The forecast:plenty of sunshine today with seasonal temperatures,
阳光灿烂 气温正常
Clear skies tonight.
晚上爽朗
lncreasing cloudiness tomorrow, sticky and humid.
明天天气转为阴湿
Hey, hey! Come give me a kiss.
嘿 亲我一下
Be good.
你要乖乖的
Bye.
再见
Have fun!
好好上课
Hey, man, you know where l could find Frank Barnes?
法兰克巴恩在哪里?
Good luck.
祝好运
Thanks.
谢谢
Excuse me. l’m looking for Frank Barnes.
不好意思 我要找法兰克巴恩
You found him.
我就是
l’m Will Colson.
我是威尔考森
We’re working together today on train 1206.
我们今天要一起在1206列车工作
1206. That’s the one.
1206 没错
That’s the profile? Yeah. Want to take a look?
你的简历吗? 没错 看一下吗?
How you doing?
你好吗?
ls there a problem?
有什么问题吗?
No problem.l just don’t like working in a damn day-care center.
没问题 我只是不喜欢在幼儿园工作
Yeah, well, l don’t like working at a retirement home, so…
我也不喜欢在养老院工作
All right.
够了
l’ll tell you what l’m gonna finish my coffee. l’ll meet you on the wagon.
我先喝完咖啡 然后车上见
Sounds good.
好
1206. Yeah. That’s the one.
1206列车 没错
You know that punk’s union, right?
你们知道他是工会的人吧
Heard they just made him a shop steward at the UTU.
他们让他当了谈判代表
First year?
第一年加入?
You know how he got hired? His name’s Colson.
你们知道他是怎么被录取的 他姓考森
His two uncles are running things over at Thornwood
两个叔叔都是高层的人
and his brother’s lead welder at Deacon.
兄弟是焊接工主管
The whole family’s from Stanton.
整个家族都是斯坦顿来的
That figures.
就是这样
Here, they’re shit-canning guys every day,
公♥司♥整天都在解雇员工
but you got the right last name and a rookie’s pay grade
但只要姓的对
you got a job
就会有工作
What the hell are these guys?
这些家伙在干嘛
Dewey, Gilleece.
杜伊 葛利
Sorry to break up charm school,
抱歉打断你们
but what the hell is that beast still doing on D-16?
那个柴油车头在D16号♥轨道干嘛
l told you l need that track clear.
我不是跟你们说要清空吗?
Relax, buddy. We were just about to move it.
我们正要移开
Like hell you are.
少来这一套
l’ve got 150 school students coming in on some field trip on D-16.
有150个学生校外教学要用到D16轨道
l need that track cleared.
我需要轨道清空
D-10’s clear. You can set it there.
D10是空的 把车头移过去
Welcome to the Railroad Safety Campaign.
欢迎参加铁路安全讲习
We’re a not-for-profit program
这是政♥府♥办的活动
designed to educate young people like yourselves
目的是让你们了解
about railway safety. Hey, settle down.
铁路安全的重要 大家安静
Show of hands.
举手告诉我
Who’s ridden a train before?
谁有坐过火车?
All right! All aboard!
好 大家上车
So what’s our day?
今天要做什么?
then it’s pretty much a straight shot
我们只要调度火车头
We’re supposed to pick up 25 cars just past Stanton
过了斯坦顿接25节车厢
through Wilkins.
然后通过威金斯
Any slow orders?
有慢车吗?
No.
没有
You sure?
你确定?
They’d be highlighted in red.
有就会用红色标示
No. No slow orders.
没有慢车
All right.
好
Dewey, what the hell is taking you so long?
杜伊 为什么这么久?
lt’s a 39-car consist, Bunny.The thing’s half a mile long, for Christ’s sake.
39节车厢有半哩长耶
Gilleece, channel up.
葛利 说话
Go for Gilleece.
葛利 收到
You believe this shit?
这太扯了
Hey, hold up. You forgot to tie the air in from the point.
等一下 空气管线没接好
Yeah, so?
所以呢?
So, you don’t have any air brakes.
所以你没有(气)刹车
You can tie the hoses once we got her parked and Bunny’s quit his bitching.
我不要听邦尼碎念 车停好再弄
Okay.
好
l only got one rule.
我只有一个规矩
You gonna do something, you do it right.
事情要做对 不清楚就问
You don’t know how to do it, ask me, all right?
如果你需要什么
Likewise, if you need anything from me, you better speak up
就问我
’cause you’re the conductor.
因为你是列车长
Once we get our freight, it’s your train.
我们一上路 车就是你的
l’m just the guy driving it.
我只是驾驶
How long you been out of training? About four months.
一你训练结束多久 一四个月
Four months?
四个月?
Wow. Yeah.Full-on yellow vest rookie.
哇 有够菜的
How long you been railroading?
你在铁道工作多久了
Twenty-eight years. November 13, 1981. 28 years.
28年 从81年11月13日起
What did you do before that?
你之前做什么的
Oh, l don’t know. A bunch of different jobs.
就一堆工作换来换去
Yeah? No railroading?No.
一没做过铁道? 一没有
Just looking to do something different.
就想做不一样的
Something different?
不一样?
What do you mean, something better?
你是说更好吗?
No. Just…
不
Different.
不一样
Just different.
就换个不一样的
Hey, Dewey, want to pick it up a little bit, jagoff?
杜伊 快一点
l want to have lunch at some point.
我还想要吃完午餐
Your lawyer just called.
你的律师刚打来
You got a break. The hearing’s been moved up to this morning.
好消息 听证会改到今天早上
Looks like you’ll be going home.
看来你有机会回家了
Well, that’s great, but…
那太好了 但是…
Did you tell him l was working? l can’t come in.
你有告诉他我在工作吗?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. He said no problem, man.
他说没问题
lt’s looking good. All right.
状况看来不错
Call him in an hour or two, see where it’s at.
等会帮我再打给他 再告诉我状况
l will. And then give me a call.
一好 一再打给我
We ready to pull out or what?
我们有没有要出发?
Coming.
马上来
All right.
好
Train’s leaving.
火车可不等人的
What’s our fuel gauge reading?
油料表读数多少?
Fuel gauge. 2,900.
油料表读数2900
2,900!
2900 !
Angle-cock’s closed, hand brake’s knocked off.
角旋塞关闭 手刹车放开
Good, good, good.
很好 很好
Got all the updated division notices and bulletin orders.
路线资料 内部通知都准备好
Filled out our time slips.
发车资料记录也填妥
We’re good to go.
我们可以出发了
Good. All right.
很好 很好
You’re at 29 cars. You got 10 to go. You’re good.
29节 还剩10节 状况不错
Dewey, you got 29. Ten more makes…
杜伊 29节加10节是…
You taking PB-9 over to D-10?
你要把PB9移到D10 ?
Dewey.
杜伊
Dewey.
杜伊
Hold your horses.
等一下
What’s wrong?
怎么了
Damn trailing point switch. The track’s aligned for D-16.
轨道切换不对 我会往D16去
What’s your stopping distance?
要多久才能停下来
At least 20 cars to a stop. Damn it!
至少要20节车厢长 该死
Okay, so we back it up and lose a little time.
那我们多花点时间先后退
l’m hopping out.
我下去改
Do not get out of that cab, man!
不要离开驾驶厢