn’t go on living like this.
您好 克莱尔,计算机系统正在执行汽车初始化
Hello, Claire. Your dashboard computer system is now online performing car initialization.
启动电子地图服务请按一
Press 1 to activate the electronic map service.
威尼斯
Venice
克莱尔 友情提醒 您已超速
Friendly reminder that you’re over the speed limit, Claire.
爱之火 爱之火在远处燃烧 却没有尘光
The fire of love, the fire of love Can burn from afar. And nothing can light
夜晚的黑暗,就像星星的陨落
the dark of the night. Like a falling star
夏之吻 冬之泪,都像星星一样消逝不在
Summer kisses, Winter tears. Like the stars they fade away
请让我独自一人 渡过这漫漫长夜
Leaving me to spend my lonely nights
带着昨日的旧梦
With dreams of yesterday
前方三十公里处拥堵
Traffic congested for the next 30km.
没有其他线路可供选择
Unable to provide alternative route.
很抱歉 克莱尔
I’m sorry, Claire.
是卫星导致交通拥堵
The satellite emergency created traffic jams,
人人纷纷逃离可能坠落的地区,例如法国南部
wherever people fled areas of possible impact, like the south of France.
只有克莱尔 一如既往的缺乏耐心 她逃离人群
Only Claire, impatient as ever, fled the traffic jam and chose to thrust herself
选择踏入未知区域
into the unknown.
她这么做 不仅改变了自己,还改变了我们所有人的生活
In doing so, she changed the direction of her life, of all our lives.
克莱尔,您即将离开导航区域 接下来只能依靠自己了
You are leaving the map zone database. You are on your own, Claire.
克莱尔感觉到一股异常的轻快
Claire felt strangely light.
她确信自己会死于这片荒原
She knew she’d been meant to die here, on the high plateau of the Lozre.
她活着真是奇迹
It was a miracle she was alive.
不知道是天使的疏漏
The angels had somehow made a mistake in their accounting and had left her
还是是上天的馈赠,她被赋予全新的生活
with a precious gift. She’d been given a whole new life that she could use
可以利用这段时间去成为更好的人,还可以帮助他人
this time, to be a better person. She could be of service.
她所需要的只是一个机会 一个使命
All she needed was an opportunity, a mission.
该死 – 是的
Shit! – Yes…
雷蒙德 她没注意到我们 – 对不起 我们还没介绍自己
She didn’t see us, Raymond. – I’m sorry, we were not introduced.
克莱尔·都纳尔 – 我是雷蒙德 他是奇科
Claire Tourneur. – I am Raymond, He’s Chico.
奇科 你应该向都纳尔小姐道歉
Chico, you could apologize to…Madame Tourneur.
你好吗? – 不 我不好
Are you all right? – No, I’m not.
对不起 我一直就是个白♥痴♥
I’m sorry, I’ve been an idiot.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你车还能开吗?
Will your car still work?
人们喜欢下定义,一旦你说摇滚
People always want to give definitions. You say “Rock’n Roll”
他们就反问 是哪种类型的摇滚?
they ask, “Which kind?”.
但我就只喜欢摇滚 而不是哪种 我是鼓手
But I just play rock’n roll. I’m a drummer.
你听过他演奏吗? – 他已经在我耳边轰炸15年了
Did you hear him playing? – He’s been breaking my head for 15 years.
雷蒙德你也一样,当你说你是佛教♥徒♥ 大家都疯了
Raymond is the same. When he says he is buddhist, people go crazy.
他们受不了他 – 但这并不一样的
They can’t stand him! – It’s not the same.
成为佛教♥徒♥并没有什么错
There’s nothing wrong in being buddhist.
为什么 他工作是做什么的?
In his job, yes. – What’s his job?
我的工作…操啊操的
My job is…fuck and fucking.
我想喝瓶啤酒 – 为了换个口味
I want a beer. – For a change!
我们可以停在那里
We might stop there.
放下它
Leave it there!
别碰它
Don’t touch it!
谁在敲门?是我
Who’s there? – It’s me.
我想和你谈谈
I’ve got to talk with you.
你的背包看起来很重
Your bag’s heavy.
这些钱足够花的了- 可以在罗马买♥♥杯咖啡了
This is enough for being rich. – You might pay a coffee in Rome.
看到没?这是五万块
Did you see well? It’s 50,000!
我说什么了 一杯卡布奇诺就这价格
What did I say? It’s the price for a cappuccino.
不过如果是在埃塞俄比亚 可以买♥♥半头牛
But with this one you could buy half a cow in Ethiopia.
你去过那里? – 是的
Have you been there? – Yes.
那还去过哪里?哪里都去过一点
Where else have you been? – More or less everywhere.
我哪里也没去过,我无所谓
I’ve never been anywhere. I don’t care.
好吧 其实我去过美国 – 所以这到底是多少钱?
Well actually I’ve been in America. – So, how much do you have there?
你自己数吧,我把它放这里,你躺上面睡觉都行
Count them, I leave it here. Sleep on it.
完美
Perfect!
克莱尔感到头晕目眩
Claire’s head was spinning.
这是圈套吗?还是她一直在苦苦寻觅的机会?
Was this a trap? Or exactly the opportunity she was looking for?
她再次历经一个不眠之夜 不过这次至少没有噩梦
She spent another sleepless night, keeping her nightmares at bay.
我不相信只做事不要钱的人
I don’t trust people who do thing for free.
你不是一个佛教♥徒♥吗? – 我很现实
And you’d be a buddhist? – Realist!
所以呢?
So?
我同意 三成
I agree, for 30%.
我们知道数目 别忘记我们能找到你 – 冷静点 雷蒙德
We counted the money, we can find you. – Calm down Raymond.
随你好了 要是你有新主意的话 没问题
If you want to change your mind…Do as you want.
就算你留的是假地址 我们也能找到你
If the address is not real, we know where to find you.
所以别想耍我们 不值得
It’s not worth to try to fool us.
我们现在还不知道收钱的人是谁
We don’t know who will fetch the money.
要是你想联♥系♥我 比如想喝杯酒 …或者听听歌♥…
If it’s not me, and if you want to contact me, have a drink, listen to some music…
是的 你永远想不到会发生什么
Yes! You never know.
这是我做的音乐,不过只是小样
This is my music. It’s just a demo.
谢了 奇科
Thanks, Chico.
记得要准时 – 别担心
Don’t lose time. – Don’t worry.
看 她的行踪
Here she is!
克莱尔思考着自己的未来…
Claire thought about her future,
在开往圣艾蒂安时路途中
as she drove from the high plateau towards St. etienne.
这些钱足够她在塞纳河畔买♥♥一套公♥寓♥
Her share of the money could buy her an apartment on the Seine.
那将会是一段宁静的生活,凭窗就能眺望埃菲尔铁塔
A quiet life, a view of the Eiffel Tower.
但这就是她想要的一切吗?
But did she really want all this?
请勿疲劳驾驶 克莱尔
Take a break, Claire.
现在她到哪里了?
Where is she now?