one grape,
1958年的整套《民族》报纸
every issue of La Nazione printed in 1958,
《民族》为意大利历史最悠久的地区性报纸之一
还有各式各样的前房♥客
and assorted previous tenants.
克服买♥♥♥房♥♥懊悔症的诀窍就是制定一个计划
The trick to overcoming buyer’s remorse is to have a plan.
挑一个房♥间作自己的卧室
Pick one room and make it yours.
细细品鉴房♥间的每一处
Go slowly through the house.
谦逊一些 耐心感受它所经历的故事
Be polite. Introduce yourself so it can introduce itself to you.
你干了什么
You did what?
弗朗西丝在托斯卡尼买♥♥了幢别♥墅♥
Frances bought a house in Tuscany!
那你要住在那里吗 一个人
And you’re gonna live there? Alone?
我才不孤单 虫子陪着呢
I’m not there alone, I’m there with bugs.
宝宝怎么样了
How’s the belly?
一切都好 天哪 真没想到你会这样做
It’s growing. It’s good. God, I can’t believe you did this.
-你已经买♥♥下来了吗 -是啊 怎么了
– Did you already sign? – Yes. Why?
怎么 你觉得我不该买♥♥吗
What, you think I shouldn’t have?
别跟我说我做错了
Are you telling me I made a mistake?
说不准 你觉得呢
I don’t know. Did you?
我不知道啊 但明明是你给我大谈特谈
Well, I don’t know. You’re the one who made the
什么徒有躯壳的人站在十字路口
“empty-shell person standing at the crossroads” speech.
好吧 是我说的
Oh, yeah, that was me.
行 你就这样买♥♥啦
Okay. Wow! So you bought a villa in Tuscany.
-房♥子怎么样啊 -还得装♥修♥一下
– What’s the place like? – It needs a little work.
谁来装♥修♥
Well, who’s gonna do it?
-我来 -你来
– I am. – You are?
我印象中你动手能力没那么强吧
I guess I never realized you were so handy.
我能自力更生
I can do things, you know.
还记得我修好过水管吗
Remember I fixed that drain?
你厨房♥那个 不 那是我修的
In your kitchen? No, that was me.
是我递给你那什么橡胶玩意
I handed you the rubber thingy.
你说塞子 那是汤姆递的
The plunger? That was Tom.
太烦人了 你干嘛提到他
I can’t believe it. Why, why did you just say his name?
抱歉 我忘了 十分抱歉
I’m sorry. I’m sorry, I forgot. I’m sorry.
我能搞定这一切
I can make this work. You know?
当然我不是说
Of course I didn’t mean
所有的活都我♥干♥ 我可是在意大利
I was gonna do all the work myself. I’m in Italy.
我可以雇那些罗马众神肌肉发达的后裔
I can hire the muscular descendants of Roman gods
来干那些体力活
to do the heavy lifting.
那好吧 好好监督 告诉他们该干什么
Yeah, right then. Just supervise, tell them what to do.
-还没遇到那谁吗 -谁
– So have you met him yet? – Uh… Who?
-你的真命天子 -拜托 派蒂
– The guy you’re gonna meet. – Patti, please.
我们这开始下雨了
You know what, it’s starting to rain here a little bit,
我得挂了
so I think I have to go now.
等等 范妮…
Wait, Fran…
代我亲亲宝宝好吗
I want you to kiss the belly for me, okay?
-范妮 我 -再见
– Fran, I… – Bye-bye.
-打星69回拨意大利好使吗 -不行吧
– Can you star-69 Italy? – No.
星69为美国电♥话♥服务 用于对未知号♥码的回拨
我试试
I’m gonna try.
有人吗
Hello?
到了
Okay.
一秒 两秒
One-one thousand… Two…
妈啊
Jesus!
好了
Okay…
快停吧
Stop it!
天哪
Oh, my God!
天哪
Oh, my God!
没事了 你在这很安全
You’re gonna be okay. You’re safe here.
别乱飞好吗 会吓死我的
Just don’t fly around, okay? You’ll freak me out.
夫人
Signora?
梅斯夫人
Signora Mayes?
早上好
Buon giorno.
看来你在暴雨中活下来了
I see you have survived the storm.
我没事 不过洗衣机挂了
I’m alive. But the… the washing machine is dead.
是的 它被雷劈废了
Yes. It was electrocuted.
还好你没有被劈到
I’m happy to see that you were not.
你是专门来看我的吗
You… you came to check on me?
你今天要见几个承包商
You are meeting the contractors today
我来搭把手
and I came to help you.
-其中一个已经到了 -到了
– I believe one of them is already here. – Here?
楼下
Downstairs.
是到了
He’s here.
我希望拆掉这堵墙
I was hoping to take this wall down,
把这两个小房♥间整合成一个大的
turn these two small rooms into one big room.
好主意
Oh, wonderful.
你品味这么出众
You should have been an architect.
该做个建筑师
You have excellent taste.
那我说的这些到底能搞定不
So, do you think it can be done?
暖气管一周 浴室三天
Heating pipes, a week. The bathrooms, three days.
夫人 给我你房♥子的钥匙
Signora, give me the keys of this place
一个月之内我将还您一座宫殿
and in one month I will give you back the keys to your palace.
交给我就行
Just… just leave it to me.
工匠之神啊 拆了这里吧
San Melchiorre dei carpentieri, qui crolla tutto!
轰隆 轰隆 轰隆
Boom, boom, boom!
来
Andiamo.
我几年前就修过这个
Feci io questo lavoro. Era anni fa, eh…
他说很早以前就修过这个了
He says he fixed it himself many years ago.
是吗 想看看别的地方吗
Really? Oh. You wanna see the rest of the house?
行 可以
Okay. Yes, yes.
这可不行 我得重建这堵墙
Oh, ma non e possibile. Eh, lo deve rifare questo muro.
他建议你重新砌一堵墙
He suggests that you rebuild the wall.
这对整个花♥园♥的结构十分重要
E ‘importante per la struttura del giardino.
这对整个花♥园♥的结构十分重要
It is important for the structure of the garden.
我去叫我的建筑队
C’ho la squadra giusta, ora li chiamo.
他有一队建筑专家
He has a team of experts.
早安
Buon giorno.
你好女士 我们来自波兰 不是意大利人
Hello, miss. We are not Italian. We are from Polonia.
波兰 你们都会英语吗
Poland? Do you all speak English?
只有我会 而且也只会一点点
Only me. And only a little.
-我叫帕维尔 -帕维尔 很高兴认识你
– I am Pawel. – Pawel. Nice to meet you.
早安
Buon giorno.
-杰吉 -杰吉你好
– Jerzy. – Jerzy.
你好
Hello.
-扎卜皮诺 -扎卜皮诺你好
– Zbignew. – Zbignew.
弗朗西丝
Frances.
你觉得尼诺怎么样
What do you think of Nino?
我认识他母亲 若他把工作搞砸了的话
I know his mother. If he does a bad job, it’s…
那好吧
Well, then…
-行 就你们了 -就我们了
– Okay, yes. – Okay, yes?
好的
Yes. Yes.
没问题
Okay. Yes.
看吧弗朗西丝 没问题
See, Frances? No problem.
尼诺
Nino?
天哪
Oh, God!
快跑
Run!
没问题
Okay. Yes.
Kurwa mac!
我那天学会了
“Kurwa mac” means “Holy shit” in Polish.
Kurwa mac是波兰语版的”我靠”
I learned that that day.
而我在意大利学波兰语
The fact that I’m trying to speak Polish in Italy
只不过是我生活中众多趣闻中的一个罢了
is just one of the many surprises around here.
他有电工执照吗
Is he a licensed electrician?
不 不过他有文学教授证书
No, he’s a licensed literature professor.
切斯拉夫·米沃什
Czeslaw Milosz.
切斯拉夫·米沃什 波兰当代诗人及翻译家
我喜欢他 切斯拉夫·米沃什
I like him, Czeslaw Milosz.
人与人的熟识需要时间
It is only natural that getting to know people should take some time.
每天看到这个拿着花的老人
Every day I watch for the old man with the flowers.
我总会想
And I wonder.
这是他的家乡吗
Was he born here?
他所爱的人在这里吗
Did he love someone here?
或是他的至爱在这里逝去了
Did he lose someone here?
他显然对我没什么兴趣 不过没关系