以下故事根据真实事件改编
曼联重生
两年前
伴随着信♥号♥♥
‘At a signal, the Marines move in
陆战队实施了核武器演习的最后一击
‘for the final assault in their atomic manoeuvres.
对战士而言 这是一次彩排
‘For the leather-necks, a dress rehearsal.
对科学家而言 这是更纯粹的核武器
‘For the scientists, a cleaner nuclear weapon.
1956年9月
体育新闻
‘Sports news.
曼联球星着手准备新赛季
The pride of Manchester United prepare for the new football season.
战胜了更成熟更有经验的球队
Having overcome older, more experienced teams
曼联赢得上赛季英甲联赛冠军
to claim last season’s First Division League championship,
巴斯比宝贝能在新赛季复♥制♥他们的辉煌吗
can the Busby Babes repeat their triumph in the forthcoming season?’
我们当然可以 愚蠢的问题
Course we can. Silly question.
来认识一下球员
And so, to meet the players.
队长 来自巴恩斯利的马克·琼斯
Team captain, Barnsley’s Mark Jones…
-来自约克郡的边锋 戴维·佩格…-那是我
-…Yorkshire winger, David Pegg… -That’s me, that.
曼联青训 艾迪·科尔曼
Manchester’s very own Eddie Colman,
杜德里市的骄傲 来自布莱克郡的边前卫
and Dudley’s finest, Black Country wing-half
英格兰的英雄 邓肯·爱德华兹
and England hero, Duncan Edwards.
主帅马特·巴斯比和教练吉米·墨菲让那些怀疑
Manager Matt Busby and trusted coach Jimmy Murphy have put the lie
这帮年轻球员无法赢得奖杯的人♥大♥跌眼镜
to the sceptics who said they’d win nothing with such young players.
其他球队只想知道
Other teams can only wonder who’ll be the next talented youngster
下一个成为巴斯比宝贝的天才是谁
to join the ranks of the mighty Busby Babes.
-他上周末去看了曼城的比赛 -是吗 科尔曼
-He was at the CITY match on the weekend. -Yeah, all right, Colman.
是的 不信问他
He was. Ask him.
-你去了吗 告诉我你没去 -是茉莉
-You weren’t, were you? Please tell me that you weren’t. -It’s Molly.
-找姑娘当借口 -她是曼城球迷
-Here he goes. Hiding behind a lass. -She’s a City supporter.
-她让我陪她去 -看 这就是你的错了
-She likes me to go with her. -See, that’s where you went wrong.
把妹的时候 问她的第一个问题是 你属于红还是蓝
The first question you ask a girl is, “Are you a Red or a Blue?”
-他是对的 -听到了吗 博比 泡妞达人的经验
-He’s right. -Are you listening, Bobby? The kings of romance, here
我很抢手的
I do fine, playing t’field.
是啊 自以为是的情圣
Oh, yeah, yeah. He’s a right Casanova, yeah, in his own head.
当我是空气吗
Am I standing out there for my own health?
加油 小伙子们 听到了吗
Come on, then, lads, you heard him. Let’s have you.
保持激♥情♥ 加油
Keep the energy up, come on.
加油 你那也叫跑吗
Come on, you call that running?!
我奶奶都做得比你好
My granny could do better than you lot.
她都死了20年了 给点力
She’s been dead 20 years! Put some energy into it.
足球是项简单的运动
Football’s a simple game.
你只需要抢球 传球 进球
You win the ball, you pass the ball, you score a goal.
其他都不重要
All else is embellishment.
感谢上帝我们不用玩花哨的
Thank the Lord our God we do not embellish on natural beauty.
让球动起来 我刚才说了什么
The ball’s round to go around. What is it?
-我听不清 -让球动起来
-Pardon?! -Round to go around!
把球传回去 一脚触球
Back. Give it back. One touch only.
这是两脚了
That was two.
干得好 邓肯
Good boy, Duncan.
别管英格兰了 你都配得上威尔士了
Never mind England, you’re almost good enough to play for Wales!
一队跟我来
First team with me, come on.
剩下的跟我来 快点集♥合♥
Rest of you come with me. Come on, gather round.
快过来 博比
Come on, Bobby, let’s have you.
-小博比 -您好
-Young Bobby? -Hello.
墨菲先生 我能说几句吗
Er, Mr Murphy, can I have a word, please?
当然
Of course you can.
你觉得头儿什么时候才给我机会
Um, when do you think the boss is going to give me my chance?
当他认为你准备好了
When he thinks you’re ready.
我来到这里三年了 我做到了你要求的任何事
I’ve been here for three years. I’ve done everything you’ve asked.
我也该觉得是
I should bloody well think so!
想得到更多 就需要更努力更刻苦地训练
Be asking for more. More hours, more work, more training.
从没见过哪个球员 因为训练太刻苦而得心脏病的
Never saw a player have a heart attack from working too hard.
-对吗 伯特 -是的 吉米
-Eh, Bert? -Never, Jim.
只是看到其他人都可以 我…
It’s just seeing the others make it through. I…
跟我来 来吧
Come with me, come on.
奥脱福 这座球场矗立于
Old Trafford. This pitch sits in the middle of the
这个国家最大的工业城市的中心
largest industrial estate in the country.
那边 那里是纺织厂工人的看台
Over there, that’s where the cotton boys stand.
还有木工 码头工人 碾磨工的地盘
There’s the joiners, the dockers, the millers.
他们来这前没什么共同点
Nothing in common until they’re here.
我们就是他们的骄傲 在周末
We are their pride…at the end of the week.
我们是他们生活的全部
We set the world to rights for them.
至少直到周日早晨
At least till Sunday morning.
我们欠他们太多 你想在他们面前踢球
And we owe them the best. Now, you want to play in front of them,
我和巴斯比先生需要知道
me and Mr Busby need to know
你能在每周六下午三点
you’ll give us the best in front of
在这8万人面前展现出最好的一面
these 80,000, 3pm on a Saturday.
但是现在 这座球场 这支球队
But right now, this ground,
不欠你博比·查尔顿任何东西
this club, owes Mr Bobby Charlton exactly nothing.
你准备抱怨还是工作
Are you going to bleat or work?
这就是成功与失败的区别
That separates those who make it from those who don’t.
我…我要工作
I…I’m going to work.
我们在做伟大的事 博比
We’re doing great things, Bobby.
你会成功的 我保证
It’s all here for you, I promise.
-你有几只脚 -两只
-How many feet have you got? -Two.
你为什么不两只都用
Why aren’t you using both?
我一直更擅长用右脚
I’ve always preferred me right.
-训练过左脚吗 用过左脚吗 没有吗 -没有
-Ever practise with your left? Play with your left? No? -No.
那你怎么知道你更擅长右脚
So how do you know you prefer your right?
看到那堵墙了吗 用左脚
See that wall? Left foot,
然后右脚 左脚 右脚 尽全力踢对着墙射
then right, then left, then right. As much power as you can muster.
每天至少一小时
Shoot at that wall for an hour every day, at least.
-并且尽量确保周围没人 -为什么
-And try and make sure no-one else is around. -Why’s that?
我们不想让大家都知道你的实力
We don’t want everyone knowing how good you are.
至少现在不想 继续
Not yet. Go on.
最少用心练一小时 好吗
An hour, mind, at least. All right?
如果你在射程范围内有一个绝佳机会
No, if you’re in range of the goal and you fancy your chances…
别抬头看 踢球的上部射大力地滚球
never look up. Just hit it low and hard, through the top of the ball.
不 要是不看 我肯定错失机会
Oh, no, if I don’t look, I’ll definitely miss.
要是你不知道球往哪滚 对方门将也不知道
If you don’t know where it’s going, neither does their keeper.
大家会原谅球员射门不进
Crowd forgives a player who shoots and misses.
但他们不会原谅球员有机会不射门
They never forgive a player who had a chance and doesn’t.
你想过要当主帅吗
Did you never want to be a manager?
没有 我不擅长毕恭毕敬
No…No, I’m not so good at tugging my forelock,
跟董事会打交道
dealing with the board.
算了吧 巴斯比先生 他才是外交官
No…Mr Busby, he’s the diplomat.
我是个教练 在草场上我能看到阴霾中的曙光
I’m a coach. You put me on the grass, I can see the future on a foggy day.
看着球员们闪耀 就是对我的回报
That’s my reward. Seeing that spark, watching it flame.
你怀念踢球吗
Do you not miss playing?
不
No.
说到我的伤心处了
Like an ache in my gut.
珍惜每次触球 小伙子们 机会转瞬即逝
Cherish every touch, lads. It goes so quick.
我不会放过他的
I wouldn’t let him get away with that.
我能听他说一整晚
I can listen to him all night.
我还需要做什么才能进一队
What more do I need to do to get into the team?
坚持训练 保持微笑 机会总会来的
Keep working, keep smiling. Time’ll come.
你说的倒轻松 你17岁已经上阵英格兰杯赛了
That’s easy for you to say, with your England cap at 17.
人人都爱你 伟大的邓肯·爱德华兹
Everybody loves you, mighty Duncan Edwards.
我也曾像你一样 时刻努力训练
I went through the same as you, and I grafted every hour of every day.
我不是得到一个一线位置 而是抢到的
I didn’t get handed a place in the team. I stole one.
努力挤进球队 还要努力保住位置
It’s a struggle to get in the team. It’s a struggle to stay in.
但如果你没有为其
But if you don’t have the guts to fight for
奋斗15年的决心
that for the next 15 years of your life,
你最好赶紧打包回家吧
you’d best get back on the train home.
那就太愚蠢了 因为其实你♥他♥妈♥的很棒
Which would be stupid, cos you’re bloody good, actually.
早 头儿
Morning, Boss.
-他怎么样 -预备队联赛最佳射手
-How’s he doing? -Top scorer in the Altrincham League.
上场比赛12比0
Last match was 12-0.
大部分球是博比进的
Bobby scored the majority.
他每早都在这吗
And he’s here every morning?
比别人早来一小时 晚走一小时
An hour earlier than the rest, stays an hour later.
是的 他是一流的
Yeah, he’s a thoroughbred.
好的 别毁了他
Well, don’t ruin him, then.